1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Octopus Bug

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by renew, Apr 29, 2021.

1. renew

renew Orange Mushroom

Aug 25, 2018
    7:33 AM
    renew
    Support to Octopus bug 40sec timer... ~How much does it hit for, double the rapid fire dmg? takes a sec to summon it. and attacks 2times per 5sec? piece of shit skill with only 40sec summon [​IMG] I want it to be useful like a Bahamut timer 160sec we deserve it especially if we can summon more! however I dont see the perks of it having only 40sec thats just lame With 4 summons, with a big time span we can help with wyverns at HT now that would be so fun and challenging.
    Buff Octopus bug cause in my eyes its never worth summoning one!
    [17:31]
    Corsairs deserve this~

• Disagree Disagree x 4
  2. Feeed

Feeed Mr. Anchor

Aug 4, 2020
    Male
    2:33 AM
    Feeed
    Corsair
    An Octopus does more damage than a cannon shot over the course of its 40 seconds, of course it's useful

+ now we're getting FOUR of them and upkeep management is going to be fun. I don't want to lower the skill ceiling. I'm not sure how you can argue making summons more braindead is "fun and challenging" :s

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Nise

Nise Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    3:33 PM
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    I like low CD octopus personally, because you can macro dismounting + octo together. If it were a one off thing that you summon once and forget about, you won't be able to maximize your dismounts as much i feel

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. OP
    OP
    renew

renew Orange Mushroom

Aug 25, 2018
    renew
    I just feel there can be better use of the octopus than macro using it on same spot over and over again.
    Just curious how many times do u dismantle over a 40sec period, will u even be able to up hold 4 summons at all time. Let's be realistic atleast 2mins doesnt make u pull off ur hair as u tryina hardcore macro ocptopus summon everytime u dismantle.
    I think its wonderful u get to summon more, however will I be using it in battle: no

5. Huiae

Huiae Headless Horseman

Aug 1, 2015
    Female
    Seoul, Korea
    Verdict
    Bishop
    WeenieHutJrs
    Ugh so.... shall I make Octopi mules for ezpz extra DPM and make bossing like Tower Defence...?

• Like Like x 1
  6. s0mething

s0mething Capt. Latanica

May 4, 2019
    11:33 PM
    Fun and challenging would be decreasing the duration for your summons, not increasing them. Forcing you to reposition and recast your octopus; therefore, increasing your chances of falling off the platform and climbing the rope. FUN AND CHALLENGING.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. OP
    OP
    renew

renew Orange Mushroom

Aug 25, 2018
    renew
    go ahead if you think u gonna survive mentally doing so, there is already like 10-15sec delay before u can summon another one. This is no HH abuse that deals 200k per 5-10sec during HT.

This is an idea actually "Ideal" of dealing with dark wyverns better for bishops who HT and Runners who get dispelled cause wyverns chase you, and also for the annoying 40sec low timer u have before u needa cast a new one, wait make that 4 new. ur fingers gonna hurt like a mfker. (there is no functional macro u can bind to do this)

However I heard from some sairs they deal 200k per octopus dpm on "dummies" while they mantle and summon
    I just dont see it worth summoning one I've never done it inside HT and nor will I try cause its kinda meme 40sec.
    This is my opinion, I respect everyone else and I got to learn about the dismantle + summon just now.
    However always thought while u are on the boat and u summon, its takes so much time before u can cannonfire again.

8. OP
    OP
    renew

renew Orange Mushroom

Aug 25, 2018
    renew
    not really no, im 100% sure u lose dpm casting them, people who says otherwise either use em on cwk mage boss or manon KEK

9. OP
    OP
    renew

renew Orange Mushroom

Aug 25, 2018
    renew
    Show me a HT dpm with pure octopus useage as u dis/mantle or how u do it and tell me you don't want another 40sec added, let's be honest 40sec ain't shit

10. Huiae

Huiae Headless Horseman

Aug 1, 2015
    Female
    Seoul, Korea
    Verdict
    Bishop
    WeenieHutJrs
    I have no idea how to explain adding triple times of octopi remaining changes game and abusable in funny ways....not in HT.

Will give you a clue. Single key input, 64 lines of dmg instead of current 16 lines. And I'm already using even 'mule with 200k dmg per single key input' VERY usefully. Just not in HT. (Sometimes, even in HT for some parts.)

