1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Balance Notes waiting room

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by s0mething, Jun 5, 2021.

1. Nise

Nise Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    6:18 PM
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    I always associated bingo with really elder people sitting around in some community center on a friday night :confused:

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. porl

porl Mixed Golem

May 30, 2020
    Male
    7:18 PM
    Bishop, Night Lord, Buccaneer
    Pasta
    Bingo has evolved from a simple numbers game into a community-orientated way of sharing ideas & expectations in a more contemporary meme format

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    2:18 AM
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    My balance change predictions:

Maps:
    Ulu1 - spawn reduced

Mobs:
    Rare gachapon drop removed from all monsters
    Now, mobs can only drop common gachapon

Bosses:
    Rare gachapon added as a drop to all bosses

Pink bean:
    Timer reverted to 1 hour.
    Damage reflect from pink bean will be used off cooldown (i.e. as soon as pink bean can DR it will DR).

Lionheart castle:
    New map area with extremely low spawn / high HP monsters (treated as boss to avoid dmg from poison etc.)
    New Boss: Von leon
    -drops new clean slate scrolls (that can recover a slot without boom %) / cursed clean slate scroll (recover 2 slots w/ boom chance)

Skills:
    Thief
    Shadow shifter nerfed by 10% (Nightlords -> 20% avoid, shadowers -> 30% avoid)

Pirate
    Corsair battleship nerfed back to 380% (from 400%)
    Cooldown re-added to buccaneer barrel skill to remove extra DPS gain from skilled players who properly barrel cancel

Mage
    All mage ultimates (Blizzard, Genesis, Meteor) now have a 20% drop rate penalty (similar to how summons have an 80% drop rate penalty)

Archer
    no changes

Warrior
    Threaten changed to match v83 skill description (i.e. instead of reducing monster attack / defense by a static amount, it reduces by a %, so the higher a monster's attack / defense, the more threaten will weaken it)
    Holy charge nerfed to 175% (from 185%)

• Great Work Great Work x 6
    • Funny Funny x 2
  4. OP
    OP
    s0mething

s0mething Capt. Latanica

May 4, 2019
    I would agree, but I don't see any shadow star fix. DISAGREE

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    It's a balance change prediction, not a bugfix prediction.

• Funny Funny x 4
  6. OP
    OP
    s0mething

s0mething Capt. Latanica

May 4, 2019
    damn. you're right

[​IMG]

7. Skuire

Skuire Nightshadow

Aug 16, 2017
    3:18 AM
    Skucci
    Shadower
    Everyone Is Nerfed!
    [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Ferluci

Ferluci Zakum Retired Staff

Jul 27, 2017
    Male
    11:18 AM
    Ferluci
    Bishop
    That are some good points on the bingo!!

[​IMG]

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  9. braidgame

braidgame Pac Pinky

Jun 21, 2015
    Pluto
    5:18 PM
    Outside
    Beginner
    Flow
    What about Three Snails skill got dmg boof with levels for beginners maybe?

#beginnerneverdie #makebeginnergreatagain

OnionBlushOnionFullOnionYes

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Motto

Motto Skelegon

Jun 30, 2018
    Male
    Mars
    PogShad Motto
    Islander
    no thanks

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    I predict none of that will happen and instead axes get a crit rate in the 2nd job mastery skill complete with new bloody animations on critical hit as you just shoved an axe through that mushroom's face

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    KurayamiLove/Nagrom/Amatista
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    upload_2021-6-6_13-6-14.png

• Funny Funny x 4
  13. KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    KurayamiLove/Nagrom/Amatista
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    Kinda funny let's all go post bb changes:

Magician:
    -Genesis has now a 45-sec cooldown but while on cooldown you can spam big bang (this was removed lately since now big bang is a bishop only skill and is spamable always)

-Meteor and Blizzard have a 60-second cooldown and on cooldown, there is a 60% chance of an ice strike/meteor to fall on the target that you attack for each attack dealing I think it was 230% altho the on cooldown big bang spam still sounds cool for me especially if it gets a range buff .

Bishop support buffs:
    -Dispell can dispel every single status effect on a teammate (including seduce and stun) but you can't heal them from yourself like you can heal seal.
    -Heal has a 4 second cooldown -2 seconds cooldown per teammate healed, it debuffs nearby monsters +10% final damage against them
    -Angel Ray: heals 20% of your own HP on use and any teammate that is hit by it on the way to the mob
    -Bahamut: places a debuff on the enemies it attacks making them take extra damage from holy magic.

There are tons of more support changes that make Bishop kinda op as support but their damage is stupidly low compared to the rest of the jobs.

Archmages new identity:
    F/P- High damage mage that excels at bossing thanks to all of the damage over time they can deal on top of the powerful hits they do with fire magic.
    I/L- Still classed as a damage dealer its damage is a bit lower because they have more support options, kinda like Buccaneer or DK. Freeze stacks making mobs move far slower and take extra damage from lightning, freezing bosses for a short period of time to help the team deal damage, also they are the best grinders among the 3 explroer mages.

