1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Guaranteed Prestigious Coin Pouch for Bossing

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Mageor, Oct 4, 2022.

1. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    1:05 AM
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Before WS demand skyrocketed their price and HT was still fairly profitable, one could expect to finish a perfect weapon by HTing from 160-200, which is about 400 HT runs.
    Expecting to complete a perfect weapon by going on daily 5 or 6-man Zakum runs is moving the goal posts significantly - close enough for everybody including casual players to obtain perfect weapons, which shouldn't be the case. Perfecting weapons should be a stretch goal, not the norm. Not to mention, making bossing profitable for suboptimal comps will bust the door wide open for farming in optimal comps. People are already soloing Zakum.

If pouch drops were guaranteed, the amount they give would need to be adjusted accordingly.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. Skumbag

Skumbag Slime

May 1, 2021
    Male
    4:05 AM
    From my understanding zerk 30 was 50% prebb, PB came out in 2009 (big bang patch was in 2010), the balance changes for classes don't necessarily increase the speed of bosses being downed because NLs are still stronger than the classes that received buffs. APRs are also free because there is a clear advertisement of no P2W. The big bang patch wasn't something that was horrible for Maple back in the days because it helped ease in newer players at the start of the game (Which is imo one of the challenges that ML faces today with washing being time gated). The main gripes I had were when Maple pushed for more P2W, cubing, potential system, power creep, etc.

You're telling me I have substanceless platitudes, yet your post starts off with misinformation and still fails to invalidate my points by making arbitrary claims about different types of players. My point about HP washing being irrelevant is because it is irrelevant to this topic about coin pouches being guaranteed for bosses topic.

Regarding achieving perfect items in a few months - If a player bosses and does Krex, Zak, JC, HT daily with guaranteed pouch drops (which is what this initial topic is even about) they would gain around 24.3 coins a day, which is not even including people who run on multiple chars, boss drops, and Pink Bean. A perfect weapon is not made by using 70 white scrolls unless you're perfecting your end game timeless weapon. You could buy a perfected sky ski from 2.5k-3k coins for example and that would take you ~103 days or a bit more to achieve.

I do think we're straying away from the original topic so if you want to discuss non-coin related topics, feel free to DM me privately instead of us cluttering this topic thread.

• Like Like x 2
  3. bienfu

bienfu Pac Pinky

Aug 14, 2022
    Male
    secondpink
    Beginner
    A player who grinds every boss everyday for 24.3 coins per day isn't the average player. Not by a long shot. And imagine all the time it takes to actually invest in those runs, recruiting people, and also factoring in potion expense.

The reason HP washing is relevant is because that is all time added to players in order to do content. That the guy who wanted to make his NL a year ago, all that time still is added to the total time played when making a perfect weapon.

So is time invested in leveling the character, quests, hunting for the ring, countless other things that go into the process, a robotic sweaty hardcore player still takes much more than 103 days from start to finish on guaranteed pouch drops for a non BiS +9.

A perfect BiS +9 Timeless self made, that's 70 white scrolls, 6650 coins, divided by 24.3 makes 274 days of straight hardcore bossing. You know that actually seems fair to me, especially considering how many people ARENT that person.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. fael

fael Nightshadow

Jun 8, 2020
    Male
    5:05 AM
    Fael
    Night Lord
    SURRA
    lmao

5. beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  6. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Your calculations are based on mid-game level content. If you think mid-game level players deserve access to perfect weapons through casual contet, then I guess this is just a difference of opinion.

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Karn

Karn Mixed Golem

Jun 26, 2017
    Male
    Karn, Fayden
    Buccaneer
    Favela
    This is because the cheapest way of using cs/ws with the current system is by buying the service for the average price of 95 coins, *70 = 6650 (many people even sell for less than 95 these days)

8. fael

fael Nightshadow

Jun 8, 2020
    Male
    Fael
    Night Lord
    SURRA
  9. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    How are you buying ws service on your timeless. :V

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  10. Karn

Karn Mixed Golem

Jun 26, 2017
    Male
    Karn, Fayden
    Buccaneer
    Favela
    Who I quoted seemed to be confused by the math, not by the possibility of buying service for timeless weapon lol, you can literally buy for any other perf weapon

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus

• Like Like x 1
  12. Karn

Karn Mixed Golem

Jun 26, 2017
    Male
    Karn, Fayden
    Buccaneer
    Favela
    lmao just argue about my math I don't care about this discussion

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. Toon

Toon Capt. Latanica

May 22, 2020
    Male
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    Toon
    Marksman
    Pasta
    Imagine buying 50 ws service`s for a NT weapon, for instance. Good luck!
    17e11607f2a882af20f651c687fdf852.png

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Creative Creative x 1
  14. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Lol I was searching past threads looking for this. Where'd the fan art go?

