1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

The Washing-is-doable-Journal

Discussion in 'MapleLegends Journeys' started by Ainz, Apr 23, 2021.

1. Teaddict

Teaddict Mushmom

Jan 17, 2020
    Female
    10:22 AM
    Kamairi
    Hero
    Maintenance discord <3

Looking forward to see you continue your MARKSMAN Ainz!!

• Funny Funny x 4
  2. OP
    OP
    Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    So many I keep forgetting
    [​IMG]

After much ridicule from friends, the time has come to at least prepare a small update.
    I will be traveling a lot over the coming weeks and idk how often I'll have time to work on this character, but this journal is by no means an abandoned project!
    [​IMG]

I said I was going to continue the journal as a sin, so all that is left to be done now is to get this guy to whatever level my MM was at, transfer whatever the marksman had in terms of gear, and continue from there on out.
    I'm very closely following the AP path that I had on my MM to make sure that I don't magically get this guy turbo washed behind the scenes. However, I will be leveling it in whatever way feels convenient for me.

"But Ainz, isn't that cheating?"
    Well, no. I have previously demonstrated in the journal how to do level a ranged character with base int. Given that this journal was always intended to be an educational project, I feel like there would be no benefit in redoing the exact same steps on a different face.

Additionally, the character won't gain any sneaky benefits. Even if I were to leech it from 10-43, I'd keep the AP the exact same as on my MM (except dex will go into luk) and, as a result, my MM and my sin are going to have the exact same (excess) mp.
    Financially speaking, I will empty out the inventory of this char when it reaches 43 and transfer all the stuff from my MM over.
    The crossbows will be sold and a maple claw will be bought in the same price range.

Lastly, this character was made on a fresh account and thus has 0 NX. In that sense, I'm actually handicapping myself in comparison to just continuing on the MM account.
    By doing so, I can virtually guarantee that following my MM 1-43 and my sin 43-??? should have the same result as what I end up with.

Lastly, a small highlight from leveling 1-10.
    Getting my first ever lucky island roll
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 6
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    Hype! Looking forward to find out whether or not washing is doable after all.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  4. Teaddict

Teaddict Mushmom

Jan 17, 2020
    Female
    Kamairi
    Hero
    So disappointed in you Ainz, giving up on your POOR POOR marksman. For shame! :') I jest, but would have loved seeing you continue that character in this journal! :heart:

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Healer

Healer Windraider

Apr 26, 2015
    Male
    11:22 AM
    Is this somehow like Floris journal? Will this poor character ever reach level 70? :nailbiting:

• Like Like x 2
  6. OP
    OP
    Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    Don't you worry! It definitely will :)

Update:
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Going through the levels pretty quickly, afraid I won't have much time after tonight so I'll have to see when the next big update happens.
    Looking forward to properly continuing the journal after <insert whatever level MM was>

• Great Work Great Work x 3
  7. OP
    OP
    Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    Small update:

Didn't quite feel like getting the char all the way to 43, but did feel like playing some maple, so here's the result of a very brief investment of my time.
    [​IMG]
    After I had grinded myself, FishyFishy (sorry I don't know your forum handle OnionSpark) stepped up to the plate and offered me 27 Arwen's Glass Shoe to avoid having to put up with the absolute pain that is leech sellers. This was enough to get me from 25 straight to 30 and here we are now!

[​IMG]
    Note to future self: Check amount of stars before going into 2nd job adv map, I had ~50 stars left when I finished.
    [​IMG]
    In case people are feeling nitpicky, I followed my Marksman's AP path as closely as possible and avoided using any int gear. The resulting MP/available washes should be perfectly identical to what my marksman has.
    ((((i actually tried to follow the ap path so closely that i mistakenly spent 5 ap on dex instead of luk, oops)))))

• Like Like x 4
  8. Hiyo

Hiyo Headless Horseman Retired Staff

Sep 21, 2016
    Kuwait
    Hiyo
    Camper
    So, hair and face change when?

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. OP
    OP
    Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    Small update

Hi guys,

I know the past updates haven't really been any huge steps and I promise I'm still working on the character, but I'm also working on like 37 other characters so it's taking some time. As of right now, my motivation is kind of low because I'm not actively journaling what I'm doing, so it's just a little tedious work until I hit 43.
    Did 30-35 today, will try to get the last levels done over the next 3 days :)
    [​IMG]

Never, I'm staying default face and hair as long as I can, just because you left that comment.

Edit: One thing I did definitely want to mention is that I'm very very stoked to see RegalStarRegalStar and faelfael also pick up their own washing journals. Show these guys some love! (Show RegalStar a little less love because he threw shade in his first post)

• Like Like x 6
  10. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    4:22 PM
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active

Wait so, were you wrong all this time?

• Great Work Great Work x 1
  11. OP
    OP
    Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    Blame Hiyo

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  12. Hiyo

Hiyo Headless Horseman Retired Staff

Sep 21, 2016
    Kuwait
    Hiyo
    Camper
    [​IMG]

My disappointment reached levels I never thought were possible.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  13. OP
    OP
    Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    So will my journal char :^}

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. Chris

Chris Zakum Retired Staff

Jan 18, 2016
    Maple Island
    4:22 AM
    Christopher
    Islander
    Southperry
    hello , i'm new to server and was discouraged by the hp washing mechanic but i started following ainz's journal. unfortunately, he seems to have abandoned the project. was this because of hp wash? is there no hope for playing game without washing?

• Friendly Friendly x 5
    • Creative Creative x 1
  15. GooBeR

GooBeR Master Chronos

Aug 29, 2021
    1:22 AM

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1