1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

keep the server hp wash optional

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Lidas, Feb 25, 2019.

Agree?

1. Yes

33 vote(s)
    76.7%
  2. No

10 vote(s)
    23.3%
  1. Precel

Precel Zakum Retired Staff

Nov 13, 2018
    Male
    11:55 PM
    Precel
    Priest
    Spirit
    Thank you for personally insulting me. Anyway, it doesn't matter how much it's going to be. This will never be good system. If it's cheap, it's gonna wreck balance. If it's too expensive, there is no point.

Not possible since reset is based on GTOP's timer. Plus, this is same thing as reducing AP reset price.

It has the same effect whether you gain more NX or you spend less NX. Please refer to my last comment as to why this is bad. Plus this doesn't solve the inherent problem of "keeping HP washing optional"

I interpret it as "you don't need to HP wash in order to enjoy all contents"

We did not completely get rid of V2W aspect, only reduced it, because AP reset is considered Vote2Win. The difference is that Gacha affected economy, so enabling multi-voting may not affect the server greatly since gacha is gone. AP reset is a bit different, because it's more of a character balance issue that pertains to each character. Keep in mind multi-voting is allowed as an experiment and may change at any time.

Increasing NX per vote is going to have the same effect as reducing AP reset cost and reducing time between vote. Please refer to my last comment as to why this is bad.

Also, I feel the need to mention that I'm not saying current balance is perfect, but if we touch AP reset, we need to touch everything else related to HP.

I'm sure all of us can read. No need for sarcasm.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. OP
    OP
    Lidas

Lidas Mixed Golem

Sep 14, 2017
    Male
    6:55 AM
    Lidas
    Bowmaster
    Yes but this change, effect our game now. And its not like skill balance where i can reset sp. If i choose wrong it will take months to fix my character. Or i might not be able to fix it at all. Idont want to know how they do it, just if they want to.

Optional for me is that you can at least do the main bosses. If there is boss thats designed for warriors (doing 25k dmg for ex) or mages(spawn a lot of mobs or something)i dont mind it.
    Btw for pb we can just lower dmg on all map attacks(100% hit).

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. redblueblur

redblueblur Mr. Anchor

Dec 18, 2017
    Male
    11:55 AM
    Z00M
    Beginner
    Truth is, i did not have any intent but u just took it to heart and made it personal. Also as i've already mentioned '200k per wipe that can be completed via a Quest (non-repeatable) per character' is just merely an example and already have no plans to continue with this ideology. (If you must, a Completion of Quest [non-repeatable] that requires 1,000,000 nx for an AP wipe.)

Check the bosses required hp to survive, enjoy yall.

Well emphasis of "shortening the time frame of voting for AP resets (not by half the time but maybe 1/4 the total time, sounds about right)" is on the Total Days of voting needed to reach desired NX amount and not reducing the 24hr cooldown timer.

wow ok

100% certain?

Sarcasm? well if u feel that way i can't help you as I honestly appreciate criticism, as it being the basis of constructive discussion.

Cheers.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2019
  4. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    8:55 PM
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    Lidas, just looking from past implementations of bosses a damage nerf is very unlikely (look at neo tokyo, toad etc). You should continue your character assuming the worst (no damage nerfs to PB). Even if they do a damage nerf, your extra effort with washing won't be a waste - getting 3 hit KO'd vs 2 hit KO is insane convenience for any ranged class on any boss.

5. Precel

Precel Zakum Retired Staff

Nov 13, 2018
    Male
    Precel
    Priest
    Spirit
    You said "If you have eyes" which suggests that I don't, but that wasn't an insult?

You wanted constructive conversation, so please reply constructively. If you don't think AP reset is not vote to win, even though it enables HP washing, please explain.

Why are you uncertain?

6. OP
    OP
    Lidas

Lidas Mixed Golem

Sep 14, 2017
    Male
    Lidas
    Bowmaster
    on one hand i want to trust the staff. if the server status is "hp wash optional", to change it will be realy scamy.
    assuming the worst means i reset to int and wait until i can reset back. once i start i cant go back. thats what im afraid of. to do this all for nothing.
    i dont want super high hp to survive all the attacks. just the minimum needed.

how ppl think ap reset is not vote to win(if server is not wash optional)?
    you can only make around 1 ap reset a day from events. and maybe another from nx tickets.
    to reset 150 to int and back will take years.
    and not everyone can vote because of gtop.

