1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Storage on Maple Island

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Salt, Jan 6, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chris

Chris Zakum Retired Staff

Jan 18, 2016
    Maple Island
    10:18 AM
    Christopher
    Islander
    Southperry
    I know some islanders like to farm the vanilla drops on island, personally I don't care enough to loot anything. I've only ever saw the gomushin grind worth it and I feel like the green strap shoes event destroyed that already.

I don't have a green strap shoe but I managed to scroll a +3 gomu, and I have no hopes of acheiving a better shoe than that so that grind has ended for me as well.

I think the storage being available would offer a lot of cool new things to scroll a godly version of, like the lolipop/halloween basket with their fast (3) weapon speed.

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    4:18 PM
    Moderator Post
    Unfortunate to see that things are getting heated up already. This has not been an issue only now, but also the past when it comes to islander changes.

The islanding community is a very small and pure community, and since 2016 it has the problems of almost every islander sharing a different opinion on what Maple Island should be.

While there's a lot of different thoughts on what Maple Island should be, there's only one Maple Island.

In the end, the losing side will be us. It doesn't matter if Maple Island will or will not get Storage in the end. There will be a side of Islanders that will be upset. Not just upset, but probably call me out with all kinds of names behind my back, or (in)directly losing friends because they didn't end up agreeing with the final decision.

Now of course the golden rule I already accepted for the past 6 years is that it's impossible to make everyone happy and that you gain and lose. However, the Islander community is already so small that if situations like these happen it's just not healthy.

I got requested to close this thread. However, I am not going do that (yet) since it stops people that haven't left their thought yet giving their thought, and stops discussions completely. In end, people will probably keep discussing anyway on Discord or something, which makes closing this kind of pointless.

I am asking however if things could get slightly less personal when it comes to disagreements. Again, I understand that any kind of islander change has been heating, but going all into each other isn't going help the situation, and only discourage us (even further) from touching anything Maple Island period.

• Friendly Friendly x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  3. Voxtagrams

Voxtagrams Headless Horseman

Jun 13, 2020
    7:18 AM
    I've made an islander last night and I find it enjoyable, theres no one there that would really "tilt" or "piss me off" like normally to how I've found things off the island.

The thread is about implementing a storage system to the island and after been playing there for about up to level 15, players that have smuggled items over wouldn't be 'deemed' a smuggler but a transfer-er.

I've learned that there were different "Island-jobs" called Hybrid, Dexlander, Strlander, Perfectlander, Magelander, Luklander.

Since my offlander main is a Night Lord the reasons to me loving this job were RANGE<3, Stars, Haste(both jobs), Flash Jump, Shadow Partner, and just loved the mechanics towards the stat that LUK gave.

so back to onlanders.. (smh idk the real terms so I'm say-) islanders are able to go "Luklander" and equip a Magical Mitten in order to use stars/arrows?

So having a storage would bring back, the islanders' interesting jobs called Perfectlander, Magelander a..and L-Luklander OnionLove *a-ahem* s-sorry.. from a HAIYAA to a FUIYOH moment when these items would be obtainable via storage keeper, although I do still enjoy playing my Hybridlander atm.

For those that don't understand Haiyaa and Fuiyoh

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. zeroxlr

zeroxlr Windraider

Oct 11, 2020
    xxxxSnuggles
    Beginner, Camper, Islander
    As an islander, I think... most mob drops become obsolete before level 30 (3-4days worth of grinding).

If you're an item/equip collector like me whom likes to have 1 of each monster drop LOL it's do-able all within the first 1 week of grinding.
    -- I had to wait to max out my Equip and Etc inventories with my vote cash.

Since only white gomushins and gold surfboards are best drops, not many other equips can match that unless Super Snowboard (Anniversary Event equip) @ lvl50

Will take ~2-3months to get to level 50 anyways LOL not much meta breaking there.