Thief:

-Shifter doesn't proc on % attacks, this is irrelevant here but pretty most bosses post PB do % damage so you can't just yolo 1 shot or damage at all in those bosses. Also seems that avoidability no longer exists, in those harder bosses you will always get hit, only counter to that is damage reduction that certain skills provide and thief doesn't seem to have those (meso guard doesn't save you from 1 shots).

-Critical hits are multiplicative so NL isn't OP over other jobs with SE crits.

-Assassinate is an actual functioning skill: press the skill once hits 3 times, press the skill a second time do the last hit that does huge damage, and is not a rush anymore just a regular hit. Doesn't need dark sight to use at all but staying in dark sight does increase its damage. There is a lot more like the body count but this is a meme post rather than an explanatory one.

-No more meso up (altho you can potential your rings with drop rate and mesos obtained which is much more op)

-Pick pocket and Meso explosion combo: Pick poket always make mobs drop 10 mesos per hit. Meso explosion damage is based on your % and makes mesos fly all around the map searching for targets to hit, the range is kinda like genesis now lol, also if there is only one target all the mesos droped will hit that target.

-Anything that resembles a thief has shadow partner: 70% damage no need to use sumon rocks.

-Haste has a passive effect that allows you to have more max speed

-All explorer thieves can poison and do damage over time on bosses

And much more, thieves are more mobile and require more active dogging in bosses, no more aye huge avoid get out of jail free card.

Bowman:

-All bowmen base damage is kinda low but the crit damage is brutal, kinda like MM now with its 75% 5 hit strafes focusing more on the crit aspect of MM to deal more damage and if you don't crit the damage is bad.

-The summons actually do something, the damage is kinda meh still compared to your damage output but makes the user a bit more tanky and better, kinda like Beholder now.

I don't know much right now about Bowmen in general post bb but they seem very reliable damage and more mobile than how they are here. The line between thief and bowman seems a bit blur post bb but every job has a gimmick so every bowman feels unique with it.

Pirate:

Buccaneer be like:
    upload_2021-6-6_14-27-40.png upload_2021-6-6_14-28-36.png

I will admit that they also no longer in this state of 50% of the time you can't touch me but well the gimmick they got going now makes me main one too even on the current maple hahaha. I kinda like how the charge system works then and perhaps something could be changed to the current system to make it better.
    Most attacks are affected by charge, if you use them while not fully charged they consume MP and have an effect, for example, your main bossing skill octopush hits 8 times (9 with a hyper skill but that's something we're not gonna talk about it now) while you are fully charged the skill no longer uses MP but uses energy, that's how you deplete your charge meeter once its full also the attack gains a bonus: while fully charged you do 2 more lines. Also all the bonus stats you get from being fully charged you get half when you are not. There are still fully charged only skills still tho. Well all this is part of a bigger debate that would be cool to have since I do wan't better stance and better charge for Bucc.

Corsair:
    They are known as Captain in Korea so they gave em a million summons, no battleship but I remember having up to 5 summons around the map dealing damage with me (summons can also crit). So all goes down to build your own pirate crew, have no friends? don't worry just summon your own party!

Warrior:

-Hero is one if not the most basic class in the game but their DPM is huge. They are what they were supposed to be an all-out damage class. Also, I wonder if we implemented here the combo economy they have would encourage heroes here to use their combo skills more often, instead of all the combos go bye-bye make every combo skills consume one or two combos, perhaps for Enrage 5.

-Paladin: They can't die and if you do die you are the only person to blame for. Also, I like how they also protect the team from damage being also a good support class.

-DK is kinda weird but is between paladin and hero being ok support altho not that great with decent damage and survivability. I like how Beholder is your main skill and the littel guys helps you a lot more.

Melee in general:
    They all got decent mobility to be better at avoiding attacks since being close to bosses is dangerous post bb and they all got some stance if not 100% stance o.o

• Informative Informative x 5
  14. HollyCrap

HollyCrap Capt. Latanica

Jul 2, 2017
    Male
    6:18 AM
    HollyCrap
    Cleric
    See? Not even post bb shadow star was fixed

• Funny Funny x 3
  15. OP
    OP
    s0mething

s0mething Capt. Latanica

May 4, 2019
  16. Motto

Motto Skelegon

Jun 30, 2018
    Male
    Mars
    PogShad Motto
    Islander
    See the balance notes were so good.
    Thanks everyone for posting bingo cards, I had a good laugh.

17. Nise

Nise Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Korea
    6:18 PM
    NoraONE
    Corsair
    Sweetdreams
    Now that the notes are out, GMS never actually had a shadow star bug :p its a common misconception.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. UnknownCode

UnknownCode Nightshadow

Jun 6, 2021
    California
    Islander, Bishop, Bandit
    Speenies
    Bingo Caller: #69 again the number is, #69

Old Lady: BINGO! Take that Carol..! Ugh, my back..

Prizes
    FiberCon, Citrucel, Metamucil (laxative brands)

Old Lady: C.. Citru whats that say Metamucil.. I'm no meta slave give me that FiberComb