1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Medium Pink Bean Statues glitching: 2x/3x spawns, multiple stages at once, client de-sync & more

Discussion in 'Report Bugs' started by porl, Mar 20, 2022.

1. porl

porl Mixed Golem

May 30, 2020
    Male
    4:28 AM
    Bishop, Night Lord, Buccaneer
    Pasta
    Description of the bug: (optional screenshot/video): In last night PB, multiple statues glitched, including client de-sync seeing different icons & enemies alive on statues (more details below). Video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRJcJZItPyg
    What is supposed to happen?: Statues should be properly de-activate/de-summon after their HP is reduced to 0, before the next stage starts. All players should see same DR status icons & statues in the same game state & not de-sync. Statues should not spawn behind previously eliminated statues.
    Where did you find and/or notice this bug?: In pink bean
    A step-by-step guide to re-producing this bug (optional):
    Extra information (optional): See video + 2x screenshots & more detailed description below

Timestamps for the above video key moments:

00:00 Left Bird Aggro Breaks & @GM ticket is made
    00:36 Left Bird Aggro Fixed & @GM ticket marked completed
    01:08 Left Bird is glitched/duped
    01:28 People report seeing different DR icons
    02:08 Multiple DR's stacked on bird (duped bird?)
    02:27 DR's disappear one by one
    02:47 Same as above, 1 minute later
    03:15 Left man dies & gets duped?
    03:40 Different people report seeing left man alive & dead
    03:51 Left bird still bugged (duped?)
    04:28 Bird in front dies, leaving bird behind. left man still glitched
    04:59 Right man dies, but another bugged right man still there
    05:25 Phase ends, statues from different stages alive
    05:51 Boss HP bar flicking between different stages (notice colours)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Before maintenance, there was a PB run with some strange & unusual statue behaviour including:
    - statues duping,
    - people seeing different DR's on the same enemy,
    - people seeing different statues alive and/or dead (at the same time)
    - enemies from multiple stages being alive at same time (noted by HP bar irregularities)

It all resulted in a very calamitous run which couldn't be completed.

The first issue was the Bird not moving for an unusual time, which was @gm'd, fixed & marked as completed. I don't believe the GM was visible in-game, regardless the inactive bird was made active again. I have seen many GMs come into PB & resolve this exact issue with NO problems at all.

Shortly after this, the more strange & unusual glitches start to happen. There is a video showcasing the highlights from this run with the glitched behaviour showcased & timestamped.

I don't believe any subsequent GM ticket from this run was handled, or marked as cleared.

The main concern which a few people brought up to me (the host) is that they believe there may be a small possibility the GM's action on left bird has unknowingly modified the statues subsequent stages & behaviour, resulting in this unfortunate mess. Some clarification on this specific instance (shown in video above) would be greatly appreciated.

My runners & I are simply looking for some sort of clarification on what staff believe went wrong. Especially because with these glitches, over 100m+ of apple costs being sunk into what some believe could have been a result of GM intervention has people a bit miffed.

EDIT: I forgot to explicitly mention but I wasn't the one who did the @gm, another runner did, they sent me the screenshots & you can confirm their IGN in the video above.

• Great Work Great Work x 6
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Thuglifer

Thuglifer Capt. Latanica

Sep 1, 2021
    Male
    2:28 AM
    Beginner
    did u forget to shadow claw during part 1 or bug?

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    porl

porl Mixed Golem

May 30, 2020
    Male
    Pasta
    nah i forgot to use it, but that part isn't part of the bug report: it's irrelevant

4. kalash

kalash Headless Horseman

Oct 18, 2016
    Male
    8:28 PM
    Kalash
    Night Lord
    Halcyon
    I’m pretty sure the stage 4 statues just spawned twice, causing them to not die when the shared hp bar ran out (we killed the left man twice) and therefore starting stage 5 before all stage 4 statues were killed. Then we ended up with 3 sed birds because we didn’t get to killing the 2 sed birds in the 4th stage

5. Use1essC0W

Use1essC0W Slime

Sep 1, 2020
    Male
    2:28 AM
    Use1essC0W
    Buccaneer
    Not happened on me but happened twice at other runner in the same run.

Description of the bug
    : (optional screenshot/video): In last night PB, when banished, walk back to the portal at the left, the client disconnect instantly upon entering the portal.
    What is supposed to happen?: When banished, walk back to the portal at the left and you will return to the map
    Where did you find and/or notice this bug?: In pink bean

6. Edann

Edann Slimy Retired Staff

Oct 24, 2020
    9:28 PM
    Edann
    I/L Arch Mage
    Pasta
    The boss script duplicated when moving from phase 2 to 3.

None of us were contacted by staff to even just understand what happened during the run despite the tickets / smegas.
    [​IMG]

• Informative Informative x 2
  7. Selquin

Selquin Headless Horseman

May 28, 2018
    12:28 PM
    Serperior
    Bowmaster, Night Lord, Buccaneer
    Pasta
  8. iPippy

iPippy Nightshadow

May 19, 2019
    Male
    2:28 PM
    iPippy
    This just looks like the PB cleave buff people have been asking for.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    8:28 PM
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    Due to popular demand, we want to let you know that we have most definitely seen this post as soon as it was posted and are looking into the cause of it.
    I understand that people assume this was caused by GM intervention but I can assure you this was not the case

Appreciate the detailed report

• Informative x 5
    • Like x 3
    • Great Work x 3
    • Friendly x 1
    • Useful x 1
  10. OP
    OP
    porl

porl Mixed Golem

May 30, 2020
    Male
    Pasta
    ok ty, ill pass it on

11. mard

mard Mixed Golem Retired Staff

Jul 20, 2021
    Male
    1:28 PM
    Bumping this since this bug occurred today and no GM was able to help before we gave up.