1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Anniversary Patch Notes: May 22, 2020

Discussion in 'Update Notes' started by Kimmy, May 23, 2020.

1. Eighty

Eighty Windraider

Jun 19, 2018
    Male
    Nepal
    9:57 PM
    Hundred
    Marksman
    Colors
    PLEASE! Increase the range of sacrifice! I normally end up touching the boss' body while attempting to reduce my HP.
    At bosses like nameless, it's crucial to be able to super-micromanage HP to zerk! I also don't want to fall off the edge at HT during the left and mid heads while attempting to sacrifice. :(

And yes, zerking at nameless is possible. I normally have it up 80%~ of the time.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Kanade

Kanade Mixed Golem

Sep 14, 2018
    4:12 AM
    - All current Witch's Special Stew's in the server has received an expiration of 6 months starting now.

405784196783538196.png

3. Pixel

Pixel Mixed Golem

Jun 17, 2018
    11:12 AM
    DragonMaid
    Outlaw
    Okay but tell me
    At what level do they start maxing Marksman Boost?
    140s 150s?
    So unless you're already an expert in the game, to reliable get a character to late game and fund it, you don't get that ''compensation''
    This isnt GMS, this is Maple Legends, players usually dont level up that high, and now if someone wants to play Sniper they have to deal with a weaker non-nostalgic 5 shot strafe forever
    And it'll stay weaker and more blocked by defense until they get to 4th job and can fund themselves out of bad damage.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    9:12 AM
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    5 shot strafe won't be weaker though. You will still do more damage than a 4 shot strafe.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. RegalStar

RegalStar Nightshadow

Sep 23, 2019
    Male
    12:12 PM
    DMsRebirth
    The fact that defense is applied before skill multipliers means that 5 line strafe won't factor in defense any more than 4 line strafe (Proportionally anyways).

Although it is true that without SE, this new 5 line strafe is slightly lower damage than 4 line strafe (625% vs 640%). I don't think it's a big deal though; from my experience as a Sniper I don't actually use Strafe all that much when levelling, except on headless horseman and bigfoot.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. Noordam

Noordam Blue Snail

May 13, 2020
    Male
    BasicMage
    I/L Wizard
    Oooo that 8th channel and warp card. Yassssss

7. MIGHTYshoni

MIGHTYshoni Slime

Mar 26, 2020
    Male
    12:12 AM
    Shonii
    Marksman
    Pacifists
    Why change a nostalgic skill to having an xtra 1 shot? thats what Pixel is trying to say.
    Looking at the charts, the long-awaited buff is clearly justified (YASSSSS PLS). Simply put, to increase damage output just increase the damage % from 110% to maybe anywhere from (125% to 140%) or increase the crit damage.

Also I'd like GMs to consider this. Make "Snipe 30" penetrate weapon cancels on boss. This will boost MMs class identity and have more impact in end game boss fights. MMs need to be distinguished more apart from BMs, not just "BMs are expected to deal more dmg in the end game".

• Agree Agree x 5
  8. HollyCrap

HollyCrap Capt. Latanica

Jul 2, 2017
    Male
    1:12 PM
    HollyCrap
    Cleric
    No you wont.. Unless you have max SE or you crit all 5 arrows.. which is pretty mid-late game imo, saddly.
    Calcs:
    Expected damage:
    • Old Strafe (NO SE): 110%*4 + (100%*4*0.5) = 640%
    • New Strafe (NO SE): 75%*5 + (100%*5*0.5) = 625%
    • Old Strafe (With SE): 110%*4 + (240%*4*0.65) = 1064%
    • New Strafe (With SE): 75%*5 + (240%*5*0.65) = 1155%
    The MM Boost Buff is amazing, Thank you a lot!
    Im leveling a 260 base int marskman.. that strafe nerf on my early game will hurt me a lot! How am i going to pin HH? :/

Where is our Snipe hiting through Weap Cancel tho?? D:

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. s0mething

s0mething Capt. Latanica

May 4, 2019
    Troll answer: wash out your int

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Haku

Haku Dark Stone Golem

Nov 29, 2019
    Haku, Avoid
    Night Lord
    Agape
    50% Nerf on Alchemist is too much in my opinion. Maybe 30-35% would've been a less harsh.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  11. Xydan

Xydan Chronos

Feb 1, 2019
    Male
    Xydan
    Nobody used that ship anyways because getting to Leafre is instantaneous using the portal. A least now Ludi won't be a dead zone for players after EPQ or whenever they decide to leave. And people might actually visit omega sector now.

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Beene

Beene Slime

Sep 8, 2017
    Male
    Buccaneer
    No changes for Buccaneer how unfortunate, though i'm glad for some more prominent changes. Looking out for the future bucc changes thoughSeemsGood

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. boost3rr

boost3rr Slime

Dec 2, 2019
    zzz
    Thief
    y tho?

• Funny Funny x 3
  14. Hosina

Hosina Blue Snail

Mar 17, 2020
    Male
    1:12 AM
    Dith
    Bandit
    Ghost
    I love Warp card patch ♡

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. postcard

postcard Selkie Jr.

Aug 17, 2018
    Postcard
    Bowmaster
    Vivid
    remember when you also said we could just use stew instead for less fuss buffs and i said they weren't an infinite resource...

TY FOR THE MATH SKAR, tbh i just cider/heartstopper on concentrate cd anyway

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. Haku

Haku Dark Stone Golem

Nov 29, 2019
    Haku, Avoid
    Night Lord
    Agape
    BeCaUsE nLs ArE oP. NLs apple / stew at least once a run to do single target dpm because they're a selfish class that can only provide haste to a party. With the changes to multi client and muling in HT, everyone will now rely on att pots.(Unless you have multiple computers).This doesn't really nerf the class's overall dpm, but it does affect your total damage per run if you just apple once. I could care less to be honest, this just makes runs longer for everyone else.

• Funny Funny x 5
  17. s0mething

s0mething Capt. Latanica

May 4, 2019
    additional 5 stoppers per hour is not too bad. 15 stoppers with the previous concentrate and 20 stoppers with the change. Stackable ciders is pretty nice though.

18. Automata

Automata Blue Snail

Sep 11, 2019
    Male
    CH5 FM
    Automata
    Camper, F/P Arch Mage
    Disagree with the multiclient change. If people can and want to duo or trio bosses then they should able to. By making this change you're essentially forcing people to fill up their party with players that they otherwise wouldn't invite. I get that you're trying to help introduce newer players to boss runs but an artificial limitation like this isn't the right way to do it. Also part of the challenge in this game IS to find a party to boss with. Just because you hit 135 doesn't magically mean you're welcome to every boss run. Most people in this game want to min/max their time and mesos and this change kind of ruins it.

A better approach to this would be to add a timer similar to HT so there's a dps check for your party.

• Disagree Disagree x 14
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Skuire

Skuire Nightshadow

Aug 16, 2017
    10:12 AM
    Skucci
    Shadower
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 8
  20. Haku

Haku Dark Stone Golem

Nov 29, 2019
    Haku, Avoid
    Night Lord
    Agape
    if you main a NL why wouldn't you be salty lol. Like I said, any nerf to a class affects party play.