1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you have any unpopular opinions to share about MapleLegends?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Redwop, Nov 10, 2022.

1. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    3:50 AM
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    How do you feel about the upcoming soontm hp challenge system?

2. Ryae

Ryae Wolfspider

Apr 17, 2015
    Female
    USA (West Coast)
    6:50 PM
    Ryae
    Night Lord
    Nimbus
    I like that it's an alternative way to reward HP that actually involves playing the game. I loved the addition of the monster book ring because it encouraged exploration and going to maps/areas you wouldn't normally, and this feels like an extension of that. I feel like I can't really say much beyond that until we see the final version (namely the amount of HP rewarded) and as someone who hasn't washed any characters. But I see the work Pasta and the team are putting in to make it fun and fitting for ML, and I think alternative routes to the same goal in order to suit different play styles is a great thing, so I'm looking forward to it SlimeBlush

Also...a disclaimer that I love questing so I have an inherent bias about the challenge system lol. But I tried to look at it from a broader perspective SlimeAngel

• Like Like x 2
  3. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    The Challenged System is meant for casual players and isn't the bridge to end game like some people are anticipating. I'm looking forward to its release mostly because it'll free up Davi's/staff's time on other things that need tending to. While I'm sure the challenge system will be a net positive for the server as it's definitely a change in the right direction, I don't think it'll have much effect on the larger server population nor will it shift the meta much for those who have goals past level 180.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. Higuma

Higuma Red Snail

Sep 29, 2023
    Higuma
    Cleric
    I think skill animations should have the option to be toned down (opacity). It was nice to have it on the Big Bang skill.

5. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    10:50 PM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    should be allowed to make some edits to increase QoL on some bosses

6. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    8:50 PM
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
    was it the one in summer 2017 that wanted to halve the price of ap resets? if so it’s a bit ironic the ones preventing the change were the ones cooked by toad implementation

• Creative Creative x 1
  7. Juneriffic56

Juneriffic56 Slime

Feb 4, 2023
    Female
    JuneBleep
    Hero
    Funk
    Someone has already said it but I wanna just literally repeat it because it's so true:

The HP dilemma could be so easily solved in a heartbeat if it weren't for these entitled mfs who already dealt with washing their characters to high HP that complain about it being made avoidable. The hp amounts the challenges give are literally made arbitrarily low, AND they expect you to deal with requiring a party buff held by ONE CLASS who ALSO has to make sure to actually buff you on time and said party buff is dispellable and has a slightly low timer. (Btw, the class in question is Dark Knight, which is literally considered one of the worst classes in the game.)
    All to appease the degens who will throw a fit if not everyone has to deal with a god awful exploit just to EXPERIENCE THE GAME WITHOUT DYING IN ONE HIT.
    It's literally borderline gatekeeping that the devs actively support, essentially.
    Funniest part too is, not every person who hardcore washed would even care I bet. It's just this vocal minority that literally gets top priority because they dealt with a stupid exploit for a couple years. Literally the definition of one person/group ruining something for everyone.

As a sidenote, I don't even think every class should necessarily get 30,000 HP via HP challenges, as that just creates less diversity in classes and would make things a bit braindead and easy.
    But at Lv 180, I feel like every class should at least be able to survive 1 hit of everything that they NEED to be able to survive a hit of without requiring some stupid skill on again, ONE CLASS. (Besides, HB would still be a decent skill in this scenario, as it would still make things more comfortable and give extra security if you happen to have it in your party.)

(Also, sorry if this is more of a rant than an unpopular opinion xD)

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  8. Thuglifer

Thuglifer Capt. Latanica

Sep 1, 2021
    Male
    9:50 AM
    Beginner
    Throwing some quick ideas, perhaps we could get APR version 2 (different item tag than the current shop APR) where only completed HP challengers from lvl 180+ can buy @ same price 3,100 NX if not more (6,200 NX+); utilizing their excess NX built up over the levels while keeping future bonus HP challenges relatively relevant with an additional option on the table. Possibly allow for only hp gains (following diff jobs stale wash gains) thru this new apr

Last edited: Oct 3, 2023
  9. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    8:50 PM
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
    i think hp challenges are quite nice, just pair it with a luk dk or something while voting on a 30k potential. A lot of really old players benefit from these changes, especially ones who are forever 4 digits (like liquidooze).

btw one would only want a high hp char bc people around them already have one. It’s kinda like gear standards where everyone progressively want more. Problem is how high is just enough?

