1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Suggestion: why cant we have a global boss forever?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by soulreload, Jul 4, 2023.

Do you like the idea of making a permanent global boss?

Poll closed Jan 4, 2024.
  1. Yes

48.0%
  2. No

52.0%
  1. soulreload

soulreload Horny Mushroom

Nov 15, 2022
    Male
    10:44 AM
    Deschain
    Outlaw
    NewLeaf
    This is my first event with a global boss in maple legends and i cant stop thinking why cant we make something like this permanent!

The idea of having to farm items from normal monsters to summon a global boss that everyone is interested in doing because of "ap resets" and "rare gachapons" sounds very healthy to the game.

Of course the rewards would have to change, but i wouldnt mind doing it for just one ap reset or maybe like 2 rare gachapons... maybe a special chair if you killed the boss for 100+ times?

Also the number of "cakes" to be collected could be increased so it would be summoned with less frequency, and the monster could be changed to match a current season of the game.

Whats your opinion?

• Great Work Great Work x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Krythan

Krythan Nightshadow

Sep 2, 2022
    9:44 AM
    Krythan
    Bishop
    Sleepywood
    That could be fun!

I like the idea.

Even if the reward is a single gacha ticket.

Seeing everyone comes together at one time in one place really makes the game feel alive.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Jafel

Jafel Capt. Latanica

May 3, 2015
    Male
    3:44 PM
    KingSlime
    Outlaw
    Twice
    I don't like it :)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  4. CreamPuffDad

CreamPuffDad Timer

Jun 29, 2022
    Male
    9:44 PM
    xLianneBelle
    Dark Knight
    Bonerwood
    You've got my vote for this at least. A world boss that everyone can do, on a regular basis. The rewards will need to be enough to justify doing that over what they're currently doing though.

Like currently people straight up ditch zaks or pqs whenever they see the announcement. If the reward is reworked into a gacha ticket or two, it probably won't be any different from just another random, dead and quiet piece of content in maple.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    So many I keep forgetting
    I think it'd take the hype away from when we do have an event that includes a global boss, which I consider a bad thing :v

• Agree Agree x 6
  6. duski

duski Orange Mushroom

Dec 30, 2022
    Male
    MigueI
    Bishop
    Chroma
    would do it even for a small reward like 1 or 2 ap resets.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2023
  7. iPippy

iPippy Nightshadow

May 19, 2019
    Male
    iPippy
    I'd vote no, not without significant restructuring of the game. As much as I think Puff Daddy-like events are good for the community aspect and spectacle for the new player, they tend to overstay their welcome by the end of events.
    I think this year's puff daddy did a pretty decent job of highlighting its strengths as a side event, while simultaneously balancing being lucrative enough to entice players while not creating too much FOMO for missing out. Keeping it around outside of event periods will get old fast, however, and I additionally think it'd be much harder to "balance" it in a non-event setting.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    I think it might be a good idea, but in a way that everyone has similar damage if it is rewarded for damage, to be in a normal boss, that "green list" thing is bad

9. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    8:44 AM
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
    thats pink bean

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  10. Daydreamer

Daydreamer Headless Horseman

Jul 8, 2017
    Male
    6:44 AM
    I/L Arch Mage
    Wow I didn't know Pink Bean was open to everyone! You learn something new every day. I'll be coming to your next run then!

11. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    8:44 AM
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
    see you there! we need more volunteers ^_____________^

• Like Like x 2
  12. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    throw axes goes brrr

13. CreamPuffDad

CreamPuffDad Timer

Jun 29, 2022
    Male
    xLianneBelle
    Dark Knight
    Bonerwood
    W
    They could replace the global boss with the event boss for the duration of the event no? Would add some variety too.

14. OP
    OP
    soulreload

soulreload Horny Mushroom

Nov 15, 2022
    Male
    Deschain
    Outlaw
    NewLeaf
    Great suggestion, the standard global boss could give like 1 coupon that could be traded for one ap reset / gacha / apple... The event global boss would give better rewards like the current ones.

15. HollyCrap

HollyCrap Capt. Latanica

Jul 2, 2017
    Male
    HollyCrap
    Cleric
    I liked the idea!
    I also trust that the Balance Team can make it not so OP.

16. CreamPuffDad

CreamPuffDad Timer

Jun 29, 2022
    Male
    xLianneBelle
    Dark Knight
    Bonerwood
    And then keep the throw axe skill because the main characters doing that boss would probably be the ones going to hp wash. Would make an awesome way to make additional Apr that's not too excessive too, the chars now don't need to just save NX.

17. vampiredio

vampiredio Brown Teddy

May 22, 2019
    Washington
    6:44 AM
    cuppyteeth
    Buccaneer
    I also think this could be fun! But I would be worried about it losing its appeal / becoming another piece of content that is largely ignored. Maybe if it were similar to Monster Park in GMS where the rewards change every day it would be a little more interesting. IE: Monday could be AP resets, Tuesday could be gach tickets, maybe Saturday/Sunday could pull from the whole pool randomly, etc.

18. CreamPuffDad

CreamPuffDad Timer

Jun 29, 2022
    Male
    xLianneBelle
    Dark Knight
    Bonerwood
    I proposed the idea that way so that they could adopt current infrastructure basically wholesale. Changing the drop like that might require additional work from the team.

19. Pasta

Pasta Game Developer Staff Member Game Developer

Jul 18, 2017
    Male
    Pastaland
    Moderator Post
    These are pretty much our concerns with a permanent community-wide boss. It's a type of content that we would rather keep as a special occurrence, to maintain its novelty factor and the appeal it adds to the event it's part of.

On the other hand, as it's finally been upgraded to our new scripting standards, this type of "community collecting" content will see more usage in future events. The current version is still not perfect (mostly because we've been experimenting with multiple Cake instances in the same channel, which makes it easier for players to quickly pick a free slot, but apparently also brings a few unexpected glitches with it), but it will be corrected.

• Like Like x 3
  20. ryanlights

ryanlights Windraider

Jan 2, 2021
    Male
    Toronto, Canada
    Dark Knight, Bowmaster
    Prestigious
    jpq