1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Display a message when someone used high att pots like Onyx Apple

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Kirisame, Feb 18, 2024.

1. Palladino

Palladino Master Chronos

Apr 26, 2020
    1:16 AM
    Paladin
    Funk
    Not @Milkydoor’s full cider runs though!!!

• Agree Agree x 4
  2. beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    4:16 PM
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    I think a feature like this is most helpful with brand new runs trying to establish themselves. With runs that have been consistently clearing, there’s enough trust between everyone that the run will clear and there’s no issues.

Whenever a new run tries to get off the ground, there’s not always that same level of faith that everyone has in the run and the runners. Especially with untested first time runners, the odds that a brand new run created from scratch will fail is generally quite high; and as such there’s a lot of incentive to not use apples so that you’re not wasting resources.

Part of a hurdle new squads must overcome is everyone having enough faith to bite the bullet, eat the apples, and clear. In a perfect world, everyone plays well and trusts each other, but we live in a reality where that’s not always the case. Im sure many veteran PB runners remember experiences where they’re adamantly telling people multiple times during a run “guys please just apple I promise you we can clear this run.” A feature like this would be extremely helpful in bypassing that potential lack of faith and forcing everyone to go all-in.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    Perhaps not in its current state, but i am certain that this suggestion would have significantly helped the run when it was first starting out. When the run first starts, the situation is very similar to what blen mentioned above, and i think its arrogant to say that skimping was never a problem for you in the first place. You just solved it organically over time by building trust with your runners.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    6:16 PM
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
    in a failed run, the skimper has the highest splits. it's the skimpers' dilemma

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    And to add to this, the run stayed alive largely due to how persistent the hosts Milky and Ramon were / are and how much people trust and respect them in general, even outside of PB. Not all runs have such hosts; runs have died to this issue.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2024
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. Edann

Edann Slimy Retired Staff

Oct 24, 2020
    2:16 AM
    Edann
    I/L Arch Mage
    Pasta
    this is a campaign against Edann Olympics

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  7. OP
    OP
    Kirisame

Kirisame Selkie Jr.

Jul 5, 2018
    7:16 AM
    Peke
    Night Lord
    Pigu
    What is Edann Olympics?

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    secret esoteric knowledge

• Agree Agree x 4
  9. yurain

yurain Windraider

Dec 30, 2019
    YUrain
    I/L Wizard
    I don't think this is bad. But it does risk the micro shift in human behaviour that is hard to anticipate, yet very damaging.
    As we all know, what some deem as a non toxic joke can be viewed very differently by others.

But might want to consider displaying non personalised data like, totally number of apples/pies used per run.
    Though this means the host have to keep track with ress number and timer to ensure reappling is done properly, might be too much work.

10. TORONTOTOKYO

TORONTOTOKYO Windraider

Oct 16, 2021
    it opens up the possibility of further optimised runs (i.e. cutting people).

11. OP
    OP
    Kirisame

Kirisame Selkie Jr.

Jul 5, 2018
    Peke
    Night Lord
    Pigu
    My inital goal is for transparency and honesty, and simplify host's work.
    There are 4 conditions in total:
    1. Claiming to use apple and actually use apple (good)
    2. Not claiming to use apple and actually not use apple (good)
    3. Not claiming to use apple but actually use apple (ok)
    4. Claiming to use apple but actually not use apple (bad)
    Maybe people want some privacy on condition 3?

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Subterlabor

Subterlabor Headless Horseman

Mar 13, 2023
    5:16 PM
    SweatLord
    Bowmaster
    Toilet
    It would be good to know as a host for sneaky runners when people decide to apple and start hitting wings/arms due to cancels.

Judging arms HP is a very delicate task and a strong dpm+apple can tip the scales right into mass sed.. Either apple or don't, I don't ask people to unless it's an emergency which doesn't happen in 12 man HT. It only might be a factor for 6 man runs because of the brutal lag+d/c spikes that keep claiming me and/or my runners mid run *cough* 2 d/c in my 6 man today

7 channels again when?

13. yurain

yurain Windraider

Dec 30, 2019
    YUrain
    I/L Wizard
    There is the potiential of damaging impact on the social interaction between players as I quoted below.
    It might cause unnecessary toxicity that doesn't exist before.
    Despite the good intention, you can't account human interaction with a simple workflow.
    It is a delicate balance of trust between the host and runners now, I don't see any need to upset it.

14. OP
    OP
    Kirisame

Kirisame Selkie Jr.

Jul 5, 2018
    Peke
    Night Lord
    Pigu
    Yes I'm aware of that, and beegorattobeegoratto did a great job answering these concerns.
    IMO displaying apple messages is better than asking runners to post their dpm screenshots.

15. mard

mard Mixed Golem Retired Staff

Jul 20, 2021
    Male
    6:16 PM
    Bumping this suggestion in hopes that this can be addressed in the upcoming patch.

• Great Work Great Work x 7
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. Pasta

Pasta Game Developer Staff Member Game Developer

Jul 18, 2017
    Male
    Pastaland
    Moderator Post
    We'd like to experiment a bit on this suggestion, so we set up a system that will likely go live during the upcoming patch.

After discussing the comments in this thread, this is what we have prepared:
    • "Potion logging" will only be available in expeditions. It will consist of a chat message, sent to all players of an expedition, whenever a member uses a potion with weapon and/or magic attack greater than 59. This means that it will include buffs that are at least strong as Heartstoppers.
    • The chat message is a blue-text notice in the format "[timestamp] PlayerName used ItemName."
    • The host of an expedition will be able to toggle logging on/off, during the player registration phase, with an extra option in the npc window.
      [​IMG]
    • The toggle will be communicated as a pink-text chat notice to the whole map.
    • Players will be able to see whether the logging is currently set on/off, again in the squad npc window.
    • Each player will also have the ability to individually toggle the chat message displaying for themselves, for now via a command: if toggled off, the player will no longer receive the blue-text notice neither about themselves nor about others.
      • Their own potion usage notice, however, will still be sent to whoever has the setting enabled.
      • This toggle can be done at any time, even during the expedition fight.

We are aware that this system has the potential to cause drama and negativity, which is why we will monitor this once it hits live, and we might remove/alter it if it'll prove to be troublesome.

Also, while it's currently a system handled via chat messages, if it'll prove to be worth keeping it will be upgraded to a more polished (and less chat-invasive) system, in the future.

I won't mark this suggestion as accepted yet, as I'd like to wait for some feedback on this proposed first implementation, for now.
    Thanks!

• Great Work Great Work x 24
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    Seems like a waste of dev time for something that users should be able to handle amongst themselves.

• Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  18. Ferluci

Ferluci Zakum Retired Staff

Jul 27, 2017
    Male
    Ferluci
    Bishop
    Watch people get put on a blacklist for not using their pots

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. Pasta

Pasta Game Developer Staff Member Game Developer

Jul 18, 2017
    Male
    Pastaland
    Moderator Post
    I'd agree with the dev time part, if it wasn't a quick change that I implemented while unwinding from other patch-related work.
    99% of the work was already in place due to the squad system rework we made some time ago.

• Like Like x 4
    • Great Work Great Work x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  20. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    That's good to hear, I still disagree with the implementation due to it being another handholdy feature that this server already has too much of imo but your time was my main concern.

• Friendly Friendly x 4