1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

What class should I play?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kerlim, Jan 23, 2023.

1. kerlim

kerlim Mano

Jan 6, 2023
    6:23 PM
    Kerlim
    Shadower
    Hi, What class should I play? and can you give me it's pros/cons?

(I'm not interested in bishop)

*edit and add*
    How are buccaneers?

2. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    4:23 AM
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    i suggest to pick either nightlord or buccaneer because they are very strong in the current meta. Pick NL if you prefer range, Bucc if you prefer melee.

3. V220

V220 Chronos

Jul 26, 2015
    Male
    6:23 AM
    SoLucky
    Bishop
  4. OP
    OP
    kerlim

kerlim Mano

Jan 6, 2023
    Kerlim
    Shadower
  5. UnknownCode

UnknownCode Nightshadow

Jun 6, 2021
    California
    Islander, Bishop, Bandit
    Speenies
    Yes, it's relevant.

Personally I wouldn't pick any class that requires you to recharge like Night Lord and Corsair because it will be expensive if you're able to afford it then go for it.

6. ryanlights

ryanlights Windraider

Jan 2, 2021
    Male
    Toronto, Canada
    7:23 AM
    Dark Knight, Bowmaster
    Prestigious
    in MapleLegends you can create as many accounts as you want.

I suggest to make one of each, to try them out and get to experience it all for yourself!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. Edann

Edann Slimy Retired Staff

Oct 24, 2020
    2:23 PM
    Edann
    I/L Arch Mage
    Pasta
    ITT: Guys here is my think piece on a class I don't play

OP just main w/e class is fun for you. Your 1st char isn't your last and there's well over enough game to play on a DK to be worth experiencing

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  8. Mirrors

Mirrors Zakum Retired Staff

Jul 15, 2019
    Female
    Mirrors
    WeenieHutJrs
    I picked shadower cuz I played shadower on gms, I also have a cleric :). Shadowers are awesome, have a mix of cleave/single target skills, smokescreen is cool, and I am basically an unkillable tank due to meso guard and avoid. Only sadness is not that much mobility but at least I have a cool pig mount I can ride.

Most classes are viable in this server as long as you train and make friends tbh! I'd say for your first class pick whatever you feel like is fun.

• Agree Agree x 5
  9. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    8:23 AM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    always play with job that u like.
    Constance is always the key point.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. wolf666

wolf666 Timer

Mar 22, 2020
    Male
    Wolf
    Shadower
    Hey NLs are the best and coolest. You'll be the star of most parties. You get to the jump around with flash jump and throw powerful stars with triple throw. Shadow partner doubles it to sextuple stars. The best skill of all has to be shadow star, it allows an infinite number of stars to be thrown for a short period of time.

That's a lot of stars MapleF11

• Great Work Great Work x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. Zorele

Zorele Slimy

Jan 12, 2018
    Male
    Zorele
    Cleric
    Hello and welcome. The class that I would personally suggest is paladin. It excels in some niche scenarios (elemental preference bosses) some of which are very profitable while being pretty decent in most others. It's a good starter since it's a class you could essentially hit 30k HP as on your first main so you'd technically have a future proofed character from the get go. Assuming HP challenge is to be available soon i'd probably say the objective best picks are NLs and in higher end content buccaneers so you can't go wrong with either. Either way I'd suggest explore the game and start voting on atleast 1 other account in case you decide to opt for HP washing another class in the future. Cheers!

• Like Like x 2
  12. OP
    OP
    kerlim

kerlim Mano

Jan 6, 2023
    Kerlim
    Shadower
    How are buccaneers?

13. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    1:23 PM
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    A top tier class late game

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Zorele

Zorele Slimy

Jan 12, 2018
    Male
    Zorele
    Cleric
    I'll try to give you a brief assessment to the best of my knowledge. Buccaneers value as a top tier class comes mainly from their status as a pinner/aggro holder in Pink bean(and aufheben which is often not considered important content) and their ability to provide SI and timeleap while producing high amount of damage in the statue phase due to their iframes. In terms of their damage, their dummy damage (limited importance but good enough comparison on bosses where damage efficiency is high for essentially all classes) isn't technically high but since the amount of damage they preserve from it is very high, they are often considered a high single target damage dealer and when coupled with demolition's ability to ignore defense which depending on a boss (mostly toad) can be a big difference. All this to say that to my understanding they are strong attackers but arguably only truly S tier in the context of Pink bean and aufheben (and perhaps toad) . In all the other content they would probably perform marginally worse than archers in terms of damage (to serve as a reference). This class I would definitely reccomend since their performance is all around good and they excel in the most challenging content.

15. Palladino

Palladino Master Chronos

Apr 26, 2020
    Paladin
    Funk
    Disgustingly OP. Don't forget to have fun! :)

16. UnknownCode

UnknownCode Nightshadow

Jun 6, 2021
    California
    Islander, Bishop, Bandit
    Speenies
    If you ask me which class would I play currently in order

Shadower
    Bishop
    Paladin
    Buccaneer
    Marksman

Classes that I wouldn't play would be the rest

Night Lord
    Archmage(s)
    DK/Hero
    Corsair
    Bowmaster

The reasoning for these are
    Why I would play
    Shadower has Dark Sight, Haste and really enjoy these two abilities, I used to be a Night Lord main but I'm not able to afford it for its recharge prices while sponsoring noobies some mesos, because the recent "meso sink nerfs" sort of took that away.
    Bishops have HS and Door they're just that class thats able to help players which I enjoy doing.
    Paladins, If I would make a warrior I'd choose a Paladin because they have the ability to choose a path, Tank, Damage or Hybrid.
    Buccaneer, SI TL party utility helps out people.
    Marksman, It's just the other archer class that I would play if I had the option to change my Bowmaster to Marksman I would just to avoid the "Hurricane bug" that I keep getting myself into..

Why I wouldn't play
    Night Lord/Corsair, they both have to recharge their projectiles which you'll have to leave the map you're in since you won't be able to attack you do have the option to purchase Myo Myo Traveling Merchant in the cash shop but thats just more NX that you'll have to spend. Night Lord is just too dang expensive now.. and Corsair is just as annoying to wash because of its formula.
    Archmage(s) use too many potions and are mainly used for farming, which personally I'm not interested in.
    DK/Hero, DKs use spears and their stabs deal the most damage and thats not really going to happen as much until you get Spear Crusher., for Hero it just feels bad to lose orbs and have to "recharge" them back although it doesn't take that long it just feels bad.
    Bowmaster, I use a mac and I tend to lag a lot and whenever I swap clients my Hurricane never stops, before it was okay to use but they seemed to have "patched it" but it still happens for me and I'd rather not get banned over something that silly.

Though, these are just my personal preferences and you should play whatever you enjoy, all that really matters is if you're having fun playing the game.

17. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    So many I keep forgetting
    Just wanted to say NightLords are not anywhere near as expensive as ^ implies :')

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    Corsair is actually cheaper to wash than other ranged.

19. UnknownCode

UnknownCode Nightshadow

Jun 6, 2021
    California
    Islander, Bishop, Bandit
    Speenies
    How?

20. Redwop

Redwop Balance Team Staff Member Balance Team

Jan 27, 2016
    9:23 PM
    Odd jobbed characters deserve to be treated with more love.

• Friendly Friendly x 1