1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Guide to efficiently leveling high base int chars with zero starting funding.

Discussion in 'Training' started by akashsky, Jan 10, 2019.

1. OP
    OP
    akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    8:01 PM
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    Yeah you can do NL + I/L after you have your HS mule done. Are you planning to use the ice lightning to leech your NL (from level 10 onwards) and use the priest as a pure HS mule?

2. omry shay

omry shay Red Snail

Mar 27, 2018
    Male
    6:01 AM
    no guild
    actually i dont know what i am doing lol
    i dont think lvling my I/L and then my NL will be effective so i am lvling them togehter
    i am leeching both my NL and I/L (both lvl 20 same exp)
    my mule now has lvl 30 hs
    my question is if lvling my I/L can do something good for me or its useless (if we dont count more event dailies)

3. OP
    OP
    akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    Yeah thats what I meant to recommend in my previous post - doing 2 characters at the same time is SOOO MUCH more efficient than doing 1 character solo.

If you plan to leech your nightlord WELL past level 135, I actually suggest that you start a fire poison right now and do ice lightning + fire poison + nightlord.

You can keep your HS mule at 81 (and just keep using it for HS) and use both of the mages to leech your nightlord.

For example, you can start training your ice lightning - and leech your NL while grinding on the i/l. Then, you can grind your fire poison mage and let your NL leech. You will find that by rotating between the two, you can keep all 3 at the same level.

As you earn mesos from grinding (you will earn tons from all the gachapon that you get), you can buy 3 way split leech to get your ice lighning, nightlord, and fire mage up higher and rush to fourth job.

The reason that its very useful to have 2 archmages is that the end game map for leech in maplelegends right now is shoalin 5-6. The optimal leech setup in 5-6 is to have 2 archmages and a HS mule (bishops are trash here unless funded over 1b with SI mule, whereas archmages are decent with like 50m funding).

Anyways sorry for that tangent, if that's not your thing, what you are doing now is perfectly fine as well. Just try to rush and get the nightlord and ice lightning to fourth job! That's when your investment pays off!

(Btw to your original question, yes it is very well worthwhile to make ice lightning. As you hit 4th job, you will realize that in order for a bishop to be an efficient leech mule, you will need ALOT of funding. On the otherhand an archmage basically just needs its lv 30 skillbook. You will find that you save over 1b making an archmage, because it takes more than 1b funding for a bishops damage to match an archmage that has like 50m funding

4. omry shay

omry shay Red Snail

Mar 27, 2018
    Male
    no guild
    alright tyvm!!
    so there is one problem tho, i upgrade INT on my NL (only int) so leeching with him would be a problem but if i leech I/L F/P and NL until the mages and N/L could auctually help will it be more effective?

5. OP
    OP
    akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    I'm sorry, I don't quite understand your question, could you rephrase it?

6. omry shay

omry shay Red Snail

Mar 27, 2018
    Male
    no guild
    i ask that if i should kill with my HS mule until they can kill faster or just keep killing with HS mule (without killing with NL cause he has only INT)

7. OP
    OP
    akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    I suggest that you try and measure the exp per hour you get with both methods.

1) Kill with your HS Mule only and run an @xpm 5 command on your NL and other mages (that are leeching).

Doing so, you will see how much exp you are getting on them per hr.

2) After, try doing the same thing except killing with the other mages. Note, you MUST leave party on your priest in order to optimize your exp.

In my experience, I think that leeching your NL and fire poison with an ice mage will probably be faster, but that depends on the strength of your ice mage. If your priest is 1 hit killing all the mobs, keep going on the priest while leeching your other mules.

8. omry shay

omry shay Red Snail

Mar 27, 2018
    Male
    no guild
    Alright thank you so much you helped alot !!!!

9. PrettyLights

PrettyLights Timer

Oct 11, 2017
    What's the reason to make an AM as well as a priest instead of just taking a priest to bishop? Is that for cheaper skill book costs/am easier to fund?

