1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Information Anniversary 2020 Skill Changes [Explained]

Discussion in 'Update Notes' started by Nise, May 23, 2020.

1. Fraiche

Fraiche Pac Pinky Retired Staff

Jul 20, 2017
    Straya
    1:43 AM
    Monobrow, Sheathe, Kasie, Fraiche
    F/P Arch Mage
    Uchiha
    Wouldn't changing mage skills from basic attack to % improve magic attack scaling similarly to w.att based skills? Or will that introduce problems? : pepethonk:

2. Sam_Vosh

Sam_Vosh Capt. Latanica Retired Staff

Jan 24, 2015
    Female
    Somewhere over a fictional rainbow
    5:43 PM
    SamVosh
    Bowmaster
    Halcyon
    Amazing work on the charts and measuring DPM. I, in particularly, like the fact you're buffing MM to bring them more in line with BM. Although I don't play MM, there has been a major difference before any buff or adjustment. But I would like to know; Do you consider the loss in DPM of knockbacks from getting as well?
    BM's may have high DPM on single targets when not getting hit (and there are a few bosses where this can be pulled off) but the DPM of BM's get lowered quite a bit. Do you take that as well in your consideration?

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Nicholas

Nicholas Mixed Golem

Jun 9, 2016
    Male
    London
    8:43 AM
    DragonNich
    Dark Knight, Bishop
    Summer
    • Funny Funny x 4
  4. Igni

Igni Timer

Aug 10, 2017
    Male
    MeleeSmash
    Buccaneer
    About buccs:
    1. Energy charge weapon attack is completely irrelevant, it does not stack with atk pots, it will take priority if you're using a coke pill but other than that you best ignore it when calculating for gelt.
    2. Ignoring Time Leap we spend 2/3 of the time in Super Transform, for anyone trying to make sense of those numbers it should be closer to Demo numbers on average, but even so...
    3. Barrage+Energy Orb wasn't considered at all in those dmg charts, and realistically I was using that combo more frequently than most would think.
    4. Damage calculations results for buccs seems lower than expected, but from how I see it buccs has more QoL issues atm rather than dmg/dpm issues. Most people don't have a clue where Buccs stand, they are underrated/overrated depending on who you ask.

And one small aside about crit change for NLs.
    It's a drastic change on how they work, but is it really worth it for a measly 6.25% dpm increase w.o SE? Not only asking the ML staff but also the NLs in this server. What are your thoughts on this change?

5. Kanashimi

Kanashimi Brown Teddy

Nov 5, 2017
    Male
    6:43 PM
    Kanashimi
    Night Lord
    Essence
    Outclassed hard by Drks which bring utillity to bosses(HB), while we provide nothing useful because rage is pretty bad considering you can just buy ciders(which now stack up to 5 per slot).
    Same with the dmg charts, seems like Drks are way ahead of Heroes with cleave as well.
    Realistically, you won't go to a hard boss fight without SE, meaning that Drks will outdmg Heroes 100% of the times if we had the same gear.
    Not to mention their dmg output with SI + SE...

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Hiimalex

Hiimalex Slime

Sep 4, 2019
    Male
    Hiimalex/Redapples
    I/L Arch Mage
    Beaters
    I would love to see heroes get some love. Based off these charts, it looks like hero's DPM sits below Pallys in single target damage and DKs in both cleave/single target. It seems as if heroes don't excel at anything and Rage isn't nearly as useful as Hyper Body. I'm not sure if a buff to Rage would be appropriate since its level limit was increased a couple years back. But since the buff to Rage, I feel as if it made Enrage an even less sought after skill. Going from the 15wa Rage buff to a 26wa boost (11 wa difference) using Enrage was a huge difference in damage, however now that Rage provides 20wa, the extra 6wa you get from committing 30 skills points doesn't seem nearly as worth it especially since there are so many other skills that take priority. Perhaps a buff to Enrage in not only the CD but also an even higher wa increase?

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. RainbowYarn

RainbowYarn Pink Teddy

Jan 14, 2020
    Male
    United Kingdom
    4:43 PM
    Some of these changes I can't understand, much less accept.

Why change strafe to 5 hits? It's so different from the classic 4 hits, feels wrong. If it dies need a buff, they why can't the damage just be buffed instead? I suppose you could add ultimate strafe in fourth job with the 6 hits.

The change to night lords is strage, too, even if it does actually increase damage.

These things will take time to get used to...

Also, if corsairs are bad damage without their ship, then why don't you just increase the damage of rapid fire? So simple.

I don't really understand some logic behin these changes. Right now I'm just confused and weirded out a bit.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. redblueblur

redblueblur Mr. Anchor

Dec 18, 2017
    Male
    11:43 PM
    Z00M
    Beginner
    chill mate... drk gotta maintain zerk, do you(hero)?

