1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Feeed's Multimage Chronicles: My Journey into the Multiclient Sweat Club

Discussion in 'MapleLegends Journeys' started by Feeed, May 17, 2021.

1. Feeed

Feeed Mr. Anchor

Aug 4, 2020
    Male
    8:05 PM
    Feeed
    Corsair
    OCT 2021 UPDATE: HERE ALL THE LINKS TO ALL ENTRIES SO FAR

--

"JOIN THE REVOLUTION OR GET LEFT IN THE DUST" -
    SHIVERING

So this Quad Mage thing is taking off, huh? As someone who has absolutely zero fourth job mages and only makes a pretty modest income bossing, reports of 80+m mesos/h make me actually salivate irl- especially compared to the 10-20m I make in an entire evening. But man, having FOUR Archmages really seems like it would take such a ridiculous amount of effort that it's not even worth it.

Unless...?

How hard would it actually be? How long would this take realistically? Let's find out. Hi, I'm Feeed, and this is Jackass.

RULES

...rules? What am I, some kind of absolute nerd doing a self-imposed challenge for forum clout? Please.

For real, though- I'm currently (slowly) saving for item upgrades on my main, and sinking a bunch of mesos into something like this all at once could mean I lose the ability to bid on a pog upgrade that might come on the market. The only soft "rule" I've got is that the VAST majority of the funding should be generated on the mages themselves.

RISKS & CHALLENGES

The biggest thing I'm worried about is that I cannot vote on more than one account. I've followed all the guides, it just... does not work. I've tried from several different devices (e.g. gf's phone) which works for a little bit, but eventually those sneaky sneks catch on to the fact that I am, in fact, the same person.

I don't know how bad having 4 mages with possibly no MP washing at all will hurt my eventual hypothetical profits, but we'll see if/when we get there I guess. Realistically, I'll just be dumping all my AP into MP and leaving it there once I have enough TMA to 1 shot Ulu1/Ulu2.

ENOUGH PREAMBLE, LET'S GET THE PARTY STARTED

For transparency's sake, I already have 2 mages; a 90 Priest and a 97 I/L. The priest will forever be a HS/CWK/future Res mule because I'm way too damn cheap to ever buy Gen20/30 (and MW20). The I/L is currently relegated to being an APQ mule, but I've been looking for the motivation to finally get him to 120+, and his time to shine is finally around the corner.

I decided to go with a total of 2 I/Ls and 2 F/Ps. One reason being symmetry, the other reason being it would allow me to dual mage farm other good maps (e.g. Vikerolas) including ones that may become viable in the future.

The 97 I/L will retroactively be the first of the Quad Mages, but we'll introduce him later. For now, let's meet the rest of the main cast, each one named after an element because I'm cute like that:

FeeedMeFire, a future F/P;
    FeeedIsToxic, also a future F/P;
    and FeeedOdinson, a future I/L.

1.png

"Huh? They all look the same?? You didn't even match their hair to the element they're name after??" No, a cute name is all they get. They don't get fun personalities or any kind of emotional investment. Mages are tools to be used and discarded.

Anyway, back to the journey. The immediate goal after character creation is to rush them to Level 7, get them off Maple Island, and get my other characters involved asap. Seeing as I don't have an Islander mule to get them there very easily, we have to go the questing route; it's slow. Takes maybe 2 hours or so. But, we make it, and they get ready to head to Vic Island with a bunch of quest rewards in hand:

5.PNG

Getting off the island is a milestone, but isn't quite the real start of the journey yet- they need to actually become mages for us to officially get this thing rolling!

My Priest was in Singapore and I didn't feel like bringing him over (this was dumb. I only realized later how much time I'd save by using Mystic Door to move 3 mules around because I'm not very smart), so I brought in my main, CaptnFeeed, to leech them the rest of the way.

A few minutes, later, we were able to complete step 1 of the process:

7.PNG

(I'd love to add more pictures but the forums do not like when I upload too many, apparently. Good to know for next time)

Let the journey (officially) begin.

