1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Storage on Maple Island

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Salt, Jan 6, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chris

Chris Zakum Retired Staff

Jan 18, 2016
    Maple Island
    7:35 AM
    Christopher
    Islander
    Southperry
    Idk why I stay on Maple Island, I just personally like it & the people I've met there. But items has always been the #1 thing that has mattered to me. Before I started to heavily play Islander I did nothing but hene hoe. Majority of hene hoeing for me was changing my character's look and collecting cool items, which are the values I took with me when I started playing Islanders.

I don't think this is where other Islander's have come from though.

• Like Like x 3
  2. kitsunychang

kitsunychang Horny Mushroom

Feb 26, 2018
    Female
    Dangerous Forest, Rainbow Street
    KitsunyChang
    Islander
    Southperry
    I myself never made it over level 80 before I started islanding. I know about hene hoeing though. I really envied those people back in the day a lot and tried to be like them but I couldn't. I just wasn't very smart with mesos back then. I came to mapleroyals several years later and got to sort of feel like a good sin. But, I realized I just wanted to kill mobs and I remembered my old friend talking about the island so I started whacking snails all alone before I met Crimsonclaw.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. zeroxlr

zeroxlr Windraider

Oct 11, 2020
    4:35 AM
    xxxxSnuggles
    Beginner, Camper, Islander
    Lets face it:
    - - lots of smuggling so much so that... no one gets banned
    - - GMS had smuggling to island (it was part of the game/program code by that point and off-island items were ALLOWED by 2008, we're pre-big bang server! big bang happened in 2010)
    - - GMS created "Return to Maple Island Skill" (sometime between 2019-2020 --> 2018 article saying not able to return to maple island) https://www.giantbomb.com/maplestory/3030-21958/

If we're talking about just mindlessly killing mobs... does it matter what clothes to wear or none at all?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2006 for reference below:

https://gamebanana.com/tuts/5321

Author. OresPlz is on Bera, as a 1 handed swordsman. Contact me at binomine AT gmail. Or via GoogleTalk with the same name if you have important corrections or suggestions to this guide, I always accept meaningful criticism. Remember, every minute Neckson spends patching hacks is one less minute they have to add new content. Version 3.05 - 4/16/07 Version 3.00 - 9/15/06 Version 2.00 - 6/12/06 Version 1.01a - 5/28/06 Version 1.0 - 5/18/06

There's actually 3 kinds of players on Maple Island:

1. Islander
    2. Snail Crusher
    3. Pros. Islanders
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.basilmarket.com/Make-your-own-5th-job-name-Thread-boGyv-4
    https://global.hidden-street.net/sites/global.hidden-street.net/files/guides/beginner_001.txt
    https://forums.mapletip.com/index.php?/topic/120166-a-bright-new-day-for-maplestory-d/
    http://www.basilmarket.com/Level-30-islander-d-Screen-bbKwY

This is the main point, people can be Islander "vanilla"... or they can be Snail Crushers... or Pro Islander whom want to get BUFF or max out their stats.

Nostalgia Islanding has a humble beginning, that has been different to each person that had played back in the day... like when Maplestory started in 2003.

So people who have not played back in day is wondering why there's a push for Storage... because its the best compromise to get to that nostalgic feel for people who played very very early on as an Islander.

Since "back in the day" ...islanders had a lot more flexibility especially on GMS whether or not they chose to use the available knowledge to their disposal or not.

2008 for reference below:
    https://forums.mapletip.com/index.php?/topic/120166-a-bright-new-day-for-maplestory-d/

This was from an original poster that started from 2003, BEFORE maplestory opened to the public.

Everyone since the start of maplestory said they use whatever equips they can get their hands on. So Why Not Storage??

They had: blue bamboo hat, blue sauna robe (scrolled), blue white bottom shoes (scrolled), fishy spear, raggedy cape (scrolled), work glove +1 att

upload_2021-1-10_16-57-12.png

OnionListen

Storage is a good compromise for Nostalgia better than "Return to Maple Island Skill,"
    - - 1hit kill of mobs still, by keeping multi-kill skilled jobs out of Maple Island.

OnionCry storage :heart:

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Voxtagrams

Voxtagrams Headless Horseman

Jun 13, 2020

• Like Like x 1
  5. kitsunychang

Feb 26, 2018
    Female
    KitsunyChang
    Islander
    Southperry
    I don't understand your point. Just because people used whatever they could get their hands on(smuggled items) doesn't mean we should be allowed to import exotic items.

• Like Like x 1
  6. zeroxlr

zeroxlr Windraider

Oct 11, 2020
    xxxxSnuggles
    That's the point, no one has to get there hands on items "illegal/smuggled" or not... and why block other people's nostalgia?

