1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

The HP Buff Item in depth

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Pixel, Jan 27, 2021.

1. Aligatour

Aligatour Slime

Apr 15, 2020
    12:47 PM
    Aligatour
    Just add HP buff items (with hard limits on the amount) in donor cash. Currently there are 2 choices: Either you can't play your character for a good 6 months+ until you voted enough to accumulate a decent amount of NX cash for AP resets or play with the disadvantage until you learn better and make a 2nd account which also results in accumulation of nx vote cash. Since both choices require time, I'd suggest adding a donor item that boosts your health to a certain limit for those who cannot wait or want to avoid AP washing altogether. And I'd say this is def not pay to win because regardless of the donor item if you suck, you'll die a lot and will be shunned from bossing anyway. And of course the limit of the HP increase from the item should be "reasonable" and has a hard cap. And of course with the combination of voting and donor cash people can get to their goal at reasonable rate.

This way people who did not wash can make a choice to donate to the server to continue playing their character instead of waiting for 3 months to ~ years or choose to wait patiently. People who were patient do not have to donate money, and people who aren't can catch up if they should choose to donate. I'd personally donate some $$$ other than cosmetics if it means that I don't have to get into a routine of refreshing. I also think this will not affect the economy of MapleLegends in significant ways because most people would simply make a balanced decision and combine voting and donating.

• Disagree Disagree x 6
  2. yogurtseller

yogurtseller Mixed Golem

Nov 28, 2017
    9:47 AM
    wholesomeABG
    Shadower
    I would be fine with this if it was level locked to pink bean levels, 180+.

The reason being is that this is free passive HP with no work required. If you want to reap the benefits of higher potion efficiency at lower levels, then you should work for it. This goes for training (mannies, wolf spiders) and bossing. Washing is really only required for a few endgame bosses (verga, toad, PB), with only one of them actually being worth to do imo (PB). If players stick around to 180+, then they should be able to do all content. I don't see any reason why anyone below 180 needs free HP at the cost of nothing.

As for boomer washers: yeah it does feel like a slap in the face, and the 12k HP that I planned and worked for would feel devalued to me, especially if it becomes trivial to achieve 10k+ HP. It's not enough for me to be against reducing the dependency on HP washing though.

Also, washing to 10k isn't even that bad if you know what you're doing. There's really no need to make a bishop first, save up 2 mil banked NX, buy leech til 155, have 200 base INT etc.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Creative Creative x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    Pixel

Pixel Mixed Golem

Jun 17, 2018
    11:47 AM
    DragonMaid
    Outlaw

I think you misunderstand the intentions of the thread
    No one wants more HP just for mere
    ''Lol im using hornsters'' Potion efficiency

The current state of leveling meta for ranged classes is the more limited of all.
    You need also to take in account everythign that's going on after 3rd job

The only leveling option for Ranger/Sniper is snipe safely at Spirit Vikings
    try himes and not die in 3 hits

The whole guide for corsair/nl is just
    ''lol just leech 3rd job to 4th'' since leveling only are the meta ones with struggle (do cds but it'll be hard) or some very mediocre way
    Nostalgia wise also i would be able to go Jr.Newties for level 90 archer to 140 and it's dreadful
    it's snipe ONE by ONE becuase they 2 shot you, meanwhile your paladin/hero/dk can stroll around, magicians finally reaping their ultimates, CB still booming their levels in monks

if you need more proof just look at this thread
    https://forum.maplelegends.com/inde...ng-suggestions-for-lvl-120.36933/#post-248470

Things are so limited, no one has an idea how to safely train
    and trust me if they had more ways, if they could take like take 1 o 2 hits from something like skeles, instead of completely dying , if they could boss on HH safely (because at 120 ironically they also get oneshot by that boss and HH is not even that hard)

This is not a potion efficiency use , this is for a QOL of archers who don't want to ''lul leech'' all the way to 140
    It is possible but leveling is horrible without a bit more of HP , is constant fear of being 1 or 2 shot by everything

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    Being ranged isn't so bad if you know what you're doing. I've made a "for fun" Outlaw with minimal washing, only 80 base int/no leeching/no funds from other characters and have reached level 92 so far. He has like 4k hp total now(3.5k without gears?) and started killing Headless Horsemen when he was around 75, at Forgotten Path where he could safespot as he didn't have enough HP to tank a hit. When he did have enough HP I went to kill the rest of the Headless Horsemen, being sure to pot up to full on any hit. I even figured out how to abuse iframes in the leprechaun map to safely kill them with minimal hp pots used.