• Great Work Great Work x 11
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    5:05 PM
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    R>Farmers, toxic multiclient mage farmers only

Some points to consider for your journey:

1) Quad mage ulu1
    -you will need at least 1 meso up mule with flash jump to comfortably buff / loot all items.
    -the meso up mule should have MAX etc slots, ~112 equip slots, and MAX use slots. 4 mages grinding ulu1 drops a shit ton of loot, and you will need a shit ton of space.
    -I strongly recommend aiming for 30k mp on every single archmage, I would invest more into getting multivote to work, it will certainly be worth it

2) Quad mage ulu1 / cornians (this is what shivering was doing towards the end of his journal)
    -5 mages in total needed, 1 of which actually needs to be somewhat strong
    -meso up mule here doesn't need flash jump, you can also have pet loot on the mage farming here so that you only need to fully sweep 2/3 platforms.

Good luck on your journey!

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. OP
    OP
    Feeed

Feeed Mr. Anchor

Aug 4, 2020
    Male
    Feeed
    Corsair
    SESSION PLAY TIME: ~2H
    TOTAL TIME SPENT: ~2H
    NET MESOS GAINED/LOST: 0

BONUS PICTURES FROM THE FIRST SESSION (I guess the images got corrupted or something idk)

CaptnFeeed, my pride and joy and actual good character (i.e. not dumb mage) coming in to get the last of the Lv 7 -> Lv 8 exp:

6.png

BL Reaction:

8.png

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. OP
    OP
    Feeed

Feeed Mr. Anchor

Aug 4, 2020
    Male
    Feeed
    Corsair
    Well aware of the Meso Up mule; we'll cross that bridge when we get there :p. (Realistically I may tack it on as a 4th character if/when I decide to buy leech so I can have 2 characters in 2 leech parties)

re voting: Kimmy just dropped an announcement today regarding other people having issues voting; seems like I'm not alone (idk if this is single voting or multivoting tho). But yeah, hopefully that gets resolved asap, I'm well aware of how big of a deal it is and is a huge part of the reason I stopped grinding my I/L the first time around.

Thank you! <3

5. Skuire

Skuire Nightshadow

Aug 16, 2017
    6:05 PM
    Skucci
    Shadower
    PSHHHHHHHH, you and 500 other pepega sweatlords. Now if you REALLY wanna get ahead in this game, embrace the FEET META. R> FeetFarmers!

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  6. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    If you are going to buy leech, its more efficient to have all your characters get leeched at the same time. You will get a better exp / meso ratio leeching 4 characters at the same time from 1 seller than having them split among 2 sellers.

• Like Like x 1
  7. BentPaw

BentPaw Master Chronos

Sep 11, 2020
    Male
    angeloooo
    Night Lord
    Funk
    Ah makes sense when I ran into you in Ellinia lol

8. Shivering

Shivering Wolfspider

Mar 9, 2018
    Shivering
    I/L Arch Mage
    You love to see it. Excited to follow your journey gl!

9. whatdatoast

whatdatoast Windraider

Apr 9, 2020
    whatdatoast
    Bowman
    This journal about to end next week when mages get nerfed OnionMuha

• Funny Funny x 6
  10. OP
    OP
    Feeed

Feeed Mr. Anchor

Aug 4, 2020
    Male
    Feeed
    Corsair
    SESSION PLAY TIME: ~2H
    TOTAL TIME SPENT: ~4H
    NET MESOS GAINED/LOST: ~0

We keep it going.

My plan was to keep leeching my characters at Slimes until they hit level 10 so that I could start to follow Nise's excellent Quick and Precise Leveling Guide for New Characters. I knew it would be less efficient than leeching, but this wouldn't be much of a journal if I just leeched to 120, now would it?

Level 10 happens, I start following the guide, and it's... way slower than I realize. That's no fault of the guide, by the way, the guide is excellent- it just obviously doesn't account for some idiot doing following it on 3 characters simultaneously. The amount of time you spend moving 3 characters around is more than you expect. For a second, I actually wondered if there was some way to take advantage of my other limbs to make this go more quickly, but quickly realized I was just slowly starting to lose my mind from all the alt tabbing. No one would ever actually do that. Moving on. (I really, really, REALLY should have moved my Priest over from Singapore to take advantage of Mystic Door. Please learn from my mistakes).

The other problem with my approach to following the guide was that I was doing all the farming on my Corsair, meaning there was a whole bunch of EXP my characters weren't getting from kills. By the time I should have been very close to level 15, I was actually only a fourth of the way through level 13. I decide to fill the gaps with a bit of leeching, and FINALLY decide to bring my Priest over to murder some Bubblings. He kills slower than my Corsair does, but more than makes up for it with Holy Symbol.