10. OP
    OP
    akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    The main reason would be that there is a HUGE barrier to 1hitting some monsters between archmage and bishop.

For example, ULU estate 2 is a really solid leech map that you want to self leech at from lv 90 onwards. A bishop will have a very tough time 1hitting these monsters, most of the time you will need to have genesis 30, decent int gears, and somewhat high level (150+). Meanwhile, our archmage friends can 1hit ulu2 at level 130 without much gear simply with their lv 130 elemental wand and lv 30 mage skill.

IMO, if you are willing to fund the bishop to point where it can 1hit the monsters, it is the more efficient class to leech yourself with. Bishops use less potions per ultimate, meaning that you earn more mesos per hour farming.

Basically, archmage is low investment, high reward.

Bishop is high investment, slightly higher reward.

Both are viable, but if you want to just use the mage as a means to the end (that is leveling your INT char), archmage will probably do it faster.

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. PrettyLights

PrettyLights Timer

Oct 11, 2017
    Perfect thanks, that clears it up for me and I know exactly my plan now

12. Satan

Satan Slime

Dec 21, 2019
    Male
    11:01 PM
    saTan1
    Bishop
    Perion
    What if you already made ur bishop? Is it worth to backtrack?

13. OP
    OP
    akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    If you already have a bishop you can just leech your character. So that means you are fine to just start. Just make sure to NOT solo leech. Either leech 2+ of your own characters at the same time OR sell split leech if you only have 1 character.

14. HollyCrap

HollyCrap Capt. Latanica

Jul 2, 2017
    Male
    12:01 AM
    HollyCrap
    Cleric
    Just grind monster cards while you save nx for washing c:

This way you still enjoy the game with the class you wanna play

Edit:
    Imagine if we had a quest ring?!

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. XAdenXNight

XAdenXNight Red Snail

Apr 30, 2020
    Male
    11:01 AM
    xPrOxAiMeRx
    Magician
    NA
    Hi, what if my cleric is already lv48? should i still go back for I/L? thanks

16. OP
    OP
    akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    You can just go back and level an i/l to 4x and then try to level both together.

Alternatively one new idea is to just level the cleric to 81 (get max Holy symbol, and 1 point in shining ray), then use the cleric instead of the ice lightning to leech your characters.

Advantage is that you don't need to expel / invite for HS, and theoretically have 1 extra party slot so you could leech 5 characters at a time instead of 4. Max level shining ray should be decent in terms of mob clearing as well.

You will be pretty screwed for mid game leech however, as bishop requires insane funding to 1hit the ulu's and such.

Ideally if you can save enough mesos to buy leech through the period where bishops are terrible (85-108), you can perhaps skip straight to 2hit skele.

17. MrPresident

MrPresident Capt. Latanica

Dec 19, 2017
    11:01 PM
    MrPresident
    Spearman
    Ninto and jonin is a fairly decent leech spot if you choose to level as a bishop. I leeched there from 75-90 on my noodle bishop coz I couldn’t 1 hit wolf spiders. They’re holy weak so it’s easier to kill for bishops and it’s decent exp with high value drops.

18. XAdenXNight

XAdenXNight Red Snail

Apr 30, 2020
    Male
    xPrOxAiMeRx
    Magician
    NA
    :yay: i see. thanks for the tip

19. XAdenXNight

XAdenXNight Red Snail

Apr 30, 2020
    Male
    xPrOxAiMeRx
    Magician
    NA
    If i choose to use my cleric character to leech the subs at undead monsters, do you think F/P can carry better from 70-80+ ( with poison mist) or I/L will be able to do the carrying faster?

20. OP
    OP
    akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    If you have the game knowledge and skill to effectively mist , the FP would carry best from lv 76 onwards.

before that I/L would win out. I went with ice lightning, but I think it’s doable with fire poison too.

• Like Like x 1