1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

A Sweaty Journal...

Discussion in 'MapleLegends Journeys' started by Subterlabor, Nov 2, 2023.

1. Krythan

Krythan Nightshadow

Sep 2, 2022
    4:59 PM
    Krythan
    Bishop
    Reset
  2. OP
    OP
    Subterlabor

Subterlabor Headless Horseman

Mar 13, 2023
    2:59 PM
    SweatLord
    Bowmaster
    Toilet
    This has been hectic busy IRL and I have been so busy trying to get by I've been slacking on this.

HB Mule - DONE
    HS Mule - DONE
    30k NL/MU Mule Base Int - DONE
    Future 30k/5k Paladin Base Int - DONE
    Arch Mage - MP Wash STARTED

Bishop - Leveled
    Bowmaster - Leveled

Now that my Pally/AM/NL are all level 90 I can casually level them as I sell leech at Ulu2. Between the chars leeching them thus far I've managed to loot around 45-55m in raw meso off the ground between all of them. Convenient since now I can just buy the 10m scroll for 4th job instead of moving meso from my BM.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I've spent a shit ton of my money sadly. We are broke. I've been so busy lately I sank a decent amount into leech mainly through the aids Gs2 levels. (LOL RIP fartsy) Once I reached WR's I got them to 90 within about 1.5 days. I also invested around 450m into my mage since this will be my main money printer in a few weeks/months through Petri leech. Since I plan on duo Petri+Ulu2 with my Bishop+A/M I need 2 full sets of mage gear. Wands, shields and gloves were scarce at the time on the market, so I got a new
    [​IMG]
    and
    [​IMG]

I wanted a 25-30 int overall so I could further upgrade my bishop but this will do for now. My bishop isn't ready for it's destiny as a 9k/30k 1h dark, Mw30 HT bishop anyways, It "only" needs around 2.6m nx for that day to come. Eventually it will have better gear, the mask is a start.

My BM got a few small
    [​IMG]
    with this event, and some lucky rng in cwkpq+event raffle, my damage range is starting to look healthy.

Although we managed to boom a very nice
    [​IMG]
    The quest for a 45-50+stat overall continues on for another day. I crafted it kind of impulse when I saw a trash reverse overall for 15m (cheap asf) scrolls were pass+fail+boom, all 30%. Sigh

That's all for now. Busy busy busy back to work

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 24, 2023
    • Great Work Great Work x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  3. OP
    OP
    Subterlabor

Mar 13, 2023
    SweatLord
    Bowmaster
    Toilet
    oh, yes I also soloed Zak. twice LOL. I had to run my bishop fulltime after 2nd body because of the spawns, so I was running BM as attacker, then bish to boom mobs constantly(two computers running both chars as same time)

2nd run was much much better on wc's which directly helped my clear time.

Did it for the sake of Nostalgia, because if a OG player could solo Zak that was the "determining" factor on how pro he was (lol)

Both runs 5 apples each, first run had echo at start, 2nd run no echo. 1st run 1hr10min 2nd run 1hr 00min. 0 coins, absolute ass drops. ggs

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 24, 2023
    • Great Work Great Work x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  4. OP
    OP
    Subterlabor

Mar 13, 2023
    SweatLord
    Bowmaster
    Toilet
    Not much to say, happy times :)

Looks at BM guide for first time ever to figure out what to level next...

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 25, 2023
    • Great Work Great Work x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    10:59 PM
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    Sweatlord finally starting to live up to his ign, this is the content I been waiting for

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. OP
    OP
    Subterlabor

Mar 13, 2023
    SweatLord
    Bowmaster
    Toilet
    You spaghetti people always attack and compliment in the same sentence. The delivery is impressive. Thank you (I think)

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  7. OP
    OP
    Subterlabor

Mar 13, 2023
    SweatLord
    Bowmaster
    Toilet
    AinzAinz

Didn't ask for it but challenge accepted. No apples, sub 2hr20min
    Am I allowed bishop to clear mobs?
    [​IMG]

8. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    10:59 PM
    So many I keep forgetting
    As a ranged attacker I could see why you'd bring a bish to clear mobs! Wouldn't be a full-on solo tho :')

Regardless, I'm expecting you to still beat my pace by a long shot. Feel free to use the bish, it'd be very tedious if you don't, I imagine.