-- 3 to 4days worth of grinding exp normally lvl1-30 @ 100-103% total spd :star:
    (half the time to level 30 is like... the xmas exp event to pump lvl1-30 in 1-2days fastest I've seen) SlimeXD

I didn't wear speed equips till level 25ish when I found my first +3spd gomushin
    A +2scrolled white gomushin @ +5spd can be made within the first 2-3weeks of grinding that's most likely around level25-40.

As an islander, I think... my main goals could be:

1. Grindfest - so I can zone out after school/work, when I "catch that flow"
    2. Chat
    3. Randomized Hair/Eye questing mob grindfest (until I get that cool "look")
    4. Fun/meme equips

All normal stat island mob equips can be found within 3-4 days of grinding, and max stat equips within 1-2 weeks of grinding.

The rate how fast someone chooses to grindfest exp/drops is all relative to what they enjoy to do.
    -- Lets just grind, chat, and be able to wear funky outfits! :heart:

Some Misc Vanilla Possibilities Below:
    1hit kill @ 80att (str/dex stats will be high enough to 1-2hit by lvl 25-30)
    1dmg @ 30def (armor equips drop everywhere)

For example at level 1 --> +10spd pet equip +20spd soccer weather = 130% total spd
    or

For example at level 1 --> +10spd pet equip +8spd potion (myo myo) = 118% total spd

Speed potion @ +8spd 3min 250mesos
    180 speed potions = 45k mesos = (180x3min=540min/60min= 9 hours active potion time)
    9hours / 3 hours per day of playing = 3 days worth of potions

Warrior potion @ +5attack 3min 250mesos = gives ~8min/max to att

-- can collect mob drops to earn +30k mesos per day (etc, potions, equips)
    -- 15 equips x ~2k mesos each = 30k mesos earned (some equips can sell for a lot at the NPC)

At level 8 --> Fruit Knife (faster 3) + Three Snails Skill
    At level 15 --> Gold Surfboard (fast 5)

I'm hoping that there's enough meta calculations and results here and in the previous posts, to prove that Storage would be okay to have.

Storage would be good:
    1. allow fun/meme equips! (meta unaffected)
    2. bring in and build a big/fresh islander community together!
    3. removes the need for "finger pointing"/snitching at anyone for "illegal gears"
    -- that would be sad to turn potential islanders away
    4. can still make fun stat builds like the Hybrid, Dexlander, Strlander, Perfectlander, Magelander, Luklander!

It would be great if having Storage could be more inviting, and have more people as islanders making random fun/meme characters to 1hit stuff and chat. :heart:

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Great Work Great Work x 2
  5. Lesbian

Lesbian Slime

Jan 30, 2018
    Male
    5:18 PM
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  6. Daydreamer

Daydreamer Headless Horseman

Jul 8, 2017
    Male
    I/L Arch Mage
    I thought the whole point of playing an Islander was that they were restricted to certain maps and items? What distinguishes an Islander from a normal perma-beginner if this change goes through?

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Chris

Jan 18, 2016
    Maple Island
    Christopher
    Islander
    Southperry
    We are on maple island :)

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. OP
    OP
    Salt

Salt Slimy

Apr 3, 2015
    Male
    Newbton, Salt
    Paladin
    Southperry
    You will still be restricted to certain maps, no bossing meaning no washing whatsoever is needed unless you wanna flex or something. Storage will just add more flavour, meaning you can look unqiue and feel different wearing whatever item you wanna use.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. Daydreamer

Jul 8, 2017
    Male
    I/L Arch Mage
    I don't have an Islander on this server anymore (I left the island lol) but I always felt like the main appeal of Maple Island was how people made do with the items available on the map. Anybody can grind Lith Harbor/HHG1 mobs on a perma-beginner, but what distinguished islander was using certain items and builds made necessary by limited resources on the island. Similarly, I took my islander to Victoria because I wanted to try out builds not possible on Maple Island. I feel like allowing any item on the island would negatively impact things in a significant way. Just my 2 cents though.

