1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

What is the worst class?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Selquin, Oct 16, 2021.

What is the worst class?

1. Hero

33.3%
  2. DK

8.1%
  3. Paladin

17.2%
  4. Shadower

12.4%
  5. I/L

4.8%
  6. F/P

5.1%
  7. Bishop

3.2%
  8. Corsair

3.8%
  9. Bucc

2.4%
  10. BM

2.4%
  11. MM

3.0%
  12. NL

4.3%
  1. Selquin

Selquin Headless Horseman

May 28, 2018
    7:25 AM
    Serperior
    Bowmaster, Night Lord, Buccaneer
    Pasta
    [​IMG]

However you want to interpret "worst", what is the currently the worst class in the game?

To get a sample from the endgame community, I surveyed some people from my guild and 8teen man PB squad. Here are the results,

[​IMG]

There was a time when almost everyone would have voted MM or bucc, but times have changed and I imagine the results of the poll will be quite different now.

• Friendly Friendly x 16
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Floris

Floris Capt. Latanica

May 27, 2020
    Male
    3:25 PM
    Why would hero be so much worse than drk and pally?
    As it seems to me:
    Paladins do meh dpm at HT and meh at PB, while having the advantage of easier grindring with HH
    DrK do the worst DPM at PB while having the advantage of HB
    Hero does better cleave than the other two classes as CWK/HT and okay at PB

definitely not sure if thats correct but please enlighten me :)

3. OP
    OP
    Selquin

May 28, 2018
    Serperior
    Pasta
    The order of hero/pally/dk is probably debatable, but to make the case for hero being the worst.
    -hero and pally are about the same at PB (both mediocre). DK is the worst dpm wise, but hb gives them some niche to at least be muled
    -hero is about equal to DK in cwkpq, which is off meta content
    -pally is significantly better at the other two at NT
    -all 3 are actually roughly equal in HT

The main argument is probably that dk and pally at least have some sort of niche, while heros are simply mediocre at everything.

4. Gurk

Gurk Nightshadow

Mar 9, 2020
    Male
    6:25 AM
    Gxrk
    Hero, Bishop, Marksman, Shadower, Buccaneer, Corsair
    Contrary to popular belief, pallies actually do better single target damage than archers and sairs in HT, making them second only to NLs.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. OP
    OP
    Selquin

May 28, 2018
    Serperior
    Pasta
    I think that statement might be questionable, maybe if you remove the "single target" part and restrict it to HT body.

6. Gurk

Gurk Nightshadow

Mar 9, 2020
    Male
    Gxrk
    I guess I wasn't thinking about preheads but kakine has put up 8.4-8.6m figures without any cleaving, which is far above any archers and sairs afaik.

7. OP
    OP
    Selquin

May 28, 2018
    Serperior
    Pasta
    I think kakine still uses HH off cd, which even in its nerfed form will add a decent chunk. Also I think akash has done 8.7m dpm on cider before, but accounting for gear differential its about the same. Another thing to keep in mind is that compared to pally corsairs/BMs can get more damage on the mid head, whereas pally is forced to hit wing when right head cancels(if they are on right side).

That said I do agree that paladins will typically do more damage taking into account the difficulty of acheiving optimal dpm on mm/bm/sair.

8. Prudence55

Prudence55 Stone Golem

May 16, 2020
    Male
    8:25 AM
    Poignant
    Bishop
    WeeniesHutJr
  9. Gurk

Gurk Nightshadow

Mar 9, 2020
    Male
    Gxrk
    iirc from our runs, kaki didn't use hammer because he said it wasn't worth it for him. he would also start right side and would go to hit mid head whenever right head cancelled.

that being said, I didn't realize sairs could put up that high of a number so I stand corrected with respect to sairs in that statement. mainly just meant to say that pallies are nowhere near as bad as people would like to think they are right now.

10. Dimez

Dimez Stone Golem

Apr 6, 2020
    Male
    9:25 AM
    Crimez/Dimez/Jake
    Paladin
    Pasta
    Hero's are overall the worst class if you weigh what they bring to the table in terms of buffs and DPM. On the contrary, with 1 hour and 30 minute Pink Bean timer and how figured out the boss is, you can probably bring 14-17 hero's and still clear the end game boss.
    Ive always thought a proper way to buff hero's to help them adapt to modern day legends DPM, is to treat Panic sword and Panic Axe like Snipe for MarksMen. If Panic Sword and Panic Axe was a free damage attack with a cool down that didn't get rid of a Hero's Orbs, it would help hero's a ton. Doing this would also make Axe Hero's a bit more relevant because they would have some free damage to help them.
    Screenshot 2021-10-15 223755.png

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Creative Creative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  11. Jaewonnie

Jaewonnie Capt. Latanica

Apr 21, 2020
    Crimsonwood Mountain: Cavern of Pain
    PAWGChamp
    Buccaneer
    Heroes are bad because they offer nothing but cleave. They can do shitton of dmg when there is cleave. However, game currently doesn't have much cleave. So heroes are bad rn. Either add utility to hero or add more cleave to game.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Chris

Chris Zakum Retired Staff

Jan 18, 2016
    Maple Island
    Christopher
    Islander
    Southperry
    I had a hero once. Never again.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  13. TWW

TWW Pink Teddy

Dec 12, 2020
    Male
    Cleaveland
    TheWhiteWolf
    Hero
    Misfits
    Yes...yes...heroes are terrible...now buff us them some more OnionF3

• Like Like x 1
  14. BananaPie

BananaPie Selkie Jr.

