1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Update MapleLegends Spring Major Update

Discussion in 'Maintenances' started by Precel, Apr 27, 2019.

1. boldaslove

boldaslove Dark Stone Golem

Jul 19, 2015
    8:59 AM
    BoldAsLove
    I/L Wizard
    Synergy
    Good insight as far as common spots in Legends weren't in GMS or weren't common in GMS.
    Most iconic GMS training spots to me were:
    Grim Phantom Watch parties - Usually DK on top going in a circle with a priest and a hermit at the bottom mobbing, or a fire mage mobbing bottom solo, or if you're a crazy guy with mesos then an archer named LightOne
    Viking Parties in Warped Path of Time 4
    Squids Parties
    Goby Parties
    Zombies 1-4 with 2 and 3 being the most desirable
    Hot Sands
    Bains before Zak

By parties I mean 6 man things where everyone attacks a certain spot and an HSer runs around. If there were somehow a revival of that it could be interesting. Otherwise making GPW somehow viable could be cool. I think a lot of the reason these maps and monster go outdated isn't necessarily the spawn but their shapes and platform layouts get outdated over time. There's a lot of walking and map cycling in GPW or there's unique platform set ups in viking parties compared to flat, accessible, and campy maps like Gs2. I don't know if buffing spawns can fix that but I liked Alyosha's comment about GMS spots being under used or that they're replaced by non-gms maps already.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    5:59 AM
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    At the end of the day it comes down to EXP per HR. The problem with the outdated GMS maps is that they are inferior on two fronts, mob quality and MAP layout.

Not only do the monsters in the GMS maps give LESS EXP per monster HP, but the map layout also makes it so that you spend less time doing damage and killing mobs and more time travelling.

This isn't something that can't be fixed - you could just OVERBUFF the monsters in terms of EXP or Spawn to compensate for the fact that you would be spending more time travelling and not being able to hit them as often in a map with a better layout such as GS2.

Personally, I would prefer that outdated maps be made viable by buffing the items it drops. It would be amazing balance to have maps that are good for farming exp, and maps that are good for farming mesos, but not maps that are good for both at the same time (like mannequins).

Last edited: Apr 28, 2019
  3. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    Teleports could be added around some deep ludi maps to keep the killing going, that along with a slight buff to exp and to give them a purpose would make them pretty cool.

The crack to summon Pap could be added to drop tables, maybe as a slightly difficult drop like Cornian Dagger/Marrow. Along with that the cooldown for getting the free crack could be made to be like 48-72 hours or the freebies could gotten rid of entirely. A marginal increase to Pap's exp, like 10-20% along with making him drop an average of one or two more pieces of equipment could make him more sought after. He's decent already, but compared to other stuff he's only alright. I'd kill him more often if there was more of a reason to be in Ludi. Right now there isn't much of a reason to leave the NLC/Victoria/Leafre region, so I don't usually go there late game.

It would be a more unique experience. Spend an hour farming 2 cracks, hopefully get ~15-20mil exp doing that, then go kill Papulatus a couple times for some nice loot and 7-8mil exp.

The exp would be decent overall for people early in 4th job. Pap giving more drops would help establish him as a decent boss to do daily. A lot of people lose money killing Zakum, but he's some of the most viable exp for bossing classes.

But then again we have Ravana soon, if he's around the skill level of Pap but more available then RIP Pap. I'm also gonna NPC all of the helms I get for fat cash.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Manohjay

Manohjay Horny Mushroom

Jun 27, 2017
    United States
    YNWA
    Night Lord
    Influence

Not sure if it was intended along in this transition fix but I'm pretty sure this change affected gobies as well. IIRC once the house was destroyed, gobies would spawn instantly allowing you to hit the gobies once they spawned. However now there's a small "delay" from when the house is destroyed to when gobies are spawned to when you can attack the gobies.

5. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    Goby Nerfs part 4.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. OP
    OP
    Precel

Precel Zakum Retired Staff

Nov 13, 2018
    Male
    Precel
    Priest
    Spirit
    That was intentional as all transforming mobs are changed.

This was not intentional nerf MapleF12

7. michaelxii

michaelxii Horny Mushroom

Oct 6, 2018
    Male
    michaelxii
    F/P Arch Mage
    California
    I know that many people think mages are too powerful and don't need any buffs. However, it's disappointing that Infinity didn't get buffed. As it stands, Infinity's active duration is 40 seconds, but it's cooldown is 10 minutes or 600 seconds. The active time is less than 10% of the cooldown time. Some people argue that having that much free MP for mage ultimates is too powerful, but this skill requires that you invest 30 SP into the skill. It would go a long way to improve quality-of-life for people who MAIN mages, if the cooldown was decreased to 5 minutes with a 60 second active duration. Another solution could be something like increasing the active duration to 2 minutes, while maintaining the 10 minute cooldown.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    What's even better is that the skillbook costs a couple million mesos.

You can get about 15 free casts at max level.

On a bishop that's 52.5k free MP. On an AM that's 105k mp.

With 30k MP on a mage Mana Bulls heal 18k MP for 2800 mesos.

That means by using Infinity 30 and casting an AM saves around ~16,333 mesos. A bishop saves 8,166 mesos.

They can cast it 6 times per hour. (That's probably the most unrealistic part of this, I hardly ever remember it exists.)

So overall AM's can save 98k per hour using Infinity, bishops can save 49k.

So if you pay 2mil for it, it'll take 20 hours of grinding on an AM and 40 hours of grinding on a bishop in order for it to be worth it.

2mil isn't even that much money. Over the course of a career it could probably save like 20mil at the very most.

• Great Work Great Work x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    6:59 AM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Not even 10% of the mp usage is pretty laughable... plus I hear it doesn't even keep MP intact when taking damage through magic guard. That makes it a lot worse than I already thought too. Plus the 30 skill points is the main cost issue... Never was a fan of infinity.

I was hoping Mana Reflection damage could be buffed as it can be seen on hiddenstreet.net. 10x damage reflected as opposed to 2x damage reflected at max level would make the skill... somewhat noticeable.

It would also be great if the AM summons didn't cost double MP since element amp doesn't affect them.

And last, element composition is complete garbage, especially considering that it doesn't work with ele wands. Definitely needs a buff.

10. Caenyss

Caenyss Capt. Latanica

Jan 30, 2018
    Male
    Lisbon
    1:59 PM
    Caenyss
    Bowmaster
    Any dev-thoughts on also buffing Inferno for archers? The buff for Arrow Eruption/Rain has been great, but in contrast now Inferno feels very weak even when considering it's stronger against fire weak monsters.

• Like Like x 1