1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

High Horntail has learned to barrel cancel

Discussion in 'Report Bugs' started by RegalStar, Dec 2, 2020.

1. RegalStar

RegalStar Nightshadow

Sep 23, 2019
    Male
    8:47 AM
    DMsRebirth
    Except that instead of barrel, it seems to be able to cancel pretty much any of its non-damage skill animation into some damage skill animation.

For example, an arm can twitch its finger a little bit, but cancel into a mana drain mid-animation, resulting in a mass seduction that looks like it was triggered from a mana drain.

In our runs today we've seen mass cancel into mana drain, midhead dispel cancel into some other attack, and even cancels on right head cancelling into breathes or whatever.

I have no idea what's causing this, but it's very annoying and unfair and I really think it should be fixed ASAP.

2. Mirrors

Mirrors Zakum Retired Staff

Jul 15, 2019
    Female
    5:47 AM
    Mirrors
    WeenieHutJrs
    Do you have a video by any chance? That would be really helpful.

3. OP
    OP
    RegalStar

RegalStar Nightshadow

Sep 23, 2019
    Male
    DMsRebirth
    Unfortunately I don't, since we didn't realize what was happening until the end of first run and I didn't have time to prepare recordings. I'll try to see if I can record a run two days later and see if it still happens after tomorrow's maintenance.

4. jc123

jc123 Brown Teddy

Jun 21, 2020
    jc43
    Warrior
    Sorry, I don't have any video proof but I can second this. I noticed that sed/wyvern animations were being 'animation cancelled' during my run.

5. KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    2:47 PM
    KurayamiLove/Nagrom/Amatista
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    upload_2020-12-2_9-46-43.png

• Funny Funny x 6
  6. xiaoyaoz

xiaoyaoz Balance Team Staff Member Balance Team

Jul 17, 2020
    Male
    1:47 PM
    Damn, I thought I was crazy or my client is lagged or something, but I saw the animation cancels as well, more frequently cancelling wyvern summon animation for my case.

7. Voxtagrams

Voxtagrams Headless Horseman

Jun 13, 2020
    Ultra Instinct Horntail.. op

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Tate

Tate Capt. Latanica

Apr 16, 2020
    New Zealand
    12:47 AM
    Potayto
    Shadower
    Beaters
    Chaos Horntail makes its debut~

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. OP
    OP
    RegalStar

RegalStar Nightshadow

Sep 23, 2019
    Male
    DMsRebirth
    Updating to this post. I'm sure anyone who have actually horntailed for the past few days can tell you that yes, this bug is still well and alive and haunting everyone involved. However, I noticed something... interesting in today's runs. We had an SI mule acting as sed target, and we noticed that during preheads, while they're on the bottom and the rest of the attackers, we would see him getting hit by phantom attacks whose animation we cannot observe. During our second run, one of our attacker was making coffee for the first few minutes on the first prehead and he was getting hit with phantom attacks too, and seemingly different ones from the ones that were hitting our SI.

Video of our second run, first prehead

You can see phantom attack hitting AlvinSI at 0:42, and phantom attack hitting Filter at 1:16. There are plenty of other examples throughout the prehead as well. In addition, when I went down myself during a cancel, Horntail charged an ice attack on the bottom, then immediately cancelled into an ice attack on the top at 11:04.

I'm suspecting that this animation desyncing has to do with the cancels, as HT is charging an attack on our screens, but also using a skill at the same time, and somehow the the effect of attacks aren't necessarily synchronized but the effect of skills are.

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. OP
    OP
    RegalStar

RegalStar Nightshadow

Sep 23, 2019
    Male
    DMsRebirth
    After maintenance, bug is still there

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. shot

shot Capt. Latanica Retired Staff

Oct 31, 2017
    Male
    7:47 AM
    sh0t/Davi
    Buccaneer
    Honor
    This issue should be addressed now. Please let us know if it persists.