1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Information Summer 2020 Balance Changes [Explained]

Discussion in 'Update Notes' started by Nise, Aug 31, 2020.

1. MeatSlam

MeatSlam Mushmom

Apr 2, 2020
    Male
    3:25 AM
    MeatSlam
    Page
    I understand where you are coming from but there really isn't anything to test. Paladins will no longer be using HH at horntail. This is a fact. As a result they will lose significant value likely to the point where they will be one of if not the worst classes to bring.

No one is defending HH mules. We wanted them gone. But I'm not sure this was the way to go about it.

Here's a question: If HH mules somehow never existed would you have still nerfed HH? I feel like the answer is no. So then why punish Paladin mains for fixing something unrelated to them?

• Agree Agree x 11
  2. boldaslove

boldaslove Dark Stone Golem

Jul 19, 2015
    5:25 AM
    BoldAsLove
    I/L Wizard
    Synergy
    Let's give it a try. Thanks again guys. Excited for whatever you all cook up next!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Foxes

Foxes Dark Stone Golem

Sep 2, 2019
    2:25 AM
    > nerf a core skill for bossing to the point where it's no longer usable
    > someone asks for the SP to be refunded
    "Stop demanding compensation"

OBVIOUSLY MEMING, don't take that seriously

If you destroy an entire playstyle by making a skill useless outside of two situations, why are you surprised someone wants to be able to reinvest those SP into other skills that now provide better value? Sure, in the past you nerfed the hammer by 1/3rd (10s vs 15s) but when you consider that on top of that you're now nerfing it by an additional 75%, it's no longer a functional skill. It's kind of insulting to claim we need to get into the game in order to see how it works. It's a 75% damage nerf on a skill that attacks so slow it's no longer worth using, simple math.

It's not like a user can reasonably expect to be able to re-invest those SP on their own, as it's a literal 120k+ nx investment, aka almost a month of voting. I would either have to quit the character for month, or even permanantly. By the time I have the nx saved up, another balance patch might come through and "fix" the skill, which I highly doubt, as it seems obvious you're no longer interested in palis being able to use hammer for anything but showlin / nt, aka wreking their class identity. I just spent literally probably a hundred+ hours getting the t10 ring on my pali (literally finished the morning the patch started), I maxed out the characters equip, use, and etc. inventory slots, and multiple other things. I don't want to quit that character, I was looking forward to getting it to the point were I could participate in the parts of NT that (allegedly) aren't cancer (the bossing).

I get you're busy, and mabye not everyone expresses that they're grateful, I'm sure they are for new content etc.. There's always going to be negativity around an update where such a heavy nerf occurs, especially with no corresponding buff or even trying to alleviate the situation by allowing users to respec based on the new conditions of the playing environment.

• Agree Agree x 8
  4. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    Every single NT boss is a single target situation where you would not be using heavens hammer as your main source of damage in the first place.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Foxes

Foxes Dark Stone Golem

Sep 2, 2019
    I get that, I mainly meant in regards to zak (arms), cwk, and ht.

6. benQ

benQ Pac Pinky

Oct 14, 2016
    Male
    5:25 PM
    benQ
    Bishop
    maple
    same thing happened to Summons on last patch..
    they 'd nerfed the Summons 70% due to afk heartstopper farming
    so all classes with Summons (bahamut / phoenix etc) got punished for fixing something unrelated to them
    no SP compensation too.. sounds familiar..? :hungover:

7. Romel

Romel Stone Golem

Jul 10, 2018
    Male
    4:25 AM
    oXLuffyXo
    Buccaneer
    Yonkou
    Para empezar HH ya era muy OP en comparación a lo que debía ser por que en realidad el tiempo de reutilizacion en un inicio fue de 30 segundos, no es el fin del mundo, si ya jugaste esta clase y tienes experiencia lo mejor seria plantear alternativas razonables para no perder el equilibrio de daño en tu paly

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. s0mething

s0mething Capt. Latanica

May 4, 2019
    not really a response but a google translate which I believe should be repeated.

To begin with, HH was already very OP compared to what it should be because in reality the cooldown at the beginning was 30 seconds, it is not the end of the world, if you have already played this class and have experience, the best thing would be to propose alternatives reasonable so as not to lose the balance of damage on your pally - RomelRomel

• Great Work Great Work x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. Foxes

Foxes Dark Stone Golem

Sep 2, 2019
    I don't disagree, mabye 30s would have been a better solution, but it would have still been a pretty huge nerf (50% effectiveness compared to current / 33% effectiveness compared to previous patches). As it stands now it's 25% effective compared to current / 16.67% compared to previous. This nerf is extreme enough that the skill is no longer functional for bossing. Even if they reimplemented it as 30s now, they likely would have eventually taken this drastic measure again in the future.