Best of luck! Definitely wasn't my intention to one-up you :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. OP
    OP
    Subterlabor

Mar 13, 2023
    SweatLord
    Bowmaster
    Toilet
    "Full-on solo" coming soonTM might be hard to beat that time with mobs on a BM x.x

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. OP
    OP
    Subterlabor

Mar 13, 2023
    SweatLord
    Bowmaster
    Toilet
    damn NL's, always waiting for them. smh

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  11. OP
    OP
    Subterlabor

Mar 13, 2023
    SweatLord
    Bowmaster
    Toilet
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  12. OP
    OP
    Subterlabor

Mar 13, 2023
    SweatLord
    Bowmaster
    Toilet
    [​IMG]

• Great Work Great Work x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  13. OP
    OP
    Subterlabor

Mar 13, 2023
    SweatLord
    Bowmaster
    Toilet
    Now that anyone that read through that has lost 1/4 of their functional brain cells, I've been extremely busy IRL the past few weeks. My days off have been spent sleeping for 10-15hrs/day to catch up from the past week(s)
    Work is busiest for trains typically during winter months, but it will slow a bit during christmas/new years. Maybe I will get time then

Will update this once I have actual time. Merry Christmas everyone

• Great Work Great Work x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. RemiIia

RemiIia Mr. Anchor

Jan 25, 2019
    Female
    1:59 PM
    ⚜RemiIia Scarlet⚜
    Night Lord
    ⚜Scarlet⚜
    best wishes friend~
    - Raphiel

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. OP
    OP
    Subterlabor

Mar 13, 2023
    SweatLord
    Bowmaster
    Toilet
    When I first hit 135 on my Bowmaster I constantly found myself getting ignored trying to join Zak/Krex due to being the "bare minimum" to enter as a low level. Frustrated and stuck, over time I began hosting my own content instead, eventually learning and diving into AFK Zak. I was hosting AFK Zak so often and consistently (with the help of some very skilled pog friends+guildies) that I was constantly having random people who heard of me from other buyers whispering me for helms. At one point I was seemingly well known in the "Zak helm buyer world" (is that a thing?) This helped develope my confidence and skillset as a host, to understand what each class is capable of, and where the appropriate times are to be assertive, or authorative when there are pressing issues growing.

Over time with my work/home life becoming more and more busy I tapered down on how much AFK Zak I was doing, but always appreciated the min maxing of party configurations. Providing the guidance to my runners to properly execute clean proper services gave me a small amount of appreciation for the game mechanics.

As time went on and I found myself funding a bottomless money pit that is my now bishop (Dexedrine) I slowly began hosting more and more cwkpq 4 man runs, giving as many MoN's as I could out to my alliance, and teaching some up and coming Toilet enjoyers how some boss mechanics work in cwk, pushing my alliance members to try out cwkpq. Some of these runners are successful hosts of their own now ;proud dad;

For months I've been wanting, and talking among my friends about attempting to host HT, but I've always lacked the knowledge. To date I think I've ran less than 10 runs (10x2) as an attacker, and only 1x2 as a 152 bishop to help a friend. It's been a topic of conversation for months, but I didn't think I was ready yet.

Well with the help of some very fun, talented people I hosted a 10 man yesterday finally. First run was extremely smooth, only having to intervene a few times on minor things, and only 1 irrelevant death in the run (ressing was no issue). Ht blessed us with Mw40, and 33 coins from the Christmas pouch. Estimated profits 70-80m to each runner~

[​IMG]

Run 2 had some unfortunate deaths on legs/tail which burnt our res reserves (no bucc in run for TL) which kind of snowballed later in the run, sadly taking me as a casualty. As I was passing our (new) sed target party lead I got doubletapped in the popup window before I could react to heal however thankfully the remaining runners cleared with plenty of time left. Estimated profits - sub 5mill/each. Rip.

[​IMG]

I'll take the lessons into the future, and become better, to prepare ourselves more. These small mistakes are trivial to experienced hosts, but for me could cause a run to fail. I've had very little guidance and rely heavily on my runners and experience observing the enviroment in my past runs as an attacker. I just wish the small mistakes didn't hurt so damn bad everytime :mad: Unwashed BM life is rough as hell, 2 hits = dead. The overwhelming success in run 1, into dying in run 2 had me feeling like I failed the party. Realistically I analyzed this run over and over, and the only thing I would have done differently is focus more on bringing a bucc in. 10 mans are forgiving, but TL was on my mind constantly as I went into this run, especially considering we were cleave heavy in sed party. I had 3-4 attackers back out in the last 30mins before start time so my very balanced "excel parties" became lob sided, leaving party 2 with considerably more supporting buffs. There was nothing I could do at the time due to 3 runners being HB dependant.

