1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Rework of Prestigious Coin massive tax free currency nature

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Toon, Aug 30, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Toon

Toon Capt. Latanica

May 22, 2020
    Male
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    3:34 PM
    Toon
    Marksman
    Pasta
    Like it has been debated lately, the Prestigious Coin gonna be a tax free currency but even more convenient than ws/cs as you gonna be able to buy mostly every item with Prestigious Coins. The fact that there is a 10m tax to convert them into ws/cs doesn't make it way better because only the person who is going to scroll with them gonna pay that tax. If the system gets implemented the way it’s proposed, i see most of the market gated to Prestigious Coins pricing. Nowadays, WS/CS are already tax free currency’s and this is totally linked to it’s hoarding and speculative nature. However, people mostly avoid tax using them to buy very expensive items. In this sense, Prestigious Coins open a new field of tax avoidance for even small purchases. Further, incentivizing tax free trades may devalue mesos even more. Devalue of mesos means a nerf to npcable drops from bosses and overall weaker purchasing power from most of the players, breaking the progression of the game and consequently discourage people to play for their goals. Therefore, i suggest the following:

1- When traded, a tax of 350,000 mesos per Prestigious Coin will be deducted from the receiver of the coin's inventory and not from any mesos added to the Trade Window.

2- The coin cannot be dropped, nor sold from a Hired Merchant/Personal Store.

3- The coin can be added to Storage and transferred without any fee between characters on the same account.

Why 350,000 per coin?

Staff seems to tax 15 prestigious coin as 5m to trade for a ws/cs. Therefore, 350,000 per coin is a close value to their tax expectation.

Pros:

• Prestigious Coins won’t be a tax free currency and won’t contribute to devalue from mesos and possible resurgence of broken game progression.
    • Seems feasible to code as MapleRoyals has a similar system for 1B coins. Although, there, tax is deducted from the owner of the coin instead of the receiver.
    • Incentivize player to player trade: making it harder for someone to buy all the coins and speculate its value.

Cons:

• The item gonna be taxed twice when bought by mesos. But, this double tax gonna be split by the buyer and seller. After all, the 350,000 gonna be deducted from buyer inventory, while the seller gonna have 2.5% meso reduction from current taxing system. However, i don’t see it as a big problem as meso sinks are always welcome.
    • Not as easy to find as using an owl.

With this change i believe the Prestigious Coins system won’t hurt our economy even more.

(EDIT 1): The Prestigious Coins being a OP and versatil tax free currency means that its value gonna be much higher than ws/cs utility value. It's the same problem we face right now with ws/cs hoarding but in a larger scale as every player gonna have funds to buy and sell items with them. The fact that they are farmable from bosses and not rng gated to gacha doesn't brings it's price closer to utility cs/ws value like intended by the staff proposal. In the end, everyone who can think at least a bit gonna trade their meso for the coins in the long run if they are released as proposed.

• Agree Agree x 12
    • Like Like x 3
    • Great Work Great Work x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  2. kalash

kalash Headless Horseman

Oct 18, 2016
    Male
    7:34 PM
    Kalash
    Night Lord
    Halcyon
    You won’t be able to convert your mesos to coins, though. You can buy them from others, but there’ll be a limited amount on the market (exactly like cs and ws)

3. OP
    OP
    Toon

Toon Capt. Latanica

May 22, 2020
    Male
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    Toon
    Marksman
    Pasta
    Can you elaborate more what you mean? I know you can’t convert them to mesos

4. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    2:34 AM
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    I might be wrong, but I think the main factor is mesos will become irrelevant and worthless, and everything is traded via these new coins instead

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. kalash

kalash Headless Horseman

Oct 18, 2016
    Male
    7:34 PM
    Kalash
    Night Lord
    Halcyon
    I agree that if there’s an insane amount if coins, mesos will be worthless. I expect (hope), however, that there won’t be enough coins to render mesos useless

6. OP
    OP
    Toon

Toon Capt. Latanica

May 22, 2020
    Male
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    Toon
    Marksman
    Pasta
    Accordinly to kimmy, there are more than 1k ws in the server, just from that we have 15k coins. This is not considering cs and constant influx of scrolls from gachapon and now coin from bosses.

