1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Skill balances for all Jobs

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by KurayamiLove, Mar 27, 2019.

1. asdfjkliang

asdfjkliang Selkie Jr.

Jul 10, 2017
    Male
    11:17 AM
    Mirage
    Hero
    Influence
    I agree that backspin blow and corkscrew blow should increase to 6 mobs since it will match with the amount of mobs dragon strike can hit. I think 10 mobs is alittle op for corkscrew blow. Just remember that corkscrew blow is a 2nd job skill, giving it 10 mobs would be op.

Another suggestion, we can give a passive effect on a 4th job skill that gives a +3 mob hit on corkscrew blow and backspin blow. I am speaking if the staff can make this possible

Last edited: Apr 12, 2019
  2. OP
    OP
    KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    5:17 PM
    KurayamiLove/Nagrom/Amatista
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    I think is possible but I think is better and fits more biffing the base skills

3. ColouredNote

ColouredNote Pink Teddy

Sep 17, 2018
    Male
    4:17 PM
    -
    Warrior
    -
    The only thing I can say is:
    • Increase the duration of Hyper Body
    • Increase the damage of Inferno, Dragon Pulse
    • Give Inferno its DOT thing

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Lidas

Lidas Mixed Golem

Sep 14, 2017
    Male
    6:17 PM
    Lidas
    Bowmaster
    Idea: Rage skill give +5 attack. But its add on pots/other buff skills.
    I think it will make it more useful.

• Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  5. yogurtseller

yogurtseller Mixed Golem

Nov 28, 2017
    8:17 AM
    wholesomeABG
    Shadower
    Suggestion for shads: Increase pickpocket meso cap from 200 mesos -> 1k so that it's worth using in bosses/small grinding maps like 7F. However this has the potential for meso farming abuse where shads can just sit at target dummies and farm mesos.

Maybe a tradeoff could be that you can't loot the pickpocket mesos?

Last edited: Apr 14, 2019
  6. OP
    OP
    KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    Rage, as it is, is pretty cool, let's just make enrage your default w att skill.

7. OP
    OP
    KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    1. The 1vs1 dmg problem on shadower comes from assassinate and how it works rather than in meso explosion

8. OP
    OP
    KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    I think Dragon Pulse is just a utility skill so damage is not as relevant so I think is better to just make it get rid of mobs that are on you.

9. Piitaa

Piitaa Blue Snail

Apr 26, 2017
    Male
    Shadower, Thief
    Give shadowers shadow partner huehue that might fix the damage issue :p

I also do kinda wish savage blow would do more damage :/ but then again that’s what assasinate and step is for...

Last edited: Apr 14, 2019
  10. ColouredNote

ColouredNote Pink Teddy

Sep 17, 2018
    Male
    -
    Warrior
    -
    I have seen a fair few people on discord say that Inferno/Blizzard are unable to perform critical hits without the use of Sharp Eyes. If this is indeed true, then how about fixing this (I assume) bug?

Perhaps we should list the pros and cons of each class and give ideas for what needs buffing and what does not.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. yogurtseller

yogurtseller Mixed Golem

Nov 28, 2017
    wholesomeABG
    Shadower
    That depends on the SP build of the character. Some shadowers like me would benefit because assassinate is maxed after boomerang, shifter, and taunt.

12. OP
    OP
    KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    Assassinate, as it is, is a bit clunky and slow, build doesn't matter. I'm aware that shadowers often get the more grind oriented build with taunt and boomerang first (they are the best along paladin when comes to non mage grind). I could do an extense talk about what to change about it if needed heh

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. OP
    OP
    KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    I think when comes to marksman and bowmaster inferno and blizzard do not crit, also would be nice if marksman charge would go away when it gets hits(As I said seems unfair since other charging skills from other jobs do not have this. I'm not sure if is an actual feature or a bug but that should go away, both things

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. ColouredNote

ColouredNote Pink Teddy

Sep 17, 2018
    Male
    -
    Warrior
    -
    It would be nice if mages got a boost in order to help them with bossing. Going over the comments people have made here it seems that they are not all that desired for bossing? So perhaps give them a little helping hand
    • Increase the damage or attack speed of Chain Lightning/Paralyze/Angel Ray
    Also I have read that Dragon Knights/Dark Knights have a slow attack speed, so give them an increase in that?

Perhaps give buffs to summon skills to make them more useful, or at least for mages. From playing my Ice/Lightning Mage all I can say is that Ice Strike felt a bit on the weak side, and it's not that great for bossing, and neither is Thunder Spear (speed boost please).

Maybe if we want to be lazy then just give small buffs to all skills or something.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    I second this - would love to see more mages welcome to boss squads other than bishops.

16. Lidas

Lidas Mixed Golem

Sep 14, 2017
    Male
    6:17 PM
    Lidas
    Bowmaster
    Soon with the new dpm checking map, we might be able to make damage chart and compare the classes in a better way.
    I hope all skills can be fully used there.

17. Krauser94

Krauser94 Designer Staff Member Graphics Designer

Nov 6, 2016
    Male
    Krauser94
    Shadower
    Nebula
    It has been a long journey until the change of making the pet loot the pickpocket mesos, to now revert that but yeah, i agree that the dmg 200 mesos deal is borderline crap (and being nice to it), compared the dmg you will deal with, lets say 500 (no need to reach 1k), but that might need to be discussed.

Mostly for things like "what should be considered: buffing mesos drop by pickpocket or changing Meso explosion a little?"
    But that is mostly a thing to worry on 3rd job, later, at 4th there are better things.

BUT Also:

Kurayami knows better than i do the maths and the sorcery behind the way dmg works on the skills, so a better reasoning can be made on that side than mine.

(Maths MVP)

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Rockler

Rockler Mixed Golem

Jan 8, 2016
    Male
    Sweden
    Nude
    Night Lord
    Scamure
    Grinding wise shadower is op so dont think bomerangstep should be touched, fixing assasintes low dmg would be something tho :)

19. Rockler

Rockler Mixed Golem

Jan 8, 2016
    Male
    Sweden
    Nude
    Night Lord
    Scamure
    Assasintes damage aint that bad in numbers its just that it takes like 2 seconds to use it. So its slow af :(

20. Hyoon

Hyoon Zakum Retired Staff

Dec 1, 2015
    All these ideas are interesting, and some will likely be taken into consideration.

But I feel like the majority is trying to be unique then balancing a class, or buffing comparing a totally different class (which is totally unrelateable).