1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Rework dragon roar

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Raso, Jul 6, 2023.

Rework dragon roar?

1. Yes, remove the hitting mobs

5 vote(s)
    12.2%
  2. Yes, replace the mob hitting with a buff

3 vote(s)
    7.3%
  3. No, its perfectly fine

33 vote(s)
    80.5%
  1. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    11:54 PM
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
    i don't think it's possible for that currently due to how drops work

• Useful Useful x 1
  2. Daydreamer

Daydreamer Headless Horseman

Jul 8, 2017
    Male
    9:54 PM
    I/L Arch Mage
    Why?

3. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
    gach is a universal drop, so it can drop from any monster, including bosses. nerf one map and farmers will just head to the next one. there's no shortage of maps tbh

• Useful Useful x 1
  4. Daydreamer

Daydreamer Headless Horseman

Jul 8, 2017
    Male
    I/L Arch Mage
    Again... the point is to nerf outliers. This is like saying you can't increase the cost of NLC pots because people will just move on to using Dews.

5. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
    trust me, that's just how the meta works

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  6. Luu

Luu Pac Pinky

May 15, 2021
    Male
    12:54 AM
    LuuBluum
    I/L Wizard
    There's no reason to suppose that the current strategies/maps for multiclient farming are significant outliers across all the possible strategies available. There's just no real reason to pursue lesser strategies so long as the most optimal strategy still works.

What's the net goal with all of these attempts to reduce multiclient farming strategies? At what point do you look at the state of affairs of the server and go "this is what I want it to look like"? If you can answer that, then it becomes easier to look at what is a problem, what isn't a problem, and what can be done about those problems. Without that, it just turns into "nerf this, nerf that" and no real direction as to why or what that accomplishes.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. TORONTOTOKYO

TORONTOTOKYO Windraider

Oct 16, 2021
    12:54 PM
    clearly roar was not considered when multimage nerfs were implemented. imagine roar unable to be macro-ed, 5-cast limit and nerfed drop rates.
    whats the next good aoe skill that is close?
    shad aoe? doesnt hit multi platform
    archer aoe? shitty avoid gets u knocked.
    sair aoe? has a CD
    hero aoe? shitty cast time
    pally aoe? needs mage finisher
    bucc aoe? NA
    nl aoe? NA

The best option next is shad and archers which are miles weaker.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Subterlabor

Subterlabor Headless Horseman

Mar 13, 2023
    10:54 PM
    SweatLord
    Bowmaster
    Toilet
    Does nothing when every channel in master chronos has 3 drks roaring at a time

9. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
    yep, it'll do exactly nothing

• Great Work Great Work x 1
  10. ralphjohnson

ralphjohnson King Slime

Oct 11, 2021
    Male
    Brazil
    1:54 AM
    RalphJhonson
    Dragon Knight, Buccaneer
    Favela
    I've been main DK for almost 3 years on this server and I wouldn't want to see such a change being made to Roar to remove the ability to hit monsters and switch to gaining buffs as suggested.

I believe this is not the best way to "make changes" to the skill since, in my view, it will harm those who use the skill to farm optimized NX, gacha, mesos, etc; but it will also negatively harm, again in my opinion, active players of this class.

Roar is already considered a core skill in the DKs class for its functionality to help control Berserk but it also has many other uses for main DKs during their journey in the game such as grinding, mainly from 80~100 or even more since I've seen active DK players grinding this skill on GS2, CDs, Manequins, WS. Not only for that but also as a card farm during your journey. In my experience it is a very useful skill also for endgame not only for the control of the berserk but for its ability to increase the DPM and even aggro and kill monsters and summons in expeditions of bosses like Zakum and HornTail, it also has aggro functionality to grind in 7F for example.

So I don't see such a change being good for the class in general, it would help to nerf people who use it for farming purposes but in my view it would harm an entire functional and well-established playstyle for people who play effectively with the DK class.

Besides that changing the functionality of hitting monsters to gain buffs doesn't have much functionality in my point of view since we normally rebuff buff skills regularly only in defined periods of time, so when time runs out or when we take dispel, which is not the Roar's case where, more towards the endgame, we use it more frequently to control Berserk, so what would be the purpose of Roar, Use it to gain buffs or use it to control HP?. Besides, I don't see what kind of buff would be plausible to add the skill since DKs have the Beholder skills in the 4th job which already provides almost all types of buffs (Avoid/Acc/WeapDef/MagicDef/WeapAtt) for the DK. It would have to be creative to assemble a new buff mechanic in a possible change in this presented segment.

Anyway, an alteration can and should be welcome but I don't think this would be the right way to do it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. iPippy

iPippy Nightshadow

May 19, 2019
    Male
    iPippy
    Give roar the like 30 damage from crusader shout and inability to actually kill like hh :sneaky:

12. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    First, we made summon farm mules (mages / archer) to abuse mannequin auto aggro.

