1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Convert Scar/Targa helms to Minimum 1 drop

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by AioriaX, Oct 27, 2020.

1. Myungsoo

Myungsoo Slimy

Apr 10, 2020
    Male
    3:59 AM
    Robinn
    Crossbowman
    why is there no final staff reply. This can't be difficult to implement. So why not just move to Accepted / Denied

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. yurain

yurain Windraider

Dec 30, 2019
    9:59 AM
    YUrain
    I/L Wizard
    First day here eh?

In comparison to all the other suggestions, this is literally the most straight forward and commonly agreed suggestion in the forum/community.
    But guess where are we LOL.

3. Myungsoo

Myungsoo Slimy

Apr 10, 2020
    Male
    3:59 AM
    Robinn
    Crossbowman
    No I made a Reddit post years ago explaining that I love almost everything about MapleLegends but my biggest critique was the slow progression of feedback threads. I understand why it's slow but honestly, it would be so nice if it weren't this way.

4. Chrisss

Chrisss Horny Mushroom

Oct 21, 2020
    Male
    2102 Top Floor of Roppongi Mall
    ChrisBS
    Bishop
    Rogue
    This I believe is similar to Zakum Helmets where there is a chance for Zakum to drop 0 helmets. I really feel like an implementation of a guaranteed 1 helmet would definitely be a great idea.

And as you mentioned, it takes more than 30min (if) to solo Scar/Targa. Potentially not receiving a helmet after that is extremely demotivating to run again.

If I may ask, out of 10 runs, how many times has Scar/Targa not drop a helmet?

5. Shivering

Shivering Wolfspider

Mar 9, 2018
    6:59 PM
    Shivering
    I/L Arch Mage
    Maybe this hasn't gotten a response because in their eyes the suggestion is still "make minimum drop 1" which seems to not be easily achievable with the current code setup? Maybe we need a new thread that says "Increase drop rate of scar helms to 90%" so that if it's a max of 4 helm drops there's a sub 1% chance of no helms dropping; maybe then we can get it implemented.

• Agree Agree x 5
  6. Chrisss

Chrisss Horny Mushroom

Oct 21, 2020
    Male
    2102 Top Floor of Roppongi Mall
    ChrisBS
    Bishop
    Rogue
    Agreed. If a guaranteed helmet at zakum/scarlion/targa cannot be coded at this time, perhaps increasing the chances/probability would be a start.

7. yurain

yurain Windraider

Dec 30, 2019
    YUrain
    I/L Wizard
    Or even just slimply increase the drop from 0-2 each type of helm, to 0-3 for each helm.
    This feels like the simplest way to code, and you will reduce the rate of 0 helm runs drastically.

Assuming even odds. (1/3x 1/3) ~= 10%, to (1/4 x 1/4) ~= 6%.

• Like Like x 2
  8. eliyuh

eliyuh Mushmom

Apr 22, 2021
    Male
    9:59 PM
    Would it be preferable to make it a 100% drop of each helm but with a max of 1 each? I'm sure this is possible as we've seen it with other drops in the game, unsure if it'd be preferred over the current suggestion but it would make selling helms much more consistent

9. whatdatoast

whatdatoast Windraider

Apr 9, 2020
    whatdatoast
    Bowman
    I feel like this would make it less desirable to run as a party, but would be great for sellers.

10. Shivering

Shivering Wolfspider

Mar 9, 2018
    Shivering
    I/L Arch Mage
    Bump

• Like Like x 2
  11. sandpickle

sandpickle Mushmom

Dec 1, 2020
    Male
    8:59 PM
    firepickle
    Magician
    Cucumber
    Looking to sell scar service while farming at ulu1 and cornians. Bump.

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. Krythan

Krythan Nightshadow

Sep 2, 2022
    9:59 PM
    Krythan
    Bishop
    Reset
    It's a shame to see one of the primary bosses in the game be so under-utilized. What did the last server overview say, Scar/Targa were 2% of all boss runs?

What if the change was as simple as increasing the experience that Scar/Targa gave? Even given no changes to the drop rate of helms, simply making the boss more worthwhile to run would result in it being easier to form parties, and do more runs overall, having the same effect.

• Like Like x 1
  13. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    This thread is outdated.
    1. Scarga helm droprates increased (Summer 2021)
    2. Targa pouch droprate increased from uncommon to common (Christmas 2021 to October 2022 update)

• Like Like x 4
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  14. Subterlabor

Subterlabor Headless Horseman

Mar 13, 2023
    7:59 PM
    SweatLord
    Bowmaster
    Toilet
    I don't mind running scar/tar/scarga the main issue is

1. He spams w/c the worst out of any boss I know
    2. He hits hard asf which translates to alot of meso spent on pots
    3. His exp is ass with the dpm required to clear meaning usually 3-4 strong attackers (2 cleave 2 range etc)
    4. His drops are bad/helm rng is bad when splitting it 3-4 ways

gathering interest is very difficult for these reasons, I kinda stopped hosting altogether unless someone makes a special request (guildy needs a helm and can't find sellers)

• Like Like x 1