1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Discussion for Lady Boss (Anego)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Siao, Mar 25, 2019.

1. Taida

Taida Mixed Golem

May 30, 2017
    Female
    NYC
    2:54 PM
    Solstice
    im for reducing mapowner timer but please let me take a shit :(

• Funny Funny x 8
    • Agree Agree x 5
  2. MrPresident

MrPresident Capt. Latanica

Dec 19, 2017
    MrPresident
    Spearman
    I don't really have much opinion on the matter but how is a level 90 holding map owner when Anego is 130?

upload_2019-3-25_21-30-42.png

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    11:54 AM
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    I believe that they modified how long you hold map owner, and what level you need to be to hold the map?

Also the way i thought about the summon is that it would be in addition to the normal map. So you could get like 2 extra anego kills per day. This way the casual players can kill anego when they want to, and the hardcore campers can still kill 8 (or more) anegos per day.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. LiquidOoze

LiquidOoze Mixed Golem

Feb 7, 2018
    That's my friend :^)

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  5. artificial

artificial Orange Mushroom

Feb 12, 2018
    DirtyDildo
    F/P Wizard
    It's so funny how people are like "camping anego is nostalgic." To me what is nostalgic is mass ksing at anego. There was a 121 hp bucc in Demethos back in the day that was named Anegodrama. If you really want nostalgia, let's remove mapowner for anego and bf and let anegopolice and bfpolice be a thing.

All sarcasm aside I like the idea of having a custom map with reactor. Two anegos a day for me would be more than enough, but I am a filthy casual.

• Like Like x 2
  6. LiquidOoze

LiquidOoze Mixed Golem

Feb 7, 2018
    Btw guys there is already an instance'd Anego its called Jiaoceng.

• Agree x 11
    • Funny x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Disagree x 1
    • Great Work x 1
  7. Masterg75

Masterg75 Brown Teddy

Mar 2, 2017
    Male
    Israel
    9:54 PM
    Sepoy
    Bishop
    Tbh all this mapowner thing is not nostalgia either.
    Kinda annoying when 1 person owns all channels and shares them or not with whoever they want.
    personally i never killed anego and i wont even try to do so when my nl is strong enough cuz i know ill waste my time there.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    12:54 PM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Don't need to worry, I only mentioned 15 seconds in regards to if the system detects two characters on the same map on two different channels.

This would make it just about impossible for a single person to be holding multiple maps by themselves, but should also allow family members or friends in the same household to be grinding still.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Lidas

Lidas Mixed Golem

Sep 14, 2017
    Male
    Lidas
    Bowmaster
    I see. If its like this i dont see any problem.

Jiaoceng is for high levels. And im not sure how much hp you need for him. He might be warriors boss.

10. Fishy

Fishy Skelegon Retired Staff

Apr 8, 2017
    Male
    Eiji
    Dark Knight
    Beaters
    Anego jumped on platforms in later versions.
    Kacchan Musha/Samurai was nerfed in ML (he was coded to not jump on platforms because you can make him get stuck on the small platforms and spam hit him)
    Just make it so she jumps so people cant camp maps, or tank the hits.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. Lidas

Lidas Mixed Golem

Sep 14, 2017
    Male
    Lidas
    Bowmaster
    Wont this make anego unkillable for some classes?
    When i solo it now i use the platforms as safe spot

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    8:54 PM
    KurayamiLove/Nagrom/Amatista
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    Not sugesting anything but I see Jiaoceng as a better anego (with a time contrain and sumons that mess up with ranged dps) so if you want to do it sumoneable make it like this? 2 a day. But the camping problem is on most of the bosses for exp or cards or chairs. No idea how to fix it o.o.
    Bonus:
    https://wiki.teamfortress.com/w/images/a/a7/Demoman_dominationsniper03.wav

13. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    12:54 PM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    If they have enough HP to tank HT, they can certainly kill Anego. Maybe we should also just set Anego free so that this boss isn't a joke like Nib and no longer a snoozefest where all a ranged attacker has to do is stand on one platform and snipe.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. Hyoon

Hyoon Zakum Retired Staff

Dec 1, 2015
    It actually opens up more jobs to kill it as melee classes with decent vertical attacks like heroes can make anego jump on the book shelf and pin it below.

