1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

keep the server hp wash optional

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Lidas, Feb 25, 2019.

Agree?

1. Yes

33 vote(s)
    76.7%
  2. No

10 vote(s)
    23.3%
  1. Lidas

Lidas Mixed Golem

Sep 14, 2017
    Male
    7:11 AM
    Lidas
    Bowmaster
    as far as i know pink bean need 8.2k hp.
    NL/archers/pirates (classes that need hp wash the most) got around 5.5k hp at level 200.
    we get +1000 from monster book ring.
    and +1000 from equips.
    for total of 7.5k hp (or even less). so at current state we short 700 hp.(level 200)

we dont want to give too much hp at low level. so the game wont be easy.
    my suggestion is around lvl 180 quest to get item with hp.(i have an idea for the quest but first lets see if you want it).

hp wash will still be good that way. there are lower lvl bosses that need alot of hp too.

question for staff: will the server stay "hp wash optional" after pb release? maybe there is alredy plans for it?

• Like Like x 4
  2. Midnight

Midnight Skelegon

Jan 2, 2015
    12:11 AM
    Midnight/TheMorrigan
    Dragon Knight, Assassin
    WeenieHutJrs
  3. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    9:11 PM
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    Actually, archer/thief get just over 4800 hp without washing by lv 200.

Gunslingers fair slightly better with just over 5.3k. So if you wanted to keep hp washing 100% optional, you would need to get like over 3k hp from equips and be lv 200.

4. OP
    OP
    Lidas

Lidas Mixed Golem

Sep 14, 2017
    Male
    Lidas
    Bowmaster
    Thats 8.2k before hb.

anyway i will give my idea for the quest too.
    after you get tier 10 ring and good amount of quests you can start the quest line.(to show you realy play the game).
    the npc take the ring and the quests are to kill bosses with time limit(to make it harder).
    you must kill the bosses alone.(checked with party of 1,and exp gained) no teleport to maps. and no buff potion(maybe the npc can give a buff ).
    to make it harder, if you fail 1 it will reset the quest line.
    after you done you get the new better ring.

another idea is crafting ring. after you craft 100 different equips..

now that i think about it maybe the ring/item should be at lvl 150-160. to let ppl enjoy end game content for more levels.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2019
  5. Hyoon

Hyoon Zakum Retired Staff

Dec 1, 2015
    This is pretty much once again everyone panicking with the tease of PB being released.

Don't sweat it this early, the balancing is still being worked on.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Precel

Precel Zakum Retired Staff

Nov 13, 2018
    Male
    Precel
    Priest
    Spirit
    This sounds oddly close to the current KMS situation with black mage reward. The weapon from black mage has quests to kill bosses with strict limits on items, and each boss will make the weapon better.

Not a big fan of the idea since some classes will have very easy time doing the quest while others won't, and seems too custom.

7. OP
    OP
    Lidas

Lidas Mixed Golem

Sep 14, 2017
    Male
    Lidas
    Bowmaster
    ok but will the server always be optional hp washing?
    because if not i need to stop my progress and get votenx.

different classes got different pros and cons.
    if you mean dps-change time limit. if you mean low hp- thats the point, to make it hard. you need wash or good hp items.

if you are talking about mages- they have easy time on the monsterbook. so i think its fair.

8. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    The team is working on pink bean and I'm sure they don't have all the balancing and details figured out yet - since its a work in progress.

Since you are worried (rightfully so) that you might not have HP washed enough to do pink bean, why not just start pooling vote nx on a second account to HP wash with?

Then, you can keep up with your progress and get vote nx.

9. OP
    OP
    Lidas

Lidas Mixed Golem

Sep 14, 2017
    Male
    Lidas
    Bowmaster
    But why not just say yes/no/or we dont know yet?

And i didnt realy get what you mean. You cant trade nx/ap resets.
    Rn i neet to reset to int. Then lvl up alot with high base int. And reset all back.
    Archer btw.

10. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    Ah ok that makes sense if you are trying to save your current character instead of remake.

11. Sarina

Sarina Brown Teddy

Feb 28, 2018
    Female
    Sarina
    8.2k? Lol! on GMS soloing pink bean with a NL required at least 18k HP. I think you wont even make it past the statues with 8.2k HP
    You will need somewhere around 12k base HP to have around 18k ~ 19k hp with Hyper Body.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. OP
    OP
    Lidas

Lidas Mixed Golem

Sep 14, 2017
    Male
    Lidas
    Bowmaster
    Depends on how many ap resets i get from the event. I need around 4 month of voting.
    Remember they can nerf it.

I just dont get why they dont answer.
    Maybe they want hp wash. But they dont want to say it to keep the status for now.

13. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    I would just hp wash via resetting into INT. Even if they do nerf Pink bean, extra MP on a BM is always nice.

14. Sarina

Sarina Brown Teddy

Feb 28, 2018
    Female
    Sarina

• Informative Informative x 2
  15. redblueblur

redblueblur Mr. Anchor

Dec 18, 2017
    Male
    12:11 PM
    Z00M
    Beginner
    Well someone has asked before if they could reduce nx required per ap reset coupon, meaning reducing the current 3,100 nx for 1 ap reset and it was just simply closed on suggestion tab without any explanation.

