1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Guaranteed Prestigious Coin Pouch for Bossing

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Mageor, Oct 4, 2022.

1. lv1crook

lv1crook Capt. Latanica

Jan 19, 2021
    Male
    5:26 PM
    Level1Crook
    Corsair
    Flow
    1. No one is arguing PQs should give WS, that’s dumb. It’s not even comparable.

2. Luck isn’t even relevant. The whole point of a WS is to remove luck from the equation. Sure you can WS30 your weapon all you want, but you know the risks you are taking. Only 10% of items survive even 7 scrolls, not mentioning passing..

3. Again, no one is arguing that equips be given by NPCs, it’s dumb. But for the sake of argument, how is X hours of bossing different from X hours of multimage, or X hours of some other strategy

4. Perfect weapons don’t need to be a stretch goal

• Like Like x 2
  2. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    1. No one is arguing PQs should giev WS yet.
    2. Luck is relevant. If WS cost 5b each, you'd 30% more slots.
    3. Multimaging is a strong strategy because it is easily repeatable for long hours and is a direct source of generating ws/cs via gach. Bossing and leeching are fairly competitive now a days, but their main restriction is that they are not easy to scale up/repeat multiple times a day. Guaranteed pouch drops will simply make bossing stronger, and the meta will shift from multimaging to multi-boss farming, causing a spike in coin generation. A large spike in coin generation will increase access to white scrolls and chaos scrolls, shifting perfect weapons to be the standard, and the surplus of coins will shift RNG degeneracy to chaosed goods instead.
    4. If perfect weapons aren't the stretch goal, what is left to be accomplished in this game?

• Like Like x 2
  3. Selquin

Selquin Headless Horseman

May 28, 2018
    6:26 PM
    Serperior
    Bowmaster, Night Lord, Buccaneer
    Pasta
    This is certainly not true, just calculate the standard deviation of a binomial distribution with p = 0.10 and 70 trials. The amount of variance in WS rng is HUGE, it has made and broke many players from it alone. There are players who get absolutely spoodfed finishing they weapons in under 20 ws, and there are the mattNLs, the paulsNLs, and the radiologists of the world that get absolutely fked and end up spending 10b+ more than the average.

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. lv1crook

lv1crook Capt. Latanica

Jan 19, 2021
    Male
    Level1Crook
    Corsair
    Flow
    I was talking about the survival rate of an item after 7 dark scrolls, I apologize for the confusion

• Like Like x 1
  5. beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    Anyone can make perfect equips if you put in enough hours. Implying people deserve things just because they’ve been around for a while defeats the challenge of trying to get endgame equips. Either you put in the hours or you don’t, it’s pretty simple. I know someone who’s been around for 7 years and only just hit 120, but I wouldn’t say they should have 3-4 perfect equips according to your logic.

There’s no “issue” with pcoins. Either you put in the hours, or you lower your goals. I used to think the grind was insurmountable when I first stepped into 4th job but instead of whining about it I put in the hours, 9 months later I’ve farmed over 50 white scrolls. Anyone who thinks end game is being “controlled” by 20 people who make perfect equips at will is simply someone who doesn’t want to put in the work to join them.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. zeroxlr

zeroxlr Windraider

Oct 11, 2020
    xxxxSnuggles
    Beginner, Camper, Islander
    Exactly the point.

That there are many people who do put in more hours, and rng is not in their favor.

• Like Like x 1
  7. beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    How does that translate to pcoins being an issue in need of fixing? If anything they enable a more accessible medium of exchange through which those who do not wish to risk RNG can simply buy end game equips.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. zeroxlr

zeroxlr Windraider

Oct 11, 2020
    xxxxSnuggles
    Beginner, Camper, Islander
    Improved farmability for more quantity, or fixed pricing.

That’s a good idea too!

To be able to fix a meso/pcoin price to endgame equips or ws/cs is basically it.

• Like Like x 1
  9. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    variance from chaos scrolling is much higher than variance from white scrolling, and if you were to look at the alternative to using white scrolls - that is straight 30%ing your weapon, i would wager that it has even higher variance (and cost) than white scrolling. So the statement that white scrolls lessen RNG is very much true.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. Selquin

Selquin Headless Horseman

May 28, 2018
    6:26 PM
    Serperior
    Bowmaster, Night Lord, Buccaneer
    Pasta
    If the statement was, "ws10% has less variance than 30%" or "ws10% has less variance than chaosing things", then of course that is true, but the point is moot because the statement was "luck isn't even relevant".

• Like Like x 1
  11. bienfu

bienfu Pac Pinky

Aug 14, 2022
    Male
    secondpink
    Beginner
    Technically speaking, if one person kills enough snails, eventually they will accumulate enough wealth to own a perfect weapon.

Technically speaking it is already accessible for players to get perfect weapons with mid level content if they play enough.

It's all about how much and pretending it's anything other than that is not useful for this discussion.

But hey for some reason you get all the awards for some weirdo gotcha comment that doesn't actually mean anything.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  12. iPippy

iPippy Nightshadow

May 19, 2019
    Male
    8:26 PM
    iPippy
    It's such a shame that the game is literally unplayable without a perfect weapon. Can we add perfect weapons to event raffles or gacha?

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Creative Creative x 2
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  13. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Lol I'm not here for some popularity contest. I simply made a statement that we probably have a difference of opinions. If you think that casual bossing merits a perfect weapon by the end of a year, we have a difference of opinion. I think perfect weapons should be the primary end-goal of the game, and that being made easier is not necessarily a good thing. People have already found ways to generate more than your calculated 24.3 coins/day, with a significant chunk of that being bossing. Forcing guaranteed pouch drop rates would simply multiply their strategies while pushing your goalposts back.

So using your analogy, you're basically asking for snail hunting to be made a viable way to perfect a weapon.

IMO, the best suggestion in this thread so far is to swap for a higher pouch drop rate with lowered coin rewards.

• Agree Agree x 4
  14. wolf666

wolf666 Timer

Mar 22, 2020
    Male
    8:26 PM
    Wolf
    Shadower
    I would like to see coins/pouches added to CWK Exchange. Indirect buff to CWKPQ. Not sure if it'll be OP or not.

• Like Like x 1
  15. bienfu

bienfu Pac Pinky

Aug 14, 2022
    Male
    secondpink
    Beginner
    It may be a year but it's still a super significant time investment.
    How much can one make on 273 days of multimaging or leeching 5x hours a day? No bossing at all required.

I do agree that the best suggestion is higher pouch drops with fewer coins.

16. beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    Replace Gachapon tickets with “Distinguished Coins” that you can exchange for a perfect weapon of your choice and a heartfelt letter from staff for doing such a good job

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. fael

fael Nightshadow

Jun 8, 2020
    Male
    9:26 PM
    Fael
    Night Lord
    SURRA
    can we add a perf weapon button?

• Great Work Great Work x 1
  18. lv1crook

lv1crook Capt. Latanica

Jan 19, 2021
    Male
    Level1Crook
    Corsair
    Flow
    What’s up with the trend of veteran players resorting to toxic sarcasm and stawmanning so much lately?

Last time I checked, this was a pretty reasonable suggestion, and a serious discussion.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Because the thread keeps getting hijacked with new players moving the goal posts, like this:

The original suggestion wasn't good. It's broken af. If implemented, an individual player could generate almost 30 white scrolls every 3 months by playing only an hour a day. With current forms of leech, these operations can quickly scale up to be 4-5 hours a day, giving someone access to something like 120-150 white scrolls every 3 months. If you don't see that as a problem, it's because you just don't understand the levels of sweat and degeneracy people will go through to get ahead in this game.

• Like Like x 3