Just spitballing, one idea would be to reduce elemental advantage damage to closer to 125 or 130%, while increasing blast and acb damage in order to reduce the reliance on elemental advantages, while hopefully not nerfing them for NT. I'm not sure what the balance there would be but I'm sure it could be figured out. I could also see the % from elemental advantages being pretty hardcoded cuz Neckson

The problem is there was 0 community involvement in regards to the patch / how until literally the day the patch details were released. As a result, there was 0 time to provide input / other suggestions of how to fix it, and we were essentially blindsided. In addition the current patch provides no level of buff to support the class, just screws them over with the hollow promise of "we'll buff you later." In addition, judging by how my requests was described as "demanding compensation" it seems unlikely they'll fix the fact that so many palis now have 30 points in a useless skill in most situations.

(google translate)
    No estoy en desacuerdo, mabye 30s habría sido una mejor solución, pero aún así habría sido un nerf bastante grande (50% de efectividad en comparación con la efectividad actual / 33% de efectividad en comparación con parches anteriores). Tal como está ahora, es un 25% efectivo en comparación con el actual / 16.67% en comparación con el anterior. Este nerf es lo suficientemente extremo como para que la habilidad ya no sea funcional para mandar. Incluso si lo volvieran a implementar como 30 ahora, es probable que eventualmente hubieran tomado esta drástica medida nuevamente en el futuro.

Solo escupiendo, una idea sería reducir el daño de ventaja elemental a más de 125 o 130%, mientras aumenta el daño de explosión y acb para reducir la dependencia de las ventajas elementales, mientras que con suerte no las debilitará para NT. No estoy seguro de cuál sería el equilibrio, pero estoy seguro de que podría resolverse. También pude ver que el% de las ventajas elementales está bastante codificado porque Neckson

El problema es que no hubo participación de la comunidad con respecto al parche / cómo hasta, literalmente, el día en que se publicaron los detalles del parche. Como resultado, no hubo tiempo para proporcionar información / otras sugerencias sobre cómo solucionarlo, y esencialmente nos sorprendió. Además, el parche actual no proporciona ningún nivel de mejora para apoyar a la clase, simplemente los arruina con la promesa vacía de "te mejoraremos más tarde". Además, a juzgar por la forma en que mis solicitudes se describieron como "exigiendo compensación", parece poco probable que solucionen el hecho de que tantos palis ahora tienen 30 puntos en una habilidad inútil en la mayoría de las situaciones.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Romel

Romel Stone Golem

Jul 10, 2018
    Male
    4:25 AM
    oXLuffyXo
    Buccaneer
    Yonkou
    ENGLISH
    Hi nise, i hope you read this. I was reading your last post and the previous post, looking how the people are losing their minds by those sudden changes about SI & HH and i want to suggest you some things from my own point of view.

The point is that i was so familiarized with the paladin skills of the old school, even here my second attacker is a 175 paladin washed and polished to the max. I am concious of the heavy work that balancing a class, its being talk that the pally will lost his identity as a class, but here the main problem is "eliminate" the HH mules that damaged so much the pally mains, before starting with my suggestions is that before this changes i was feeling satisfied with my pally but lowering the hh in a 75% its very drastic, idk what direction have the ML staff planned to move this class but in my opinion it should be mantained like how it was long time ago in its glory days, a warrior with hh only for supporting more than spamming.
    My suggestions:
    It should be restabilished the usage of HH each 30 seconds or increase the re-use time mantaining the 199K in HT to reduce the repetitive use of this skill in a point that the mulea cant help with much damage. Without eclipsing the main pallies. The reason its simple. The dpm 45 of the hh mules will get shorter without having to recode hh in base of STR what was said its much, im concious that it will not eliminate entirely problem with those mules but it will be more benefic for a main pally and more perjuditial for a mule. I know its more easy ajusting the time of re-use of hh. This change will affect the training of the pally outside bossing and here comes my point 2. Long time ago the element charges of the 3rd job but not 4th and my question was: why the holy charge wasnt improved? If you re going to tell me this is a useless skill my answer its no. This one was mainly charge to neutral monsters and skeles and because its a 4th job skill it should have more damage than the 3rd job skills. My suggestion is that the holy charge it should be revived adding more % in benefit of the pally attackers. So the main pallies can have their dpm increased in compensation on increasing the cooldown of hh and reinforsing the cleave damage. This is what it got in its day and what i propose

