1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Skill balances for all Jobs

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by KurayamiLove, Mar 27, 2019.

1. OP
    OP
    KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    2:43 AM
    KurayamiLove/Nagrom/Amatista
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    For now I think is ok to have simple changes hehe :p. All none-thief classes get hit a lot, just warrior gets stance and buccaneer some stance as well as I.frames. I just hope we get if not all most of the changes on a super buff patch, like that one that made Paladin an awesome job as well as giving othter jobs more potential :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Boxy

Boxy Chronos

Jul 2, 2017
    Male
    8:43 AM
    Beginner
    From what I tried out.. the character get hits by the magic attack (Even though it looks like a physical attack animation) first. Approx 1 second later mana reflection prox and the damage is reflected back to the mobs.

So mages still get the damage by the mobs first, after that it reflects the some damage to the mob

Last edited: Mar 30, 2019
  3. Breaklimits

Breaklimits King Slime

Feb 10, 2018
    Male
    Breaklimits
    Pirate
    ornhub
    Maybe a bit dps improvement on barrage??

4. OP
    OP
    KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    That is what I want every time they get hit they can do damage back, current max dmg is 200% which is not broken imo, would allow mages to do a bit more damage at bosses and bishops too to do dmg as they support the team with heals or anything

5. OP
    OP
    KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    I had an idea but I don't think it will get accepted to increase buccaneer overall damage, and that would make stun mastery a passive crit skill, reduce the chance to 40%. I didn't want to make too much massive changes suggestions even tho I have a lot in mind from the research I did, reducing the animation length by lowering the ms it takes to cast. Still, I think barrage is on a better spot than skills like assassinate. I did a lot of readjustments on the length of skills like strafe/snipe/arrow eruption and more skills from Marksman, all those skills at the same speed a Bowman can do it faster, for example, strafe with a bow at cap speed is 600ms and an xbow at cap speed does strafe at 630ms, doesn't sound like much but they are doing 5 fewer strafes per minute. So yeah let's keep these balance suggestions minimal, in the end, is Kimberly who decides what goes in hehe. Feel free to debate any balance about the game I really like talking about it and I have done some research to know about this subject :)

6. Rockler

Rockler Mixed Golem

Jan 8, 2016
    Male
    Sweden
    Nude
    Night Lord
    Scamure
    Making it so Paladin could remove cancels would be a great thing. Would make them almost a must in HT runs :)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. Althariisa

Althariisa Slimy

Jul 17, 2018
    Female
    9:43 PM
    Tauriel
    Dark Knight
    Honor
    Yes, those suggestions are really nice. and well the objetive is making BM/MM less struggling to lv up 110-120 till they get 4th job, and yes.. Arrow Eruption/Rain can be used in shaolin grinding, So they will not only depend on bossing/BFs. I support the buff on BM/MM.

Really, I dont know why Neckson designed Drk that way, I mean.. were the one of the slowest dps character even tho we risk a lot with zerk, our pots are expensive af (OH man, I die so much cuz im so poor to buy cheeses and i have to set up my hp autopotion to 15-20% which is so risky cuz gingseng roots are 40% setting up more high, i lost so much dps, plus hp auto fails a bunch.) So really, risking this way should be more rewarding i think, cuz we risk everytime to lose exp when bossing if we dont have charms on us and for just a little reward? thats sucks tho. so really the increase of the speed of crusher makes us a bit more useful in the time with bosses, and a bit overall better without zerk. BECAUSE WE RE UNABLE TO ZERK IN SOME BOSSES. (yes like nameless, zerk there and get the claw). So really i support this buff, there are so few high level dark knights active now, i know that people gets frustrated cause the low dps comparison with other classes, and the fact of the risk of zerk is frustrating. Also... with the new buff system, i guess its pretty viable to use smores as potion for zerking now. i hope this be take as consideration.

• Like Like x 1
  8. OP
    OP
    KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    More than get rid of them would prevent the boss from buffing up at all, avoiding cancels or reflects for a short period of time. If I would have to give numbers I would make the boss not use any buff for 1 minute and get a 10 minute cooldown

Last edited: Mar 30, 2019
  9. OP
    OP
    KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    Neckson balanced Crusher around 3rd job, spear has the highest multiplier of all warriors and all game (tied with NL using tt or luky7 at 5) and it makes sense they had to slow it down, Zerk is a huge liability but I would never make it a buff like combo, I enjoy zerking how it is even with its flaws. Technically speaking most games include a high-risk high reward system, zerk would be part of it but the reward is just not that good in terms of damage compared to combo or the charges, if I would have to balance it out I would make zerk a hero skill, they have more defensive tools and can make it work better and do a bit more damage than they do with combo, but I don't like giving up zerk cos I love it, another way to balance zerk would be decreasing its damage multiplier and increase crusher damage so even withpout zerk dk could do some damage, all this will need a lot of thought and I'm not gonna do any suggestion with numbers right now, I just want crusher to be a little bit faster so DK even staying weaker than hero and paladin would be closer to their dmg

10. Bonkorn

Bonkorn Timer

Dec 16, 2017
    8:43 AM
    Bonkorn, Iclyn, Magicorn
    Dark Knight, I/L Arch Mage, Bishop
    Promise
    Elemental or Partial Resistance won't make sense anymore if it works on Physical/Neutral attacks.