• Disagree Disagree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Chris

Jan 18, 2016
    Maple Island
    Christopher
    Islander
    Southperry
    You do realize that events have added a large amount of items to the island, and there have been custom islander quests to introduce non event items as well?

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. OP
    OP
    Salt

Salt Slimy

Apr 3, 2015
    Male
    Newbton, Salt
    Paladin
    Southperry
    Yeah a year or so ago I would've agreed, it was fun back in 2015 when everyone rushed to grind slimes for a "perfect" Surf Board etc. People don't do this anymore the playstyle has changed. Some people will still collect the items available on Maple Island just to collect everything, even with a storage. On perma beginners you still need to focus on getting some decent att on your wep/cape/gloves from scrolling, on an islander you do not need to think about this at all which is a major difference along with how much HP you got. Also a perma beginner can just leech to max level by a bishop.

• Like Like x 5
  12. Daydreamer

Jul 8, 2017
    Male
    I/L Arch Mage
    Yeah, but only certain items. Often these items are not particularly useful on a normal permabeginner as well, so there still is a meaningful difference. It's not a total free for all. The Xmas items were available on Maple Island on GMS back in the day too, if I recall correctly-- I remember having a few at least (as well as Maple Bandana).

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Daydreamer

Jul 8, 2017
    Male
    I/L Arch Mage
    The point about leeching is true. I feel this would devalue both Islanders and normal permabeginners. I think scrolling will become a lot more prevalent if this change goes through too... I suspect more than a few ppl will be using off-island mages to bring scrolls onto the island and so on ;)

• Like Like x 1
  14. Chris

Jan 18, 2016
    Maple Island
    Christopher
    Islander
    Southperry
    X-Mas events on GMS were not accessible to Islanders. The only reason why Islanders had those items were because of the MTS.

• Like Like x 2
  15. OP
    OP
    Salt

Salt Slimy

Apr 3, 2015
    Male
    Newbton, Salt
    Paladin
    Southperry
    Yeah?? There are no bosses or anything for an islander to use gear like a 15-20 att cape etc. I don't get how this ruin anything. Let people have fun with whatever gear they want to use. It shouldn't ruin your experience if you still wanna rock a surfboard in 2021.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  16. Selquin

Selquin Headless Horseman

May 28, 2018
    8:18 AM
    Serperior
    Bowmaster, Night Lord, Buccaneer
    Pasta
    I'm not sure if you guys are already aware of this, but until recently there was a method to duey any tradeble item to an islander. It was very simple in fact, you simply buy a quick delivery ticket from the cs which allowed you to open up the duey menu anywhere and indefinitely receive dueyed items from off the island. Obviously when people realized you could do this all sorts of items were dueyed onto the island, so at this point the exotic items are not limited to event items and old MTS artifacts.

• Like Like x 5
  17. Chris

Jan 18, 2016
    Maple Island
    Christopher
    Islander
    Southperry
    There have been many methods over the last few years. I don't think many people report them anymore because they see nothing has happened to Islanders who've had smuggled items for a long time now. When the island was a lot more active we reported a event back in 2018 for having the potential to leak smuggled items on island. The response to fixing it was very slow and a lot of islander felt like the staff was annoyed we even cared to report it, so I imagine most people just decide to benefit from it now.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Actually genuinely forgot about this one, and can confirm indeed that was also a way to get things to the island.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. DrJason

DrJason Windraider

May 30, 2018
    Male
    Canada
    DrJason, Zrar, WhyDaggers
    Islander, F/P Arch Mage
    Oddjobs
    I agree that the prevalence of smuggled items nullifies the "purity/vanilla" argument against a storage NPC. I've been an islander here for 2.5 years and could go either way on this.

• Like Like x 4
  20. Voxtagrams

Voxtagrams Headless Horseman

Jun 13, 2020
    Would that be considered "vote to win" for an islander?
    Vote for NX get Duey item over to the island, I think an actual NPC storage would be best.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.