7. Mageor

Mageor Mr. Anchor

Nov 11, 2020
    Male
    11:34 AM
    Mageor,rawrsaur
    Dark Knight, Bishop
    Asylum
    I think what OP meant was Prestigious Coin would become just another medium for hoarding mesos, which defeats the original purpose of introducing more white and chaos scrolls into the system

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. fael

fael Nightshadow

Jun 8, 2020
    Male
    Fael
    Night Lord
    SURRA
  9. Subterlabor

Subterlabor Nightshadow

Mar 13, 2023
    12:34 PM
    SweatLord
    Bowmaster
    Toilet
    Make ws+cs tradeable and drop at rare rates from mobs aswell as gach, abolish p-coins altogether. Problem solved.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  10. beegoratto

beegoratto Skelosaurus

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    Ah yes, let's return to even more farm-heavy metas where bossing is negative EV.

• Great Work Great Work x 7
  11. fael

fael Nightshadow

Jun 8, 2020
    Male
    Fael
    Night Lord
    SURRA
    jesus christ YOURE TOXIC lmaoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

• Agree Agree x 9
  12. fael

fael Nightshadow

Jun 8, 2020
    Male
    Fael
    Night Lord
    SURRA
    So smart :O damn

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. RemiIia

RemiIia Slimy

Jan 25, 2019
    Female
    ⚜RemiIia Scarlet⚜
    Night Lord
    ⚜Scarlet⚜
    this was and has always and will always be the answer.
    but they won't sooo
    at this rate.. the very least they can do is add P-coins to regular mobs at rare rates too in order to salvage the economy.

Hoarding was always my my concern with the introduction of P-coins.
    i've made a few threads to push for some changes but whatever i guess~

Last edited: Dec 28, 2023
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. Whisp

Whisp Horny Mushroom

Jun 3, 2015
    1:34 PM
    How is this the answer? Everyone would just start to multi-mage, multi-dk, multi-shad or whatever else to mass farm WS/CS instead of going to boss. I would never boss or sell leech again. I'd rather have 10+ clients farming those mobs for CS/WS.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. RemiIia

RemiIia Slimy

Jan 25, 2019
    Female
    ⚜RemiIia Scarlet⚜
    Night Lord
    ⚜Scarlet⚜
    that's where we implement the return to town mechanism.
    if 3+ ULT are cast in 1~10 second intervals on very specific maps, triggering the preventative parameters and sending their characters back to town.

again, I've made threads about issues we had in the server... but it's whatever i guess~
    2 years later and they still haven't heed my suggestion(s)

1. maybe lazy?
    2. mayb no forsight

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. Whisp

Whisp Horny Mushroom

Jun 3, 2015
    1:34 PM
    You don't think people will work around this? People already are making 10+ shadower farming mules that will not be using ultimates to farm.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Krythan

Krythan Wolfspider

Sep 2, 2022
    2:34 PM
    Krythan
    Bishop
    Sleepywood
    Let's say I have 2 mages. I put one on the left of ulu2, and one on the right of ulu2. Every eight seconds, they each cast 1 ultimate each and clear the map. That's fair game?

Meanwhile, two bishops partying together to 2-hit skeles shouldn't be allowed.

I think there are edge cases, and workarounds, that would undermine your proposed "solution".

18. RemiIia

RemiIia Slimy

Jan 25, 2019
    Female
    ⚜RemiIia Scarlet⚜
    Night Lord
    ⚜Scarlet⚜
    yeah, manually go into the map and send them to town, with a warning note.
    2-3 strikes policy

(>lazy?) no sense of responsibilities as mod?

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. Telepole

Telepole Red Snail

Oct 10, 2023
    Male
    2:34 PM
    Telepole
    White Knight
    Duds
    who let bro cook

20. Jaewonnie