1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Make Bishop Mains 'alright' in Pink Bean

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Vowels, Jan 15, 2022.

1. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    3:07 PM
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    Although we can agree that bishop mains are not "viable" because of how they can be muled, bishop mains (at least the ones who properly attack in pink bean body phase) contribute much more to the run post pink bean changes than before.

Before changes:
    Bishops have terrible statue damage
    Bishops have terrible body damage
    Holy shield was a nice to have, but not required
    Have extra utility to clear mini beans (though not optimal, as the mini beans are weak to ice / fire, making it more efficient for archmages to clear)

After changes:
    Bishops still have terrible statue damage
    Bishops have passable body damage
    Holy shield is a requirement on statue phase
    Unable to clear minibeans efficiently

Ability to clear mini beans was a nice to have perk that was not required. Giving this back to bishops won't change anything with regards to how viable they are. If bishops can hit minibeans, squads that care about min maxing splits will still be muling as many as possible - as archmages are simply better at clearing. Why would I bring a bishop main to clear minibeans inefficiently when that can be done optimally by an archmage main with a bishop mule?

To fix bishop main viability, there needs to be increased cost associated with muling a bishop, to promote people recruiting actual bishop mains. Currently this cost is missing out on on passable body dpm (~3m) - which pretty much every decent squad is able to pay.

You could increase this cost by somehow buffing bishop statue dpm (now the mule runs lose out on body dpm, and statue dpm).

You could also increase the cost by reducing the pink bean timer. Now, missing out on 3m body dpm is a much higher cost to pay for muling a bishop, as total party damage needs to be higher.

You could also fix this by not allowing multiclient on pink bean. Bishops are an essential role for clearing pink bean because of the statue phase mechanics, and if not muled would be filled by actual players.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Fishy

Fishy Skelegon Retired Staff

Apr 8, 2017
    Male
    Eiji
    Dark Knight
    Beaters
    I would say phase1, statue was slower than in attacking at first. but it started attacking nonstop.
    we got to phase 2, and the attacks were consistant. bird also animated same pace/normal.
    mini beans were spawning normal too.

here is video reference.
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1453632740

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Fishy

Apr 8, 2017
    Male
    Eiji
    Dark Knight
    Beaters
    what if making other classes viable too?
    1) could remove holy immune from mini beans.
    2) remove weapon cancel from mini beans but increase the HP significantly so other classes have to attack them to help clear.
    3) add weapon def /magic def debuffs so bishops have to dispel them or else damage is reduced.
    if only bishop utility was used for more things.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. iPippy

iPippy Nightshadow

May 19, 2019
    Male
    6:07 PM
    iPippy
    Technical limitations aside, enabling bean to sed while facing right does quite a bit to make bishop impactful. Bishop class itself is well equipped to avoid seduces with mobility and has damage reduction if body touch is required. If seduce became a frequent enough threat, it gives value to healing and shielding the team. It also doesn't encroach upon the desire to keep bean pinned right/facing right, as lower hp classes can't afford to be on right side, and stuns are undesirable in both safety and dpm. Of course this would also likely require the removal of heal outright killing zombified players (which has always been a questionable design decision altogether).

The drawback? It's yet another shifter/avoid/NL buff.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Kiaraaa

Kiaraaa Chronos

Apr 5, 2018
    Female
    6:07 AM
    Kiaraaa
    Bishop
    Pasta
    BUMP BUMP BUMP THIS :pinkbean:

6. mjk

mjk Master Chronos

Mar 22, 2020
    Male
    MattNL
    Night Lord
    Pasta
    Gentle reminder that this thread is about bishops specifically not the overall balance of Pink Bean. :)

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  7. Fishy

Apr 8, 2017
    Male
    Eiji
    Dark Knight
    Beaters
    thanks for the reminder. was just thinking of overall i guess.

8. OP
    OP
    Vowels

Vowels Mr. Anchor

Jan 23, 2019
    7:07 PM
    untrue
    Bishop
    Pasta
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. TORONTOTOKYO

TORONTOTOKYO Windraider

Oct 16, 2021
    6:07 AM
  10. Stance88

Stance88 Dark Stone Golem

May 28, 2015
    Male
    Denmark
    12:07 AM
    Stance
    Hero
    Aeon
    -_- The class kinda ruins the game and the economy, why should the class be treated even more special than it already is? So many people moan on this server buff this nerf that, Q.Q I need moar power baby. UUUUaaawwrgh im not satiiisfiiieeed with anyyyyythiing. Nope

• Creative Creative x 1
  11. OP
    OP
    Vowels

Vowels Mr. Anchor

Jan 23, 2019
    untrue
    Bishop
    Pasta
    In the context of PB multiclienting introduces balance issues for bishops and dark knights, these classes are essential but not really. Why would I recruit a bishop or DrK player if I can multiclient a mule that serves the same purposes? This isn't a hypothetical, I do it and other players and squads too. I think this is a legitimate concern for the players of these classes.

I've been multiclienting my level 150 bishop mule for 26 weeks now:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

and I've been multiclienting my level 165 dark knight in other run for 26 weeks too:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Pink Bean is level 180. I assume you think this situation isn't a balance problem? I only see it growing

12. OP
    OP
    Vowels

Vowels Mr. Anchor

Jan 23, 2019
    untrue
    Bishop
    Pasta
    whats your take after this no longer being true

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    Only 1 hour pink bean timer can save our bishop / dk friends.

14. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    We just need a mage nerf all around. They do everything well and nothing poorly.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. Estrahl

Estrahl Mr. Anchor

Feb 1, 2021
    Orbis
    Kiyomasa, kage, miko, zoku, etc
    Dragon Knight, Cleric, Bowman, Bandit
    Perion
    I think it's silly that PB resists everything. I could see phases where it resists one element and then another, but all of them? All at once? Big oof, what was neck and son thinking?