1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Suggest: lower down the LUK req for most Mage gear

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by oredbean, Jun 30, 2023.

Should we give some benefits to LUK Mage?

1. Yes

44.0%
  2. Not necessary

48.0%
  3. Doesn't matter

8.0%
  1. oredbean

oredbean Snail

Jun 30, 2023
    7:49 AM
    Oredbean
    Cleric, Beginner
    I am a LUX mage, even though I know it is not a wise choice. The damage of a LUX mage is much lower than a LUKless mage, and the M.Def and Def from regular mage gears are relatively useless due to the game design. I heard that 99% of magicians in this server are LUKless.

However, to me, the various mage gears are really worth exploring in this game. I think it is a waste of different beautiful designs of mage gear if I have to wear a bathrobe all the time.

Is there any way to mitigate this problem? For example, could the LUX requirement for most mage gears be lowered as the title suggests, so that a LUX mage could get some benefits? This would encourage more people like me to choose this path, which would definitely increase the diversity of this game server.

Thanks all!

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. Daydreamer

Daydreamer Headless Horseman

Jul 8, 2017
    Male
    4:49 PM
    I/L Arch Mage
    LUK mage damage is not much worse. It is something like 5% worse in most cases, and for mage the most important thing is one-shotting specific mobs. Any mob that LUKless can one shot, LUK mage can one-shot in 5 levels more or less. LUK mage also get access to much cheaper scrolls and some very good endgame gear from Pink Bean. Def does matter quite a bit as well... over time it saves a lot of money from grinding, as does the avoid.

Personally I do not think LUK mage needs a buff. Only changes I would make is lower LUK required for the final tier of elemental staves to 120 and maybe give mages a better luk:avoid ratio.

The reason people go LUKless has little to do with the viability of LUK mage and more to do with the value of INT-scrolled common gear for washing. Mage gear doesn't hold its value as well and Timeless equips can't even be sold. Furthermore, many mage players are only interested in farming Ulu2 or Skeles and don't go to high enough level to really benefit from LUK. Reducing LUK requirements won't change these things.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2023
  3. Lucidcat

Lucidcat Mixed Golem

May 14, 2021
    8:49 AM
    change mage MP increment factor INT/10 into INT^0.8*LUK^0.2*1.65/10

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    8:49 PM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    I think is much work to do only for mage, since its too op if alloweed for every job

5. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    8:49 PM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    i like this suggestion in geral, especialy since alot of luk gears drop from mobs and most lukless is only for gacha

6. Krythan

Krythan Nightshadow

Sep 2, 2022
    7:49 PM
    Krythan
    Bishop
    Reset
    It would be interesting to lower some of the luk requirements.

This might be a bonus to LUKless mages as they may get access to more options!

There could be an interesting mechanic here. I personally enjoy the meta challenge that many attackers have when selecting their gear, having to balance for primary attack vs. secondary stat in order to equip their best weapons.

7. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    1:49 AM
    So many I keep forgetting
    Isn't this already the case for LUK mages in the present situation? LUK mages (while ludicrously expensive) do have to go through this exact process. Maybe even more than other attackers do.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Daydreamer

Daydreamer Headless Horseman

Jul 8, 2017
    Male
    4:49 PM
    I/L Arch Mage
    It's already the case that LUK gear provides higher TMA (if you pour funds into it), cheaper initial costs than LUKless in a lot of cases (ie shoes, gloves, shield), a nice cheap off-meta path with scrolling OA/cape for LUK, and good def/avoid. People just don't know about how LUK mage works on this server.

9. Raso

Raso Slimy Retired Staff

Jul 2, 2017
    Female
    1:49 AM
    Noctua
    Shadower
    Perion
    Could also make LUK a requirement for the elemental wands, instead of lowering LUK for everything that was intended to be normal. Makes it more in line with other class weapons too (except for warriors, who dont require dex for part of their weapons for god knows why).

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1