Staff responded by nerfing summon drop rate by 80%.

Then, we made heavens hammer / dex bucc mules to optimize killing horntail.

Staff nerfed HH to 50k damage vs bosses and changed buccaneer avoid formula.

After, we made a bunch of mages to abuse temple of time safe spots and mass multimage farm.

Staff responded with sweeper mule nerfs, safe spot removal, and 5 cast limit.

Next, we made beginner DK mules with aura to mass farm gachapon with effectively 0 potion cost.

Staff reworked aura to not heal hp and forcefully removed the option to create beginner dks.

We continued to abuse DK mules and ate the increased costs.

What will staff do next, how will the players respond? Find out next time on dragon ball Z.

• Agree Agree x 12
    • Great Work Great Work x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  13. ralphjohnson

ralphjohnson King Slime

Oct 11, 2021
    Male
    Brazil
    1:54 AM
    RalphJhonson
    Dragon Knight, Buccaneer
    Favela
    Stun effect like Crusader Shout would be cool e.e
    DKs meta on CoreBlaze plz :)

14. TORONTOTOKYO

TORONTOTOKYO Windraider

Oct 16, 2021
    you give them work, and they give you work.
    it's a cycle of work.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Nadav1

Nadav1 King Slime

May 18, 2021
    Male
    7:54 AM
    Beginner
    you forgot to mention it took them 2 whole years to nerf TOT and it was so simple to fix.. don't accept roar nerf so fast. with BT sleeping probably somewhere in 2024.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. pharaoh

pharaoh Master Chronos

Mar 30, 2020
    Male
    Radiologist
    Marksman
    Beaters
    Why do you guys want to nerf gach farming? Are WS/CS too cheap?

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. TORONTOTOKYO

TORONTOTOKYO Windraider

Oct 16, 2021
    too expensive

18. zeroxlr

zeroxlr Windraider

Oct 11, 2020
    xxxxSnuggles
    Beginner, Camper, Islander
    :heartbeat:

/b/ me its oct 2020
    playing ML and trying to level up
    randos in forum keep saying ITS NERF OR NUTTING
    wth.jpg
    fast forward 8 months
    each and every viable class has been nerfed to poo
    gacha drop rates nerfed to poo
    items and equips prices soar to grindfest heights
    endgame perfected equips officially become unobtainable by normies
    fast forward 2 years
    try-hard-sweats still battle it out against keyboard-warrior-neck-beard-haters in forums
    2023 ML population plummets
    total server channels gets cut

still no storage on island
    ...as I camp and make marshmallows
    ...with my wooden club in hand, watching the sunset

33c59c9aa6a0bbc2c225e0b1d0f7446ddd49da0d32559fba1e8522b03211df80.jpg

lets all agree to stop it the nerfs :cool:
    unless everyone wants to nerf all classes till they're on par with beginners

Last edited: Jul 18, 2023
    • Great Work Great Work x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  19. Lirbo

Lirbo Slimy

Feb 18, 2017
    Male
    7:54 AM
    Kiss/Ciss/Qiss
    Night Lord
    ⚔️ Beaters
    What you are looking for is not a DK nerf but a solution to farming as a whole. So maybe instead of pointing fingers at the current farming meta we simply focus on the core "issue" here?
    (though I must say that my personal opinion is if you are jealous of the farming income why won't you simply do it yourself?)

I do not believe that nerfing the DKs will do any good. Nobody wants to play this class currently becauase of its bad state in the meta and nerfing them further won't help it. Hopefully the redemption of this class will come with the HP Challenges as the new unwashed players will require HB for most bosses.

Anyway, as fartsyfartsy previously mentioned; people will simply move on to the next thing, and nerfing this class will simply leave its players angry and frustrated.

Now let's say farming is being overall nerfed, say an overall gacha decrease from mobs, that means getting White Scrolls and Chaos Scrolls will be even more difficult than it already is (and as a 2016 player I'm telling you the market is in shambles).
    Such an overall nerf will require a compensation through bosses. For example a significant Pouch drop rate increase for all bosses. This means bossing (and leeching) will be the primary ways to make money and farming will be out of the picture.

However one must remember that such changes will always come with side effects such as Sky Ski price increase etc... after all, the only way to get such items is through Gachapons.
    (Unless the bossing buff will be frequent Rare Gachapon drops i.e 3~6 rare gacha per Zakum)

Last edited: Jul 19, 2023
    • Great Work Great Work x 2
  20. TORONTOTOKYO

TORONTOTOKYO Windraider

Oct 16, 2021
    the next big thing is shad but its single platform aoe and certainly doesnt qualify as FMA.