1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

stackable ciders

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by seriousgamer, May 23, 2020.

1. Sumilidon 25

Sumilidon 25 King Slime

Apr 6, 2020
    Male
    4:10 AM
    Kapcom
    Dragon Knight
    HOOD
    I don't see the problem. Nx is free so it's not like you don't have the option of increasing use slots I carry 12 ciders on me 24/7 ^_^. I also maxed dragon blood which kills me at 1/1 bosses and only gives 12 w.atk not to mention coke pills exist too like relax Heroes are fine.

2. echung379

echung379 Brown Teddy

Oct 16, 2017
    1:10 AM
    Cookiee
    Hero
    DKs have HB. The only party buff that heroes have is rage which is now replaced easily by a 1k npc cider

3. Wigglytuff

Wigglytuff Orange Mushroom

Mar 28, 2020
    with or without rage, it's not like anyone will be excluding heroes simply because they have ciders

not all party buffs need to be insanely relevant

4. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    1. Your second HT run is less relevant because after you kill the first horntail you get horntail buff which gives you +30 weapon attack and lasts for 1hr. With alchemist thats 1.25 hr, or 1hr 15min.

So for 2, 2 hr runs (lets say you take 15min break in between), you only need 3hr of cider. 180min of cider / 6.25 mins per cider ~28.8 ciders. Round up to 30 ciders. 5 ciders per slot means you need 6 use slots for cider.

24 stars is not enough? Okay, lets do 30 sets of stars = 30 slots. 30 cider = 5 slots. Pet food = 1 slot. Return to town scroll = 1 slot. Emergency apple = 1 slot. Is there anything else that you need? We have 48 total slots, so far 30+5+1+1+1 is taken, so we have 10 slots left for potions.

so for 2 runs you need 500 hp and mp pots? So some mix of hornster / sorc elixir should be fine. They fit 150 per slot. 10 slots means you can have 1500 of the two. So i think 750 hornster / 750 sorc elixir should be more than fine.

Also I thought NLs get 52 use slots instead of 48, but the above is counting just 48. So, really, you do have enough slots for 2 runs, but you don't have enough slots for more than 2 runs if you want to stay in horntail cave.

Also, if you want to use coke pill over cider, that frees up 4 use slots for more pots. Personally, I use storage mules in horntail cave to store extra pots so that I can stay in cave for long periods of time.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. aaronis

aaronis Slimy

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Shadower
    Beaters
    What is this thread, party bears were the freest shit now they cost use slots by being replaced by ciders. This is a good change??? Rage was an actual meme now it’s like actually usable in a boss run lmao unless ur party was like too cheap to spend 300 nx every 15 minutes????

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. echung379

echung379 Brown Teddy

Oct 16, 2017
    Cookiee
    Hero
    I agree not all party buffs need to be insanely relevant. But heroes have no other party buffs, so if rage is irrelevant then they have no party utility. DK's have HB, BM/MM have SE, Buccs have SI, shads have smoke.

It'll just make it a little bit easier to be wanted in boss runs as a hero if you can offer a party buff that can't be easily replaced by a npc item. I've been saying over multiple threads that if hero rage is buffed to 23 att, then most of us would stop complaining.

7. Wigglytuff

Wigglytuff Orange Mushroom

Mar 28, 2020
    paladins dont have party buffs either, its not really necessary.

why 23 attack specifically? sounds like a pretty random number to me, 3 att doesnt give me much incentive to purposely include a hero. if given the option to use current rage over ciders, people would choose rage every time. if youre forcing a decision between adding a hero for 23 att rage vs 20 att cider, people that wouldnt have added a hero before wont be adding one anyway so it really doesnt seem like anything other than a free 3 att for people that already use rage.

8. Kanashimi

Kanashimi Brown Teddy

Nov 5, 2017
    Male
    11:10 AM
    Kanashimi
    Night Lord
    Essence
    I agree...or lower the attack you get from ciders to like ~17.

9. echung379

echung379 Brown Teddy

Oct 16, 2017
    Cookiee
    Hero
    Pally's have HH though, which is helpful in HT. But yeah pally is one of the other few classes that don't have a useful party buff and could use one.

The 3 att is sort of a random number, but I figure if you do 25 att that might be too much, so a 3 att boost seems reasonable yet still helpful for party utility. And I disagree, I think people would be more likely to include a hero as opposed to adding a 3rd NL into a party if the entire party gets a +3 att boost versus using ciders. It's quite significant, especially late game when adding a few attack is really costly and difficult.

It just seems unfair that other classes get party buffs that are useful for party utility (HB/SE/SI come to mind) but heroes don't get anything of added value. Especially because our single target DPM is average and our cleave DPM is equal/worse when compared to shads and DKs, both of whom have useful party skills.

