1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Expand the Monster Book

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Kyshies, Aug 17, 2021.

1. Kyshies

Kyshies Slimy

Mar 13, 2020
    9:13 PM
    Elliy
    F/P Arch Mage
    There are many places in the game with monsters that don't drop Monster Cards, like in the Taiwan zones (XiMenDing, Taipei 101, Night Market), NLC, Golden Temple, all of NLC, etc.

I hope it's technically feasible, because it would be nice if we added all these monsters from the aforementioned zones to the Monster Book in appropriate colour zones within the Book based on their level. Doing so will add more zones where people can hunt for their 300 sets for tier 10. I think this would be cool because there is a rather noticeable lack of Monster Cards between early 3rd job to level 80++ - something I've observed while doing my second T10 ring on my NL.

Implementation wise, I don't think there's much to add assuming the code allows it? Just the usual slew of mob data and drop table. I mean, a decent chunk of the existing card entries don't even have 'Episode' text attached to it, such as the mobs in the China maps (Shaolin and Shanghai), or Zipangu with its rich "???????????????????????????????" Episode texts for many of their Monster Cards.

In fact, if needed, I can even help write the entries. Here are some examples from NLC, just off the top of my head.

An elephant with a thinking cap on its head. It likes getting smashed on Jigajuice.

Wolf Spiders are not actual spiders. They are not actually wolves either. Nobody really knows why, nor do they really care.

Margana is an evil mage. She likes Dark Menhirs a lot for all their possible uses, rather unhealthily so.

Red Nirg wields two large, ornate axes into battle. Some scholars believe that he might be compensating for something else. And unfortunately, he is unaware that swords are better. Also, he likes to party.

Thank you! If you've read this far, I hope we can make the Monster Book even better!

• Agree Agree x 13
    • Like Like x 6
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. jellyfish92

jellyfish92 Red Snail

Dec 24, 2018
    Male
    3:13 AM
    Beginner
    I would definitely enjoy the monster episodes a lot if you are the one writing them. :D

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    KurayamiLove/Nagrom/Amatista
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    Damn I would love to see the entire CW Keep on the monster set, also Pink Bean too perhaps o.o GMS even has cards for all the statues lol

4. CleverCookie

CleverCookie King Slime

May 28, 2017
    3:13 PM
    CleverCookie
    Night Lord
    I would party with Nirg

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. DrJason

DrJason Windraider

May 30, 2018
    Male
    Canada
    DrJason, Zrar, WhyDaggers
    Islander, F/P Arch Mage
    Oddjobs
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. OP
    OP
    Kyshies

Kyshies Slimy

Mar 13, 2020
    Elliy
    F/P Arch Mage
    Thanks!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. RegalStar

RegalStar Nightshadow

Sep 23, 2019
    Male
    DMsRebirth
    For the most part it's not about not having text, but rather the images. Since cards for a lot of regional monsters don't exist in the first place, someone would have to actually make the images from scratch.

If you can make those images and then submit them to the staff, I'm sure the chances of them adding them to the game would be a lot higher because they'd need to do a lot less.

• Like Like x 1
  8. OP
    OP
    Kyshies

Kyshies Slimy

Mar 13, 2020
    Elliy
    F/P Arch Mage
    I'm guessing that's the reason why? Dang.

9. Trion

Trion Capt. Latanica

Jul 23, 2019
    Trion
    Beginner
    My ultimate dream is all the monsters recorded in the book. Would invite more people to tier 10 for sure.

10. Bfitchef

Bfitchef Mushmom

Jun 5, 2018
    Male
    CreatureNL
    Night Lord
    Nani
    Imagine getting more higher level ring? Where my tier 14 people at… 1400HP and 1400MP would be great.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Trion

Trion Capt. Latanica

Jul 23, 2019
    Trion
    Beginner
    14 seems like a random number to stop at though lol, why not make it 15? XD

12. Shinohara

Shinohara Headless Horseman

Mar 31, 2017
    Calderock Village
    4:13 AM
    Saratoga / Sogohara / Tsushima
    Bishop
    ☆ Aqours ☆
    Zipangu cards will be updated so hold out for the announcement regarding it. SlimeBlush

• Informative Informative x 1
  13. Trion

Trion Capt. Latanica

Jul 23, 2019
    Trion
    Beginner
    Awesome news! I had no idea :)