1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Event PQ feedback

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by akashsky, Apr 29, 2019.

1. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    10:25 AM
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    Stage 1) I think this is fine.

Stage 2) I think this is fine also

Stage 3) this is also ok

Stage 4) This is bad. At the very least, I think that all of the mobs that are dropping useless letters like Q, T should be removed. All they do is get in the way and make it harder to get the letters that you are trying to get. It's pretty much impossible for a class without a mobbing skill like slashblast.

Alternatively, I think you could shorten the word so its not Happy Halloween, and instead just Happy , or just Halloween.

Stage 5) Pink bean has too many forms. I can't really comment on anything past this as I have not gotten past this yet.

Also, the accuracy requirements for some monsters are too high. This really screws over some of the lower level players from participating in the pq.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. shot

shot Capt. Latanica Retired Staff

Oct 31, 2017
    Male
    12:25 PM
    sh0t/Davi
    Buccaneer
    Honor
    Fork you receive from PQ now gives +100 accuracy temporarily until the next patch is applied. This should help class with low accuracy to hit like mage and warriors.
    Change has been applied live~

PS. Letter stage in JMS used to have a respawn timer of 1 minute after dying but we decided to shorten that by alot. We are still carefully observing how the spawn works and will tweak when we deem it necessary

• Great Work Great Work x 1
  3. artificial

artificial Orange Mushroom

Feb 12, 2018
    DirtyDildo
    F/P Wizard
    I thought it was fine. After failing twice we finished with 4 minutes to spare.

4. postcard

postcard Selkie Jr.

Aug 17, 2018
    Postcard
    Bowmaster
    Vivid
    My two complaints about the PQ are as follows:

First, it's difficult for lower level/low acc characters to hit the last and second to last form of Pink Bean, even with the +100 acc fork. But the +100 fork did help a lot, so ty for that!

Secondly, the amount of coins that the PQ drops is just sad. I've seen it drop from anywhere between 1-4, which makes it a bit difficult for a party of 2 or 3 to share. Having a single coin drop in a 2 person party means the party will likely settle who gets the coin with a roll, and whoever loses loses out on their coin and also their run for the day.

And this is pure speculation on my part, but I'm assuming that the low drop rate of coins and the relative difficulty of the entire PQ is to prevent people from farming excess coins with their mules. Which I get, but also considering that it is a PQ and is about cooperation, it seems unfair that there is a chance only one person will be rewarded. I have also seen a few cases already where someone has taken a chance and done the party quest with a stranger, only to have all their coins stolen. Maybe having more coins drop won't fix this, but having a set amount of coins rewarded to each player in the PQ (like during Christmas) would.

tldr; I think either upping the range of coins dropped (maybe to 3-6 or 4-8?) or rewarding players with a set amount of coins per run would improve the PQ.

Last edited: May 2, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 4
  5. Ryae

Ryae Wolfspider

Apr 17, 2015
    Female
    USA (West Coast)
    Ryae
    Night Lord
    Nimbus
    Is there maybe a way that the coins (either a set or random amount within a range) can be awarded upon completing the PQ, similar to how event boss (ie, Puff Daddy/Snowman) or other PQ (ie. KPQ, LPQ) rewards are given? Though I'm not sure how complicated this change would be - or if it would be worthwhile if it is complex - given this is a temporary event. Just an idea SlimeSmile

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. postcard

postcard Selkie Jr.

Aug 17, 2018
    Postcard
    Bowmaster
    Vivid
    Yeah, that was how coins were rewarded during the Christmas event's PQ, so I think it should be possible.

7. magykarp

magykarp Horny Mushroom

Jul 6, 2018
    Male
    magykarp
    I would also like to include that you cannot farm coins to exchange for prizes in this event, whereas in the Christmas event, players had the chance of being rewarded for hunting monsters.

In my opinion, the current state of this event encourages muling because of how difficult it is to receive coins. Not everyone will be able to attend Puff Daddy summons (or rather be able to go through it without disconnecting) and the PQ gives very few coins as mentioned prior.