ZWARRIORS.png

When giving them an strong charge, Holy charge and increasing the damage % of advanced charge they will become practically like heroes at neutral mobs and they will compensate they damage for early training with other chargers without depending on HH with the advantage instead of throwing one at lv max for example each 60 secs.

the third point its refering about CWKPQ, if in theory you increase % of holy charge and/or Advanced charge you should take off the inmunity to the holy element of rellik and Hsalf to deal the damage more efficientely on this 3 bosses. of this PQ Rellik (Weak to fire)/ Hsalf (debil al hielo) / Red Nirg. the reason is that when the 3 of them are together the ACB its decent, the problem is that the ones that are weak on one element die first and when there are 2 bosses left the ACB losses eficiency and blast doesnt compensate it completely. in difference when we use holy charge attacking the 3 of them like a hero. I dont see any problem of taking off the holy inmunity because a bishop cant hit even from far because the stun of Rellik
    By last I know I asked for it before but it would be cool too fix the graphics of the elements that a paladin use for other players can see them more stylish and they get motivated to try this marvelous class.
    Extras
    Regarding the new formula that it going to be applied with the buccaners its excelent and I'm waiting for the future benefit on damage that you promise. actually demolition its very well balanced but I think you may increase it a bit more. the thing that worries me its then im not transformed barrage + any other skill doesnt equal to the damage on demolition and it feels like the damage its too low. so i suggest that you increase barrage, double uppercut and dragon strike damage.
    Regarding to the SI i think fixing the problems of the application of SI + Booster it should resolve many problems. and it should work with spell booster and in the case on bishops to be equal. it should be fair that they get SI

ESPAÑOL
    Tenia planeado subirlo traducido pero mientras mas antes mas personas lo verán, es libre de usar un traductor, espero se entienda lo que quiero transmitir
    Hola Nisse espero que leas esto, estaba leyendo este tu ultimo post en el foro y otro post anterior, viendo como la gente pierde la cabeza por cambios tan repentinos acerca de SI & HH y quiera sugerirte algunas cosas desde mi punto de vista.

El punto es que estuve muy familiarizado con las habilidades de los Palys vieja escuela incluso aquí mi segundo atacante es un paladín 175 lavado y pulido al máximo, soy consciente del trabajo pesado que es equilibrar un personaje, se está hablando de que el paly perderá su identidad como personaje, pero aquí el problema principal es “eliminar” las HH mulas que ya tanto daño hicieron a los main palys, antes de empezar con mis sugerencias quiero decir que me siento hasta antes de estos cambios satisfecho con mi Paly pero bajar el HH un 75% fue drástico, no sé a qué dirección tiene el personal de ML planeado mover a esta clase pero en mi opinión debería mantenerse como lo que fue hace mucho tiempo en sus días de gloria, un guerrero con un HH solo de apoyo más que de spam

Mis sugerencias:

Se debería restablecer el uso de HH cada 30 segundos o aumentar el tiempo de reutilización mantener los 199k en HT para disminuir el uso repetitivo de esta habilidad en las HH mulas a un punto en que ya no aporten mucho daño, sin opacar a los paladines principales ; la razón es simple se acortaría el dpm 45 de HH mulas sin tener que recodificar HH en base a str que ya se dijo es difícil codificarlo, soy consciente que esto no eliminaría por completo esas mulas pero sería más beneficioso para un main paly y más perjudicial para una mula, se que es más fácil ajustar el tiempo de reutilización de HH; este cambio afectaría al entrenamiento del paladín fuera de bossing y aquí entra mi punto 2

Hace mucho tiempo se mejoró las cargas de elementos del 3er trabajo, pero no del 4to y mi pregunta fue, ¿Por qué no mejoro Holy charge? Si me vas a decir que era una habilidad inútil mi respuesta será que no, esta principalmente servía como carga para monstruos neutrales y skeles y por ser una habilidad de un 4to job debe tener más daño que las del 3er job, la sugerencia es que holy charge debería revivir aumentándole un poco más de% en beneficio de los ataker paladin, para que los palys principales puedan aumentar su dpm como compensación a alargar el coldown de HH y reforzar el daño cleave dandoles un aire refrescante al usar holy charge, esto fue lo que salió en su día y lo que propongo