10. Nicholas

Nicholas Mixed Golem

Jun 9, 2016
    Male
    London
    DragonNich
    Dark Knight, Bishop
    Summer
    Bruh f*** ciders (And coke pills). Every class should take the hit and have no access to cheap attack pots: nerf ciders and coke pills to less than 15 attack— I don’t think attack pots that are better than any class’s attack buffs should be in the game (I use 15 at an absolute max on this as that’s what hex gives). I dont think handing out more attack on rage is the way to go on this, since there are other classes whose skills are undercut by op attack pots.

• Like Like x 1
  11. echung379

echung379 Brown Teddy

Oct 16, 2017
    Cookiee
    Hero
    I am okay with 20 att rage if ciders and coke pills are <15 att. That achieves the same objective as hero having some party appeal

12. OP
    OP
    seriousgamer

seriousgamer King Slime

Feb 8, 2020
    Male
    4:10 PM
    why nerf party bears and ciders become a replacement who the hell is making the balance decisions haha. plz dont humour me that ciders being stackable clogs use slots(thus being unusable )everyone and their mom including me are using ciders right now.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. aaronis

aaronis Slimy

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Shadower
    Beaters
    tfw no room for ciders because i need 24 slots for stars

14. OP
    OP
    seriousgamer

seriousgamer King Slime

Feb 8, 2020
    Male
    tfw when the only class in the game is nls and other classes don't exist haha. tfw when nls are able to have warriors level of hp and do 50% more damage due to hp washing xd.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. thugric

thugric Capt. Latanica Retired Staff

May 10, 2017
    Male
    TaxDog
    Marksman
    Beaters
    You're definitely double potting during a good majority of HT's magic attacks you're using that many honsters per run. If this were to be the case, you would be using at least be using 100 honsters per minute in a 100 minute run...

Try to aim to consume anything between 600-800 potions per run.

16. s0mething

s0mething Capt. Latanica

May 4, 2019
    Yeah, it wasn't until recently that I started running without HB. Still need to mess around with the auto hp. My main pot burn comes from legs and tails I believe.

• Like Like x 1
  17. aaronis

aaronis Slimy

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Shadower
    Beaters
    I mean it takes like 2-3 years of your char literally being useless for you to get that much hp and warriors hit multiple targets in bosses like HT and cwkpq which is important lol. Like yea ranges classes do more single target damage than melee classes, if they didn’t then what would be the point. NLs do like triple the damage of bishops when doing scallion are bishops useless then???? Different classes do different things and for the most part they’re pretty balanced (well pirates are kinda trash but no one plays them sooo)

18. OP
    OP
    seriousgamer

seriousgamer King Slime

Feb 8, 2020
    Male
    range attackers aren’t suppose to be tanky. they shud get 1 shotted in every boss without hb it’s the only way to justify their damage.

now they have even more survivabipity then warriors with their avoid and hp.

n onli 3 bosses are cleavable but what about 90% of the other bosses.

what even is a warrior’s identity now? high hp which every class can get with ap resets? n cleave the air particles during most bosses?

19. Nise

Nise Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    5:10 PM
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    [​IMG]

Why are you killing scallions in MapleStory? OnionF6

*Ease of getting to high HP, and saying cleave is Pally-cist LOL Probably stance, hitting higher numbers, and better grinding. A class' identity isn't solely determined by their identity during a boss, so there's a lot more to consider. Being able to level faster by grinding at a decent pace is a huge difference.

20. OP
    OP
    seriousgamer

seriousgamer King Slime

Feb 8, 2020
    Male

range classes can hp wash waiting year. but warriors can't increase dmg with waiting a year of voting. Able to cover their weaknesses by waiting longer. Not very fair.

Dks have HB very useful for people who don't wash. Does decent cleave dmg(identity=gives hb and good cleave)

Pallies right now are pretty overpowered able to grind with that 199k hammer and do more single target than most classes without even elemental weakness. Why am I being pally-cist btw pally can cleave in ht and zak with hammer without any funds. And grind cleave with their hammer at Shaolin and crimson guardians. they only suck at CWKPQ.(identity= cleave and grind with low funds do massive single target dmg. elemental wizard that can threaten bosses)

Heroes right now are pretty mediocre 2 skills get replaced by all the attack pots and free ciders. Nice how pent up rage = same dmg increase as a cider. Does same cleave dmg as Dks who have a useful buff. Single target dmg really bad with no useful party buff.(identity= good cleave/solo player class)

all that is needed is for a hero to have a useful party bossing skill that does not get replaced by free potions.