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. Igni

Igni Timer

Aug 10, 2017
    Male
    MeleeSmash
    Buccaneer
    For anyone feeling a bit discouraged seeing those charts, take it with a grain of salt.

For heroes, I've never seen a drk consistently out dmg a hero and these charts just show what the dmg is like if you had super end game gear + gelt which benefits classes with higher weapon multiplier, and if you held down the button without getting hit. It's much easier to maintain combo charge than berserk.

• Agree Agree x 5
  10. Kanashimi

Kanashimi Brown Teddy

Nov 5, 2017
    Male
    Kanashimi
    Night Lord
    Essence
    I don't see your point, its part of their kit.

If both had average gear(lets say, it was the same), who would deal more damage?

11. Igni

Igni Timer

Aug 10, 2017
    Male
    MeleeSmash
    Buccaneer
    Roughly the same, but even more favour of the hero in a realistic scenario.

Not saying heroes don't deserve buffs, but the charts shows drks being a cut above of what they're mostly capable of in a realistic environment.

If anything, whoever does more dmg in ht mostly depends on who falls down the least with the 90% stance failing lol. And I'm generally more surprised when a drk out-dmgs a hero especially if the drk has inferior gear, it's usually the hero doing more from my experiences.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Nicholas

Nicholas Mixed Golem

Jun 9, 2016
    Male
    London
    DragonNich
    Dark Knight, Bishop
    Summer
    I'm not sure how sushi will affect these numbers, but before Drk would basically be burning tons of pot money to have better damage than a hero in bosses like HT. Hero is a much easier class to play and has consistent dpm across all bosses. DrK is hard to play, and you have to be vigilant in order to maintain the high dpm in these charts. When it comes to harder-hitting bosses, DrK is probably one of the most fragile classes if it wants high dpm (EG in nameless if you want to zerk you need to be perfect with your pots or else you're dead), so it's actually a pretty fair balance.

This is not analogous to, say, MM/BM, both of which experience the same difficulties with their skills, but BM severely out damaged MM starting in the late mid-game.

13. xadra

xadra Capt. Latanica

Jun 6, 2017
    Male
    Adra
    Paladin
    Divide
    You could think of Hero vs DrK as similar to NL vs Sair. Theoretically DrK/Sair deal higher damage but NL/Hero are simply much easier to pilot with less to think about. They don't have to manage a mechanic (zerk/battleship) and can just hold one button down to do max damage. On top of that the best Hero weapons aren't locked behind gacha.

And this is an extremely good point.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. Eighty

Eighty Windraider

Jun 19, 2018
    Male
    Nepal
    9:28 PM
    Hundred
    Marksman
    Colors
    Hi, I’d just like to point out that those numbers are theoretical. DrKs lose dpm when ducking in verga, rushing into zak when pillars drop and then walking back out, usage of ACP sometimes reduces dpm further, (all of this while maintaining the hp) some bosses are virtually unzerkable without smoke like toad and bga A.

I’m just saying heroes will deal damage more consistently. So no. I don’t agree with your statement that drks outclass any warrior. Heroes and drks feel on par atm with heroes having more reliable damage and drks having hb.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Kanashimi

Kanashimi Brown Teddy

Nov 5, 2017
    Male
    Kanashimi
    Night Lord
    Essence
    I'm glad to see so much feedback about my comment.
    You guys gave some fair arguments which pretty much contradicts what I've said.
    Well, im convinced.

• Like Like x 2
  16. joota

joota Mr. Anchor Retired Staff

Jul 13, 2019
    Buccaneer
    Freelancer
    Considering that NLs/Sairs need to hold a lot of slots for their stars/bullets, I think heroes did get an indirect buff. Holding lots of ciders still isn't realistic for these classes.

17. Kanashimi

Kanashimi Brown Teddy

Nov 5, 2017
    Male
    Kanashimi
    Night Lord
    Essence
    I still think making ciders stackable is really bad.

18. Arkalar

Arkalar Red Snail

Jan 8, 2019
    Male
    4:43 PM
    Arkalar
    Bowmaster
    Sugma
    QQ, when the graphs talk about "Weapon attack" is that TWA or just pure WA stats from weapons + any WA scrolled equips?

Im curious because it seems like now the BM are much lower damage than MM for equivalent equips unless you're super funded and have perfect equips?

19. cansif

cansif Mano

Aug 8, 2017
    Male
    Bishop
    I think what sucks is having to invest alot of time in washing a character, getting equips to get it decently running etc or just spending a significant amount of time and resources to make a character and then it gets nerfed. :(