But the Horntail Left Head "Ice" attack was coded as Physical/Neutral attack (so Bishop's Invincible does reduce the damage) while visually ice. As reported before:
    https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/horntail-elemental-damage.23424/
    Still looking for this to be fixed so i can use lesser pots / zerk easier MapleF7

11. Soniii

Soniii Mixed Golem

Apr 10, 2015
    Female
    Chicago, IL
    5:43 PM
    ImSinXD
    Night Lord
    Beaters
    we don't need any buffs. this is a GMS like server SeemsGood

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  12. Rasenganjedi

Rasenganjedi Slimy

Apr 13, 2016
    Male
    Netherlands
    Buccake
    Buccaneer
    Nebula
    I still don't get why corkscrew blow and backspin only hits 3 enemies, it just annoys me with all my skills.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    6:43 PM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Because pirates are supposed to be like the half-assed hybrid that get some OP abilities early but only partly, apparently...

Example: summersault kick, mob like warrior but it has very short range and slightly weaker.
    dash: like haste (2nd job), but only on self and weaker
    oak barrel: like dark sight but has a failure rate
    mp recovery: kind of like chakra (3rd job) but converts hp to mp on 1/1 ratio
    corkscrew blow: like RUSH (4th job) but only hits 3 mobs
    energy charge: like stance (4th job) but only 75%

Or, I dunno. They're "unique" I'll say that much.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2019
  14. Althariisa

Althariisa Slimy

Jul 17, 2018
    Female
    9:43 PM
    Tauriel
    Dark Knight
    Honor
    Well its more than a reason to support more the balance <3

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. OP
    OP
    KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    Let me see the skills hmmm I got experience with all of them:
    somersault kick has 190% once is maxed compared to 130% fist job warriors mobbing skill, the multiplier for knuckle is high like most warriors weapons so I think is ok damage-wise, the range is weird to get used to tho, you do need to be close to the mob you hit but the effect lingers to other mobs nearby, so if the mob you hit is close to other mobs those other mobs get hit too, as if you pushed it to other mobs. Is weird to describe but range-wise is as effective as any other warrior melee attack at the time.
    dash is a bit worse than haste but with some equips that are common is easy to make it haste level, as it is I think is good.
    mp recovery is a skill that you can use a lot and does save pots, chakra as a 50% hp restriction that limits its usage and a very long animation. this skills uses 10% of your max hp to heal you mp that has usage if you have a healer or killing low lv mobs that don't deal you too much damage and alter on your hp with drain, also when you BF you don't get hit by BF at least not too often so you can use no pots with this drain and mp recovery method. The cast speed is as fast as booster so is not an inconvenience.
    corkscrew blow altho I admit I want it to hit more mobs it has more utility and deals more damage if you fully charge it up (420% if fully charged, rush does 130% altho it doesn't need charging if you don't use a sword your damage is stupidly inconsistent cos of warrior animation reliant multiplier). other qualities that this skill has and makes it the backbone of buccaneer's combat is that it has a lot of I.Frames, after it's used you gain around 1 second of invulnerability that can be used upon skills with no I.Frames like Dragon Strike or Somersault. This skill also unlike rush it can be used in the air give it some extra mobility options because you can move vertically with this (Like assaulter but not as good). Other uses are like rush, mob control pushing and an option to close the gap with a mob and do damage as you do so.
    energy charge stance is only 75% and charge is not as kill you always have up: I admit the stance option of buccaneer is not perfect and because of this they can struggle on the right side of HT, falling a lot, but if the boss has no platform or they don't get knocked out of the platform there is not that big of an issue since all your 1v1 options have I frames during it.
    Bucc is not perfect and could use some adjustments to be better, but not all is bad or as bad sey it is. I would like to call it perfectly flawed haha you love how it plays altho it has weaknesses if you remove them it wouldn't be the same. Kinda like I feel with Dks zerk, its a very flawed skill but that's what it makes it fun for me and I don't want that to go away hehe. For now we can suggest minor changes but for now let's not get too much into the core of stuff ( I know I saw that a lot here) Changs happen bit by bit .
    If anyone want to dsicus stuff liek that here or anywhere Im alwaus up to talk tank you for reading.

16. OP
    OP
    KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    That works too hehe. More than easier to zerk is less pot cost as well as mages being able to survive one hit if dispell happens
    Edit: Thanks for looing into ite, very apreciated

Last edited: Apr 1, 2019
  17. OP
    OP
    KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    Paladins,Marksmen,BM,Shadowers and Buccaneers:
    [​IMG]

18. kalash

kalash Headless Horseman

Oct 18, 2016
    Male
    Kalash
    Night Lord
    Halcyon
    I'm all for bucc dmg bufs. I feel like it's one of the most complicated classes. Wouldn't it be logical that it'd therefore be one of the strongest? Buccaneers are too weak. That's why the only lvl 200 pirate is KurayamiLoveKurayamiLove :)
    I've wanted to play a bucc forever, but I decided against it simply because NLs are SO much stronger. Even if my bucc had all perfect gear, I wouldn't able to match my NLs dpm (which has a 15 atk away from perfect claw).

19. OP
    OP
    KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    No one can, thats a NL issue lol as I said tt multiplier is 5 the only job that matches that multiplier is DK and they are slow-ass niwth no crit beside SE.
    Buccaneer lack of damage lies on barage>dragon strike comob being slow. At bossing they are not as bad as people say they are tho, they are better over any other mage or even shadower (Shadower Assasinate is a bit meh, would like to improve it a lot) unless the shadower throws milions of mesos.

20. Piitaa

Piitaa Blue Snail

Apr 26, 2017
    Male
    8:43 PM
    Shadower, Thief
    Plis make shadowers great again QAQ. So I can be useful in bossing :(