1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Reduce Summer Raffle Cost

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by postcard, Sep 3, 2019.

1. postcard

postcard Selkie Jr.

Aug 17, 2018
    1:06 PM
    Postcard
    Bowmaster
    Vivid
    The current cost of one raffle pull has increased from 150 points to 200. However, the RNG on the fish caught with bait has also been adjusted so that the fish with the least value (worth one point) is more common.

I'm fine with the fish balance, it's probably what was intended from the beginning. But the increase in points cost for a raffle on top of the fish RNG change feels like a double nerf/overkill and a punishment against players who want to enjoy the event. And considering that the JQ/Beanstalk event don't give anything that can be exchanged for points, the increased cost is even more excessive.

tldr; change raffle cost back to 150 points from 200. Or even 200 > 175.

(I am enjoying the summer event; big thanks to all the staff who worked on it!! This is just my personal opinion on how to make it even more enjoyable.)

• Agree Agree x 28
    • Creative Creative x 1
  2. Altean

Altean Mano

Jan 25, 2019
    Female
    PST
    Altean
    I/L Wizard
    Yaoi
    I agree with this. The raffle cost should be reduced from 200 to 150. If the JQ/Beanstalk event contributed some points towards the raffle, players would be more incline to starting up Beanstalk (I honestly haven't seen much of the Beanstalk event) or if completing the JQ gave each player 25 or 50 points then it would be more reasonable to keep it at 200.

• Agree Agree x 5
  3. Hiyo

Hiyo Headless Horseman Retired Staff

Sep 21, 2016
    Kuwait
    11:06 PM
    Hiyo
    Camper
    Hello, as part of the QA team, we have to decided to not change the price of the raffle from 200 points, however we decided to buff how many Baits you get per Dog Treat. The following change is:

1 Dog Treat for 1 Bait (current) > 1 Dog Treat for 6 Bait (new)
    An announcement should be made soon on discord so hold onto those Treats for now! Hopefully this small change should overall give you more Bait to fish with and hit that jackpot Poppin. Happy fishing!

• Informative Informative x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Selquin

Selquin Headless Horseman

May 28, 2018
    2:06 PM
    Serperior
    Bowmaster, Night Lord, Buccaneer
    Pasta
    For those are interested, here is a quick estimation of how big this buff is.
    Roughly speaking you can farm about ~100 baits and ~50 boxes an hour.
    From opening 400 boxes yesterday, I gained 204 baits and 24 dog treats. I will assume that the conversion ratio from boxes to baits is about 1:2, and the dog treat ratio 1:16.

With this in mind, previous to the nerf you could farm about ~130 baits an hour (100 dropped baits + 25 box baits + 3dog treats). Post buff each dog treat will give an additional 5 bait, which means you will be seeing about 15 extra bait per hour. Thus this buff is on the order of ~10%.

To give a comparison, raffle prices were increased by 33% and Ap reset prices by 25%.

Of course this is just a rough estimation, but it should give you a decent idea of how the changes stack against one another.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  5. aaronis

aaronis Slimy

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Shadower
    Beaters
    very cool hiyo this is why ur my favorite retired staff member after nugzeh

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  6. MrPresident

MrPresident Capt. Latanica

Dec 19, 2017
    4:06 PM
    MrPresident
    Spearman
    I only have data from before the changes but I was getting 120-130 baits per hour (including boxes & dog treats) and those averaged 3.8 points per bait. This nets a total of 456-494 points per hour which was enough for 3 raffles/2 resets. Increasing the baits on dog treats is a nice bonus but I don't think it will make much of a dent when the average points per bait is lower and the raffle/reset costs are higher.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. Kanade

Kanade Mixed Golem

Sep 14, 2018
    8:06 AM
    Just nerf the CS/WS rates & reduce the price back to 150, bam problem solved.
    DM453etU8AAZwk7.jpg

8. mathijs2000

mathijs2000 Mushmom

Sep 4, 2016
    10:06 PM
    Night Lord
    GoedVerhaal
    I agree, they should of just fixed the bait to point ratio.
    But, they went overboard and decided to also nerfed the prices for both ap resets and raffles.
    Which I think is an overkill.

9. Dvah

Dvah Pac Pinky

Mar 21, 2018
    Male
    Africa I guess
    Dvah
    Dark Knight
    UpperLeveL
    Yes

• Great Work Great Work x 1
  10. OP
    OP
    postcard

postcard Selkie Jr.

Aug 17, 2018
    Postcard
    Bowmaster
    Vivid
    Thanks for the update, Hiyo!!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. MrPresident

MrPresident Capt. Latanica

Dec 19, 2017
    4:06 PM
    MrPresident
    Spearman
    Has this been implemented yet? Currently I get 2.28 points per bait compared to 3.8 from before any nerfs. Raffles have essentially doubled in price as they now take roughly 88 baits (200/2.28) when it used to be about 40 baits (150/3.8). I still think the raffle cost should be reduced because the fishing change was enough imo but dog treats can at least help if the cost will stay the same.

12. Hiyo

Hiyo Headless Horseman Retired Staff

Sep 21, 2016
    Kuwait
    Hiyo
    Camper
    The change has been implemented, treats should give you 6 bait per treat, however regarding the price of the raffle it is unlikely it will be modified for better or worse, however other changes that could ease the grind for a raffle may be made if it is needed.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. viidafreak

viidafreak Orange Mushroom

Jun 22, 2017
    Male
    4:06 AM
    Camper
    I think slight increase in drop rates for the baits could help.