Dec 22, 2019
    Male
    2:25 PM
    Let me just step in and provide a bit more flavour on this. A paladin can do whatever you want it to which allows it to adapt to different squad compositions. When I ran with Gurk we ran with the holy 3MM squad so there's significant cleave damage already arising when right head is cancelled as the meta MM play is to PA wings/arm when RH is cancelled. If you, the pally, goes cleave wings/arm then there's far too much cleave so the optimal strat is to poke mid head from the highest mini rock on the right (which is what I do). Conversely if you're in a squad with a BM and at least 2 other NL's you'd be better off probably going down to wings/arms to cleave rather than focus heads (depending on how strong your bishop is) - but wings/arms would be best given there's a lot of head dmg already so that you can ensure wings/arms aren't too fat when heads go down

15. Kyshies

Kyshies Slimy

Mar 13, 2020
    Elliy
    F/P Arch Mage
    Night Lord pretty bad too unless you literally level another 129 char to lug around for SE.

Unless, of course, you like being dependent on others.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. SaltySalty

SaltySalty Mano

Jun 7, 2021
    9:25 PM
    Warrior
    100k boss damage to bosses for heaven hammer please :")

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    This post has inspired me to create a hero and a pally

• Like x 5
    • Great Work x 3
    • Agree x 2
    • Friendly x 1
    • Creative x 1
  18. Motto

Motto Skelegon

Jun 30, 2018
    Male
    Mars
    PogShad Motto
    Islander
    Same I removed it after getting to lvl 123, I just understood it was all going to be a cesspool.

(plus I beta tested it on another server to check how it was, and boy oh boy I was not happy with it)

• Like Like x 2
  19. iPippy

iPippy Nightshadow

May 19, 2019
    Male
    iPippy
    I would say the issue with hero is that it could be outright removed from the game without really impacting the meta. The way a hero can shine is in a 2 to 3-cleave environment, specifically. But this is exactly what dk does at a very similar level, albeit at the cost of an effectively gimped hp pool and use of 20 different types of potions to zerk.

It would take a 3-cleave scenario where zerking is practically impossible to make hero outweigh dk in terms of damage. More than 3 and other classes can make up some ground such as mage, MM, sair. That's a huge ask in a metagame where virtually all cleaving bossing scenarios aren't too impactful. Bossing is heavily single target (ranged) focused, and mobbing is heavily ult (maged) focused.

CWK is probably the best place for boss cleaving, but that is generally not considered an endgame, and DK can fill that exact same role too. Scarga might very well be number 2, as you can pile both bosses on top of each other and put them through the brandish meat grinder until they die. While not impossible to zerk, hero would do it more efficiently. Of course, such a strategy gets in the way of any non-hero/dk targeting during cancels, severely limiting who it can pair with (even sair would struggle targeting the proper boss and generally has better strategies to maintain boat uptime). Add in the fact that the usual ranged and pally can still nuke them both separately even if scarga were endgame relevant, and any cleaving "edge" is whittled away.

Cleaving in HT is heavily discouraged by most every squad now. The reward for killing an arm early is not worth the accompanied risk, and the available wing/arm damage is already "claimed" by both the bishop and ranged chars, who need something to hit during head cancels. The available cleaving time is highly contested though, and only shrinks with the strength of the bishop. DK and shad both fill this role; shad provides a sed option and smoke, while dk provides hb to either classes that need it, or at least a lessened pot cost to any non-30k class that doesnt expressly require hb.

Pink Bean obviously is not cleave friendly. While not impossible to complete a run with a hero, it appears to be worth just slightly over half an NL. While that's more a testament on how broken NL is, it does pretty much mean all but the most decked out and connected heroes are locked out of 8TEEN man bean runs, with multiple squads compressing raid slots with basically only NL and NL-supporting cast. At least they compare more favorably to other classes? While they actually aren't dead weight in a 30 man setting and even outperform dk counterparts due to difficulty zerking, they still suffer from having less raw damage, less opportunity to do damage (#JusticeForRightBird), and are still more likely to die than most classes due to attacking and covering up the 20k+ damage beatstick that is bean itself. DK is brought to even 8TEEN man bean *because* of hb, but once that is no longer required as washing catches up those slots aren't suddenly going to hero.

Tl;Dr Hero and DK both fill the same roles in almost all content, but dk support is massively better than hero support, extending its viability (at least currently) beyond a nigh irrelevant cleave. If hero did not exist, DK could entirely fill the gap hero would leave and vice versa when washing makes everyone 30k. A game with both is redundant, but dk does slightly more.

• Like Like x 5
    • Great Work Great Work x 4
    • Informative Informative x 3
  20. Loug

Loug Horny Mushroom

Apr 21, 2020
    Male
    10:25 AM
    Loug
    Paladin, Bishop, Marksman, Buccaneer, Corsair
    I wanted to make a hero for cwk and the occasional ToT farming, but considering they have pretty much the same boofs as paladins I stayed on the fence, now thanks to this post I'll just make a nostalgia dk instead.