1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Thief Krythan's Night Lord | Guide to Thirty Thousand Hit Points

Discussion in 'Jobs' started by Krythan, May 5, 2023.

1. Lirbo

Lirbo Slimy

Feb 18, 2017
    Male
    9:35 AM
    Kiss/Ciss/Qiss
    Night Lord
    ⚔️ Beaters
    You're doing just fine, though I must say that 400 base INT can get you much farther away than 30k, it should be roughly enough for 30k + 15k MP by level 160.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. OP
    OP
    Krythan

Krythan Nightshadow

Sep 2, 2022
    2:35 AM
    Krythan
    Bishop
    Sleepywood
    No worries! As Lirbo said, you're doing just fine! Level "40" was just a nice round number to explain the idea.

Also true! Though, leeching to 160 is no small task!

3. dawakin

dawakin Mano

Jul 21, 2017
    Male
    8:35 AM
    Siruel
    Islander
    upload_2023-7-21_7-51-13.png

Hey KrythanKrythan
    I chose the hard way and followed the guide in hope to reach 30k hp

im now at 302 base int and have nice int gear, should i stick to the guide and start putting LUK instead of INT at 400 base ?

Also does it matter if u put all 5 fresh ap into MP then use 5 ap reset to -MP +INT or it still remain the same than doing one by one?

Thanks for the guide!!

4. OP
    OP
    Krythan

Krythan Nightshadow

Sep 2, 2022
    Krythan
    Bishop
    Sleepywood
    Awesome! I'm very impressed by the amount of INT equip. you've got!

When to stop increasing INT?

Keep going until you have 400 Base INT. Base INT is your INT score, not accounting for INT equips or buffs.

What's the difference between Base INT and INT equip.? INT equip. only gives you bonus MP on level up, while Base INT gives you bonus MP on level up AND increases the amount of MP you get when MP Washing.

Put in 5 points at once?

In the long run, you'll be able to gain a few more points of MP by ensuring that you're reaching multiples of 10 when MP washing.

So in your case, upon leveling to 64, you can do all 5 points to MP then all 5 points from MP to INT - it doesn't matter because at 302 to 307 Base INT you won't be able to reach the next multiple of ten. However, at level 65, if you do 3 points to MP, then 3 points to INT (307 to 310 Base INT), the following 2 points of AP will each get +1 more MP per MP Wash because you'll be at 310 Base INT, a multiple of ten!

P.S. Don't forget Zak helm :)

Last edited: Jul 21, 2023
  5. dawakin

dawakin Mano

Jul 21, 2017
    Male
    8:35 AM
    Siruel
    Islander
    Amazing thanks, im wondering about the ZH because my current bandana is 18 int but the zhelm might be very usefull for the 3rd job adv.

ty for everything :)

6. OP
    OP
    Krythan

Krythan Nightshadow

Sep 2, 2022
    Krythan
    Bishop
    Sleepywood
    Of course :) At 18 int, that's a sweet bandana! You should be able to do the 3rd job adv no problem, the zak helm's accuracy certainly helps with the 3rd job advancement, but nothing a few onyx apples can't solve!

7. OP
    OP
    Krythan

Krythan Nightshadow

Sep 2, 2022
    Krythan
    Bishop
    Sleepywood
    September 16, 2023 - Update - We're cruising along with my own Night Lord. We've already reached our target level, and reset our Base INT. The AP Resets from the last anniversary event really helped. This event? Not so much. Now we're just waiting on NX for stale washing. We got a few levels of exp by running daily zaks, and made a +34 DEX/17 LUK zak helm that I'm quite happy with. So far, we've bought ~300m worth of leech, and ~200m worth of misc. equip. Next steps, continue selling leech in order to upgrade our claw/gloves, and in a few months we should be able to get 10,000 HP, which opens up some bossing options.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 16, 2023
    • Great Work Great Work x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Subterlabor

Subterlabor Nightshadow

Mar 13, 2023
    12:35 AM
    SweatLord
    Bowmaster
    Toilet
    Question for you, I'm self-leeching 4 characters at the moment with my bish. 3 of them will eventually reach 4th job, currently level 33 or so.
    I/L
    Hs Mule
    Paladin
    Future 30k NL (Will act as MU mule while self leeching at skeles, as I build nx) <--- Character in question

My question is if I don't got the nx to fresh MP wash then reset the 200 MP>INT, is it an issue to just add straight base int until 400, or is the fresh washing a requirement to achieve 30k HP?
    In addition to my question I have a series of int equips which I've been prioritizing to my Paladin every level (chars level same time, close to same exp %) do I need to be using these equips on my NL, or is Mw20+400 base int sufficient?

TLDR: Can I skip fresh washing 200 MP>INT or do I need to stop leeching this char while waiting for the NX to complete the wash to the required 400 base int

9. Lirbo

Lirbo Slimy

Feb 18, 2017
    Male
    9:35 AM
    Kiss/Ciss/Qiss
    Night Lord
    ⚔️ Beaters
    Well done, now it's just a matter of waiting, character is secured.
    But it's time to replace those Ilbis
    [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. OP
    OP
    Krythan

Krythan Nightshadow

Sep 2, 2022
    Krythan
    Bishop
    Sleepywood
    Bro! This stuff is expensive!!!! ;)

Though, good point. Buying a few Balances Furys is on my shopping list.