15. Toon

Toon Capt. Latanica

May 22, 2020
    Male
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    Toon
    Marksman
    Pasta
    Also, good luck hitting 5 slots for a nt weapon in 50 ws (using this as your timeless example is absurd)
    The probability of not hitting at least 5 success in 50 scrolls is 43,1%
    Variance on 10s are just too high to assure 10 scrolls = 1 success for such small samples.
    The same reasoning applies to 7 slots in 70 scrolls

• Informative Informative x 1
  16. OP
    OP
    Mageor

Mageor Mr. Anchor

Nov 11, 2020
    Male
    Mageor,rawrsaur
    Dark Knight, Bishop
    Asylum
    Personally, I believe there can never be enough WS/CS. Here's my reasons, most of them are estimates so feel free to correct me:
    1. For most players, perfect = perfect weapon, gloves, cape, facestomper. (Require a total of 110~150 WS/CS or 11k~15k coins)
      1. Non-timeless (dragon/NT) => 30~50 WS
      2. Timeless => 70 WS *optional*
      3. Perfect 21 atk gloves => 40 WS
      4. Perfect 23 atk gloves => 50 WS + ~10CS *optional*
      5. 15 atk + cape => 20+ CS
      6. 10 atk FS => 20+ CS
    2. For people have multiple characters and would like to fully equip them (30~70 WS per extra character or 3k~7k coins):
      1. Non-timeless (dragon/NT) => 30~50 WS
      2. Timeless => 70 WS
    I think the vast player overestimate how fast you can gain coins.

Even if you farm 15 coins (50m) per day from bossing, it will take a player around 1000 days or 2.74 years without rest to assemble perfect gear for a single character. if you farm 100m per day from bossing, it will take a player 500 days or 1.37 years without rest to assemble perfect gear for a single character.

How many players here have played for 3 years? Longer than 1.5 years? At what point, can your childhood dream come true? Why should we be tied to a single character? I believe having more coins and WS/CS opens more versatile gameplay for players all around.

• Agree Agree x 4
  17. Toon

Toon Capt. Latanica

May 22, 2020
    Male
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    Toon
    Marksman
    Pasta
    Those prices are pretty innacurate. Also, 1-3 years to get perfect gear is fine. Most players who are on that spot played 2 or more years. Getting perfect gear is nothing about nostalgy. The power scale from GMS back then was based on irl money to buy duped items. Nostalgy is more about levelling, bossing, pqing

18. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Where does strategizing come into play for the end-goal of this game? You're asking for the game to basically be completed for you by 3 years time on a fairly typical rate of play (50m/day is less than daily 6 man HT + Zak). People have been innovating various ways to participate in the economy. It doesn't have to always be leech or multimage story. It doesn't have to be bossingstory as well. How would you feel if you obtained perfect weapons by bossing for years, and people started arguing that they should be able to obtain perfect weapons by PQing?

Where does luck come into play? You're looking to ws10 while some others have obtained their gear much quicker by WS30ing further into their weapon progression simply because they understood the time-wall behind WS accumulation. What about testing your luck and scrolling other weapons to convert into coins for faster rate? Or farming events a bit harder? Or finding your own market niche?

Where does varied gameplay come into play? If everyone has a set path to their 'dream' of being perfectly geared, why even have the middleman of scrolling? Why not just hand out perfect weapons to everyone that runs 500 Horntails and 50 pink beans via an NPC? Personally, I think that sounds stupid and it would ruin a lot of the magic.

Perfect weapons/gear are a stretch goal. If the goal moves further and further back because of the changing economy, doesn't it make sense to just adjust your strategy according to what is required or shift your goal to something more manageable?

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. OP
    OP
    Mageor

Mageor Mr. Anchor

Nov 11, 2020
    Male
    Mageor,rawrsaur
    Dark Knight, Bishop
    Asylum
    So far we talked about what is there to gain if there’s guaranteed coins per boss runs and getting a lot of push back. I’m a bit curious what do you stand to lose from this change such that you’re against it wholeheartedly. It’s one thing to be for something. It’s another thing to be indifferent. But it’s an entire thing to be against. Can you please share?

Again, gotta be reasonable here. Can't expect every person playing MapleLegends to run daily 6 man HT + zak (90 min per HT x 2 + 30 min zak x2 => 4 hours/day) for 3 years straight.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    I’m actually arguing against my own interests/progression because I think guaranteed pouch drop rates will only lead to new types of degeneracy that could break the game. I used to think similarly - coin generation feels slow, especially when you get hit with bouts of bad luck, but it provides a consistent way to work towards a goal. Lately, I've felt no desire to rush towards completion and have been okay with playing only 1-2 hours a day, and my progress has been decent. If the suggestion was implemented and I was guaranteed drops, sure, I'd be better off, but I feel like the game would quickly shift into a different, sweatier meta.

• Like Like x 2