1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Rework of Prestigious Coin massive tax free currency nature

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Toon, Aug 30, 2021.

Tags:
  1. RemiIia

RemiIia Mr. Anchor

Jan 25, 2019
    Female
    11:47 PM
    ⚜RemiIia Scarlet⚜
    Night Lord
    ⚜Scarlet⚜
    fair enough I guess

2. Whisp

Whisp Horny Mushroom

Jun 3, 2015
    1:47 AM
    So you basically want to add a rule to the TOS stating you are not allowed to farm on this map with more than 1 character or else you will be warned? And the way you want to enforce this is having a GM constantly on standby on these farming maps?

3. RemiIia

RemiIia Mr. Anchor

Jan 25, 2019
    Female
    ⚜RemiIia Scarlet⚜
    Night Lord
    ⚜Scarlet⚜
    why are you even arguing?
    as far as I know,you don't even multi-mage/ abuse -so it doesn't really affect you.
    unless you're hiding it, why would you want to pick sides with the abusers

they don't even need to be on standby.
    they just need to get alert(s) for those maps.
    literally just 1 mod around is enough, and i'm sure there's at least 1 at all times

again...
    (lazy??) lack of responblty?

Last edited: Dec 28, 2023
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  4. Whisp

Whisp Horny Mushroom

Jun 3, 2015
    I'm arguing against this because what you're suggesting is NOT hurting the multi-mage/multi-whatever abusers, but would help them. The original suggestion of adding WS/CS to farmable mobs does not help people that do not engage in mass farm abuse. Instead it helps the people that are willing to mass farm.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. RemiIia

RemiIia Mr. Anchor

Jan 25, 2019
    Female
    ⚜RemiIia Scarlet⚜
    Night Lord
    ⚜Scarlet⚜
    CS drop was original game content.

we can make ws/cs tradable again if we apply all the preventative measures against abusers.

6. Whisp

Whisp Horny Mushroom

Jun 3, 2015
    In the original game, no one even multi-cliented. It's the same as Old School Runescape where everyone used to sit around farming lobsters despite it being a terrible use of time. There's no way to make this feasible without drawing a bunch of imaginary lines in the sand. Is it allowed for people to actually play 4 characters at the same time to farm the map? Like they're actually teleporting around using ice strike or using multiple PCs to move concurrently and farm with an attacker?

7. RemiIia

RemiIia Mr. Anchor

Jan 25, 2019
    Female
    ⚜RemiIia Scarlet⚜
    Night Lord
    ⚜Scarlet⚜
    no, people just play normally with 1 character with thier friends in the game

8. Subterlabor

Subterlabor Nightshadow

Mar 13, 2023
    12:47 AM
    SweatLord
    Bowmaster
    Toilet
    Guys that response was like 90% troll stop fighting

The reality is it is impossible to balance the farmers and the normal players when it comes to pcoins and ws10. Multiclient farmers won't stop just because you nerf mages, dks, shads SoonTM.

The only feasible way to correct this is to remove gach altogether from drops, or ban multiclienting which Kimmy has openly said she can't/won't. To still provide a means of acquiring ws/cs a trader would likely have to be set up that buys/sells coins for a fixed price. Leech would inevitabely become the highest paying ev farming in the game. (Already is isn't it?) But everyone would have a even playing field relative to their own character infrastructure.

• Great Work Great Work x 1
  9. fael

fael Nightshadow

Jun 8, 2020
    Male
    3:47 AM
    Fael
    Night Lord
    SURRA
    why you guys are talking about multiclient farming? did you even read what the suggestion is about?
    actually, why "abuser" word is being used?
    hey, the problem is: prestigious coins are working as mesos, but they aren't being taxed. can we talk about solutions for this problem?

• Like Like x 3
  10. Subterlabor

Subterlabor Nightshadow

Mar 13, 2023
    SweatLord
    Bowmaster
    Toilet
    Remove pcoins from the game

Problem solved

• Useful Useful x 1
  11. fael

fael Nightshadow

Jun 8, 2020
    Male
    Fael
    Night Lord
    SURRA
    By reading your suggestion, all I can say is I'm sure you weren't playing on this server before prestigious coins patch. Or you weren't bossing, at least. PC were probably the best addition I've seen since when I started about 4 years ago.

• Like Like x 3
  12. RemiIia

RemiIia Mr. Anchor

Jan 25, 2019
    Female
    ⚜RemiIia Scarlet⚜
    Night Lord
    ⚜Scarlet⚜
    wipe all ws/cs first.
    remove ws/cs from gacha.
    tradeable again.
    remove pcoins.
    only ws/cs obtainable through event raffles, effectively evening the playing field LOL

Last edited: Dec 29, 2023
  13. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
    instead of asking for drastic change, why not learn how to play the game

• Like x 3
    • Great Work x 3
    • Disagree x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Creative x 1
  14. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    This will only work if there is some way to split the coins on the bosses, otherwise it will only kill the casual bossing even more

• Like Like x 1
  15. RemiIia

RemiIia Mr. Anchor

Jan 25, 2019
    Female
    ⚜RemiIia Scarlet⚜
    Night Lord
    ⚜Scarlet⚜
    thanks for the tutorial guide mr.knowitall

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
    that's because even if you wipe and implement all your suggestions nothing will change in the long term

• Like Like x 2
  17. beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    I mean things will change for sure. Nobody will run boss content and everyone will be competing for multimage and leech maps.

• Like Like x 1
  18. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
    assuming the multimage/dk stuff gets added to tos nothing will change still because you can nerf the process but not the player

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Subterlabor

Subterlabor Nightshadow

Mar 13, 2023
    SweatLord
    Bowmaster
    Toilet
    Leech regulates itself by directly interacting with the player base instead of being solely independant simply buying pots for shad/dk/mage mules, and is considerably less scaleable.

Ulu2 for example was my go-to means to fund myself and for whatever reason lately there is so many sellers I havent sold leech to a 6/6 party in 3 weeks, at points I calculated my profits to be sub 12m/hr and ended the leech. There is only so many buyers and with excessive competition you need to consider when its a trade off of meso/hr for the sake of utilizing the HS buff properly. So yes, it is possible to nerf the player.

Edit: for once I'm kind of with you on something. Gach should be removed altogether. Not just ws/cs, all of it with regards to mob drops. Remove the ability to farm literal tickets of meso entirely. Want to farm? Farm equips/drops or sell leech.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2023
  20. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
    it's a nerf to process, but if you can create something unique you can achieve differentiable returns relative to other players. over time it'll become apparent the only thing that shifts is the curve for power creep