Overall I don't specifically desire to host 10-12 man runs, this was a proof of concept for me.

I have been chasing my own dpm records in HT for months, passing 5m, 5.3m, 5.6m slowly creeping to 6m without the use of apples, shad mules, or borrowed gear. (not a shot at you thats my rules)

The party for my personal rules must be considered standard or within reason of a normally configured HT party, 1 shad (sed) 1 bish, 1-2 cleave, 2-3 range

My current project is in the works, and we are figuring out a strategy, since there are no write ups for it, however I'm extremely excited for oppurtunity to host this. I'm honored to be in the circle of so many capable and nutty friends that are willing to trust in my abilities. As a host I really push for freedom of expression, I want people to be able to experiment without pressure, and most importantly have fun.

Huge thank you to all the people that made this 10 man happen. You all know who you are ^_^

I look forward to making our current project materialize after talking about it for so many months, before we were even doing 2/3/4/5 man Zak runs, but now we're planning it. Small things for big time hosts, big things for small time friends trying to prove a concept within our group

Thank you to everyone who has given me these small tips, given guidance, allowed me to experiment in their runs, and agreed to test these dumb theories with me. It's been so much fun managing to clear these runs, I really am thankful for all the help you've given along the way~

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 31, 2023
    • Great Work Great Work x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  16. ryanlights

ryanlights Windraider

Jan 2, 2021
    Male
    Toronto, Canada
    Dark Knight, Bowmaster
    Prestigious
    when are you remake bm

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. OP
    OP
    Subterlabor

Mar 13, 2023
    SweatLord
    Bowmaster
    Toilet
    Once Bow 30 hit 10m

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. OP
    OP
    Subterlabor

Mar 13, 2023
    SweatLord
    Bowmaster
    Toilet
    I really expected this to be harder. The first thing most people said when I showed them the party composition was "no NL's?" which is why we focused a specific plan to prioritize mid head dpm during the body stage.

Overall this was much much easier to host than a conventional 10-12 man. Projected splits 80-90m/runner if factoring coins value. :)

R>Sed bish for 10 man tomorrow f3

Mid head/Left head within 10 seconds of eachother by using a strategy to focus mid head dpm with 2x BM 1x Bucc 1x Shad 1x Drk 1x Bish (actual god)

3 gelts used on legs/tail to boost odds of buyer surviving through heavy damage stage. Maybe wasnt needed?
    Buyer died 1x to DP
    Runner died 1x because he got lost and walked into mid head KEKW
    [​IMG]

1 gelt used on leg/tail (Didn't ask him to, we opted to maintain HT buff and evaluate run later assuming it would equal higher overall dpm)

Sed target died 1x because he is unwashed, and bish was stuck in gen cast/darks control when asked to help heal him. I used some advice post run with a friend and opted to push arms harder during double cancels after wings dropped. Once all heads died LA started mass sed after 40 seconds of dpm, RA started 45 seconds into 6 man dpm. It worked great
    to continue doing dpm until the edge of mass during double cancel using a few tricks to evaluate arms HP/tolerance. I was wanting to push both RA and LA for 20 seconds more each but chose to be safer instead.
    [​IMG]

Hosting anything is so much easier with knowledgeable, stronk people. I barely had to do anything, we made a plan at the start, mostly followed that plan, and it worked excellent

Last edited: Jan 7, 2024
    • Great Work Great Work x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  19. OP
    OP
    Subterlabor

Mar 13, 2023
    SweatLord
    Bowmaster
    Toilet
    Another run today, was supposed to be 10 man but had so many up+coming alliance members I expanded to 12 instead. Lots of deaths as expected, many of the runners were very very new to HT, some of them first time runners LOL

To make things interesting first run was Wings/LA start since we were mainly ranged I wasn't worried about wc on heads, and with so many hb dependant attackers it was safer for wings to die asap

I've been having too much fun with this, we've been getting some hilarious clips from one of my runners recording (this was not planned it was coincidence)
    Also rip Tom Im posting for the funny you're a casualty of this

https://youtu.be/7iiDAxO8hKQ?si=Au5VTAS5OQP0RTPC

Last edited: Jan 8, 2024
    • Great Work Great Work x 2
  20. ryanlights

ryanlights Windraider

Jan 2, 2021
    Male
    Toronto, Canada
    Dark Knight, Bowmaster
    Prestigious