CDs are pretty great too, even without much HP. A floored Recoil Shot can actually hop over any CD approaching you from behind so you can play really defensively and just single-target dps anything in front of you. Fire + Ice is good DPS but you are potting every hit, and if you're with a partner you might hog a lot of spawns that way. Either way they're great exp and money and worth killing even if they 2ko you.

It's possible to play the game without 150+ int. Personally I might bring the int up to 100 on my Outlaw eventually, but I'm not stressed about it. I'm pretty sure I would be able to PB even at the current rate, any more is just some bonus HP. I can just ignore anyone who tries to tell me I'm not going hard enough, because I doubt they really know what they're talking about. I can only trust the opinion of someone who's farmed HT without an optimal amount of HP. I've created a ranged character that has the MP to reach 18k hp, and it's incredibly boring, so I quit it. I'd rather play the "scuffed" Outlaw and put myself in danger, test the waters and figure it out on my own. Tacking on a bit of HP would be nice I suppose, but at this point in 3rd job it isn't really needed. Personally I believe that what ranged needs most in 3rd job is slightly better cleave all around, even with lower int it's pretty bad. I do feel like I have options and I'm pretty sure that I'm all set for HP until 160 or so.

5. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    If your low HP is such a big problem for grinding, what is stopping you from partying with a dragon knight or making a hb mule?

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  6. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Repotting when autopot fails is the first basic skill you learn when bossing. You might think it's normal to be able to just afk hold down a button while grinding, but the reality is lower HP ranged classes should struggle more opposed to their tankier melee counterparts. It's by intended design.
    Instead, you should be making use of your utility skills like puppet, arrow bomb, and pkb better in order to avoid situations that put your character in danger.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. yogurtseller

yogurtseller Mixed Golem

Nov 28, 2017
    wholesomeABG
    Shadower
    Is the 3rd job levelling meta restricted by HP though? Having trained a couple characters through 3rd job, I didn't really find that to be the case. For a couple of characters, I did train through 2 HKO locations (mannies on my bandit before level 70 and also on my outlaw), and I thought it was fine. Sure, I died a couple times because I wasn't paying attention, but that's part of the game and what safety charms are for.

When I levelled my priest through third job as well, I partied with 2HKO ranged classes at himes, and they seemed to manage okay as well.

Newties isn't the move for any 3rd job classes because it has terrible EPH and nothing rewarding in the drop table. Yes, I've tried newties on my outlaw for one hour until I realized that mob focused training was much better.

If you're looking for alternative places to train, gallos is pretty underutilized and gives solid EPH with a priest duo from 89-120, which is what I did. You can tank a ton of hits there too and not die. Haven't tested it out myself on a 3rd job character, but dual ghost pirates seems to be very good as well with a mobbing safespot that is friendly to archers AOE. I come across mage farmers there from time to time using the safespot, and the spawn is fast enough such that you don't need to move too often.

I just don't buy that 3rd job levelling is restricted by HP. Where exactly are you having problems? The thread you linked has a couple of reasonable alternatives as well..

8. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    12:47 AM
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    This will create pay2win aspect, which is a big no.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Magen

Magen Selkie Jr.

Mar 31, 2020
    Male
    7:47 PM
    bishopmage
    Cleric
    active
    fully support looking forward to it be implement.

10. Aligatour

Aligatour Slime

Apr 15, 2020
    Aligatour
    How would it create pay2win aspect? It will not add HP beyond the maximum (30k) let along will have a limited quantity for purchase. This won't invalidate any previous efforts to HP washing because your HP does not impact my style of gameplay at all after you reach the minimum threshold to survive during bossing. I'd argue that it rather opens up more people to play as they want in exchange to supporting the server and giving additional means to HP wash. By that pay2win logic, multi-clienting itself should be removed because some people have rather shitty internet connection and computer and to "level the playing field" no one should be able to gain advantage by using their superior setups, which doesn't make sense at all. Instead of just disagreeing on the basis of "I hate pay2win" and
    "I got mine so fuck you" try to understand that the playing the game itself is a privilege and "feeling unfair" doesn't justify your logic.

11. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    Lets say, you decided to play a NightLord. After painstakingly playing for many months, or even more than a year, you have reached lvl 180. Also after put in alot of time going to places to grind mesos, You bought a really powerful 85wa NT claw!! Congratz, totally ready for bossing, and maybe probably slay the pink bean!!

