1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Information Christmas Event 2021 Balance Changes [Explained]

Discussion in 'Update Notes' started by Nise, Dec 29, 2021.

1. Mirrors

Mirrors Zakum Retired Staff

Jul 15, 2019
    Female
    8:01 AM
    Mirrors
    WeenieHutJrs
    FYI this is pretty much griefing; if you purposefully lure mobs to kill an afk person you can get banned for it. Please check ToS under griefing if you want to read more. I am hopeful that people are decent enough to not do this especially considering we have so many GS2 dungeons now, hopefully we have enough maps for everyone to prevent this kind of behavior.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Mageor

Mageor Mr. Anchor

Nov 11, 2020
    Male
    Mageor,rawrsaur
    Dark Knight, Bishop
    Asylum
    Sorry, I meant to describe this as an accident, instead of griefing, which is against ToS. Even though it might not happen often, this situation will surely occur at some point in time. Regardless, I shall modify the original post for more clarity.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. RegalStar

RegalStar Nightshadow

Sep 23, 2019
    Male
    11:01 AM
    DMsRebirth
    Even without deliberation, it's still liable to happen a lot from clerics just using heal to restore HP when they get hit while channel surfing.

4. Mageor

Mageor Mr. Anchor

Nov 11, 2020
    Male
    Mageor,rawrsaur
    Dark Knight, Bishop
    Asylum
    While we're on the topic of ToS, another potential issue that would lead to conflict would be killing another afk player on the stairs/pipe, which some could argue that the action falls under ToS Section 3.4 Griefing -intentionally causing someone's death. Though this could be easily avoided by afking in a safe map.

• Like Like x 1
  5. TORONTOTOKYO

TORONTOTOKYO Windraider

Oct 16, 2021
    11:01 PM
    u kid me. just bring out the pally mules. dont we all have one from the hammer mule days? KEK

6. Palladino

Palladino Master Chronos

Apr 26, 2020
    5:01 PM
    Paladin
    Funk
    NiseNise FYI: the rush skill for warriors appears to have been negatively affected by this change in an unintended way. Monsters now appear to be "ice skating" and/or teleporting back to their original position after being rushed. This bug occurs about 10% of the time on mobs you don't one hit ko. Should be very easy to replicate.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. Prcivl

Prcivl Red Snail

Jul 30, 2020
    Male
    11:01 AM
    Persai
    Shadower
    Seems like not allowing people to multiclient solves a lot of people's issues. No more 4 mage memory lane 1 farming, no more "every class is a mule except NL" or maybe restrict multiclient in bossing areas like it is done in event maps. Probably a very unpopular idea though. Don't mind me, just a random derp passing by.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    5:01 PM
    Moderator Post
    This again. People can just buy a second pc and multiclient anyway, making the game pay2win. Bought up so many times now, and turned down for the very same reasons.

This appears to be a bug that also occurred in the past according to footage I've seen from LinLin. We are currently resting, and then try to investigate this.

• Like Like x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  9. Lin

Lin Headless Horseman

Feb 27, 2017
    Male
    Singapore
    11:01 PM
    Linny,BangHero,Carbide
    Paladin
    Bonk
    Greetings, Legends news Xmas 2021 is out, enjoy.

• Great Work Great Work x 8
  10. Pupu

Pupu Blue Snail

Oct 5, 2021
    Male
    10:01 PM
    suPotco
    Assassin
    Nice works

• Like Like x 1
  11. Rapskal

Rapskal Chronos

Nov 1, 2017
    Male
    1:01 AM
    Rapskal
    Night Lord
    Lost
    What's the reasoning behind making ws/cs trade in for 80-100 coins instead of just 100?
    I've been thinking about it alot and I just can't figure out how this loss of coins would be economically beneficial, can someone explain for me

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    *Note: This is just my guess as to what staff's intention was with this mechanic*

With the implementation of mysterious pouches, the amount of chaos / white scroll in the server would go up a lot. If it goes up excessively, this would lead to a severe decrease in the price of these scrolls and result in extreme power creep. Easy access to CS / WS is one of the fastest ways to ruin a server. Hence, by having a 10% scroll tax on cs / ws obtained from gacha or events, you can balance out the increased supply from boss runs.

Its basically a safety measure to make sure the economy isn't ruined by too many chaos / white scrolls.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1