Sin título.png

Al darles una carga más fuerte, holy charge, y aumentar el% del Advanced Charge se volverían prácticamente como héroes en mobs neutrales y compensarían su daño para entrenamiento temprano con otras cargas sin depender mucho de HH con la ventaja de vez en cuando lanzar uno a lv max, por ejemplo cada 60 segundos

El tercer punto es referente al cwkpq, si en teoría se aumentaría% de holy charge y / o Advanced Charge se debería eliminar la inmunidad a elemento santo en Rellik y Hsalf para poder repartir daño más eficientemente en estos tres jefes de este PQ Rellik (débil al fuego) / Hsalf (débil al hielo) / Red Nirg, la razón es que cuando están los 3 el ACB es decente, el problema es con los que son débiles a un elelemto y mueren primero, cuando quedan 2 boss ACB se desperdicia y Blast no compensa por completo, a diferencia de que se usaría un holy charge atacando los 3 boss como si se tratase de un héroe, no veo ningún problema al quitarles la inmunidad a santo porque ni siquiera un bs puede pegar de lejos por el stun de Rellik

Por último sé que lo pedí antes pero sería bueno arreglar los gráficos de los elementos que usa un paladín para que otros jugadores puedan verlos más llamativos y se animen a probar esta maravillosa clase

EXTRAS

Referente a la nueva fórmula que se aplicara a los bucaneros me parece excelente, y espero con ansias el futuro beneficio en daño que se prometió, actualmente demolición me parece muy bien equilibrado aun que podría subir solo un poco más, lo que me preocupa es cuando no estoy transformado barrange + cualquier habilidad no iguala el daño de demolición y se siente que el daño es muy bajo, así que sugeriría que se aumente daño a barrange, Double uppercout y dragón strike y el att de energy charge pueda sumarse a aples stews, etc.

Referente al SI pienso que arreglar los problemas de apilacion SI + Bosster solucionaría varios problemas y podría además funcionar con spell boster, en el caso de los BS para ser equitativo sería justo que si obtengan SI, pero al no tener spell boster tantos un poco más lentos pero aún se beneficiarían por ser solicitados en runs como zk o ht

Si llegaste hasta este punto gracias por leer mis sugerencias :)

PD: revivir la carga sagrada

kekv.png

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 2
    • Great Work Great Work x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. xadra

xadra Capt. Latanica

Jun 6, 2017
    Male
    5:25 PM
    Adra
    Paladin
    Divide
    Huh. So in the end, it was all about the HH mules anyway. Pretty disheartening to say the least.

And yeah if you're gonna say "why yall acting like you got some combos" well, 2 buttons is 100% more than 1 button, and also this might be personal but maple is a fantasy rpg, in fantasy rpgs you want your character to use cool skills like HH. Just flat out making it useless in bossing is just so ugly. Last time in bossing if you look at a bunch of maplers hitting ht or zak arms, it's very easy to identify the Paladin- he'd be casting his hammer. Now all you get is him melding into the crowd of single button pushers doing the same thing for 2 hours.

Furthermore forgive me but I completely cant understand what kind of numbers we need to observe to see how the nerf affect the change. I posted this before but this ain't dota/league or starcraft, and it's not like your extreme nerf came with any other buff to shake things up. It was just a flat out demolition of a key skill that contributed damage, as much as 75% in fact. What is there to test? Perhaps mid tier paladins (level 165-180) will suddenly start blasting and then say "wow actually when I just blast, it turns out I'm stronger than the hammer!"

Ok in the end I'm salty that this move was mqde because a character I have had for over 3 years, the only character I've ever had any interest in playing, has been nerfed to the ground because of the HH mule problem. And then balance team basically tells us to stop whining.

Like I said, I've always hated knee jerk responses and tried to be on staff's side (because they know much more than the average discord/forum noob), just go check my forum post history. It's not like I'm unable to appreciate the work put in by staff, on a VOLUNTARY basis. But in this case, it's just flat out disheartening that a whole class of very dedicated players can get nuked out due to a mule situation, and the responses are "if you can do better pls apply balance team" and "you gotta test damage first (in a pure 75% nerf) or else you are just whining and adding stress"

I'm sorry if this comes across as rude, believe me I have no intention of doing so. But the whole response just feels patronizing, when you can nerf a whole class, then tell them that they don't know better and this is the best case for everyone.