• Creative Creative x 1
  10. Hiyo

Hiyo Headless Horseman Retired Staff

Sep 21, 2016
    Kuwait
    4:50 AM
    Hiyo
    Camper
    The same can be said for classes that rely on supportive buffs to do their optimal damage, why are they tied to SE or SI or both to do their maximum damage output. This is an old school RPG with class diversity in mind and bosses are meant to be cleared in a group consisting of DPS, supportive DPS and supports. The issue with washing is that it disrupts this balance. I personally don't care about the washing mechanic, I just think that washing kills class diversity and the HP challenges has that in mind, which I do think is good. Just wanted to throw my opinion on this.

Also the whole forums is full of vocal minorities fighting one another. (for the most part)

• Agree Agree x 9
  11. fael

fael Nightshadow

Jun 8, 2020
    Male
    10:50 PM
    Fael
    Night Lord
    SURRA
    expelling weak people from PQ runs where most members are casual players = community friendly

expelling weak people from PB runs where most members are endgame players = toxic af

ive seen so much of it on my maplelegends life (not saying its ur case)

Last edited: Oct 3, 2023
    • Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Juneriffic56

Juneriffic56 Slime

Feb 4, 2023
    Female
    JuneBleep
    Hero
    Funk
    That's a fair point yeah. My issue is just, unlike Marksman/Bowmaster or Buccaneer, which are extremely meta classes at the moment, DKs in comparison are rarely sought after outside of PB (typically only for those 1 or 2 ranged attackers in a HT run that need the HB to survive wings flap or legs), and there's less DK players as a result compared to classes like Bucc and BM/MM. Not to mention, no SE or SI just means lowered damage potential, but no HB can mean immediate death (which in itself is even lower damage potential kek).
    Though obviously there's not exactly zero DK players on this server. Hell, there's a lot more than I'd expect. And you don't need HB for EVERY boss, obviously.

Really, I just hope there's enough DKs out there to support the wave of ranged attackers that go the challenges route. Otherwise I think the challenges will be nice. Ideally though, I'd prefer HP not being a hassle to begin with, but alas, Neckson designed this game kinda badly lmao.

Yeah don't get me wrong, I actually quite enjoy the system. ESPECIALLY the recent changes to them with the recent patch. The Vikin's Treasure questline is really pleasant, though a bit cryptic at times.
    I just think the idea of needing a skill off one class to survive lethal blows is a bit clunky, but, I suppose MapleStory has always been a game where players need to work together successfully.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. icymcspicy

icymcspicy Slime

Apr 27, 2020
    Male
    Bobonaut
    Not sure if it’d be too broken or if it’s even possible to rework the code but would love. Achilles and guardian to be castable party wide boofs instead of being passives. Would make warriors fill the role of a traditional tank better. And give them a useful party buff finally

14. beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    Guardian Parry WEW. Make it an active skill, long cast time (holy symbol duration), short range (holy symbol range), 30 sec cooldown, grants party-wide damage and status immunity for the cast duration. Now they’re an actual tank.

• Creative Creative x 1
  15. Nadav1

Nadav1 King Slime

May 18, 2021
    Male
    Beginner
    remove ws/cs from gacha so the end game bossers can finally make more mesos then the avg lvl 160 petri leecher who started the game 3 months ago

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  16. icymcspicy

icymcspicy Slime

Apr 27, 2020
    Male
    Bobonaut
    Semi long cast and buff duration for guardian works yeah. But i think it should remain as a chance to parry damage and status. Guaranteeing the damage negation makes it a mini Smokescreen? Parry chance might need tweaking. Cuz of both thieves and shifter.

Achilles as a guaranteed-15% dmg reduction for party sounds good too it’d be achilles+HB or Achilles+Guardian.

17. Endorphinss

Endorphinss Mixed Golem

Jul 28, 2021
    Male
    Endorphins
    Best comment yet

18. Subterlabor

Subterlabor Headless Horseman

Mar 13, 2023
    7:50 PM
    SweatLord
    Bowmaster
    Toilet
    x1000000000

19. Subterlabor

Subterlabor Headless Horseman

Mar 13, 2023
    7:50 PM
    SweatLord
    Bowmaster
    Toilet
    The Balance team needs to find a way to properly balance single client and the multiclient dbags that keep ruining classes through the nerfs, because the current approach of everyone getting nerfed because of a select few is just getting alot of people up in arms

• Agree Agree x 3
  20. Daydreamer

Daydreamer Headless Horseman

Jul 8, 2017
    Male
    I/L Arch Mage
    This is how I think Smokescreen should work lol.