Now, the next day, a new announcement comes in, a new decision game and the staffs, for watever reason, has decided: Hey guys, if you kill 100 red snail and buy this custom item in cash shop using $10 worth of donor NX, take a screenshot, and let us know! We will modify your character information to be automatically a lvl 180 nightlord, and comes with an untradable 85wa NT claw!!!

Well, you and that guy who paid $10 are on equal playing field now, is your effort invalidated?
    Also is that Pay2Win? Now, take it to HP.

Pay2win means you cannot specifically pay MapleLegends and any of their related staffs for any advantage. Paying real players using real money, for in-game item, can be subjectively be Pay2Win, but is covered under RWT (Real World Trading) rules - do it and all your main, sub-accounts, etc are permanently banned.

If you decide to buy 10 laptops from walmart, buy 10 different houses & internet plans for different internet connections, and boss solo HT on 2 different channel, well you're a madlad, and congratz for being able to do so. MapleLegends does not receive any money from you so u did not pay them anything, and thats not pay2win. And at the same time, they have no means to stop you from doing it, except to implement afew patches to make it harder for you.

The NL with 14k HP is voting it everyday, and you are given the exact same ability to do so too. Consider both of you are allowed to do it, is that a privilege? Also, consider that both of you can do it, is that unfair? Whats the logic behind, being able to do something that both of you are allowed to, but he is considered privilege? Perhaps you can explain to me clearer, for I am not able to wrap my head around this.

Now with those 3 points aside,
    Do I agree that washing should be allowed on MapleLegends? It has been that way for many years, I don't think you can remove it.
    Do I agree that washing is the ONLY way to get HP? No, I do not agree. New ways needs to be out that does not invalidate old efforts. Either you allow people to disable HP washing, and make it as troublesome, or even more, den traditional HP washing methods, OR this benefits is accessible to ALL characters, new and old. And ofc this is a given for pay2win, must not involved any money paid to MapleLegends

12. Aligatour

Aligatour Slime

Apr 15, 2020
    Aligatour
    First of all we haven't even decided on the limitation of the donor cash and your examples are outlandishly absurd, but I will go along with it lol. In reality, you chose to spend the time and the energy on upgrading your pixels and building up connections for YOUR entertainment. Comparison is a thief of joy. Just because you had to go through whatever experience you had does not mean you get to limit what others want especially for QOL improvement lol. Also just because someone suddenly have 180 NL doesn't mean they will play in godtier mode or suddenly become part of the main bossing group. At the end of day people want to have fun with others they know and trust and your example doesn't take account of the community factors. At the end of the games, your "efforts" does not mean much especially when people want innovation and changes for the better experience and they are willing to vote with their wallet.

Let me explain to you in this way. In order to create a NL with 14K HP, you have to vote around a year or longer to just gain enough NX cash, choose to buy some limited HP increase item via donor cash, or do both. Playing, voting and customizing in MapleLegends are privileges that are open to all, so why does it matter when I decided to use my money to donate to MapleLegends to play my NL maybe 6 months faster than just waiting around? Just because I have purchases the HP items does not mean you can't, or depending on your priority you may choose not to. Either way it does not affect you or mine so why are you so against the idea?

13. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    Its made outlandish absurd to hopefully allow you to see how it invalidate the efforts of some players. I don't care what experience you decide to go through. But if you must not nullify old efforts, aka, what others went through. Saying that "It will not add HP beyond the maximum (30k)", to me, implies that you can buy your way to make a 30k HP NL. Sticking to 30k cap is unfair to old players because before this feature came out, they do not have the choice to obtain HP their current amount of HP this way.

While I'm not too sure about how easy to host Pink Bean. But a huge amount of high level players is needed, you probably have a good chance of joining one. Even if you can't join one, it will be easy to join a HornTail party, which is not an easy path to achieve here, unless you have a character prepared for leeching.

Well, maybe I didn't specifically explain how it affects the community. If you invalid the efforts of any old, loyal, players in any ways, you are pretty much disrespecting their efforts and hence its quite likely that they will stop playing. Just look at big bang patch in general, multiple QoL stuffs. Despite everyone's data remains the same, many old player's efforts are invalidated due to easier the training curve, and once-godly items becoming trash.

If this is server allows pay2win, and there's a reasonable cap that both old and new players can take advantage of, its fine. This server however promised no pay2win, this means you cant get it using your wallet.