9.png

This is HolyFeeed, the aforementioned Lv. 90 Priest. Besides the gear he's picked up from his time PQing and a garbo Lv 35 weapon, he's naked. No, I will not clothe him. He does not deserve it. Mages are tools to be used and discarded.

I had never intended to use him for anything besides HS, Door, and Dispel (for CWK), so he only has Lv 1 Shining Ray- but that's more than enough to get me through low level leeching, at least until second job or so. After that we'll either have to level him up (unlikely) or use a 5th client to kick/invite him to the party for HS (more likely assuming my laptop doesn't explode).

Here's the EPM 3 I got. Please keep in mind that this is 3 man leech without any sort of ultimate:

10.PNG

One level every 10 minutes still isn't too bad.

Stopping here for now. All 3 noob mages are level 16. As much as I'd love to continue Nise's guide with the Lv 15+ quests unlocked, they require a LOT of movement (including going to NLC) and still require more grinding than I'm willing to do on 3 characters (a few quests need 150 of one etc, and even then it expects you to grind a bit). Unfortunate, but hey. I do have special plans at Lv 20 that'll hopefully make things more interesting than "I self leeched lul", at least.

See ya then <3

• Like Like x 2
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  11. OP
    OP
    Feeed

Feeed Mr. Anchor

Aug 4, 2020
    Male
    Feeed
    Corsair
    It's not about the end result, it's about the memes we made along the way :D

at the VERY least, I'll get more APQ mules, having the option to use an F/P will be useful, and getting income from low-level questing on 3 more characters (so many shoe jump 30s) makes this not a complete waste of time... kinda

12. Shivering

Shivering Wolfspider

Mar 9, 2018
    Shivering
    I/L Arch Mage
    • Like Like x 2
  13. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    2:05 AM
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    3 journal posts in <3 hours? I thought you were only supposed to update your journals on the forums twice a month at max
    [​IMG]

Look forward to the next one!

• Funny Funny x 3
  14. whatdatoast

whatdatoast Windraider

Apr 9, 2020
    whatdatoast
    Bowman
    SkuireSkuire UPDATE OR RIOT OnionShout

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. OP
    OP
    Feeed

Feeed Mr. Anchor

Aug 4, 2020
    Male
    Feeed
    Corsair
    Honestly I totally forgot HPQ was a thing because I've never actually done it- this would have been smart.

I'll definitely try out the quests if it's an instant zoop from 16 -> 20 :D

16. OP
    OP
    Feeed

Feeed Mr. Anchor

Aug 4, 2020
    Male
    Feeed
    Corsair
    SESSION PLAY TIME: ~1H
    TOTAL TIME SPENT: ~5H
    NET MESOS GAINED/LOST: ~-100k

Look, it's the start of the journey, updates are going to be coming in fast. Soon I'll slow down and this thread will plunge to the abyss, I promise

Mini-update.

Had no idea that Shivering had made a 1-20 guide specifically for mass creating characters. Woops. Good to know. Bit late to start it from scratch, but luckily there's a small section at the veeeeeery end for Lv 16-20. Figured I might as well try it out.

It involved doing 3 quests, the two roof fixing ones in Thailand, and the NLC Quiz. I quickly gathered the etcs required on my Corsair, transferred them to my characters, and got to work completing them. Nothing terribly interesting here, but here's 2 of the mages on the way back from NLC:

11.png

Either Shiv's guide is sliiightly wrong or I did something stupid because after the 3 quests were cleared I was only Lv. 19 with 50%. No matter, I wanted to get them to Level 21 anyway. Back to Bubblings we went (wasn't really worth relocating 3 characters to Genins just for 20 mins of leech). Here's the final epm3 at Level 20:

12.PNG

Really starting to slow down, but that's okay- we're outta there.

Now that the squad was finally Level 20+, I could finally equip them with bathrobes to alleviate SOME of the pain of them walking slower than Ainz' journal updates. I'll probably buy them some Red Whips and Smiling Masks before my next session if I can get them for relatively cheap because my god does the speed make such a difference. It'll especially be important for the next part.

Speaking of which, spoiler alert:

13.PNG

SEE YOU NEXT TIME

• Like Like x 4
  17. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Until a certain point, grinding mages while using buffs like HS should be faster than trying to leech them. Low level leech is really inefficient and should really only ever be used to grind INT mules. Mages can usually 1-2 shot Genin by the time they max out Magic Claw. Getting 800 exp at lvl 20 only requires like 8 genin kills.

