1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Non-HP Wash Jobs

Discussion in 'Help & Advice' started by InkySplaters, Apr 21, 2021.

1. InkySplaters

InkySplaters Red Snail

Sep 15, 2020
    Male
    3:04 PM
    Beginner
    Planning on making another character, but what jobs don't need HP-Washing.

• Funny Funny x 6
  2. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    12:04 PM
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    HP washing is optional depending on the content you want to participate in. We can't apppropriately answer this question unless you have a general idea of your goals. If you want to be able to do all content, there are no classes that can get by with absolutely no washing, but there are several classes that can get by with minimal amounts of washing.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    InkySplaters

InkySplaters Red Snail

Sep 15, 2020
    Male
    Beginner
    Well, that's unfortunate. Oh well. Thank you!

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    However, you should understand that the time investment it takes for you to get to the levels of the content that is gated by HP washing will usually be more than enough for you to vote and wash. Mages, shadowers, buccaneers, and warriors are good classes that can get by with minimal washing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Motto

Motto Skelegon

Jun 30, 2018
    Male
    Mars
    9:04 PM
    PogShad Motto
    Islander
    You can play any class with minimal washing in contrast to what most guides are talking about.
    All the "300 base int" propaganda is bullshit.

One can play most (not counting mages xD) classes with 40 or 60 base int from lvl 25~30 and above. (even more with some simple int gear such as Zhelm and monsterbook tier ring)

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. Lirbo

Lirbo Slimy

Feb 18, 2017
    Male
    10:04 PM
    Kiss/Ciss/Qiss
    Night Lord
    ⚔️ Beaters
    I'll be brutally honest.
    If you really want to make a character that you will be able to enjoy beyond level 155 (might also be 135+) you really want to wash. If you will not wash you will most likely end up re-making a character or just rage quitting.
    If you'd like to easily get around with the washes I'd suggest you to read my guide here which will take you step by step towards becoming a madman: https://forum.maplelegends.com/inde...egends-efficiently-and-become-a-madman.32119/

I'm sorry but this server IS vote to win, even thought it is "officially" advertised as it isn't.
    "Vote-to-win content was removed from the Cash Shop" they say, but is that really true?
    HP/MP Washing is NOT "optional", there are many bosses these days that ranged-classes will NOT be able to do without washing heavily, and even if they would be able to survive they'd be at a huge disadvantage.
    - By dodging those high damage hits you're wasting time you could have used to attack; aka lower Damage-per-minute (Means HP washing increases your damage on paper).
    - Using percent-based potions will fill your HP/MP according to your MaxHP/MaxMP, which means the higher the more you gain from them (Means HP washing saves you a lot of mesos in the long run).
    - By not HP washing people are WAY less likely to invite you to bosses such as Horntail, Neo Tokyo bosses, Toad, or even Pink Bean (as you'll probably die extremely fast).

1 Additional reason this server IS vote to win is pets.
    - Having pets with Meso Magnet/Item Pouch/Auto HP/Auto MP will bring tons of value, and mesos/items that are left on the ground, on top of saving your ass from dying (auto pots).

• Agree Agree x 17
    • Disagree Disagree x 6
  7. Motto

Motto Skelegon

Jun 30, 2018
    Male
    Mars
    PogShad Motto
    Islander
    I'll be brutally honest.
    You're part of the propaganda bullshit campaign now.

One does not have to do all this shit to play, what you're proposing is for a person to invest into doing super hardcore things from the get-go for which, in a possible way, will make them deviate and loose interest in the game.

Not everyone gets to 155+ and bosses or in general, gets to a point where they will be bossing anyway.
    I see, and have experienced first-hand, many new players coming on the discord and asking info about the game, washing, goals and stuff, I followed their IGNs and in general, after 60-70 LVLs just quit the game because they've been trying too hard to follow the bullshit metas many players try to distill into them.

You can play the game quite well without having to invest into a mage a MU mule, HB mule, FM mule, NLC mule and whatever else one thinks is the required meta to play.

I for one have played since 2017 and have never really played with more than 2 clients (if not last couple of months experimenting with mages and opening 4-5 clients), and I don't think its a good thing to distribute to new players that want to play for nostalgia.

I've seen some couple of new players just follow the "keep low base int and just play for fun" that have reached close to 4th job and then restarted with a new char, because they got funds from the first char they played.

That is more fun that just being told "make a bishop" meta.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. Lirbo

Lirbo Slimy

Feb 18, 2017
    Male
    10:04 PM
    Kiss/Ciss/Qiss
    Night Lord
    ⚔️ Beaters
    I am not being a part of any propaganda campaign Motto, What we just said does not contradict each other.

