1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Should Aufheben EV Be Higher?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gurk, Nov 19, 2023.

Tags:

Should Auf EV be buffed?

1. Yes

33 vote(s)
    75.0%
  2. No

11 vote(s)
    25.0%
  1. TORONTOTOKYO

TORONTOTOKYO Windraider

Oct 16, 2021
    1:34 AM
    it would shift the meta class to pally, bucc and heroes.

2. OP
    OP
    Gurk

Gurk Nightshadow

Mar 9, 2020
    Male
    10:34 AM
    Gxrk
    Hero, Bishop, Marksman, Shadower, Buccaneer, Corsair
    Baking the potential for svc into the EV to justify the current profitability of Auf is a curious move to me as it's something that I never see done for other bossing content for comparative purposes in balance discussions and comparisons to leech/farming. If we did the same for other content such as CWKPQ, Scarga and HT for consistency's sake, we would arrive at ~33m splits for 3-man CWK, ~40m splits for solo scarga, and 38m/48m (reg/afk) splits for 5-man HT, all of which are comparable or greater than that of Auf (and especially so if we say that helm svc price would need to drop to 70-80m to meet demand). One could even make the argument that bossing is almost just as good as leech from these numbers but I think most would agree that using these figures would be misleading given the availability of buyers.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2023
    • Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  3. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    7:34 PM
    So many I keep forgetting
    Practice mode in bosses when

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Lin

Lin Headless Horseman

Feb 27, 2017
    Male
    Singapore
    Linny,BangHero,Carbide
    Paladin
    Bonk
    Yes, it's called going in with the intention of not clearing MapleF1

5. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    While its true others do not count services into the expected value of a boss kill, practically speaking only AUF and Pink bean drop end game untradable unique items.

MON can be endgame if chaosed, but is typically a waste of resources, and TL pendant outperforms HTP, and Auf helmet outperforms every other helmet.

So it would make sense for players to value these drops more than the drops from other bosses that are not end game.

6. beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    While that’s the case, I actually agree with Gurk more in this case that Scar, Zak, and HTP buyers are readily available while TLP and Auf buyers are few and far between. It makes sense to bake in the profits from buyers in HTP, Zak, and Scar because it’s realistically possible to get a buyer almost every single run for those bosses.

7. iPippy

iPippy Nightshadow

May 19, 2019
    Male
    1:34 PM
    iPippy
    Timeless pendant is nice, but claiming players are running pb because of the pendant's "endgame value" is a large misrepresentation. If all of pb value was in the pendant, then it would be just as dead as auf as the runner pool dips once players get their pendant. I wouldn't have kept running after getting my pendant, and more likely, I wouldn't have been been able to keep a squad long enough to actually get that pendant in the first place.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Mirrors

Mirrors Zakum Retired Staff

Jul 15, 2019
    Female
    Mirrors
    WeenieHutJrs
    Make Auf drop pouch 4 instead of 3! I can literally afk and Zak for pouch 3 while folks be fighting for their life in auf to get the same pouch feels criminal!

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. brunandes

brunandes Windraider

Aug 29, 2021
    Thats because buyers are out of lvl range. If you raise only look at buyers 135+ for scar/zak and 155+ for htp there aren't that many.

The difference is that for all the other services, you are helping to provide a lower lvl player with an item thats kinda OP for their lvl. For auf, every service you sell, you are jus consciously rejecting the buyer as a runner.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Hosts have no obligation to invite you if your roster spot comes at an expense (i.e., buyer slot, stronger attacker). Actually, I think hosts have an obligation to make sure their runners are being given the best opportunity possible (highest EV, strongest comp). So if you're considered a liability, there are ways to leverage your position - whether that's externally through social credit or internally by subsidizing apples, offering to apple yourself, etc. People just haven't taken to it because it's easier to complain about something being unbalanced over going out and finding solutions for yourself.

I heard being fun in voice chat is highly sought out for in a lot of these Auf groups.

And if all else fails, host one yourself.

• Agree Agree x 7
  11. beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    I mean you could make the same argument for mages and HTP. The majority of HT hosts will not seriously consider bringing a mage to the run despite HTP being the best mage necklace for the large majority of mages, and your only option to get one as a mage is often times buying instead of running. Most people don't really have an issue with this being the meta.

12. brunandes

brunandes Windraider

Aug 29, 2021
    Yea and most mages end up not getting a htp. Mages not being viable in ht is an issue, it is just the accepted meta bcause ppl stopped giving a shit anymore.

13. beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    As a host I generally build my runs for one of two things:
    1. Run Speed
    2. Getting drunk in VC

Which means you either need to be cracked strong and not a liability in terms of DPM, or a lot of fun to hang out with in VC.

14. beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    On the flip side, NLs aren't unviable in Auf, they're just hard to build a roster around, especially due to the lack of competent, washed, strong archers. This is also the accepted meta because there's unfortunately just way more NLs on the server than can possibly fit into an Auf squad as I mentioned before. The server is too NL heavy to support enough runs for every NL to get a chance to run, which means you need to either be incredibly strong, leverage social capital, host yourself, or subsidize your spot on the run somehow (perhaps through apples).

15. Tarnished

Tarnished Pac Pinky

Jun 13, 2022
    Male
    Confessor, Tarnished, Hawthorn
    Hero
    Boss can only be balanced if tier list looks like this
    [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Great Work Great Work x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  16. beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    tbh server demographics aside, NLs would actually probably be quite good in Auf if there were more strong MMs who could pull their weight, but strong MMs are even more rare than strong Sairs.

17. brunandes

brunandes Windraider

Aug 29, 2021
    I mean, if you see it as balanced this way... fwiw if the boss is made more inclusive the EV will naturally go up since the demand for auf scrolls will go up from your non-cracked and low social capital NLs.

18. beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    Honestly weak NLs with no social capital will struggle to get on to any run not just Auf. That's not an Auf problem, that's a 'there's too many NLs' problem. There's no point running with weak NLs in PB or HT when there's infinite strong NLs.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    I think that's just a you perspective. Most mages I know have HTP because they also run bosses and are able to loot for free with their groups. I don't think 12 man HT groups would be opposed letting a stronger mage on their run either, especially if there were additional social aspects to it like it being a guild/alliance run. Again, it all boils down to social credit and what you bring to the table. If all else fails, you can buy the pendant or host your own run.

Just because some things aren't meta doesn't mean it needs fixing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. brunandes

brunandes Windraider

Aug 29, 2021
    Getting off topic to this thread but this is just nonsense. Mages not being viable bossers is a widely acknowledged issue, don't try to act like it is not. Most mages are just used for farming, why would you need a htp if you already can 1hit everything you need?