• Like Like x 1
  18. whatdatoast

whatdatoast Windraider

Apr 9, 2020
    whatdatoast
    Bowman
    Alright, hear me out. 3 mage genin. put macro on alt for magic claw x3. Then just alt tab constantly for an hour.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  19. OP
    OP
    Feeed

Feeed Mr. Anchor

Aug 4, 2020
    Male
    Feeed
    Corsair
    This but unironically. One of the challenges is going to be finding maps where sniping from multiple areas is safe and keeps up spawn rotations. I'm already eyeing Upper Ludi, Ariant, and Mu Lung :)

20. OP
    OP
    Feeed

Feeed Mr. Anchor

Aug 4, 2020
    Male
    Feeed
    Corsair
    SESSION PLAY TIME: ~6H
    TOTAL TIME SPENT: ~11H
    NET MESOS GAINED/LOST: ~-4.75m

KPQ Time. Before we begin, some updates:
    - Completed my goal of getting my Corsair to Lv. 169! Now I can finally answer those Nameless smegas. Now that this is done, I'm gonna focus on the mages a bit more.
    - My I/L advanced from Lv. 97 to Lv. 98 purely through APQs, which is kind of hilarious.

So I went shopping. First, for some speed gear- yes the mages will be getting Teleport soon, but having speed/jump still helps a ton when navigating maps. Next, wand60's, seeing as I'll be grinding for the next little while. Lastly, potions.
    - 3x Smiling Mask @ 200k ea = 600k
    - 3x Red Whip @ 100k ea = 300k
    - 3x generic speed shoes from Henesys @ 15k ea = 45k
    - 15x Shoes Speed 60s @ 100k ea = 1.5m
    - 7x Wand 60s @ 200k ea = 1.2m
    - HP/MP Potions = ~500k
    - 50x Wizard Elixir = 500k
    TOTAL NEW EXPENSES: ~4.645m
    TOTAL EXPENSES: ~4.75m

The number was troubling, but we'll be recouping the costs very shortly.

Now onto the scrolling~

The shoe scrolling went... exactly as well as you can reasonably expect. Got a +2 (7 speed), +3 (9 speed), and +4 (11 speed). That's 9 successful scrolls out of 15 coming out to a 60% success rate; exactly as advertised.

The Wand scrolling, on the other hand, went surprisingly well. After failing the first slot and then going on a tear the following 6, I made this little gem. I'll definitely be able to at least recoup what I spent on it:
    1.PNG

Lastly, I moved some INT gear over from my Corsair. It's pretty terrible but it'll help with grinding:
    - +11 INT Bathrobe
    - 7 TMA Yellow WGs
    - 1 INT Red Nose

Enough planning talk. Let's get into the KPQ.
    2.PNG

...but we're not actually doing full runs of KPQ. The plan was to just grind the Ligators in Stage 1, which have absolutely insane EXP rates. My original plan was to put the mages at various parts of the map to make rotations easier, but that didn't really work out as a result of the map not having many viable safe spots. So, I ended up grinding one at a time. I think the exp is significantly less when you don't have a full party sharing a map, and you also get absolutely zero loot due to this being in a Party Quest. In hindsight, Genins are probably the smarter play, but no regrets; the novelty of being able to solo enter KPQ was too fun to pass up.

It took me a little while to get comfortable with the map rotation- but once I did, we were off to the races. Towards the start of the session, I was 3 hitting the Ligators. Here's the EPH (epm3) I was getting for the main grinder:
    Capture.PNG

...and for the leechers (still epm3. spoiler alert: it's exactly half):
    epm3 l.PNG

Once I leveled up a bit more and had more INT and popped a Wizard Elixirs, I was able to 2 shot for a pretty significant improvement. Here's the EPM for the grinder (this one is epm 5):
    5.PNG

Just about 50% better- once again exactly as expected.

After longer than I expected (definitely should have done Genins), the squad finally hit level 30. I still plan to come back to KPQ until Level 31 (and get a solo full clear in the books!), but that'll make a lot more sense if I job advance and get Teleport ASAP.

Updated pic of the gang at Lv 30:
    7.PNG

Next stop, Ellinia for 2nd job~

• Like Like x 3