1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Warrior Advice.

Discussion in 'Help & Advice' started by Apocryphal, Apr 7, 2024.

1. Apocryphal

Apocryphal Red Snail

Mar 25, 2024
    Male
    7:41 AM
    Taciturnus
    Hello! I reached level 30 with my warrior today and am struggling to decide my path. From a quick read about the skill lines and other posts around here that asked a similar question, I think I'm leaning most toward the Spearman line, but some of the folk around here also sold the Page line really well.

For a bit more context, I'm a rather casual player with little to no intent of washing or anything of the sort, and I'd say that with this character I'm more about hurting than anything else. I also play mostly solo but do wish to participate in PQs or boss hunts in the future. Any tip or advice is welcome, including what skills to focus on after advancing.

2. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    1:41 AM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    to play warrior, you lose a lot by not washing (and it's very easy), with the challenges you can play dk without the wash, for page it's more difficult because you lack some content in the earlie game, But the cool thing is that you always play with what you like

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. fael

fael Nightshadow

Jun 8, 2020
    Male
    Fael
    Night Lord
    SURRA
    i would say you dont know wash works and youre kinda afraid of it, am i right?
    its an easier path imo. dks are great for starters and casual players. if you ever change your mind in the future and start to be a sweaty player, you will use ur dk as hb mule for long time aswell.
    paladins are awesome too!! i would say they are in a better spot than dks right now (we never knoe about what can come on balance changes), and theyre really good specially after 16x, so you better not give up before that

Last edited: Apr 7, 2024
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  4. OP
    OP
    Apocryphal

Apocryphal Red Snail

Mar 25, 2024
    Male
    Taciturnus
    Not exactly. I definitely do not understand it 100%, but I simply have no intention of going through this process right now. I was under the impression that it wasn't a must, is the character effectively useless/undesirable if I do not do it?

Either way, how are paladins different from DKs? What are they better/worse at, etc?

5. Kirisame

Kirisame Selkie Jr.

Jul 5, 2018
    12:41 PM
    Peke
    Night Lord
    Pigu
    Playing casually means you'd have enough NX to wash every level.
    Don't worry about INT gears, just add 80 base INT and you will be fine.
    (You will get 8 extra MP each level, and +HP -MP +STR twice for every level)

DK is the easiest to wash among the 3 warroirs, but the most challenging to play.
    Learn about berserk and ML tweaks before choosing your path.
    https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/dark-knight-skill-changes.47221/

But I feel currently there are more end game contents for Paladins than DKs or Heros.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2024
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. fael

fael Nightshadow

Jun 8, 2020
    Male
    Fael
    Night Lord
    SURRA
    nope, you can go without wash, dont worry. you will reach max hp (30k) in the end, same for washing. its just that:
    1. the challenges arent ready yet
    2. we dont know how hard the quests will be
    3. you would reach 30k at 180 as a paladin, for example
    challenges are perfectly fine and you will be able to do everything, but im almost sure that washing is way easier FOR WARRIORS. specially cuz youre casual player as you said, so you wont have problems with NX

7. HolyPaladin

HolyPaladin Orange Mushroom

Feb 29, 2024
    Male
    11:41 PM
    Holypaladin
    Paladin
    I’d say raise base Int to 100 and just PQ your way up that’s what I’m doing and with minimal int gear and mw30 I’m able to pretty much wash all 5 fresh ap into hp than take out MP for main stat it’s like playing a blood warrior but better!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Danny

Danny Slimy

Apr 30, 2015
    Male
    Israel
    ZerkMania
    Dark Knight
    Active
    You can have 40 base int as a warrior, you also need to max your hp increase 1st job skill as early as possible, and you're good for washing, you'll get some extra int gear anyways like zhelm, dep star and etc, the thing with drks is that you need to know how to zerk properly so it's less " brain dead swinging" like a hero or a pala, I really enjoy it tho and would have no prob giving tips for it

9. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    11:41 PM
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
    zerk is incredibly braindead swinging wdym

• Creative Creative x 1
  10. Subterlabor

Subterlabor Nightshadow

Mar 13, 2023
    10:41 PM
    SweatLord
    Bowmaster
    Toilet
    Paladins are better off, have better QoL, but fartsyfartsy loved drk so much he made 4 or 5 of them now I can't remember. So he must be a big fan

• Creative Creative x 1
  11. OP
    OP
    Apocryphal

Apocryphal Red Snail

Mar 25, 2024
    Male
    Taciturnus
    I hope this doesn't come across as snarky or ungrateful, but I'm incredibly amused by how many of the comments focus on washing despite me specifically mentioning I am not interested in this at the moment. I will admit that I'm a lot less against the idea thanks to that, but even if I will wash I'm still far from it. Guess I'll get INT to 40 or something till then, not sure. It's a bit of a sacrifice of stats early on, no?

In any case, I'm still torn between DK and Paladin. The whole idea of berserk for DK really intrigues me, and at the same time, I feel like Paladins can inflict absurd amounts of violence which is what I seek to do. Any further thoughts on that?

Could you elaborate on how are they better off and how better is their QoL?

Could you elaborate on that? Unless I'm missing something, isn't voting the only source of NX? I don't feel like I do that enough.

12. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    6:41 AM
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    It's with the assumption that you do vote daily, even on days you are not playing. It should help to accumulate enough NX to keep up with your leveling speeds.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. xiaoyaoz

xiaoyaoz Balance Team Staff Member Balance Team

Jul 17, 2020
    Male
    5:41 AM
    It's important that you play the game how you find it interesting because that will keep you playing the game longer.
    Most people will recommend you washing because that's the best pathway focusing on reaching high level bossing with the best character potential in trade of a worse early levelling experience, but often overlooked that new players have to play through the early levels with little help..
    Building an optimised character will take time and knowledge to achieve, and most people don't even reach that within the first character they played..
    You sound like you'll be enjoying some fantasy playing and I'm guessing you'll enjoy better casually exploring and levelling..
    My advice is to just not bothered about washing until maybe like level 80, and if you do find yourself liking the game a lot, then maybe try learning what washing is, then you can decide whether you would like to make a better character..
    This next advice is very important, but you need to vote on a separate account to accumulate nx in case you want to remake a better character, even if you don't, it still can be use for owls and whatnot which will benefit your gameplay later in game..

Coming back to paly vs dk, I think one important question is also how casual you'll be playing, because dk will have new skills to use in 3rd job but paly will still be power striking all the way until 4th job. Paly gameplay is simpler, and thus better quality of life, you just need to use the right element and keep blasting. Dk however, becomes complicated after having berserk as you need to be wary of your HP to maximize your damage, which includes learning about how much damage monster hit for, pot management and whatnot, it's one of the harder class to play in game after reaching 4th job. Pre-4th job tho, I'd argue dk has a better time than paly with access to hb and new attacking skills in 3rd job..
    You could also check out the skill animations and decide whether you'd prefer playing around with elements which changes the skill color or playing around with dragon-like skills to decide whether to play paladin or dk..

Hope you find this helpful :)

Last edited: Apr 8, 2024
    • Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  14. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    I'm suspicious because I love my job haha, but fire charge also gives a nice boost to damage, of course, fury and crusher (and even roar) are very OP in the 3rd job, but fire charge in mob fire weak especially makes our damage go up a lot

15. Tarnished

Tarnished Pac Pinky

Jun 13, 2022
    Male
    9:41 PM
    Confessor, Tarnished, Hawthorn
    Hero
    I recommend DK, it's cooler and more powerful early on and does the best out of the 3 warriors if you don't plan on washing at all

By the time Pally becomes better than DK (~lv.165), you will be more knowledgeable about the game and building another char will be quick. DK will always have some value in your char collection even if you decide to main a different class.

For all warriors, your 2nd job skill priority is Weapon Mastery

Last edited: Apr 8, 2024
    • Like Like x 1
  16. fael

fael Nightshadow

Jun 8, 2020
    Male
    Fael
    Night Lord
    SURRA
    Probably because people know that's the best path to go :p
    Jokes aside, I'm sorry if I was like invasive, but you seem to be a unexperienced player needing some help on decisions. Discarding the possibility of washing doesnt seem like a good idea to me, just as it didnt seem like it to other people. So we gave you some extra hints, even though you didn't ask.

Anyway, not talking about washing anymore, about the jobs I would recommend you to think a bit what kind of content you would like to do. Maybe take a look on Rat's guide https://forum.maplelegends.com/inde...-class-should-you-pick-as-a-new-player.53395/ if it helps to choose between Drk and Paladin.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. OP
    OP
    Apocryphal

Apocryphal Red Snail

Mar 25, 2024
    Male
    Taciturnus
    All in good spirits, no worries. Even the persistence I appreciate because it did shed a lot of light on washing which is something I'd need and want to do at some point anyway.

I think one of my issues is that I don't know what content lies at the end. Even back on global the highest I got was around 55 with a pirate, so I simply have no idea what's what. The guide you linked made me even more torn between the two, but I really want to Deus Vult stuff to death so I think that's what the heart decided. Worst case scenario I'll just go back to the drawing board, I think that's also part of the fun. Though I haven't yet made any alts myself, I play ESO so I'm very familiar with altoholism.

Thank you very much to you and the others who commented and offered their insight, it is much appreciated.

Actually, one final question, should I still get a base INT of, say, 40? In preparation for whatever I decide in the later levels?

18. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    6:41 AM
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    If you're going for a warrior then yes get that 40 base int. And if you can be bothered, vote daily on at least 1 or 2 accounts.

19. fael

fael Nightshadow

Jun 8, 2020
    Male
    Fael
    Night Lord
    SURRA
    To be honest, 40 int is really doable for both warriors. But maybe would help if you could put ur hands on some cheap int gears as soon as you can, specially the int gears that you won't ever unequip, like Zakum Helmet, Deputy Star, or even a Green Christmas Socks (that gives like 4~6 int and will expire soon, but it should be like 500k and also good for damage and accuracy, and you should buy using super megaphones because you cant owl expirable items).
    If you don't wanna think about int gears too much, then maybe go for 60 INT? Doesn't make much difference anyway, you will be probably using the same amount of hits to kill mobs of your level range.

20. OP
    OP
    Apocryphal

Apocryphal Red Snail

Mar 25, 2024
    Male
    Taciturnus
    Alright, 60 it is. Thanks again and wish me luck lol.