• Great Work Great Work x 9
    • Agree Agree x 5
  12. Sloppy

Sloppy Horny Mushroom

Apr 15, 2018
    Male
    White Knight
    First off I'll state that I am beyond the most mild casual player so these changes do not effect me in the least bit. However I don't understand you're(Staff members) reasoning. So to prevent people from abusing/taking advantage of multi clienting and making mules that aren't actually played and are "exploited" for unnatural advantages in the game, you nerf a a class harming actually legitimate players that want to play their character? Would the easiest solution to HH mules be just not allowing them, or mules in general in boss runs?(Or HH mules being the only non allowed one)

Yall do a great job it's just seems like an odd solution to me.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. s0mething

s0mething Capt. Latanica

May 4, 2019
    REVIVE HOLY CHARGE TO PALADINS

-Increases single target dmg to compensate for the Nerf in HH
    -There's no holy weak bosses in the game, so bosses outside of HT are unaffected

RomelRomel YOU ARE THE HERO WE DONT DESERVE

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. Foxes

Foxes Dark Stone Golem

Sep 2, 2019
    I agree, making holy the main use skill outside of ele advantage situations would make a lot of sense. Though to note the crow is technically holy weak, and one or two forms of an unreleased NT boss are, but I don't think that's particularly relevant at this time.

15. RegalStar

RegalStar Nightshadow

Sep 23, 2019
    Male
    DMsRebirth
    Nise already mentioned that buffing Blast in some way is difficult because it will run into the 199k cap.

16. Foxes

Foxes Dark Stone Golem

Sep 2, 2019
    Technically that's only true if "some way" is a flat damage increase.
    Shadow partner for palis when?

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. OP
    OP
    Nise

Nise Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    6:25 PM
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    If you saw the one-of-a-kind thread, it's a great example why we don't put up polls to determine everything. It was a 50/50 split, and it's been like that for a lot of previous polls too. In the end, someone has to make a decision. In an ideal world, where democratic representation isn't flawed, and polling methods devoid of all bias, it might work. But, feedback for changes before we make the changes simply adds in more noise to the equation. We definitely appreciate all the feedback, don't get us wrong! But it is also a big time/energy (physically and mentally) commitment by staff members and balance team. We've tried our best to keep up to date with responses during the maintenance as you've probably seen by the frequent replies by balance team as well as myself for these issues.

There are certain things that are hard to figure out just theoretically versus being put into practice. Like the MM changes. Which is why, theres' a limitation on just how much we can rely on the community PRIOR to changes or balancing. I hope this helps with why things are done this way instead of the other way ^^

HH is nutty at a number of locations? Crimsons. Petri. 7F. 5-6F. NT. Duku's if you carry some all cures with you cus of mob density. Please see below for my explanation of HH and Pallies. Threaten scaling per mob % is also a technical limitation and will have to be super hacky to get to work on a v62 server.

See below for Pally explanation.

I do think this is an interesting read! Thanks a lot for the feedback about Bishopping earlier on. I think the fear earlier on is definitely there, and it's also the case for a lot of other classes too, definitely more so for bishops. A lot of bossing groups are kind enough to walk you through things though. I know we had like a bishop intern program xD full splits and everything but we were just trying to help them understand how things work. What happens after that fear of joining is absolute boredom by a lot of people though. Where pressing down heal and HSing for 2 hours TWICE becomes more chore-like. Especially when you can just sell leech for 4 hours to make guaranteed profit. Bishops also get 125% split from a lot of squads to incentivize bishops to join~

Actually, one of my fastest CWK runs have been with a mage. FPs actually obliterate the shit out of the cleave bosses cus one of them is weak to fire. It's pretty OP.

Imagine thinking you see a line for HH xD

I've actually responded a few times to Paladin posts T-T there's just too many threads going on at the moment. So I think the crux of the arguments were:
    - Why can't we make HH scale off weapon attack instead?
    - Pallys got nerfed and won't be invited to Horntail
    - Pally single target damage is too significantly lacklustre to make up for the loss of cleave damage
    - Why not buff blast damage?
    - (most recently) Why not reduce elemental charge damage and increase blast damage?