Yes of course not everyone get to 155+, I agree. But did you ever meet someone who reached those levels without washing and didn't regret it (and possibly re-made the character)?
    I understand that many do get demotivated from the fact that it can be hard to follow, I truly do. Not everyone should follow these if they just wanna chill around and play for a few hours every week. But what about those who actually invest their hours and try to make a strong and solid character that will do well on the end-game? It is mentioned on my guide as well that these methods are not for those who are just looking to chill around, but those who are ready to work their ass off if they wanna go pro.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  9. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    If you're not motivated enough to remake a character, you're probably not motivated to get to end-game content anyways.

Voting daily across multiple accounts is one of the easiest and fastest ways to build in-game equity.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. Motto

Motto Skelegon

Jun 30, 2018
    Male
    Mars
    PogShad Motto
    Islander
    Some people, but in general some got explained that, if they're not lvl 19x, its still possible to get some washes in.
    Of course it will be a big investment for someone lvl 170-180 to do so (reset stats into INT -> LVL up and then mp wash crazy)

11. Voxtagrams

Voxtagrams Headless Horseman

Jun 13, 2020
    All jobs sort of need to HP wash if you want to enjoy the full content of the game comfortably however Warriors and Buccaneers don't have to wash too much with a base of 40~60 INT or so which FishyFishy told me in the past, you could ask them for some help if you want when they aren't busy of course.

Nice profile avatar btw ^_^ Niffty is one of my favorites

[​IMG]

Niffty: Door pls~
    Sir Pentious: Sure, here you go!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. xadra

xadra Capt. Latanica

Jun 6, 2017
    Male
    3:04 AM
    Adra
    Paladin
    Divide
    Just tell new players to play a fookin warrior goddamnit heroes and paladins dont need to hp wash end of story, you can HB and do bosses unwashed.

Source: 170 unwashed done all content up to this point, and will be able to do toad and pb with hb. No i did not regret not washing, if anything i wouldve really regretted making the so called cOmfORtAbLe Bo55INg 30k warrior because that would make the dumbass bossing gameplay loop require even less braincells than it already does.

• Great Work Great Work x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. OP
    OP
    InkySplaters

InkySplaters Red Snail

Sep 15, 2020
    Male
    Beginner
    Thanks! Mine too! c:

• Like Like x 1
  14. Chris

Chris Zakum Retired Staff

Jan 18, 2016
    Maple Island
    Christopher
    Islander
    Southperry
    The strongest class, Islander, is 100% optional hp washing for all content. OnionHumming

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  15. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    Or a mage as you can get by without washing, but by the time you're 120 your stance on washing is changed already and you will most likely decide to MP wash which is a nobrainer

16. Mirrors

Mirrors Zakum Retired Staff

Jul 15, 2019
    Female
    Mirrors
    WeenieHutJrs
    I know some shadowers just haven't washed and they can do most of the endgame content, thanks to meso guard. Mages also don't require and warriors have very minimal / optional washing too.

Fwiw I play a shadower and didn't start washing til level 60. Even now I just kinda casually do it every time I level, I currently have 8.4k HP which is about 16,800 with Meso Guard, so I'm pretty comfy during most bosses

• Like Like x 1
  17. JKNS

JKNS Selkie Jr.

Sep 21, 2020
    2:04 PM
    Hero, Dark Knight, F/P Arch Mage, I/L Arch Mage, Bishop, Night Lord
    Think everyone above has listed the jobs that you can play without washing (Hero, Paladin, Shadower, Bucc), so I just want to comment that even for those jobs, some amount of washing is recommended regardless of job to make the game easier or more comfortable for you. Washing gives you larger margins of survivability at bosses and can be the difference between tanking one hit barely vs. comfortably (and if you go further, 1 hit barely vs. multiple hits comfortably).

I count MP Washing as part of washing, so Mages fall in the boat of having to wash. The only class I'd say is very wash-investment mandatory is DrK (if you don't wash to 30k HP with HB, you're not viably bossing).

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. fael

fael Nightshadow

Jun 8, 2020
    Male
    4:04 PM
    Fael
    Night Lord
    SURRA
    I think if you want to do ALL contents, so you'll need to wash, but it's all about your goals with the server. There are many bosses that you can really do without wash, specially cuz you can have HB.

19. Huiae

Huiae Headless Horseman

Aug 1, 2015
    Female
    Seoul, Korea
    4:04 AM
    Verdict
    Bishop
    WeenieHutJrs
    Tfw i agree on both and I don't think those opinions are opposite...

It's just matter of ways of enjoying game. We got enough info. Selection should be done by each players hands, not by other guys forcing.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  20. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    3:04 AM
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    Long ago, when I asked a question on how much does a bucc needs to wash on discord forums, i got this as a reply.

[​IMG]

perhaps someone can clarify about melee class requirements on not getting HB.

this discussion can be found another the #question section in ML's discord