1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Guaranteed Prestigious Coin Pouch for Bossing

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Mageor, Oct 4, 2022.

1. shck

shck Timer Retired Staff

Feb 10, 2020
    Male
    Singapore
    2:00 PM
    Recube
    Buccaneer
    Bloom
    Spoken strictly from my own POV since the comments were made prior to joining BT, yes to both of these. But I prefer not to comment more at this point of time just in case I get carried away :unsure:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Estrahl

Estrahl Mr. Anchor

Feb 1, 2021
    Orbis
    11:00 PM
    Kiyomasa, kage, miko, zoku, etc
    Dragon Knight, Cleric, Bowman, Bandit
    Perion
    Ah fair enough, congrats on joining the balance team!

3. TORONTOTOKYO

TORONTOTOKYO Windraider

Oct 16, 2021
    ML be saved!

• Like Like x 1
  4. zeroxlr

zeroxlr Windraider

Oct 11, 2020
    xxxxSnuggles
    Beginner, Camper, Islander
    so now that you’re on the balance team congratulations!

do you know more about the situation and how to solve the end game currency of ws/cs/pcoins now that you’re in a position with more information than the normal player?
    • What’s your new opinion on a solution for the inflation of ws/cs/pcoins?
    • Will there be a deflation to adjust the market like irl economy?

• Will inflation of the end game ws/cs/pcoins be allowed to continue?
    • Does the BT not want to stop the inflation?
    • Is the purpose only to “Slow Down” inflation rather than to “Stop” inflation?

5. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    8:00 AM
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    Join the balance team and find out!

Maybe we should all join the balance team..

• Agree Agree x 10
  6. bienfu

bienfu Pac Pinky

Aug 14, 2022
    Male
    secondpink
    Beginner
    How to join

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. Mirrors

Mirrors Zakum Retired Staff

Jul 15, 2019
    Female
    Mirrors
    WeenieHutJrs
    Submit thread here gang

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    8:00 AM
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    I think you need to DM Kimberly, preferably daily. Not sure though.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Creative Creative x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  9. zeroxlr

zeroxlr Windraider

Oct 11, 2020
    xxxxSnuggles

Sooo i guess the only way to find answers to those questions would be to get Accepted into BT, and sign the NDA?

Then work to pay off the price of the information?

:heartbeat:

• Great Work Great Work x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. Estrahl

Estrahl Mr. Anchor

Feb 1, 2021
    Orbis
    Kiyomasa, kage, miko, zoku, etc
    Dragon Knight, Cleric, Bowman, Bandit
    Perion
    I know you're joking but I think you just blacklisted yourself lol

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. TORONTOTOKYO

TORONTOTOKYO Windraider

Oct 16, 2021
    the only thing i know is that i gotta level my bucc to 175 fast. best class for coins rn and the considerable future.

12. zeroxlr

zeroxlr Windraider

Oct 11, 2020
    xxxxSnuggles
    Well… it is what it is lol that’s what Volunteer work is like.

Also in this day and age where workers are disenfranchised, it’s common to want to ask the employer what the tasks may encompass before even getting possible interviews.

That’s what job postings are meant to be, although there’s no current BT posting atm that i could find.

The staff are mostly pushing for finding new Designers atm in the announcements section.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. Huiae

Huiae Headless Horseman

Aug 1, 2015
    Female
    Seoul, Korea
    3:00 PM
    Verdict
    Bishop
    WeenieHutJrs
    I know this can be read very wrong, but I hope to insist that bossing should be remained as 'lottery' for fun and lolz.
    I wouldn't be interested in bossing at all if it became 'guaranteed solid income with less vibrance', feeling like it's another homework just as mage farming is.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    Every Horntail should drop 1/10th of a Maple Warrior 20 book. OnionGimme

• Creative Creative x 1
  15. TORONTOTOKYO

TORONTOTOKYO Windraider

Oct 16, 2021
    should just go pb, its good content that got buffed. but wait. you might not have a slot because there are too many of ur class.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Skumbag

Skumbag Slime

May 1, 2021
    Male
    2:00 AM
    I don’t think guaranteed pouches should ever be implemented into ML. This just leads to power creep across the board with everyone eventually getting perfect items from running easy early/mid game bosses.

Bossing already provides good exp and drops if you consistently run it. I don’t really see why low time invested characters need to see high returns. If you have invested a lot of time in getting your character to 180+, you should be able to join 5-6 man HT and PB runs. Those boss runs are profitable unless you just aren’t running them consistently or you’re running 10-12 man HT runs at a high level.

The game is more than just running around doing daily bosses and expecting to get rich quick (as seen on some other servers using a coin system). Nostalgic and old school maple was all about finding different ways to enjoy the game and progressing. Here on legends you’re able to farm, boss, merch, APQ, and find other creative ways to progress your character.

I really hope people enjoy the process more instead of asking for constant buffs across the board when the server has already made it infinitely easier to progress with the coin system.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. bienfu

bienfu Pac Pinky

Aug 14, 2022
    Male
    secondpink
    Beginner
    This is like throwing out all nuance from the discussion.

