1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Favorite / Least Favorite Card Hunting Maps?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by vampiredio, Jun 29, 2023.

1. vampiredio

vampiredio Brown Teddy

May 22, 2019
    Washington
    11:31 PM
    cuppyteeth
    Buccaneer
    Hi Legends, as an avid card hunter I feel like it really gets me around the world a lot and some maps are just more fun or easier to hunt in than others. What are some places you got stuck in while card hunting or had bad luck / maps that you really enjoyed the grind in for any reason? (atmosphere, music, gacha luck, etc.)

I already have my T10 ring but I'm working on filling in the gaps in my monster book for fun (and also to put off the 129-135 grind). I'm in NLC right now and I'm surprised by how ugly a lot of the maps are in the Masteria area, namely the Masteria: Mountain Slopes. The big "NLC" carved into the map sells it, + the really awkward ground shapes and slopes are not easy or fun to navigate LOL.​

upload_2023-6-28_22-13-44.png
    A place I remember really liking early in my card hunting was Aqua Road for the general ambiance and ease of movement with the underwater physics. I also really enjoyed all of Sleepy Wood and especially the Ant Tunnels, even if they can be a hassle to navigate. I remember getting lost in them a lot as a kid, but they really do have this successful sense of depth, they go on for what feels like forever.

• Like Like x 3
  2. ShadowerZhi

ShadowerZhi Slime

Jun 19, 2020
    Male
    2:31 PM
    ShadowerZhi
    Shadower
    I'd say one of the most challenging ones, which is somehow still fresh on my mind, is the Deep Buffoon. With so few spawns per map, you would need to constantly clear away the regular Buffoons too to make sure that Deep Buffoons continually respawn. It also doesn't help that that map is huge af and the card drop rates for Deep Buffoon is so low. Thankfully, teleport portals were already added back when I was hunting them though.

Another one which I didn't particularly enjoy doing is the recently-released Crimson Guardian. Low card drop rates despite the high spawns numbers, tough to kill, casts annoying debuffs, and lousy drop tables. The only respite are the decent exp, easy-to-navigate small map, and Crimson Heart sells for some mesos in the FM.

My favourite cards to hunt are definitely all the area bosses one. The thrill of scouting for them bosses, and trying to clean all channels before any other players found out that they have respawned, the occasionally good drops and chairs and just the boss fight alone are so much fun. And when you see the cards you've been dying for drop at the end of it all? Oh that satisfaction and sense of achievement is awesome!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    vampiredio

vampiredio Brown Teddy

May 22, 2019
    Washington
    cuppyteeth
    Buccaneer
    I haven't gotten to bosses yet! And I'm super mad at past me for not getting all of the King Slime cards from KPQ, but we're far past that point now T_T plus there are definitely other PQ exclusive bosses at other levels I'm missing, which makes me wish there was a way to purchase cards you were missing / a way for monster-book completionists to fill in these blanks later in the game (unless there is one that I'm not aware of). But - I am excited to hunt bosses in the future, I did a couple for the sand-bunny chairs and the crimson balrog chair as well, but I don't know what other map bosses drop chairs in particular!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. OP
    OP
    vampiredio

vampiredio Brown Teddy

May 22, 2019
    Washington
    cuppyteeth
    Buccaneer
    upload_2023-6-29_0-50-4.png

upload_2023-6-29_0-50-32.png

New "worst maps" list additions are MesoGears: Soul Corridor and Masteria: Mountain Cliffs; not only are they teleport-heavy to navigate but both include only flying enemies (Killa Bee and Gryphon). I'm not expecting any of the MesoGears maps to get any better re:teleporters and awkward platforming, but at least the aesthetic of being inside a giant clock is cool; the only sets I need are 2 more Electrophant cards, all 5 Fire Tusk cards and 4 Killa Bee cards and then I can leave this place behind. But - all of NLC being less-than-ideal is making me nervous for the Phantom Forest, whose maps I really don't remember from this time period.

5. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    8:31 AM
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/maplelegends-party-quest-cards-seller-tienk.39977/

Check the link.

