1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Storage on Maple Island

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Salt, Jan 6, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chris

Chris Zakum Retired Staff

Jan 18, 2016
    Maple Island
    5:06 AM
    Christopher
    Islander
    Southperry
    Pig Illustrator Meta Hype. Island Storage 2021!!!!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. OP
    OP
    Salt

Salt Slimy

Apr 3, 2015
    Male
    11:06 AM
    Newbton, Salt
    Paladin
    Southperry
    Good idea, but I think they should just "try out" storage. If it isn't doing anything positive then it can easily be removed... the items on the other hand might be hard to nuke but there's already smuggled items around that hasn't been removed. So yeah just put the storage NPC on Maple Island and see what happens, I don't want to keep repeating all my points to why it should get added but in general I don't see anything negative with having a storage.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    5:06 PM
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    while i don't really understand both sides, from what i've read, it seems that the main point is to have ways to obtain max speed and jump. therefore imo, having a try-out period where having max speed and jump will be nice.

if max speed and jump becomes something that every islander can enjoy permanently, im sure this whole storage problem will be gone, unless u want cosmetics, or claws (magic mittens?) becomes a thing and there's a desire to smuggle it in.

personally i would like to see claws and subi throwing stars being sold on maple island, this will make me consider making an islander :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. kitsunychang

kitsunychang Horny Mushroom

Feb 26, 2018
    Female
    Dangerous Forest, Rainbow Street
    KitsunyChang
    Islander
    Southperry
    well I got rid of them

• Like Like x 1
  5. kitsunychang

Feb 26, 2018
    Female
    KitsunyChang
    Islander
    Southperry
    Completing maple island is not a big deal to me. The problem is that new islander characters won't have to grind for their drops anymore. There won't be any sense of struggle anymore besides the low exp.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Chris

Jan 18, 2016
    Maple Island
    Christopher
    Islander
    Southperry
    I don't know what struggling means in this context, but out of all the times I've remade (even when I had nothing before there even were any event items), I've never felt like I've struggled.

Approximant levels my past Islanders have gotten before I nuked them: 46, 38, 61, 42, 50, 51 (current) minus all of the sub level 30 characters I've made.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. kitsunychang

Feb 26, 2018
    Female
    KitsunyChang
    Islander
    Southperry
    To me, islanding means only using what the island provides. It's always been that way, aside from cheaters smuggling in items, and we never complained before. We work together and share the spoils of the island knowing it wasn't easy to obtain. It's not just some novelty exp grind with whatever equips you can bring over. It's a closed community with its own unique item pool.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Pepper

Pepper Wolfspider

Sep 3, 2020
    Female
    Peppermint
    Bowmaster
    I still do not agree with having storage on the island. I created an islander for the challenge of not just low level mobs but the limited items. I have no issues with how it is currently. Everyone who has smuggled should have their items removed in my opinion and I am disappointed in the community for the amount of people breaking ToS. I have had no interactions with people who have smuggled, except the one I reported. I made an islander over a permabeginner specifically for having no connection to the offland. The response that I can still "play the way I want" works both ways. If you want all the offland items go ahead and leave the island. You can still challenge yourself by limiting yourself to lith harbor/hhg1.

The island community would be ruined if this became the norm. I really doubt adding storage is going to do anything past a week or two. The veterans who don't play might come back, transfer some items then realize they are still bored and log back off. New people who are making an islander.. most probably won't last long. They had no interest in making an islander or permabeginner before, why does storage change it? It was already established in a previous post that the exp difference is not significant. The exp will still be very low and a lot of people don't have the patience for that.

This thread seems to be just a thread of asking for more things. I feel like this is just spiraling towards having almost no difference from offland other than location. This is not what islander was supposed to be.

I agree with Nise that having items drop from mobs or being quests to kill x number of mobs for an item is a better method. It encourages gameplay and doesn't give you the items essentially for free.

If you want offland stuff, leave the island

• Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  9. Lowly

Lowly Mano

Jan 6, 2021
    4:06 AM
    Beginner
    Over a year and a half of ownership?

Quit being hypocritical about it. You used smuggled items for a long time. You can't act high and mighty. They were in your possession for a long time. That Icarus Cape (2) with dex scrolled on it I brought over myself that you had on your character for the longest time. I know an Icarus Cape isn't an island native item.

[​IMG]

Let's be real here. You got rid of them because Royals ruled if you are caught with items you will be taken off island. You benefited from the smuggling for a long long long time and don't think you are able to just flip a switch and it be forgotten. You are putting a smudge onto the Island name and creating a controversy here for no reason and I hope others are able to see that and that KimberlyKimberly can see that many/majority actives would like a storage unit.

• Like Like x 5
  10. OP
    OP
    Salt

Salt Slimy

Apr 3, 2015
    Male
    Newbton, Salt
    Paladin
    Southperry
    We know that you disagree, and that's fine. You've written out your thoughts and rated the thread "disagree" already. I don't feel the need to repeat myself again but it seems like the vast majority are all for a storage and especially seeing that most of the disagrees are from people that doesn't even play an islander.

