1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Buff the boss card drop rates for MPQ/OPQ.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by raysinz5, May 18, 2020.

Should more obsolete PQ's have a Boss Card Drop Rate Increase

1. Yes

10 vote(s)
    90.9%
  2. No

1 vote(s)
    9.1%
  1. raysinz5

raysinz5 Mr. Anchor

Jul 1, 2015
    Male
    1:22 PM
    I/L Mage
    Based on my personal experience, I've run the Magatia party quest over 40 times and only received one card from winning the roll/boss dropping the card. I've gotten 1 card from someone dc'ing and winning 2nd highest roll and 1 person willing to sell me the card. Orbis PQ was not as bad due to people more willing to sell me cards.

I find this incredibly frustrating because I find great satisfaction from collecting boss cards in party quests. However, this gradually becomes monotonous when 10,20,30 runs go by in MPQ and you haven't gotten a card. You have to win the roll and hope the boss drops it.

The reason I specifically mentioned these two party quests is that they are heavily gated by requiring specific classes, the other more viable and "meta" ways of leveling up at these level ranges, and the time it takes for each PQ(best case scenario 17-18min for OPQ(20-25 min avg) and 13 min for MPQ(15-20 min avg)). Furthermore, these party quests also require 4 for MPQ and 5-6 people for OPQ. Meaning that winning the rolls is rare. You can't just run a 3 man party quest like ppq or EPQ to maximize your chances of winning a roll. LPQ is also frustrating, but at least you will have no trouble gathering a PQ and finding someone to sell you a card. You will oftentimes struggle to gather a PQ together for OPQ and MPQ. If you are lucky enough to form a party, you are then at the mercy of RNG for the card drop.

What motivated me to finally create this thread is that I recently managed to get a full party in MPQ who pitied me since I was level 85 and were willing to sell me the boss card. I managed to run 8-9 ish party quests with a guaranteed chance of me looting the card. As you can guess, none of the boss cards dropped in these runs.

I have no doubt that you can start from level 71 and go to level 85 doing MPQ without completing your boss set, which I find incredibly stupid and unreasonable, even if you are extremely unlucky like me. I did MPQ essentially from high 70's to 85 straight with several PQ's before that.

All I can say is, buff the drop rates so that people don't have to rely on buying from other people or getting "extremely lucky" in order to complete a set of 5. In no universe should I be committing over 40 PQ's (not counting the PQ's that I've had to restart due to DC's and bugs that wouldn't allow me to advance) only to get 1 card on my own roll win/boss drop.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. DrJason

DrJason Windraider

May 30, 2018
    Male
    Canada
    DrJason, Zrar, WhyDaggers
    Islander, F/P Arch Mage
    Oddjobs
    I want the PQ to be open to above level 85, that way people that already exceeded the level limit when the PQ was released can have a way to get the card naturally (instead of via the exchange in taiwan) as well as complete the quests associated with it :/

It would also increase the number of people actually doing MPQ, making it easier to get parties together

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. OP
    OP
    raysinz5

raysinz5 Mr. Anchor

Jul 1, 2015
    Male
    I/L Mage
    Agreed, I see people constantly needing to "suicide" in order to stay within the level range. If PPQ has a 45 level difference, I don't see why MPQ level cap has to be at 85. Unless it is impossible to code in the game.

4. xadra

xadra Capt. Latanica

Jun 6, 2017
    Male
    1:22 AM
    Adra
    Paladin
    Divide
    I don't even see an issue with having 100% card drop rate for PQ bosses. More incentive to do them, especially with the current climate of the server where everyone is either leeching or doing hyper optimized leveling strategies