+ reason why pro sairs use unmount+octopi macro frequently, instead of sticking on boat and octopi so don't cannonshot is completely different. I guess you didnt understand yet why nise mentioned that technique.

11. s0mething

s0mething Capt. Latanica

May 4, 2019
    Full disclosure, i'm a BM main, not a Corsair main. You can continue reading or skip my post completely, up to you.

Corsair mains, correct me if i'm wrong. In HT:
    Top tier sairs: ~8m dpm
    Average lvl 170-190 sairs: ~4-5m dpm
    lvl 155 corsairs ~2.5-4m dpm

Assuming it takes at most a total of 2 seconds to dismount + cast summon + dismount:
    a top tier sair would lose 160k dpm
    an average sair would lose 80-100k dpm

However, from what you stated, '200k per octopus dpm on "dummies"' (approximately 150k on HT?). The stationary factor of octopus can't be overlooked either. Unlike other summons, even if you happen to fall off the platform, your octopus will continue to generate somewhat of a consistent dpm for you.

Yes, it does require a little more effort, but IMO this looks like an overall dmg buff to average sairs while overall dmg to top tier sairs remain relatively the same. There's probably a sair out there developing a new meta on how to maximize the utility of the octopuses to increase their DPM even more.

Increasing the duration will only further increase the DPM for Corsairs. I don't think NLs will be too happy about that :D. I just hate to see Nise and co. go into this never ending cycle of trying to balance a class because there was a change to the overall "HT DPM spectrum of classes". You fix one problem, another one shows up.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. OP
    OP
    renew

renew Orange Mushroom

Aug 25, 2018
    renew
    your right I havnt used it myself, I need to comprehend what nise said, but I still its worth to have the summon up for more than 40sec, if we having 3 more to summon. It's reasonable imo

13. OP
    OP
    renew

renew Orange Mushroom

Aug 25, 2018
    renew
    I think you archers should be more mad about NL's having ShapeShifter & 500+ avoid than us getting knocked off platforms and leaving a tiny octopus on the edge a platform xD

14. s0mething

s0mething Capt. Latanica

May 4, 2019
    I've accepted my fate as a BM and will let the Corsairs and NLs duke it out for top DPM. :(

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. OP
    OP
    renew

renew Orange Mushroom

Aug 25, 2018
    renew
    + reason why pro sairs use unmount+octopi macro frequently, instead of sticking on boat and octopi so don't cannonshot is completely different. I guess you didnt understand yet why nise mentioned that technique.

I can't get this to work, anyone know how to dismantle and cast an octopus without making a backflip? cause thats like 2-3sec animation

16. OP
    OP
    renew

renew Orange Mushroom

Aug 25, 2018
    renew
    actually I just notice its the Octopus 3rd job skill that u can bind as Macro. This is news to me. Thanks for clearing this up

• Like Like x 1
  17. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    If you move too far away from the octopus it stops shooting. It also doesn't have 100% fire rate on horntail heads because they duck, and wings make the octopus glitch out and do nothing when attacking from the left side. Also octopus has pretty bad attack range. Octopus is really good when it is actually attacking, but this isn't always the case.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Huiae

Huiae Headless Horseman

Aug 1, 2015
    Female
    Seoul, Korea
    Verdict
    Bishop
    WeenieHutJrs
    No worry. actually approx 33% of each NLs DPM is by yours. LOL

19. yogurtseller

yogurtseller Mixed Golem

Nov 28, 2017
    wholesomeABG
    Shadower
    [​IMG]
    Top SS: Octopus @dpm 2 on the top right platform
    Bottom SS: No octopus @dpm 2 on the top right platform

Took many dpm2's until I had 2 minutes of no head cancels. dpm2 was chosen because it takes into account animation time for 3 complete summons (3x 40 seconds). It's hard to go above this because of weapon cancels making the comparisons difficult.

[​IMG]
    Octopus placed where the red box is

I think wrath of octopi scales with DEX, so it's probably not as effective if you're low levelled or have high base INT. Octopi isn't really worth it on the left side because it'll glitch out while wings are up and stop attacking (as Akash pointed out above) but I think it's still good on the top right side. I didn't really see the octopus stop attacking while on the top right.

On a target dummy, I get around +500k dpm from one octopus summon.

• Great Work Great Work x 2