• Like Like x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. kitsunychang

Feb 26, 2018
    Female
    KitsunyChang
    Islander
    Southperry
    You don't have any idea how much I played with those items. I played for like a week with the items then never again for a year. You should calm down and stop attacking my character because I didn't do anything wrong. I messed around with them just because, and I got rid of them when they were deemed bannable, which is a pretty normal thing to do.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Lowly

Lowly Mano

Jan 6, 2021
    4:06 AM
    Beginner
    Okay, so you knew you had illegal items for "like a week" and then "never again for a year" but you were in active possession of them and actively knew they were smuggled items, but you have the audacity to say that "To me, islanding means only using what the island provides" then by your own definition you are NOT an islander and nothing but a fake. I guess because you dropped them after, actually now that I think about it it's been over 2.5 years, you are now pure from your sins and reborn again. Stop responding. This is why nobody wants to take your opinion on this seriously. You say one thing but do the other.

• Like Like x 1
  13. OP
    OP
    Salt

Salt Slimy

Apr 3, 2015
    Male
    Newbton, Salt
    Paladin
    Southperry
    Staff team I would like to lock this thread from further replies and just wait for an official GM respons. It looks like it's the same people posting not adding any real value to the thread. Also Please ignore the other suggestions about island bosses, gach etc. This thread is a suggestion for island STORAGE not anything else. Also please look at the agree/disagree ratio and also consider who of them actually plays an islander. Thank you!

• Like Like x 2
  14. kitsunychang

Feb 26, 2018
    Female
    KitsunyChang
    Islander
    Southperry
    I guess I'm not allowed to change my view over an extended period of time lol. You're extremely rude btw

• Like Like x 1
  15. zeroxlr

zeroxlr Windraider

Oct 11, 2020
    2:06 AM
    xxxxSnuggles
    Beginner, Camper, Islander
    Having Storage doesn't hurt current meta, since grinding exp gains or randomized Event Hair/Eyes remains the same amount of IRL time spent.

>> 1. Leveling up without the event exp booster is actually relatively fast to get to lvl40; not a struggle at all.

I've seen people do weekend islander grind sessions from level 1-30 in 3 or 4days LOL no exp gain problem here.
    The only reason why it took me 1 month to go from level 1-40 was since I was farming for Mai's Event Hair/Eyes, otherwise it'd level up faster LOL

>> 2. Drop rates are super fast due to the large amounts of mobs killed. Farming for normal/max stat equips or scrolls to drop from monsters are not a struggle at all:

- protip: if the monsters are not dropping (1equip or 1scroll) per 15min, then change channels.
    - - the RNG formula is similar to Monster Card drops, where drop rates change dependent mostly on variables for channel and time marker.

Slime: gold surfboard, bottomwear def 10% scrolls
    Oj Mush: jump 10% scrolls, helm def 60% scrolls, white gomushins
    Stump: topwear def 10% scrolls
    Snail: helm def 10% scrolls
    Spore: ice jeans
    Blue Snail: blue one-lined t-shirt, red-striped t-shirt, grey thick sweat pants
    Pig: red-striped t-shirt

Should easily be able to collect greater than 10x gomushins by lvl30, and at least have 1x decent stat gold surfboard too.

As seen in my previous post, the scrolls for def allows me to "wear undies" no armor, which is just for fun (and took me awhile to farm the def scrolls).

It isn't necessary to farm def scrolls, since there's TONS of equips that boosts +30def total easily.

28-29def total = 1dmg from Pigs
    30def total = 1dmg from OJ Mush

>> 3. The BIGGEST and only struggle (not really a struggle, was actually pretty cool tbh):

Was getting my favorite randomized Permanent Hair/Eyes LOL ...I repeated the Mai's Event Hair/Eye quests so many times for the lucky randomized rolls of hair/eyes that I really liked. Took forever but worth it!
    OnionPretty

Overall:
    Islanders aren't struggling for drops/exp gains... just want to look cool or MEME with random equips.

Storage would be really cool to have, and hopefully resolve illegal item(s) issues too.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  16. OP
    OP
    Salt

Salt Slimy

Apr 3, 2015
    Male
    Newbton, Salt
    Paladin
    Southperry
    Big true.

• Like Like x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    2:06 AM
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  18. kitsunychang

Feb 26, 2018
    Female
    KitsunyChang
    Islander
    Southperry
    Speed equips don't affect the meta, but they do affect how fast the early levels go. With max speed from the start, level 30 could be reached in half that time. I say struggle relatively btw, meaning that if you had storage you would have no reason to think about drops anymore.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Chris

Jan 18, 2016
    Maple Island
    Christopher
    Islander
    Southperry
    I disagree with the "With max speed from the start, level 30 could be reached in half that time.". Starting at level 1 currently you could have 34 speed (without using any 10% on a pet equip. Then if you get a 3 speed gomu clean whether it be from another islander or yourself, thats already 37 speed. You additionally have two att pots to use if you aren't satisfied with your range. The surfboard is incredibly OP and would be top tier even with smuggled items.

Very little actually changes, just lessens the inconveniences of using weathers.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  20. kitsunychang

Feb 26, 2018
    Female
    KitsunyChang
    Islander
    Southperry
    Okay good point I was just guessing. My biggest concern is how island drops will become obsolete if you can just throw mesos at everything in the free market. I feel islanding will become an even hollower exp grindfest with nothing else to think about but leveling.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.