1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

PQ Exclusive Gear

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Timidsqueak, Mar 6, 2019.

1. Timidsqueak

Timidsqueak Blue Snail

Oct 8, 2018
    Male
    1:31 AM
    SneakySqueak
    Beginner
    Unworthy
    So to be specific and to the point. This is about more leniency on gear that is restricted by the few levels you can participate in certain PQs.

----but first a little story
    I am a new player to maple. I am enjoying the game, but am slowly realizing just how much forethought needs to go into a character from the very start. Other than the things I was told when I started, I've been running fairly blind but I've managed to get a lot of advice from players on what I should do and how I should stat with the future in mind. And for the most part, even though I wasn't funded and couldn't really go that low on dex or stre, the vote cash makes all of that stuff feel very lenient.

Something I learned the hard way however is being blindsided by party quest gear. For me, namley the Ludi PQ glasses. Long story short, I did not know about the quest. And at the time I no-lifed LPQ to lvl as fast as I could. Fortunatley I did get some PQ gear on other PQs by chance. But either way I ended up finding out about the glasses much later. And I am still sad that I missed out on the glasses because of all the commitment I have already put on this character. It makes me feel worse when players tell me that the +all stat gear is really good on my class and that those glasses are just about the best gear you can chaos scroll since the alternative for me would be glasses worth around 100m+ when I could have got the lpq glasses for free if I just knew about it.
    ----and so what I wanted to suggest

Could there be a way to make PQ-specific gear accessible to players after they have passed the levels for that PQ? I don't know how much control the maplelegends crew has over the content they can release. But what I had in mind was just quests that allow you to obtain PQ gear that you have not obtained and can no longer access. It doesn't have to be an easy quest. It just feels bad having lingering doubt on whether or not it's worth restarting the character.

2. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    Don't feel bad about missing LPQ. They may be best in slot for nightlords / shadowers, but the other tradable options are not far behind at all. And besides, spectrum goggles look way cooler.

3. Dachky

Dachky Blue Snail

Feb 19, 2019
    Male
    4:31 AM
    Dachky
    Assassin, Thief
    If you LPQ'd from 35-50, you definitely have more than 35 completed runs, and you are still able to receive your Broken Glasses.
    If not, the decision you have to make is whether the Broken Glasses are worth restarting your character for. Broken Glasses are nice but it's not the end of the world if you don't have a pair, and most people replace their Broken Glasses with other Eye Accessories later on.
    Adding a quest to be able to obtain PQ Specific Gear accessible seems unnecessary and exploitable. Unnecessary, because 99% of people would know about the PQ Specific Gear upon other people talking about it or reading about it from the PQ NPC itself. Exploitable because 35 LPQ runs at 15 minutes each run (GODSPEED) is 8 3/4 hours. Unless the quest itself is as long, I feel like most people would skip LPQ entirely and do the quest after they've leveled to 51.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Precel

Precel Zakum Retired Staff

Nov 13, 2018
    Male
    Precel
    Priest
    Spirit
    I'm not sure what your character is that require all stat, but missing broken glasses isn't too bad. Yes, it's true that other eye accessories will cost a lot, but glasses are not as good as you make it sound like. It's not a godly endgame gear. It has only 3 upgrade slots as opposed to raccoon mask's 7 slots. You'll stop using it after a while.

I've never heard of anyone using Chaos Scroll on glasses, but even if you do, it's not gonna be viable since you can only have one glasses and you need to land all 3 chaos scrolls that gives you relevant stats. Really really low chance of that happening, even if you use white scrolls.

5. OP
    OP
    Timidsqueak

Timidsqueak Blue Snail

Oct 8, 2018
    Male
    SneakySqueak
    Beginner
    Unworthy
    I'm so conflicted after having read this. One because I am an idiot. For some reason, I thought this was a quest you had to accept from the start or something and after I passed the lvl I can no longer go back and just kinda took it to heart when I asked people and they said I missed out. I guess they must have thought I was smart and assumed I had already checked knowing all I had to do was 35 runs.... I'm a total noob I know >~>

I am so grateful I actually did enough runs without having known... But I mean this post should still stand enough on its own right? Because there could easily be more people like me that just didn't know except they didn't do enough runs. So no need to delete even though I'm dumb.

But then again you post a good point as well about just skipping lpq and reaping the rewards anyway. But somehow I feel like new players shouldn't just miss out on the opportunity of having equipment that they can hold onto until they get better gear or a chaos scroll to see if they can make it really good. So i still feel there should be SOME way to be able to get them. 8 hour quest seems pretty brutal lol

Ps. thank you so much lol, sorry

Attached Files:

6. Shinohara

Shinohara Headless Horseman

Mar 31, 2017
    Calderock Village
    5:31 PM
    Saratoga / Sogohara / Tsushima
    Bishop
    ☆ Aqours ☆
    Its not really a big loss if you do not get the cracked glasses as it would eventually be replaced with other equipments when the opportunity arises.

Additionally, chaos'ing it sounds good but only if you can obtain satisfactory results but even then it'd feel like a waste as the greatest benefit from using chaos scrolls would be for altering wa(or INT imo) which the lpq glasses either does not have for the former or loses to tradeable glasses with more slots for scrolling INT for the latter.

I personally only got the glasses for my first character and subsequently ignored it for the rest of my characters as it was both too troublesome to get and i had already bought and scrolled better alternatives.

7. Lidas

Lidas Mixed Golem

Sep 14, 2017
    Male
    11:31 AM
    Lidas
    Bowmaster
    keep in mind that you can know about the glasses by just talking to the sign npc. the information is in the game.
    although there is nothing that direct you to Lpq at lvl 35. so you might have a point.

8. redblueblur

redblueblur Mr. Anchor

Dec 18, 2017
    Male
    4:31 PM
    Z00M
    Beginner
    Isn't there a 'Light Bulb' that will appear on ur character upon reaching lvl 35? As well as pressing ur 'Quest' tab and viewing Available quests.

9. Precel

Precel Zakum Retired Staff

Nov 13, 2018
    Male
    Precel
    Priest
    Spirit
    AFAIK PQs don't show up with the lightbulbs. I don't think they are in quest tabs either

10. postcard

postcard Selkie Jr.

Aug 17, 2018
    Postcard
    Bowmaster
    Vivid
    Ellin PQ shows up in the lightbulb notification once you hit level 45, not sure about LPQ.

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. Shinohara

Shinohara Headless Horseman

Mar 31, 2017
    Calderock Village
    5:31 PM
    Saratoga / Sogohara / Tsushima
    Bishop
    ☆ Aqours ☆
    Lpq does not have a lightbulb notification, epq has one because its a introductory quest to ellin forest.

• Informative Informative x 2
  12. OP
    OP
    Timidsqueak

Timidsqueak Blue Snail

Oct 8, 2018
    Male
    SneakySqueak
    Beginner
    Unworthy

I suppose in the end of the day this is ultimately true.