But the thing is... "illegal/smuggled" items are actually LEGAL by MapleStory 2003-2021 standards.

upload_2021-1-10_17-36-0.png

Off-island items was allowed from the start of MapleStory, especially Pre-Big Bang 2003-2010.

Aren't we in a Pre-Big Bang nostalgia server?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. Chris

Jan 18, 2016
    Maple Island
    Christopher
    Islander
    Southperry
    Don't events and the custom islander quests just introduce exotic items to the island? When I made it I could have just simply pushed for/requested any bias item I might have wanted without regard to the rest of the community.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  8. kitsunychang

Feb 26, 2018
    Female
    KitsunyChang
    Islander
    Southperry
    your comprehension must be lacking because I acknowledged that events give people non-vanilla items

• Like Like x 1
  9. Chris

Jan 18, 2016
    Maple Island
    Christopher
    Islander
    Southperry
    So whats the difference between if I obtain x item from an event or x item from storage. Can't just spawn items out of thin air? You either buy them with mesos you worked to get or obtain them from wherever they come from.

If I get x amount of gachapon tickets with my islander, xfer them to another character to use them, and xfer it back to maple island or sell & buy something more useful, what is the difference?

The most OP hat for Islanders was part of an event where it costed 1 of the event currency, it was the closest thing to a freebee. Not to mention Legends's events are highly RNG most of the time that all depend on luck.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  10. kitsunychang

Feb 26, 2018
    Female
    KitsunyChang
    Islander
    Southperry
    The difference is it doesn't have to be gachapon earned as an islander and it doesn't even need to be a gachapon item/profit in the first place.

• Like Like x 1
  11. kitsunychang

Feb 26, 2018
    Female
    KitsunyChang
    Islander
    Southperry
    as if this game doesn't revolve around rng

• Like Like x 1
  12. zeroxlr

zeroxlr Windraider

Oct 11, 2020
    xxxxSnuggles
    MTS (maple trading system) came out in v53

This legally allowed for Islander to have off-island items.

We are a v62 server, and should arguably be able to acquire off-island items LEGALLY, for nostalgia sake.

But, the Free Market button was changed to warp instead.

Taking away what was originally supposed to be part of Islanders' ability to get off-island items.

Islanders as of v62 are supposed to be able to get off-island items.

Unless we're to roll back to v52

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. kitsunychang

Feb 26, 2018
    Female
    KitsunyChang
    Islander
    Southperry
    Weird how the maple trading system hasn't been in maplelegends since it came out huh? Probably because it wasn't intended for the server.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Chris

Jan 18, 2016
    Maple Island
    Christopher
    Islander
    Southperry
    I guess we equate things differently, as I don't personally hold any value if something was obtained through islander means, as you pretty much just had to be there to get the items.

• Like Like x 1
  15. kitsunychang

Feb 26, 2018
    Female
    KitsunyChang
    Islander
    Southperry
    That's the whole point to me really

• Like Like x 1
  16. kitsunychang

Feb 26, 2018
    Female
    KitsunyChang
    Islander
    Southperry
    But it's not actually like that for most of the items. Most of them are tradable except the mittens and fork.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Chris

Jan 18, 2016
    Maple Island
    Christopher
    Islander
    Southperry
    And this is why we think storage is a good solution for the Island. As a lot of the time, gear that has been good for islanders doesn't return. Events are constantly changing year by year for Legends with no guarantee that there will be Islander participation. Staff is constantly changing and the people who design the events each year change. There is no guarantee that a suggestion thread for each event will fix everything, and quite frankly the constant suggestion threads are annoying to keep up with. Events won't always we implemented with Islanders in mind as our community itself is utter shit when it comes to activeness, nor are we going to be able to grow an active community if nothing is ever available to newcomers.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. kitsunychang

Feb 26, 2018
    Female
    KitsunyChang
    Islander
    Southperry
    Okay but who's to say if an even better item for islanders will get released in a future event that once again will never return?

• Like Like x 1
  19. Chris

Jan 18, 2016
    Maple Island
    Christopher
    Islander
    Southperry
    If you look in the lib there aren't better items for a lot of equipment slots (Maple Cape, 3rd Anni Hat, White Mouse Kit) that would get introduced in an event. There are a lot of items that are comparable and would be readily available to people without having to wait months, a year, or years for some items years with a storage. In addition the items will provide motivation to achieve higher levels rather than to play around an event (IF the event if even good for an Islander).

• Like Like x 1
  20. kitsunychang

Feb 26, 2018
    Female
    KitsunyChang
    Islander
    Southperry
    I don't even use my 3rd anni hat, I think those kinds of stats are broken for islanders. Also, I don't think waiting a year or more for an item is unreasonable for us. It's just an item, a character is forever. The motivation thing only goes so far really. Once you get over level 40 or 50 or so it gets reaaaally slow.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.