My suggestion would be to add a way to farm coins so that the difficulty of the PQ wouldn't be a problem -- if the goal was to diminish the number of people muling. I also do believe that adding a set amount of coins to each person in the PQ as a reward rather than relying on a discouraging variance would be beneficial.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Fishy

Fishy Skelegon Retired Staff

Apr 8, 2017
    Male
    Eiji
    Dark Knight
    Beaters
    Having puff daddy and the PQ is awesome, but feels like once you complete those 2 things for the day, theres nothing else to do thats rewarding or to look forward to. I agree with everything Calvin/Amy said, but if you make it so everyone gets rewarded in the PQ, people can easily just party 6 chars in 1 party and carry all chars and get coins for each character; which seems super super broken imo.

Having another way to farm Anni Coins would be awesome!

9. OP
    OP
    akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    Max party size limit is 3. So I don't think it would be as broken as you imagine.

10. Fraiche

Fraiche Pac Pinky Retired Staff

Jul 20, 2017
    Straya
    3:25 AM
    Monobrow, Sheathe, Kasie, Fraiche
    F/P Arch Mage
    Uchiha
  11. Fishy

Apr 8, 2017
    Male
    Eiji
    Dark Knight
    Beaters
    but haivng 1 attacker and 2 mules = 3 raffles from 1 PQ. kindve broken still. a free raffle not doing anything but a carry

12. Precel

Precel Zakum Retired Staff

Nov 13, 2018
    Male
    1:25 PM
    Precel
    Priest
    Spirit
    we already have AP reset reward for golden tickets o_o

13. Fishy

Apr 8, 2017
    Male
    Eiji
    Dark Knight
    Beaters
    xmas event had a choice for coins for resets.
    the droprate for golden gach is really really low
    the resets took time to farm via coins, but it was worth it for some people.

14. Fraiche

Jul 20, 2017
    Straya
    F/P Arch Mage
    Uchiha
    like FishyFishy said, drop rate is too low I had to farm all day just to get 5 tickets if I'm lucky even if I don't feel like hunting mobs. Instead of upping drop rate for golden gach, I think making it also exchangeable with coins is a better option.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Althariisa

Althariisa Slimy

Jul 17, 2018
    Female
    2:25 PM
    Tauriel
    Dark Knight
    Honor
    To be honest, im only getting just 1 (2 total drop: party of 2) coin. I sense its a bit unfair because the price of the actual items for coins and the fact that you re able to do 1 PQ per day.. so buying things of the event seems to be a long way work.

Plus I dont know if just my luck.. but i spended hours killing mobs and i didnt get a Golden or a anniversary box yet. I feel that the drop rate of those boxes should be buffed somehow...

16. OP
    OP
    akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    Not sure if you have tried doing the PQ in the current patch, but you can't solo with 1 attacker and 2 mules unless you also control one of the mules and attack with it (or else you will run out of time).

Also Currently, pink bean boss drops 1-2 coins per person, which isn't enough for a raffle per person. Maybe that might change in the new patch, where we get coins at the end of the PQ, but staff hasn't really told us how many its going to be. Even if its 3 coins, I still don't think this is a problem unless party size gets increased to where you can duo with 2 mules with another person.

17. shot

shot Capt. Latanica Retired Staff

Oct 31, 2017
    Male
    12:25 PM
    sh0t/Davi
    Buccaneer
    Honor
    The coin drop rate has been increased (1-2) to (2-4 with very high chance of 3) as well as moving the coin drop to npc so that people wont have to worry about dice rolls.
    I appreciate everyone for feedbacks so far and happy mapling!

• Like Like x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. Fraiche

Jul 20, 2017
    Straya
    F/P Arch Mage
    Uchiha
    OnionYes

19. Fishy

Apr 8, 2017
    Male
    Eiji
    Dark Knight
    Beaters
    I can solo it on my DK and have 2mins left to spare.
    I can solo on my bishop and my MM and NL, you just have to click ahead of the stages and trust in RNG letters

, but with the new PQ npc coin exchanging, it wouldnt matter anymore if you mule it up, BUT it is possible to solo it :p

I will most likely still Solo on my chars and use my other chars as entries with guildies

20. OP
    OP
    akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    Can you elaborate more on what you mean by click ahead of the stages?