• Useful Useful x 1
  6. OP
    OP
    vampiredio

vampiredio Brown Teddy

May 22, 2019
    Washington
    cuppyteeth
    Buccaneer
  7. DrJason

DrJason Windraider

May 30, 2018
    Male
    Canada
    2:31 AM
    DrJason, Zrar, WhyDaggers
    Islander, F/P Arch Mage
    Oddjobs
    Deep Buffoons were really bad. Dark yeti & Pepe was probably the worst but that was before the spawn rate was greatly increased a couple of years ago (It used to be 4 spawns per map with a 1 minute cooldown - and the drop rate was still like 1 in 500 kills). As a F/P mage the deep aqua maps were terrible for me. I literally SP reset a point into big bang to kill the gobi spawns.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. OP
    OP
    vampiredio

vampiredio Brown Teddy

May 22, 2019
    Washington
    cuppyteeth
    Buccaneer
    All of this bad news about Deep Buffoons makes me nervous LOL... I have to kill 7000 mobs in Deep Ludi for part of my HP challenges, so honestly it might not be that bad since I'll be doing a secondary task while hunting them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    3:31 AM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    I did the card hunting on mobs that give nice exp from myself, and leeched a new char for low level ones..

my favorite card hunting is in some maps that give you more than cards (exp, drops, etc)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. Lucidcat

Lucidcat Mixed Golem

May 14, 2021
    3:31 PM
    221021200.png
    monsters105.gif

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. ShadowerZhi

ShadowerZhi Slime

Jun 19, 2020
    Male
    2:31 PM
    ShadowerZhi
    Shadower
    I can shamelessly report that I bought >90% of the PQ Boss Cards that I have. Probably spent close to 100m or more of my mesos to buy them all up hahaha.

Area boss chairs are super fun to hunt and collect alongside the cards! The chairs are very exclusive in the sense that they are untradeable and one-of-a-kind. You can't really just buy it up even if you're rich. So, if you are able to sit on that chair, more often than not it goes to show how dedicated and committed you are at hunting for that prized chair. Some of the other boss chairs you may look out for are Fish Tank Chair from Seruf, Lioner Chair from Eliza, Dragon Skull Chair from Manon and the Dragon Chair from Leviathan.

12. Jafel

Jafel Capt. Latanica

May 3, 2015
    Male
    8:31 AM
    KingSlime
    Outlaw
    Twice
    (Dark) yeti & pepe are quite easy nowadays and just in general enjoyable (but make sure you have snowshoes!)
    Glutton ghoul in the Halloween Mansion Library room suckkkk
    And the pirates in herb town were awful.

Imo some enjoyable maps are the Bain map with Male Boss (both mobs drop cards easy, it's a simple map that's nice to traverse), just about all of the regular ludi mobs/maps (idm King Bloctopus much). Orbis cloud maps with the pixies. Mr Alli in herb town and just about any other mob in herb town besides the pirates. And ofcourse the good grinding maps (FoG, almost all of Mu Lung, Ghost Ship/MP3, etc)

13. Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    Marchilles/Annolis/ Atlan/Katroz/ Chokal/Corvack/Tisif/ Quallo/Crisilixin/Forg/ Nannosh/Tylius
    Crusader, White Knight, Dragon Knight, F/P Mage, I/L Mage, Priest, Ranger, Sniper, Hermit, Chief Bandit, Marauder, Outlaw
    Eternals
    The worst are Ashigaru and Homunscillo cards, imo.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. OP
    OP
    vampiredio

vampiredio Brown Teddy

May 22, 2019
    Washington
    cuppyteeth
    Buccaneer
    Ashigaru took me <60 minutes, but Homunscullo took me longer for sure. I prob went back to Magatia like 10 times getting D. Roy and Homunscullo Onion...

15. Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    Marchilles/Annolis/ Atlan/Katroz/ Chokal/Corvack/Tisif/ Quallo/Crisilixin/Forg/ Nannosh/Tylius
    Crusader, White Knight, Dragon Knight, F/P Mage, I/L Mage, Priest, Ranger, Sniper, Hermit, Chief Bandit, Marauder, Outlaw
    Eternals
    I found that changing channels often helps with Ashigaru, but of the 12 sets I got, that one must have taken between 45 minutes to 2 hours each on average. There was only 1 character I had that got really lucky and was done in under 20 minutes, but that is definitely the exception and benefited from changing channels.

16. Endorphinss

Endorphinss Mixed Golem

Jul 28, 2021
    Male
    9:31 AM
    Endorphins
    favorite map: none of them
    least favorite one: all of them

• Useful Useful x 1