Nostalgic old school GMS had unwashed characters and a good number of players who never were able to complete the zakum jump quest, many people who never entered the bossing scene even if they did reach 4th job. Doesn't make sense to me to tell people to "enjoy the process" or tell them to do other things if a particular aspect of the game can feel very unenjoyable for many people due to lack of rewards. Doesn't make sense to tell people to just enjoy nostalgic maple when everyone and their mother knows nostalgic maple had severe balance issues.
    That is objectively not useful to anyone.

Why would good profits from bossing only be locked behind HT and PB? Why should players play for however much time it takes for them to get to 180, including all the time people waited so they could wash their character, that only then will they get good profits from bossing?

What is remotely enjoyable about bossing for 2-3+ hours when you're lower leveled and come away with LESS money than when you started?

Yea everyone should eventually get perfect weapons, if they play long enough. So how long is long enough for you?

So in the hypothetical scenario that Zakum drops guaranteed coin pouch 3, which averages 15 coins, and a white scroll costs 95 coins, and then you factor in coin split between party members...

Let's see 15 coins/6 (or 5) players is 2.5 and 3 coins per run. So 5 or 6 coins per day from just zakum on average. 95 coins / 5 is 19 days, 95/6 is 16 days... yea one white scroll every 16 days from just zakum... yea thats way too little. Definitely.

Okay let's now include krex. 2 pouch 2s per day, averaging 6 coins. That's about 1 coin per person per run. Ah yes, another 1 hour investment for a whopping 2, 3 coins if you're lucky.

So if I boss zakum krex, spend 3+ hours recruiting and bossing, I'd get 8-9 coins per day. 11 days per white scroll. Yea that's way too little right? Include other low bosses like rav, pap, JC that also takes up more and more time to do.

A perfect weapon, 7 slots, average 10 scrolls per slot, so 70 white scrolls needed... let's think about it. 70x11 days is 770 days. Over 2 years of bossing lower level content without any breaks to get a perfect weapon... yea that's WAY too little. Hey.. wait.. it's LESS than 2 years if I decide to boss everyday not 3+ hours but 4.5+ hours!

Seems to me like it's not lower boss content that's the problem if you're worried about "easy power creeping like other servers with guaranteed coin system".

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. Skumbag

Skumbag Slime

May 1, 2021
    Male
    2:00 AM
    That's weird, MapleLegends is clearly advertised as "The Old School MapleStory Server" and described under its GTOP listing as "Do you miss the old MapleStory where everything was challenging". It's almost as if you clicked on this server and proceeded to ignore everything about it and started asking for changes across the board because you want the server to be more aligned with your view of what is enjoyable.

Your argument doesn't show any progression in your character... You would eventually cut down the amount of people required in zak/krex runs to 2-4 mans. JC is a quick boss that is able to be done with 2 people and you aren't including CWK (which they even added coins to now). The whole HP washing argument of time investment is irrelevant to this topic and something that is already being discussed with the HP challenge system.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with using a weapon that is not perfect ie 103 knuckle (+5 level 100 knuckle), which is still enough to be invited to PB/HT runs. What do end game players strive to achieve if they can finish everything in a few months? I'm curious to know what timeline is aligned and acceptable to someone like yourself who keeps pushing for easier methods of getting items.

• Like Like x 5
  19. bienfu

bienfu Pac Pinky

Aug 14, 2022
    Male
    secondpink
    Beginner
    Old school maple doesn't have 40% Zerk, JC, Pink Bean, Krex, Reverse/Timeless, pay to win AP resets, no balance changes for Buccaneers or Shadowers or anything else. If old school challenging nostalgia is the end-all-be-all then you'd be making suggestions to revert every change to their vanilla status and deleting every non v62 boss from the game.

Labeling MapleLegends as old school or not isnt an argument or making any argument because of it is irrelevant. The "old school" label isn't a black and white thing, it's on a spectrum, and so is "challenging".

The moment you understand that then maybe you can understand a mindset of having a game that is reasonably enjoyable for a greater number of people over a longer period of time instead of clutching to inconsistent and illogical nostalgia pearls and telling people how to enjoy a game with weird substanceless platitudes.

In what world do you think that perfect end game gears can be acquired in a few months with guaranteed pouches? Where is the basis for that? Oh wait. It also doesn't matter. Because once they have their perfect gears, I'll do what you do and tell them to just enjoy the game and process in other ways like APQ and merching.

How is HP washing no longer irrelevant? Do the many current players who waited a long time and voted so they can wash no longer matter? Did they suddenly get their time back?

A good timeline? For who? Casuals? Hardcore players? Casual players and hardcore players progress the game at different paces.

You say that my argument doesn't account for progression as players cut to 2-4 man parties. Well that doesn't account for the the necessity to prepare mules/signs to run lower man parties. It doesn't account for which players are hardcore and which are casual. And for every ADDITIONAL boss that is added to their daily pile it is a further time sink.

So how can I give you a timeline if you dont describe what kind of player you're talking about?

Maybe it's not the timeline that's the issue. Maybe it's the progress. Because doing 30 minute zak runs to come out with less money than when you started. So fun.

But we shouldn't have prestigious coins at all should we?

For the record I don't even necessarily agree with guaranteed pouches as outlined in the post. I'm just pointing out the absolute ridiculousness of using "OLD SCHOOL, HARD, NO CHANGE, GO APQ" as an argument for literally anything and shutting down any nuance.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  20. beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    Every PB should drop 1 toe's worth of Facestompers

• Agree Agree x 5