1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

New/More Channels

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by xmonica, Jun 7, 2020.

Tags:
  1. xmonica

xmonica Snail

Jul 4, 2019
    Female
    11:28 AM
    xmonica
    Beginner
    Hi! I have been playing MapleLegends for a few months now and with the increasing numbers of players, it has been so hard to even train! Many people prefer to grind and all the channels are always taken and it is becoming increasingly difficult to even find a channel at any of the few good training spots for my level. It has resulted me to going PQ which i dont mind however not many people do this (especially MPQ). It is so difficult to find a party of FOUR. My suggestion is to add more channels if possible. Thankyou!

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. FCOArlo

FCOArlo Master Chronos

Apr 25, 2020
    USA
    9:28 PM
    Wyman | Salladhor
    Dark Knight
    Katsu
    Agreed.

3. SwordnBoard

SwordnBoard Selkie Jr.

Jun 17, 2017
    Male
    2:28 AM
    SwordnBoard
    Paladin
    TeaDrinkers
    I refuse to believe there is no space to grind.

Take some time to find other less meta/high xpm maps, perhaps you will be the one to pioneer the next meta map with a creative clear rotation.

• Like Like x 2
  4. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    6:28 PM
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    How many more channels do you think it would take to appease your situation?

5. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    6:28 PM
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    When the price of shoalin 5-6 map goes from 45m down to 10m.

• Like Like x 1
  6. cakesogood

cakesogood Windraider

Oct 2, 2017
    Male
    Japan
    9:28 AM
    Demun, kokushibo
    Hero
    Honor
    needs change fast... there are not enough efficient maps to leech, grind n party. Think 10 channels will be perfect amount

7. Selquin

Selquin Headless Horseman

May 28, 2018
    7:28 PM
    Serperior
    Bowmaster, Night Lord, Buccaneer
    Pasta
  8. MGTOWMONEY

MGTOWMONEY Orange Mushroom

Mar 30, 2020
    Male
    8:28 PM
    MGTOW
    Warrior
    Limiting the amount of channels doesn't really achieve the goal of "chance to meet more people". People are now passing popular maps to their friends, selling maps, or holding maps (gen every few mins) when they take breaks. These encounters do not create meaningful interactions or good impressions between players.

Also, there's increase in player conflict. Like when a person loses mapowner because he took a break and forgot to refresh. Then someone else comes into map and get ownership. Then that person accuses the other player of "stealing the map".

10 channels sound like a good number.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. mantouks

mantouks Slime

Oct 10, 2015
    Female
    Singapore
    debs|derps|soleus
    Bishop
    SweetDream
    I would usually agree with adding channels since we only had 6 before the influx of new players but I think adding channels at this point will not be solving anything. Like someone mentioned earlier, there are other maps that you can grind at, but simply not willing to.

Please also consider the situation were new players start going back to their normal lives and stop playing. There will be too many channels and empty maps. More channels = more bosses as well.

With regards to map selling, I would rather GMs make it bannable so people stop hogging maps and profit from that.

• Agree Agree x 4
  10. yurain

yurain Windraider

Dec 30, 2019
    YUrain
    I/L Wizard
    If we expand 10 channels now, then next month someone is going to suggest 12 channels and so on. This is just not the right solution for the long term.

There is also the problem of leeching where a high level mage will just nuke the whole map within its spawn cycle. Orginally, this map can be shared by a party of a few people, but now 1 mage can just hoard it all.

Really more maps should be made available and efficient to train in, nerf the current hotspot and buff some others. This would be more efficient to buff those huge maps, like deep ludi ones where people have to party up to cover the whole map.

And yea, map selling should be banned. It is so annoying af.

• Agree Agree x 5
  11. MGTOWMONEY

MGTOWMONEY Orange Mushroom

Mar 30, 2020
    Male
    8:28 PM
    MGTOW
    Warrior
    The server population increased by like 3-4 times and there was only 2 additional channels.

All the popular leeching maps are also the very good training maps, and most are full 24/7. Because of the coronavirus causing people to work at home, there's people who sometimes take a map and don't leave for 5-10 hours.

10 channels is like a nice round number. A bit more then what we have now, give players slightly more room to find maps at popular places and balances kimmy's goal of 'not making server feel empty' by having too channels. The staff can easily adjust the number of channels when the population decreases/increases in future.