It honestly doesnt reduce the amount of people killing it as you just simply pin it on the opposite side that you are on. Nls can flash jump over it, bowman can puppet lure it and jump over and sairs can do that pewpew thing.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  15. Fishy

Fishy Skelegon Retired Staff

Apr 8, 2017
    Male
    Eiji
    Dark Knight
    Beaters
    learn to puppet more, if youre using hurricane, you can pin it. just puppet and then rebuff.

16. Lidas

Lidas Mixed Golem

Sep 14, 2017
    Male
    Lidas
    Bowmaster
    Sometimes when i pin her to the right, she break glitch to the left. Most of the time i can pin her back. But sometime she come too close, and that when i jump to the shelf.
    I dont think the rebuff is the problem.

But If staff think its possible, i dont mind this will be the change. just please fix puppet dc problem first.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 2
  17. ngrman

ngrman Stone Golem

Jun 4, 2017
    Female
    Brasília
    Don't forget krexel

18. postcard

postcard Selkie Jr.

Aug 17, 2018
    Postcard
    Bowmaster
    Vivid
    But Puppet only works if no one other than the archer using it attacks the monster. If anyone else does, Puppet fails. In other words, if you're trying to solo and using Puppet to pin, someone (say, a NL) can come in, hit it, and FJ away. The archer will immediately lose pin and likely be killed. Kind of makes it a problem at a map where players have killed other players just to steal the map. Also makes rebuffing a perilous process.

I just can't agree with the idea of letting Anego run all over the map. Anego is, to me, meant for ranged characters. And as most ranged characters have low HP/not enough to tank her attack, fighting Anego necessitates a snipe/safe spot. Plus, lower level ranged classes will have a difficult enough time pinning her as is.

Furthermore, if I did want to use Puppet to Anego, the most efficient way to do it would be to place my Puppet out of her reach -- ie; place the Puppet either on the shelves or record player where she can't reach. And the safest way to rebuff Puppet would also be on a safe spot.

Also, you can't really jump over Anego. The slap and gunshot can hit multiple targets, aka you + your Puppet.

Finally as Lidas has pointed out, using Puppet excessively has a known glitch where the user will DC from it. :^) Can confirm because I've DC'd plenty using Puppet before.

tldr; don't make Anego run all over the map, archer lives matter too.

If melee classes really want to Anego, they still can regardless of whether or not it runs all over the map. I've seen my guildie do it — all he had to do was sit on it. But I'm also going to echo the sentiments of some people in this thread and point out that Jiaoceng is the basically the warrior equivalent of Anego.

Last point — how many people in this thread have actually fought Anego? Because this thread feels more like a general complaints and issue thread about camped area bosses than Anego specifically.

• Agree Agree x 5
  19. itzjaheezy

itzjaheezy Chronos

Sep 6, 2017
    Male
    Gitsniks
    Paladin
    Hazel
    I like to solo anegos :^)

• Great Work Great Work x 1
  20. OP
    OP
    Siao

Siao Headless Horseman Retired Staff

Jul 15, 2017
    Female
    2:54 AM
    This thread is created to garner feedbacks, opinions, and suggestion how we can tackle the current situation. I wouldn't say that it is a sore issue to fix immediately per se, but it is interesting to know how people feel about this situation and their opinions. As compared to us just jumping to fix things without seeking the public's feedback. Again, we can't please everyone.

I would like to thank everyone for their inputs, regardless good or bad, complaints or not. We have roughly an idea on how to tackle and will further announce it once things are more or less finalized.

• Like Like x 2
    • Great Work Great Work x 2