11. OP
    OP
    Krythan

Krythan Nightshadow

Sep 2, 2022
    Krythan
    Bishop
    Sleepywood
    Why not add a fifth!? Add a second bishop for farming and make the party an even 6! :)

You could. For the sake of example, let's say that you didn't MP Wash at 200 INT, but rather started at 400 INT. You would essentially have to leech this character to a higher level to have generated enough MP for 30k. So, for example, instead of resetting your Base INT at level 140, you might have to reset your base INT at level 150 in order to get in additional levels of MP washing. You can simulate this in the spreadsheet calculator in the first post. Message me if you want help running these simulations! Actual numbers differ greatly based on how much INT gear you have.

If available, you should 100% be using your INT equip. Why? Once again, you're missing out on MP gains. The consequence is having to level this character a few more levels at the end to compensate. Remember, you only need to be wearing the INT equip. when you level up. So as soon as the Paladin levels up, you can swap the INT gear to your NL so it's wearing them at point of level up.

12. GIMORING

GIMORING Brown Teddy

Aug 20, 2023
    Male
    11:35 PM
    Hello Krythan,
    Could I ask for your experience leeching from 135 - 150? I've leeched up to 135 in other servers but not up to 150.
    • I figure it's much more difficult, than say, Skele 1-Shot from 120 - 125. But by how much, in your opinion?
    • How is the competition for map ownership in 5-6F? None at all or have to wait until someone leaves?
    • If I recall, the enemies in 5-6F have 200K+ HP and cannot be killed in one hit. How does the leeching process work in this map? What is the most efficient way to leech yourself here?

If it is a significant challenge, I'm considering raising my base int to 450, which should let me hit my goals significantly earlier (at the cost of more NX waiting, unfortunately). I'm wondering what the bottleneck would be: leeching to 150 instead of 135 vs. waiting ~22 more days for vote NX.

• Like Like x 1
  13. OP
    OP
    Krythan

Krythan Nightshadow

Sep 2, 2022
    Krythan
    Bishop
    Sleepywood
    If it is a significant challenge - It's a long road to leech to 150. Generally speaking, this will be done at a combination of skele, petri, and 5-6F. Buying leech at 5-6F is normally slightly faster, but sellers will bill at a higher rate (1:3.2 vs. 1:3.0 at the time of writing this). For this reason, I generally stick to petri/skele leech.

Skele is most often done with a high level bishop, petri with an archmage and 5-6F is most commonly done with 2 high level (160+) archmages. For my Night Lord, I bought so, so many hours of Petri (shoutout to DearAgony)... about 300m+ worth of Petri leech.

Any of these leech choices are similar, and it's just a matter of which type of mage you have.

Following then original build as posted in the beginning of this thread, if you have decent INT gear you could hit your target MP as early as 140... I calculated this build as to be what I found to be the sweetspot of NX cost vs. leeching cost. Adjusting your INT is just a way of changing that balance - as it'll make the build either more meso/leech expensive, or more NX expensive, each way has it's own merit.

• Informative Informative x 1
  14. GIMORING

GIMORING Brown Teddy

Aug 20, 2023
    Male
    Ah, so 5-6F was a double mage leech. That makes sense.

Thanks for the insight, very helpful.

• Like Like x 1
  15. uwupewpew

uwupewpew Blue Snail

Oct 26, 2023
    What would be the implications for someone wanting to do this without enough NX to MP wash to 400 base int from lv 40-80?

16. OP
    OP
    Krythan

Krythan Nightshadow

Sep 2, 2022
    Krythan
    Bishop
    Sleepywood
    It's possible! Essentially, if you wanted to start MP Washing at level ~80+, you might have to compensate by either raising your Base INT, or in the case of optimizing for NX, you could increase your Target Level instead!

For example: instead of leveling to 150 before resetting base int, you could level to ~155-160 to generate the extra MP that you need.

Make a copy of the calculator in the original post, and you can play around with these different variables, and see how they effect the target level, and overall NX cost. Or, feel free to message me and I can help you run different scenarios!

Last edited: Nov 3, 2023
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. OP
    OP
    Krythan

Krythan Nightshadow

Sep 2, 2022
    Krythan
    Bishop
    Sleepywood
    November 7th, 2023 - We're still voting! We've hit a few key milestones since our last update in this post:
    1. Now at 10k HP, and 20k MP.
    2. Upgraded to a 73 att Red Craven
    3. Scrolled a 12 DEX 2 LUK Octopus earrings, thanks summer event!
    4. First Horntail was a success, got our 23 DEX/23 LUK HTP!
    5. Collecting Balanced Furies so LirboLirbo doesn't call me a scrub again :)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 7, 2023
    • Great Work Great Work x 4
  18. OP
    OP
    Krythan

Krythan Nightshadow

Sep 2, 2022
    Krythan
    Bishop
    Sleepywood
    For future updates on my Night Lord, see Krythan's Journal.

I've also made some minor updates to the calculator (linked in the original post) to better differentiate between the "upfront" NX cost (NX required before you can reset based INT), and the "later" NX cost, as in, the NX required for stale washing that can be done over time.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2023
  19. Tenyn

Tenyn Pink Teddy

May 8, 2017
    Male
    Australia
    4:35 PM
    applejam
    Corsair
    Hogwarts
    do the calcs include mw20?

20. OP
    OP
    Krythan

Krythan Nightshadow

Sep 2, 2022
    Krythan
    Bishop
    Sleepywood
    They do not!

I wanted to present conservative defaults that did not account for bonuses from INT equip. or Maple Warrior. Thus, in reality you may find yourself able to reach your Target MP a few levels earlier.

I've updated the original post and the spreadsheet to indicate this!

Last edited: Dec 14, 2023
    • Like Like x 1