As I mentioned in Shoniii's post about MMs, there are two types of changes that can be done with regards to balancing. The first type is simple, which are done with wz edits, these are usually solid numbers, cooldowns, etc. So changing Blast from 600% to 60% would be a simple change. The second type is more complex and technical in nature. These need dev intervention (of which we only have two by the way), and it's not something that can be magically coded in, since we have to somehow fit it to the already janky code. The reason we didn't make HH scale off weapon attack is 1) technical feasibility of it being coded, 2) difficulty of balancing it, particularly how exactly the scaling should work off character level, skill level, and stats. The reason it falls under coding is that the skill description for HH is a lie. It's just hardcoded, there's no % it's literally just a flat number o.o.

Pallys not being invited to Horntail, I believe is such a weak argument. Based off that logic, you wouldn't take any Lvl 155 character since they have a -5% damage reduction, and most likely have very basic gear. If HH was the sole reason you were being invited on runs, I feel like you really need to find a better group of people to boss with :p If people can bring my useless corsair ass and under leveled Pally on runs (before HH was meta), the lack of cleaving all parts shouldn't really matter. As with melting Zak arms, Zak arms account for such a short portion of the run, and you'll still be doing as much damage as some Bishops' genesis around zak level. It might not be busted, but it's still a fairly significant amount of damage. If you're single target DPM is around 4mil (assuming you're at Zak level) and you're able to get an extra 8 parts * 50k damage * (60 / 15 number of HH casts) = 1.6mil dpm from HH, you're increasing your damage by 140%! Let's compare pre-nerf HH with 200k damage. 6.4mil damage from cleaving is literally 260% of your damage. That's busted unfortunately. Snipe is at least balanced by the fact that it's single target. HH is map wide and can also clear all the summons from the bosses too. The extra damage gained from HH is still a significant increase to your damage, especially if you're an undergeared player.

Why not buff blast to compensate for this loss? Well a lot of end game pallies fear what's known as the damage cap. If you get strong enough you're already very close to hitting the damage cap. Perhaps not at element neutral bosses, but you will for elementally weak bosses. Upping blast means you'll cap out your damage and thereby nerf your scaling. We want to reward people who have put time/effort to improve their gear, and not penalize them for doing so. It might be sick hitting 199k, but when you can do more than that... It's pretty rip when your damage caps out there.

Reducing elemental charge and increasing blast damage to compensate. Anything that is elementally weak gets hit for 150% more damage. So right now, you have 175% fire charge * 600% blast dmg * 150% elemental weakness = 15.75x damage multiplier (to your range). Just because you lower fire charge from 175% to 150% and then increase blast from 600% to 700%, the elemental weakness will still do a 150% amplification, still resulting in a 15.75x damage multiplier. Why not change how the amplification works? Because there's arch mages that rely on the 150% amplification to one hit things like Skeles and Oblivion.

Bottomline was that HH was definitely far too busted and did need major tweaking. As I mentioned to MMs and various other places for Pallies, these changes are NOT final and based on how things go, we will see how things go and see the state of Pallies at the end of the summer event. For now please let us know how you feel, hopefully towards the END of the summer event. Or definitely after our midsummer bonanza.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
  18. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    While I certainly agree with a lot of your points here and I think that I need to actually test out these changes in game to have an accurate opinion, I do have 1 quick question.

In exchange for the heavens hammer nerf, have staffed considered increasing its cast speed? Currently, we lose about 4 blast attacks due to the long delay of casting hammer. If you can shorten this delay to 1 blast or 1 acb, it would at least make the skill similar to snipe where high level paladins would still want to use the skill during some boss situations.

As it stands, once you get to a certain point, you outscale heavens hammer, and it becomes wasteful to use it and not just keep blasting.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  19. s0mething

s0mething Capt. Latanica

May 4, 2019
    Correct me if i'm wrong. It would be really hard for paladins to reach the dmg cap on a non-elemental weak boss. Even with a buff to Holy Charge, there shouldn't be an issue or possibility of reaching the dmg cap. Maybe a high level paladin can attest to this?

And as fritzpudfritzpud mentioned above, the only holy weak boss in game is Crow

EDIT: Kachuu too. thanks BananaPieBananaPie

• Useful Useful x 1
  20. BananaPie

BananaPie Selkie Jr.

Dec 22, 2019
    Male
    10:25 AM
    Well there's also samurai but the two are not usually considered when talking about bossing anyway.

Agree above on the cast speed and buffing holy charge.