Maybe yall can propose some alternatives and see how much workable parameters the admins are able to work with:
    1) Reduce NX required per AP reset (already asked but no reason as to why it's not taken into consideration)
    2) Use X amt of Vote nx to wipe all AP from stats (example: 200,000 nx for a full wipe of AP prev added into Str/Luk/Int/Dex/Hp/Mp)

Peeps who disagree, dont just simply push that button out of hate. Do state ur reason why yall disagree and let's see if it's reasonable or just outta hate.

Cheers.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2019
    • Disagree Disagree x 5
  16. Nrii

Nrii Brown Teddy

Aug 13, 2017
    Skele
    GuiltySymbol
    Bishop
    Influence
    People are already working on 18.7k, possibly even 30k hp nightlords.

While it is desirable to give low hp classes ways to raise their hp floor (+hp equips that you must EARN in game), it is ABSOLUTELY undesirable to encourage people down the unfun route of hp ceiling min-maxing (AP resets).

In-game +hp options encourage playing the game normally.
    ex) Monster book ring requires a substantial amount of in-game effort and exploration, CWKPQ equips and pet hp scrolls require interacting with the community.

Out-of-game +hp (AP resets) encourages the opposite playstyle: Not playing the game; BishopStory; INT pumping.

In effect, the more we can push people away from AP resets, the happier everyone will be.
    The casual player who has never heard of HP washing won't have to stress about a "gimped" character that can't do all bosses.
    The tryhard player who is okay with waiting months to years for unbelievable amounts of nx in order to make a high-hp character can do so.

The title of the post is "keep the server hp wash optional".
    And while not everyone agrees to what extent "hp wash optional" should mean, I think more or less everyone has a positive sentiment over the direction the server has been going.

Cheaper AP resets or an "AP wipe" buyable would be immensely counter-productive.
    If I wanted to play a server where 30k hp is a norm, i'd off playing [Other big server]

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. OP
    OP
    Lidas

Lidas Mixed Golem

Sep 14, 2017
    Male
    Lidas
    Bowmaster
    200,000 nx to reset all might be good. especially when not everyone can vote every day. and its very hard to get ap resets in game. it will just help people who need to fix thier hp washing(like me)
    i dont see how people can exploit it. maybe someone can explain.?

anyway i think it should be hard to get high hp. like nrii said.
    if every NL can get easy hp there is no reason to add other classes to their party.
    overall i think hp washing should be cancled for balance between classes, but it wont change anway so nvm.

*still waiting for answer from admins: do you want the server to be optional?

Last edited: Mar 3, 2019
  18. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    Its very exploitable. If this 200k nx thing exists, I can literally pump ONLY INT while self leeching an end game attacker from 0 to 120, and then pay a mere 200k nx to turn it into a playable character? Thats like I'm getting a ton of free ap resets, 200k nx is 64.5 ap resets, yet by using this on a 100% int attacker I am getting the same value as 600 ap resets.

It severely undermines other people's accomplishments who also HP washed paying more nx than me, but have less HP or spent a lot more nx to do so.

If you want more ap resets in the current state of the server, you gotta abuse events more via muling or purchase event nx off other players.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. Precel

Precel Zakum Retired Staff

Nov 13, 2018
    Male
    Precel
    Priest
    Spirit
    because it's very common and reasonable practice to not share some balancing changes when they are still in development.

We want to keep HP washing optional, not easier to HP wash. Reducing AP reset cost is gonna harm balance even more than HP ring over time, plus current balance is based on AP reset being 3100 nx. If they reduce price, they will have to look at other balancing changes too.

Plus, making all AP reset for 200k... Might as well ask them to give us 30k/30k. That item sounds easily abusable for someone to wash infinitely. That idea is so much worse than reducing AP reset price.

Also, I'm pressing disagree button simply because of your last line. I don't need to explain myself, even though I did, to disagree with you. It's not hate, it's criticism.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  20. redblueblur

redblueblur Mr. Anchor

Dec 18, 2017
    Male
    12:11 PM
    Z00M
    Beginner
    With Vote2Win out of the equation and the possibility to just cap a one time per character, to what extent can individuals exploit the NX system.

Also if you have eyes, 200k nx is merely an example/illustration and calculations shld not be based on it.

Good points raised there about being too easy to attain HP goals. But then again, what is considered 'easy'?:
    1) Buying AP resets via merchant (no... we don't want this definitely)
    2) Shortening the time frame of voting for AP resets (not by half the time but maybe 1/4 the total time, sounds about right)

Also, i think we shld define what 'Optional' means in this thread, it can mean many things when left undefined.
    For example; ppl Joined the server to be a:
    1) FM hoe
    2) Semi-Bosser (maybe up till ht)
    3) Bosser (all bosses including toad + pb)

With the current '1 month long buff of Voting' from 5,000 to 6,000 per vote, i believe is the right/best move by the admins. In doing so, it'll temporary remove the barrier of AP Resets costs. With Vote2Win out of the equation now (gachapon removed), I believe will open the doors to the admins in terms of flexibility:
    1) Increasing NX awarded per vote (perm)
    2) More periodic increase of NX awarded per vote (seasonal)

Well if you could read...totally appreciate the criticism