1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

HP Washing for a NL for 12K HP Goal. Is what I'm doing right

Discussion in 'Help & Advice' started by grow1, Jul 29, 2023.

1. grow1

grow1 Red Snail

Jul 17, 2020
    4:24 PM
    Zennko
    Assassin
    upload_2023-7-30_2-34-18.png

Hi, I've got a character that currently has these values and by trying to calculate the math is what I am doing right to try and hit 12K HP as the goal. There are a few questions if someone could help me figure out if the calculations above are right or not. This is taking into account the normal way of HP washing with
    ( Fresh AP -> HP, AP Reset -MP -> + Stat)

1. The level goal is 160 as indicated by line 22 however the level that would gain 12000 HP is at level 169 by line 30. Is this a mistake or supposed to happen?

2. Is it possible to wash in this way instead:
    Fresh AP -> MP
    AP Reset -MP -> +HP
    AP Reset -MP -> +Stat
    This is taking into account that currently at level 85 with 230 base INT (360 with Int Gear + MW20) and will keep adding INT all the way til (x) level. This is not taking into account about efficiency as vote cash is not a concern as of right now.

3. Are there other recommendations or ways to gain more HP by level 160 as 12K is the base line but any more possible HP is welcomed.

4. Is everything above completely wrong and this character is ruined/impossible to reach the goal mentioned above (of 12K HP by level 160) or is it the case of being able to hit the HP goal at a higher level?

Thank you for reading! Any feedback is also very welcomed!

2. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    3:24 AM
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
    that looks like a lot of base int, consider mp washing instead, but not really possible to know without seeing your stat window.

btw with a 12k hp goal you might as well go for challenges system

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  3. Krythan

Krythan Nightshadow

Sep 2, 2022
    4:24 AM
    Krythan
    Bishop
    Sleepywood
    I agree with Fartsy! If 12k is your target HP, I would also recommend just leveling normally and opting into the HP challenges when available.

If you want help running numbers for higher targets, also happy to help

4. Junaki

Junaki Stone Golem

Apr 1, 2015
    Male
    Northern New York
    Google, Piks, Arkin, JunakiG, Doss, Nezi
    Hero, Paladin, Dark Knight, I/L Arch Mage, Bishop, Bowmaster, Marksman, Night Lord, Shadower, Buccaneer, Corsair
    Galaxy
    I went 260 base int. 400 with gear. My NL is projected to get over 20k HP. K think with your current set up you can get more than you are aiming for.

5. Rapskal

Rapskal Chronos

Nov 1, 2017
    Male
    6:24 PM
    Rapskal
    Night Lord
    Lost
    Your calculations all look good, but for natural HP gain for level up 20 is the minimum value, average value is 22. Doesn't make much difference, but you'd probably hit goal hp around 167 instead.

Yes, although for each point put into HP this way (via AP reset) it will only give 16 HP. Also you can switch the 2nd and 3rd steps or do them whenever you want.

But yeah this method is recommended, if you just did it like 20 times over 4 levels I think you could hit your goal HP at level 160.
    If you did it 375 times over 75 levels you could hit like 17k HP at level 160, just costs a lot of resets.
    And this is all without adding any more INT than you already have.

6. Wannes t

Wannes t Slime

May 7, 2022
    Male
    10:24 AM
    Fortwendy
    Chief Bandit
    I went for 180 base int on my shadower and about 270int with equips. Started washing mp as soon as I reached 150 base int.
    I finish washing at 135, and when I reach 180 I should have a bit over 20k hp. I just played the game normally, no leeching. It’s perfectly doable

• Like Like x 1
  7. OP
    OP
    grow1

grow1 Red Snail

Jul 17, 2020
    Zennko
    Assassin

upload_2023-7-31_0-34-45.png
    This is my stat board without any gears affecting hp/mp.

upload_2023-7-31_0-35-32.png
    This is my board with gears displaying the max hp I have with gears on.

The 12K HP Goal is just really a base line on what I want to achieve but if I can get more HP than 12K by like say around lv 160 - 165, it's definitely welcomed.

Thank You!

8. OP
    OP
    grow1

grow1 Red Snail

Jul 17, 2020
    Zennko
    Assassin

Hi, 12k is really just a base line on what I want to achieve but if my current set of stats are able to hit higher numbers by around the lv 160-165 mark then it's definitely welcomed! Happy to figure out different ways to 'maximise' HP gains for now as I have a way of self-training the NL and vote cash isn't a problem (at least I hope so haha) as I do have around 4mil.

9. OP
    OP
    grow1

grow1 Red Snail

Jul 17, 2020
    Zennko
    Assassin

Thanks for the feedback! This does help with the confidence and if I can get more HP then the better it is.

10. OP
    OP
    grow1

grow1 Red Snail

Jul 17, 2020
    Zennko
    Assassin

Hi, thanks for the confirmation and I was wondering if adding more INT on top of what I have per level up until a certain level, 135?, all the way to 160-165? will be viable or is it more of a waste in terms of not being able to get much out of it? The character isn't going to be played in content at all til around level 160 anyways so would this be viable with method
    Fresh AP -> MP
    AP Reset -MP -> +HP
    AP Reset -MP -> +INT
    til the end and then reset everything back from INT into LUK at lv 160-165?

Thank you!

11. OP
    OP
    grow1

grow1 Red Snail

Jul 17, 2020
    Zennko
    Assassin

Thank you! Will consider mp washing as a method for trying to gain as much HP as possible up until level 160-165 as that's when I sort of want to start playing the class.

12. Krythan

Krythan Nightshadow

Sep 2, 2022
    Krythan
    Bishop
    Sleepywood
    You have 4,000,000 NX saved up!!! Awesome!

In that case - 100% aim for a higher target HP.

I highly recommend reading this post, that goes over mixing the different types of HP and MP washing for thieves.

I would certainly recommend that you start MP Washing now, and keep raising your INT until around ~400 (at least, more will let you get more total MP and HP, but cost more NX overall).

Fresh AP -> MP
    AP Reset -MP -> +INT

Keep leveling and pumping MP and INT. Once you've made a nice big stack of MP (15-20k+), you can reset your INT to LUK, and then just Stale Wash whenever you have the NX to convert that MP into HP

AP Reset -MP -> +HP

• Like Like x 1
  13. LiquidOoze

LiquidOoze Mixed Golem

Feb 7, 2018
    The real concern is why do you have 70 base dex?

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. Krythan

Krythan Nightshadow

Sep 2, 2022
    Krythan
    Bishop
    Sleepywood
    I'd be tempted to AP Reset the DEX (definitely) and LUK (if you're leeching) into INT so you can optimize for MP gains.

15. dechenny

dechenny Orange Mushroom

Sep 21, 2022
    Male
    3:24 AM
    Maple
    I started wash my shadower at lvl78 with 160base int 270with gear and mw20. Mp washed since and now I’m lvl 147 with 13k.
    It took me 345mp washes and 156 to reset.
    I started wash late but it was still doable. With higher amount base int you can definitely achieve it sooner and better

16. OP
    OP
    grow1

grow1 Red Snail

Jul 17, 2020
    Zennko
    Assassin

Thank you! This is the perfect example I need and it's great to know that this character isn't doomed at all. Anything past 12K HP at this point is a bonus since it was the original goal anyways.

17. OP
    OP
    grow1

grow1 Red Snail

Jul 17, 2020
    Zennko
    Assassin
    This character was the first character I made and it was being played up until this level. That's why the stats are in between being washed and being played.