To quote from Kimmy:
    "Explanation NoPay2Win:
    Donations towards MapleLegends can only be used for cosmetic purposes and not in any shape or form things that strengthen your character. Furthermore, users that donate do not get extra perks such as extra treatment or any reasons to be superior to a normal user. You donate to MapleLegends to support the server, and nothing else."
    https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/maplelegends-features.23369/

I'm sure getting more HP is a way to "strengthen your character"

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Aligatour

Aligatour Slime

Apr 15, 2020
    Aligatour
    Again, your old efforts are not nullified at all. In fact, that with by limiting the amount of HP items purchased with donor cash the old players and their efforts are strengthened because now they can have 20K HP NL instead of 6K NL as per the imposed cap. By that logic there should not be any updates to the game anymore because peoples' gears and efforts will always be invalidated/lose value in some way or the other. And if some players have 30K HP already, that means they have saved their money to spend on other things which means that they don't need to partake in the process, or rather make a new character. The most recent example that I can think of is fixing the beginner exploit to gain more health. Some people have done it already and gotten unfair advantages. Should their account be left alone? Or should we actually allow the exploit again until everyone has at least one beginner class to exploit the crap out of the HP system?

Let me Quote Kimmy's discord status: "They always end up coming back!". It's a cycle. Some players quit, some players come back, that's the way it is for all MMORPGS let along a free server. Also I'm not asking for a huge QoL patch. I'm simply asking to see if the donor item to resolve this HP issue can be made. If it won't be implemented, I see no changes in my current routine as I will continue to play and vote at my own pace. But I don't see how opening up choices can be invalidating the old timer's efforts when in fact they can gain further advantage when making a new character or upgrading their mains. If people wanted the extreme slow and grindy version of maplestory they would have already went to many of the no leech servers. As someone who actively partakes in HP washing (I actually started with a luk mage and had to wash out everything to start, and then recently started HP washing after reaching 30k MP) I wouldn't mind donating some money to support the server to ease the process. There are also many factors of the item that needs balancing (the price, amount of HP, limitation etc.) which we haven't even discussed it yet.

I don't see how getting more HP after a certain threshold is a way to strength your character as it you do not get more APs to add into the primary stats to increase damage/defense.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  15. MrPresident

MrPresident Capt. Latanica

Dec 19, 2017
    MrPresident
    Spearman
    The day they add donor NX for hp is the day a lot of players will quit. That’s so absurdly p2w idk why it’s even being discussed. If you pay real dollars to get a benefit in game it’s p2w.

• Agree Agree x 11
  16. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    Initially u said this:
    ^ So I assumed that there is no cap. With a reasonable cap of course, old efforts will not be nullified.

^ With mutual respect of not invalidating effort, the absurd NT claw explanation is not required as it is there to only explain how invalidating effort is harmful to the community.

You don't mind but Kimmy does.

If you can take more hits, how is that not stronger? Your ability to survive is so much better compared to someone who can take lesser hits than you.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. kickserve

kickserve Brown Teddy

Jan 24, 2019
    His idea is Pay2win, if he wants to argue it please make a different post. Let’s not diverge this one as it does have some merits and might allow us to play our NL and BM without leeching if implemented correctly. Let’s focus on brainstorming the implementation and stop the pay2win idea.

• Agree Agree x 3
  18. Aligatour

Aligatour Slime

Apr 15, 2020
    Aligatour
    My stances about the HP buffs items are these: If you don't like it on the donor cash, put it on voter cash so that people can play NL/BM and other low level health classes. For donor cash, it could or could not be permanent (increase the expiration duration for donor cash) so that people can make the choices instead of remaking their entire characters. I only brought up donor cash because I wouldn't feel invalidated when people get more HPs than me because I'd rather have this server run smoothly with my donation than spending it elsewhere.

19. BigPiPi

BigPiPi Mano

Jan 5, 2021
    Male
    7:47 PM
    BigPipi
    Gunslinger
    High IQ post
    I am not 100% sure humanity goes past 2021
    so why i need to grind a stupid bish for so long to be able to play a chad gunslinger
    quit bish on lvl 52 when i realized what a grindslave i am

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. kiln

kiln Pink Teddy

Jan 2, 2021
    Pepperspray
    Corsair
    Elite
    For the low price of $14.99 a month, you can participate in HT!

For an exclusive, premium deal of $44.99 a month, you can participate in PB!

Or, you can be like those plebs and spend months of your time and millions of mesos washing. Disgusting!

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1