7. Alxprit

Alxprit Red Snail

Jan 22, 2019
    Male
    Alxprit
    Ranger
    Let me try to set things straight here, from the position of someone who might be grossly uninformed about everything being a mere unwashing silly person playing the game casually.

What does washing do? From what I can tell it appears to allow someone to fight the hardest bosses in the game at a lower level than intended. In that sense, it's always sort of been optional to begin with, right? People only did it because it was a flaw in the game mechanics system that allowed them to take advantage of things. I don't think that the server admins, putting in this new even higher level boss in Pink Bean, are going to suddenly decide "guess everyone needs to wash now". That's an irrational fear.

There's probably no need to really shift balance of the costs of things, especially if that's not the way the admins really wanted things to go down. Obviously it's a bad idea to remove the potential to wash entirely for those that really want to do it. And it's impossible to make everyone happy, but the more options and differing ways there are to play, the better things are in the end. So in short, I don't think there's any need to worry. None of us know exactly how Pink Bean will turn out in this version of Maple, so until then worrying about something that may never come to pass won't help matters.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    8:55 PM
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    Alright man, I really doubt staff will give you the kind of response you are looking for, but Good luck.

9. OP
    OP
    Lidas

Lidas Mixed Golem

Sep 14, 2017
    Male
    Lidas
    Bowmaster
    that is what i hope it will be. or stay.
    im not someone who will risk it. i need a clear answer. thats why i made this post:)

i dont think they will nerf pb to 7k+hb. so the only way is to add more hp items.

anyway i will start washing like planed.(watch them release more hp in 3 month;))

10. redblueblur

redblueblur Mr. Anchor

Dec 18, 2017
    Male
    11:55 AM
    Z00M
    Beginner
    Good plan and you might wanna find the updated list of HP req for various bosses for goal planning.
    As I've heard HT hp req got increased to 9.1k (after HB). And if anyone has a working calculator, do double confirm if it was previously assumed that a lvl 200 ranged (NL/Corsair/BMs) with a few hundred of HP washed and HP gears (pet/ring) just meets the requirements for HT now. Also noting that some norm for Bosses is that there usually are a preference for a ranged with HP above the min req by the organising party.

Many thanks.

11. OP
    OP
    Lidas

Lidas Mixed Golem

Sep 14, 2017
    Male
    Lidas
    Bowmaster
    You get around 6k hp by lvl 160 without washing.

12. Sarina

Sarina Brown Teddy

Feb 28, 2018
    Female
    Sarina
    Pink bean is not difficult at all. what you really need is DPS! a full party appled up will most likely get auto banned for DMG hacking. (this has happened on GMS)
    2nd statue throws up physical or magical reflect, the 2nd last to the far right does poison cloud, easy to take them down.
    You wont reach ariel statue with a Hero you need a Polearm DK, Archer class, or NL

When Pink bean spawns, you watch the timer when you attack it until 10 seconds elapses, you return attack to it anytime it continues to attack you from that point, that way your not killed off by its reflect it throws up every 10 ~ 15 seconds

13. Midnight

Midnight Skelegon

Jan 2, 2015
    Midnight/TheMorrigan
    Dragon Knight, Assassin
    WeenieHutJrs
    Nexons' Maplestory should never have allowed us to add or subtract to/from HP/MP at all.
    That was messed up. No reason to fight the devil.

Give the unpaid staff here some time to think this over. PB isn't even released yet, and the only current bosses that require higher HP than that of an unwashed NL/BM are meant for warriors.

The GTOP banner says "HP washing optional". That is currently applicable. No reason to hold the current configuration of this server to the fire until that claim is unfounded.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. OP
    OP
    Lidas

Lidas Mixed Golem

Sep 14, 2017
    Male
    Lidas
    Bowmaster
    if the staff wanted to keep the server optional, they would just answer yes. by saying yes they dont reveal anything. they just say what most already think.(if the server optional now it will stay optional) they might not know how yet, but at least they want it.
    the fact that they dont answer make me think that: 1. they are not sure what they want to do (alot of players want to keep hp washing demand, and there is no easy way to do it).
    or 2. they want Pb to be optional boss(change the server status).

we can all make suggestions. but if the admins already decided, it wont change anyway.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2019