1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Skill balances for all Jobs

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by KurayamiLove, Mar 27, 2019.

1. Rockler

Rockler Mixed Golem

Jan 8, 2016
    Male
    Sweden
    12:31 AM
    Nude
    Night Lord
    Scamure
    Since PinkBean is coming out ”soon” i think every class needs a buff.
    Buff NL please :cry:

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  2. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    4:31 PM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    I think the mana reflection actually makes attacks miss? So we wouldn't want that because it could make mages virtually invincible in the right circumstances. However I have suggested that the mana reflection damage reflect be buffed to the more GMS-like levels. Not just because GMS did it, but because the current damage output it gives is pretty much negligible.

Element composition could also really use a buff. It's such a trash skill. It's fairly slow, single target, and not affected by elemental wands.

3. OP
    OP
    KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    KurayamiLove/Nagrom/Amatista
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    I think Mana reflection isn't like power guard is more of a get hit and do some dmg to the boss when you get hit. If I wrong feel free to correct me hehe. When comes to composition is hard to buff, in a sense to make people use it, they can't overpower the 4th job bossing skills and even if you increase its damage I think both archmages would rather grind anyways and get fast to 4th job (and both archmages are quite fast at grinding thru 3rd job). I would like more to see Paralyze and Chain Lighting buffed but they already got buffed o.o

4. asdfjkliang

asdfjkliang Selkie Jr.

Jul 10, 2017
    Male
    6:31 PM
    Mirage
    Hero
    Influence
    Is it possible to decrease the delay from Corkscrew Blow --> Backspin Blow or Backspin Blow --> Corkscrew Blow. It would make rushing bosses to the other side of the map faster. Just a suggestion, I dont think it will necessarily make the class overpowered since Buccaneers are still underwhelming.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Breaklimits

Breaklimits King Slime

Feb 10, 2018
    Male
    Breaklimits
    Pirate
    ornhub
    For buccaneer i know i asked already but maybe try to enable crockscrew while being in transform so u dont lose mobility???

6. NguyenKh17

NguyenKh17 Red Snail

May 30, 2018
    Male
    AmariaSylvan
    Beginner, Buccaneer
    Honor
    I agree on the 90% stance for Buccaneer's Energy Charge. It may sound unfair for Warriors since they need to spend 30 sp on their stance at 4th job. But it's not like Bucc is always charged to have his/her stance, and it's incredibly frustrated when 90% time you spent in HT is climbing ropes.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. asdfjkliang

asdfjkliang Selkie Jr.

Jul 10, 2017
    Male
    Mirage
    Hero
    Influence
    Wait, I might be late to this but when you transform/super transform, you can't use barrage/corkscrew/etc???

^And also, if giving 90% stance for Bucc's Energy Charge isn't an option, how about giving them the 75% stance as passive? Stance is more consistent but not as overpowered and unfair to warriors since they have to add 30sp to get their 90% stance. I think this will be a better increase for quality of life.

8. OP
    OP
    KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    I already asked loooong ago about removing all restrictions on any transformation, but is hardcoded and can't be changed guys T.T that's why is not here I know it wont happen

9. OP
    OP
    KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    Adding stance as passive is a bit too unfair compared to warriors, I'm not sure if it can be added but I think it wont get the pass x-x. TBH I even wanted bowmaster to have 75% stance while casting Huricane lol so they do more DPS

10. asdfjkliang

asdfjkliang Selkie Jr.

Jul 10, 2017
    Male
    Mirage
    Hero
    Influence
    rip Barrage + Demo combo :c

11. thugric

thugric Capt. Latanica Retired Staff

May 10, 2017
    Male
    TaxDog
    Marksman
    Beaters
    You got some amazing suggestions, just gonna follow up on a few of them.

Archers
    • Arrow Rain/Eruption: This is quite nice, but not super duper needed. Overall it's definitely a nice QoL change. This will decrease the struggle training from 110 - 120., and increase their training speed at gallos // spirit vikings. Other than that, this change won't change much else in terms of training for both MM's and BM's.
    • Dragon's Breath: A part of this suggestion was mentioned here. I am SORTA against it due to how easy archers can solo bosses with puppet (+ Hamstring for BM's). However, I extremely support having DB work on mobs at close range. Having to use Power Knock-Back (PKB), then Dragons breath to fully knock away the mobs is very inconvenient and slows the clear speed in mobs. Visual Example. I could have saved a least a second in mob clear time if I didn't have to PKB the mobs out of the way. My only concern is if there would be any bugs with Mortal Blow when using dragon's breath with that melee range change.
    • Blind: Even if a MM would have the skill maxed at around lvl 192, a 30% decrease in accuracy on bosses could potentially be game changing due to how often a boss may miss their spell attack. Perhaps apply the 30% decrease regular mobs, and half that rate on bosses? But again the skill is a 3 min cooldown with 40% success rate at max level.

Thief:
    Double Stab: I'm open to this suggestion as lower levels may do very little damage due to them washing. Make yung bandits a lil more viable for kpq

Pirate:
    Double Shot: Also open to this suggestion for the same reason as buffing double stab

• Like Like x 1
  12. OP
    OP
    KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    I like that boss thing in Blind, would be like Power Guardz the effect of it is halved on Bosses.The pushing thing is not a change on the skill is a change on the mobs, mobs sumoned by HT or Zakum are considered bosses in a way that they canot be pushed back by skills like Dragon Breath or Ninja Storm, Bosses like BF or Targa should not be pushed by those skills. This buff was more for NL since arrow rain still can hit at melee range if they get cornered by wyverns or zakum sumons, NL could just push em away then proceed to clean instead of punching ackwardly wile the pt clear them.

13. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    4:31 PM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    I'd think if double stab deserves any kind of change, it should only be lowering the MP consumption slightly.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. michaelxii

michaelxii Horny Mushroom

Oct 6, 2018
    Male
    3:31 PM
    michaelxii
    F/P Arch Mage
    California
    For your mage suggestions, I agree with them!

I'd like to add a QoL suggestion. When we're all beginners, we roam maps really slowly. I try to max Nimble Feet ASAP to save time, but the long cooldown makes it feel unnatural and useless. Maybe we could lower the cooldown to like 10 seconds? That way it's not a constant speed skill like haste, teleport, or a mount.

However, it's useful enough to use as a beginner until you figure out a consistent way to move faster.

15. OP
    OP
    KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    I just modificed the thief sugestion with a buff to Smoke Screen, now that I think of it I regret not adding it early and is a very balanced change in my opinion that may make Shadowers more wanted on parties and make them more interactive with the boss since ou now need to plan more when to use it. No more edits on the post XD let us leave it like that

Last edited: Mar 29, 2019
  16. OP
    OP
    KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    Mostly I think double stab needs more damage since using SP on it rather than os Luk7 is objectively worst. About beguiner skills I never thought of a buff for them since I never played a perma beguiner or islander o.o .

17. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    3:31 PM
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    [​IMG]
    Wut now? You want to devalue my no trading/shopping homeless roleplay ironman?

Or maybe just make the Double Stab tooltip accurate. It actually costs 2 more MP than it says that it does. In my hobo thread I have screenshots of it dealing more damage than it says it should, too. Like at level 7 it says it deals 84% damage but it can actually deal more than 100%. I don't know how it'll act when it's max, I'll be sure to share like in a week when he finally reaches level 30. Those last 6 levels are tough.

18. OP
    OP
    KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    I have not seen any special formula for Double stab, should work like any other skill and apply the % on the range, even with a damage buff I think Luky7 still better cos of the range and instant mastery

19. Krauser94

Krauser94 Designer Staff Member Graphics Designer

Nov 6, 2016
    Male
    Krauser94
    Shadower
    Nebula
    I need to agree on the fact that some tweaks are based on personal experience from KurayamiLoveKurayamiLove and dont mean to make the job fully OP, more like, trying to fix some tiny things that work poorly or make the skill more useless than it should.

As a shadower myself, "shield mastery" is the biggest piece of garbage i had the disgrace to even read as a skill for example. And "chakra" sounds nice as a chief bandit but you never get to really use it, you just add points there because there is nothing else literally to raise. (Also the double stab buff would be nice, because it makes no sense to me the "hybrid build" where ppl makes a bandit BUT raise the throwing star skill just because is clearly better. Like...WTF???)

The ones for other jobs i can't give opinion sadly, but as long ppl gives their opinion too, its a healthy discussion SlimeBlush

20. Lidas

Lidas Mixed Golem

Sep 14, 2017
    Male
    1:31 AM
    Lidas
    Bowmaster
    In regard corsair and archer getting hit alot and losing damage. I was thinking on 2 ways.
    To change focus and bullet time (1st job avoidability skills) to work on %.
    Or to give paladin party skill for stance, that is based on char base dex. Will give around 15-30% stance.

Though I dont know if its even needed,since i dont know dpm difference between the classes. Just wanted to bring this ideas out.